• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
My first 6 link chest thing drop!! This is going to be a fun league. Now to find a scroll of wisdom.

VufpWii.jpg

Grats! Early Tabula drops are always super motivating and fun.

Hmm agony crawler or brand 🤔

I enjoy both but I think I like Herald of Agony more. Just love having the scorpion buddy murdering everything around.

DaTruth29

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
League going good so far for me. One request I would have (unless it's already in the game) would be to let us get a shortcut to the collapse memory button

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
Synthesis is really rough if you try to do it in act 1 when your character is just starting out, but besides that it is incredibly forgiving compared to the previous few league mechanics and even mapping. There's no limit to how many times you can die in a stabilized memory and the blue wave deleting the map is very slow and won't delete the objectives you have to get.

The memories are like being able to play mapping starting from Act 1, so already the league mechanic has been very enjoyable.

Also Fireball seems crazy strong in the early game now.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
The one good thing about xbox is that i get to use PoB before the game expansion comes out D:

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I've died a few times trying some of the memories. I usually skip mechanics leveling but since theres no penalty I decided to see if I could get sone decent levling gear.

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
After playing for some hours, Synthesis is fun. My only complain is that low level rewards are not as useful as other leagues. Most of the low level stuff is vanilla trash. Synthesis is going to shine once you get to maps as it is a fun alternative to mapping with all the modifications you can do.

Wave of Conviction is really fun. Even if it feels it is not going to be that good against bosses. Also, the new Templar nodes that give physical as extra fire and lightning are really powerful.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Got early tabula, rocking that 6L Bane at act 5.

Wasted a lot of time in the memory Nexus, testing the mechanics for Memory Modifiers and Amplifiers. I got a mod called: synthesis rare mobs will drop a unique with 100% chance.

Also got a fractured ABYSS JEWEL. Lol

rickyson33

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
found my first ex pretty early this league,literally only 3 levels above the minimum drop level for them:

CDD2B1D02E1AE5861FC3C3CF4577981473A80497

DaTruth29

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Soulrend with GMP is so fucking good early level, hope it scales well into maps!

And yeah, I like the fact that when you enter a memory fragment they give you a way to bail out if things start going sideways.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Careful if your inventory is full and you try to pick up something in a memory and it goes back to the ground, it won't come out of the memory at the end

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Made it to act 4 last night, just swapped out ED for Soulrend. Looking forward to getting GMP so the fun can really begin.

Would have got further but had issues with the game crashing loading into areas. Apparently my vector (t) was too long or something.

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I sometimes get a bug where the sound stutters then the stuttering repeats leading to a hard crash. Its a bit of a worry.

Deleted member 8583

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Divine Ire is really fun and powerful if anyone wants to try it.

Currently using it with a CwC set up. Trying different spells, Purifying Flame seems to be the best.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad I waited on PoB to be updated to decide whether to pick up ES nodes. Soulrend is hitting the ES leech cap easily and it doesn't seem like the nodes on the tree improve it that much compared to the passive costs when I am pretty sure I'll get more ES leech just from grabbing extra ES on gear.

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017
I might need to rethink some of my build first time Ive died multiple times on the leveling process. Was getting sone weird performance issues. I find an exalt at crossroads so that was nice. First time I've gotten an exalt this early in league leveling.

Didn't help that I was super tired and tried playing late into the night. Really want to try an inquisitor build. How are the new skills for those using then?

Deleted member 40797

Banned
Mar 8, 2018
I'm getting back into POE after a couple years off and wondering whether these Steam update times are normal? I started playing Synthesis yesterday, and today has another massive update. Is this something unique to playing POE on Steam?

diablogg

Oct 31, 2017
I'm getting back into POE after a couple years off and wondering whether these Steam update times are normal? I started playing Synthesis yesterday, and today has another massive update. Is this something unique to playing POE on Steam?

(I think) You need these with the launcher as well, although it has been awhile since I used there game launcher.

Kentsui

Oct 26, 2017
Steam updates are always bigger than with their launcher, something on Steam's end or related to their guidelines for uptades IIrc.
I installed the standalone client 2 days before the league cause of that otherwise I always loose the first day.

Made it to maps so far with a Facebreaker AW totems build.

Koz

Sep 5, 2018
Ooh baby I like how Soulrend feels, especially after the clunkiness of ED. I tried Bane a bit too and it seems real good, but I think I prefer Soulrend a bit, especially its ability to offscreen.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
I am running Soulrend. The off-screen clear is crazy and I swear with GMP the projectiles have AI that tells it to go around corners to seek out enemies even in areas with thin doorways and lots of rooms.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Popping into see how people are doing in their league start. Been playing DMC5 all weekend long since launch.

I check out POE streamers on Twitch... everyone playing Soulrend Bane.. LMFAO!

DaTruth29

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Popping into see how people are doing in their league start. Been playing DMC5 all weekend long since launch.

I check out POE streamers on Twitch... everyone playing Soulrend Bane.. LMFAO!
It's REALLY strong. I'm in maps rocking Bane on a 3-link +1 chaos mod that i got in act 1 that includes despair and void manipulation and It's still putting in massive work. Soulrend is kinda meh until you can get it 4-5 linked with GMP. Then it's amazing. Since it moves slow and it pierces, what you do is shot it out then just run behind it. On hallway maps it's decent enough by itself, but on open maps it's fucking incredible.