• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rufus

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
It does bend toward enemies, yes. Not always enough for the outside projectiles on GMP to hit smaller packs though.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
So for whatever reason Steam was refusing to launch PoE, telling me there was a tiny patch that was downloaded but refused to install. After tons of restarts I finally gave up and uninstalled, downloaded the standalone version and installed that. Then totally forgot I used my Steam account to login. So now I'm waiting on support to help me. Originally got an answer just asking me to login with my Steam account on the site and use the change email function but it refuses to work so I'm waiting on GGG.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
It does bend toward enemies, yes. Not always enough for the outside projectiles on GMP to hit smaller packs though.
Despite this I find that GMP is still better for smaller packs because LMP only gives you the farthestt projectiles that move at the widest angles and are most likely to not hit anything, while GMP gives you the projectiles in between that will let you hit the most enemies.

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017
So looks like I cannot load into the ravaged square and can't progress the game any further. Game just crashes and exits completely with no error message.

This really sucks.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ze0FKUU.jpg

I guess I dont shavs anymore lol.

Kentsui

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone else having payment processing issues when trying to buy a supporter pack ?
Everything goes well through the bank and then payment is canceled when it switches back to Xolla :(

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone trying out some older buffed skills? Curious to hear impressions about the non meta skills that were buffed.

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Im still trying to figure out this nexus stuff. Seems like I get 3 mempry modifier nodes for every other type of node. Ita kind of annoying me.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2455823/page/1

Betreyal disabled on Xbox at launch and changed to be 1 syndicate event (unlike pc which has 3 now) with tripled rewards when its re-enabled because of memory problems.

I assume itll be the same for Ps4.

I honestly dunno how good or bad this is (other people seem to think its worse than pc) but i did ask Jeff from GGG if the actual syndicate option rewards (like drop a random unique) and such were also buffed to be 3x and he said he was gonna check with Mark if that was the case so were still waiting on that.

We'll see how this goes since this is the 1st actual console v Pc content difference that we've had.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2455823/page/1

Betreyal disabled on Xbox at launch and changed to be 1 syndicate event (unlike pc which has 3 now) with tripled rewards when its re-enabled because of memory problems.

I assume itll be the same for Ps4.

I honestly dunno how good or bad this is (other people seem to think its worse than pc) but i did ask Jeff from GGG if the actual syndicate option rewards (like drop a random unique) and such were also buffed to be 3x and he said he was gonna check with Mark if that was the case so were still waiting on that.

We'll see how this goes since this is the 1st actual console v Pc content difference that we've had.
I'll be honest, the less betrayal for me the better, i all but sidesteped the content at end game, and even when i didn't the rewards were worse than the base content.
As long as delve is as is, I'll be happy.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
and even when i didn't the rewards were worse than the base content.
Betrayal rewards were actually insane and had ridiculous value. It just wasn't worth farming in maps outside of veiled mods, wasn't worth doing the final boss, and ranged from being an annoyance to a deadly encounter if you were just trying to do other content depending on your build. But besides that you could make exalts worth of Chaos and easily get to level 95 just farming a level 60 area when Betrayal was the main league.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Betrayal rewards were actually insane and had ridiculous value. It just wasn't worth farming in maps outside of veiled mods, wasn't worth doing the final boss, and ranged from being an annoyance to a deadly encounter if you were just trying to do other content depending on your build. But besides that you could make exalts worth of Chaos and easily get to level 95 just farming a level 60 area when Betrayal was the main league.
That type of playstyle just isn't interesting to me, i have no interest farming low level content.
The way i played, doing SSF, i never found anything of worth in the betrayal content.
I get the point about veiled mods, but I'd like to think that GGG has made it so that 'we' get as many veiled items in 1 encounter as pc players would get in 3.....

Deleted member 3968

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So uh how exactly does the synthesis stuff work? I've found 36/45 of the areas but only like a dozen show up. and if I don't constantly keep like 3 or 4 "planned" on the map it says I'm at the max for pieces every time. Do the other areas just increase the lvl or add mods to the 1st 12? I've noticed the lvl on em go up and they have more mods. or is that to do with finding the various beacon lvls? like finding the 2/3/4 beacons areas adds the mods? I just wanna make sure I'm not wasting them.

I dunno I haven't payed with it much but it seem ok so far.

Having to redo all the veiled mos/delve stats etc really fucking blows though.

I dunno how I'm supposed to have time to redo literally hundreds of hrs of work every league and try all the new stuff/refind the gear I need etc.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
After a intensive weekend, I have reached level 88, done a couple of red maps and got all ascendancy points. Bane is insane and almost has no downsides if you are an Occultist (hexproof penetration, built in corpse explosion...)

However, this league is worse than 3.5, mostly because last patch introduced all the master rework. Betrayal implementation is in a bad spot, you can expect weeks until doing the Mastermind encounter. Bestiary, Delve and Incursion stay the same (now we can see Alva in minimap, that's awesome).

Moving on league mechanics, I like the loot and monster density added to each map. It does help that I am playing a meta build with tons of clearspeed and almost no downsides. Additionaly, the minigame of optimizing the memory Nexus board, to maximize memory Modifiers and Amplifiers, is interesting. However they are many bullshit moments when the decay insta kicks you out of the fragment that you spent 5 tiles in order to reach. And recently spawned memories can also ruin your planned route. The Fractured items remind me of the special mods of Incursion temple, they allow for crafting crazyness. Synthesis items however need more work or explanation of what influences the outcome because ATM they appear to be totally random.

I will try to reach 36 challenges and all content for the first time ever in my PoE career. Until Sekiro comes out haha.

So uh how exactly does the synthesis stuff work? I've found 36/45 of the areas but only like a dozen show up. and if I don't constantly keep like 3 or 4 "planned" on the map it says I'm at the max for pieces every time. Do the other areas just increase the lvl or add mods to the 1st 12? I've noticed the lvl on em go up and they have more mods. or is that to do with finding the various beacon lvls? like finding the 2/3/4 beacons areas adds the mods? I just wanna make sure I'm not wasting them.

I dunno how I'm supposed to have time to redo literally hundreds of hrs of work every league and try all the new stuff/refind the gear I need etc.

So, some clarifications: The memory fragments you find in zones and maps bank after you complete them and go into a special space, to a maximum of 10. If you exceed this amount, your UNPLANNED tiles will get overwritten sequentally (from oldest to newest). I think of it like Incursion, after 10 maps I go to the Memory Nexus, place most of them trying to connect and maximize the chains of Memory Modifiers. Then run them to apply the Memory modifiers. There is some min/max gameplay involved aswell if you want additional drops but won't go into detail unless requested :-D.

There is some level adjustment going on while progressing on acts 1-10, but I was always overleveled for the memory nexus tiles. In maps, there is no adjustment and the tile level matches the one of the tile. Some Memory Amplifiers (yellow square in the Memory map) can raise the level of the tile you put on it.

Do not worry much about it. I still dont know how to reach the Synthesis bosses (probably on the corners of the map).

Last edited:

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017

Planned pieces are NOT removed from the 10 pieces you have at ready in your "inventory". In order to free up space for new memory pieces, you need to actually place them. You place the memories by:
- Plan the area on map
- Open the connecting bridge to the planned area by touching the stabilisation device in the adjacent area
Only once bridge to area is open, it's removed from your inventory.

Area level scales with you, even ones you have already placed on map. I'm not sure how this works in endgame.

Memory modifier beacons add mods to ALL connected areas along the chain. This includes areas that are on other side of memory nexus.

Here's a ZiggyD video explaining it in more detail: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdpYNIN89ck

I'm going only for the stuff I need. No need to hunt multimod craft recipes if I don't ever intend to use them.

Veiled mod hunting does suck though.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The delve grind to get to a reasonable depth is kind of annoying every league tbh. Wish we could start a bit deeper after clearing campaign.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Based on Datamining site poedb, bosses will come from special memory fragments (Cortex) in 79 lvl or more maps. Probably you will need to finish Cavas quest (its very spoilery) to start seeing the special memory fragments. My assumption is that far away from the center the treasure tiles will be more rewarding, or more likely to spawn different types of treasure tiles. I dont know if these tiles can spawn with more than 1 charge, but I will assume that you can only run them once.

I am no expert at all of PoE endgame grinds. But based on the aforementioned information, I foresee two type of tile placement strategies in Synthesis:

1. Choosing 1 side of the Nexus to deploy a rectangular cluster of tiles to maximize Memory Modifiers mods. See https://i.imgur.com/iKoWb1J.jpg for an example for the deployment, and what kind of mods you can get here https://i.imgur.com/umBnxQw.png
  2. Long agrupations of tiles, towards the corners of the Memory map, hoping for lucrative treasure tile spawns.
1) is going to be safe since you cant get bullshit out by decay or random treasure tile spawning. 2) may net you some uncommon items like fossils, breach splinters... the pool of possible treasure tiles is quite big.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I have to say Synthesis is a very confusing league. Both in terms of the memory grind and how that works (I really wish there was a way to remove memory fragments from the storage without actually running them), but also in terms of synthesing items. I haven't found any logic or reason to how the new items are created, and can only presume you get better implicits as you use higher ilevel items. Because when levelling they seem utterly terrible.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I have to say Synthesis is a very confusing league. Both in terms of the memory grind and how that works (I really wish there was a way to remove memory fragments from the storage without actually running them), but also in terms of synthesing items. I haven't found any logic or reason to how the new items are created, and can only presume you get better implicits as you use higher ilevel items. Because when levelling they seem utterly terrible.
If you are on 10 tile cap, the game will start replacing new fragments with the ones unplanned. Just plan the ones you want to keep until you have your desired 10.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017

Current working theory I've read is that implicit is one of item mods in the 3 items given. NOTE all mods are taken into account? Not only broken mods!

Also apparently mods can mutate a bit, so if you give items with only +lvl to socketed gems -mods, you might get +x% quality to socketed gems for example.

Deleted member 28474

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
After today I "get" how you are supposed to manipulate the memory map and everything like that. The implementation is just somewhat clunky. Limited space for memory nodes, needing specific nodes to keep up the links for modifiers and the linking memories appearing randomly.. I love the concept and vibe of it all a LOT, it just needs a bit of tweaking and clarity.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The concept is good but the amount of walking you have to do and RNG screwing you up is kind of off putting to me.

Deleted member 28474

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The concept is good but the amount of walking you have to do and RNG screwing you up is kind of off putting to me.

Yeah, pretty much. Everything is so random, from where memories on the map appear to what memory links you will get in maps, to how you place memories when they are about to collapse. It is all just a bit clunky and unrefined.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
The way you have to turn around and immediately place a memory after running a decaying one, not when you are finished but after crossing the bridge into the next zone, is odd. The memory being decayed but still on the map is also strange.

Ideally, it would be nice to select a replacement when you're first activating the node so you can just continue on and have a selected piece placed behind you.

Deleted member 28474

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The way you have to turn around and immediately place a memory after running a decaying one, not when you are finished but after crossing the bridge into the next zone, is odd. The memory being decayed but still on the map is also strange.

Ideally, it would be nice to select a replacement when you're first activating the node so you can just continue on and have a selected piece placed behind you.

Yep, this is exactly what I meant.

Molecule

Nov 2, 2017
I'm getting hooked on the game. I tried playing a couple of leagues before but didn't get far. Right now I'm at act 5 and having a blast. I read that it's good to be in areas where the monsters are a few levels above you but I haven't been able to do that. I'm always a few ahead.

I have a question on gear. Do I just use whatever I find? Don't need to worry about crafting or trading for anything just yet?

Deleted member 28474

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm getting hooked on the game. I tried playing a couple of leagues before but didn't get far. Right now I'm at act 5 and having a blast. I read that it's good to be in areas where the monsters are a few levels above you but I haven't been able to do that. I'm always a few ahead.

I have a question on gear. Do I just use whatever I find? Don't need to worry about crafting or trading for anything just yet?

If you aren't dying super frequently and are generally getting through the content then you should be fine. If you absolutely hit a wall, check your elemental resistances and life (or energy shield or whatever) you are getting off items and keep an eye out.

I don't really try and find anything really specific until end/post-game on my first character of a league.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The crafting bench should be enough to carry you to the end of the campaign. Always prioritize life and resist on gear, good gems and passive tree should be enough for damage for the campaign. If you're playing melee though I'd trade a bit for cheap uniques with good damage (generally 1 alch or 1 chaos)

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

So you want to continously run memory tiles without "moving" in the board? Or set automatic replaces after tiles disappear?

Molecule

Nov 2, 2017
If you aren't dying super frequently and are generally getting through the content then you should be fine. If you absolutely hit a wall, check your elemental resistances and life (or energy shield or whatever) you are getting off items and keep an eye out.

I don't really try and find anything really specific until end/post-game on my first character of a league.
The crafting bench should be enough to carry you to the end of the campaign. Always prioritize life and resist on gear, good gems and passive tree should be enough for damage for the campaign. If you're playing melee though I'd trade a bit for cheap uniques with good damage (generally 1 alch or 1 chaos)
I'm playing a bow character. I'm not having any issues yet. Damage wise I'm good, I melt everything. Defense wise I'm alright. I'm just asking because last time I played I hit a wall and got frustrated.

Crafting bench? I guess that's what's in my hideout and what those recipes I keep finding are for?

Deleted member 28474

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm playing a bow character. I'm not having any issues yet. Damage wise I'm good, I melt everything. Defense wise I'm alright. I'm just asking because last time I played I hit a wall and got frustrated.

Crafting bench? I guess that's what's in my hideout and what those recipes I keep finding are for?

Yep, that's the crafting bench. Check it out. The prefix/suffix mod stuff can be a bit confusing at first, but if you get stuck hit us up on here or in game.

Deleted member 28474

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
If I want to replace a tile that will expire after I run it, I'd like to pick it before I run it instead of after so I don't forget.

It isnt only forgetting, it is also being surrounded by mobs as well as some memory nodes collapsing super fast.

Of course I get why they make it tricky to do, but it comes across more clunky than a solid design choice. No idea how you would do it on consoles.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If I want to replace a tile that will expire after I run it, I'd like to pick it before I run it instead of after so I don't forget.
Ok, I understand, but I don't see an easy way to implement this. What about loot on the floor after clicking the Stabilizer? How do you trigger the new tile? What if you have ended in a side that is incompatible with the tile you want to put? Is considering every possible corner case worth the effort just to enable this functionality?

Personally I don't have any problem with this issue. If you plan to have long memory tile chains for modifier you really must take into account the tiles that will disappear after traveling across the modifier tiles. My only problem is choosing the wrong way in a treasure or modifier tile and ending fucking up the whole chain, or the blue void eating you as click the stabilizer.