• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Doing a templar storm brand/lightning spire build, it's very fun and hits pretty hard so far. Just got into mapping, haven't died yet (first time ever for me lol).

Wonder how well it will scale into bossing.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just learned you can regal a magic item with 1 mod lmfao. Didn't penalize me so far but boy I'm glad I'm learning it now in a league where I'll be doing a lot of multimodding.

DaTruth29

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
So, from what I gather, synthazied items generate their explicits from the implicit mods of all the items that are being synthesized.

You can scour a fractured items and it doesn't kill the fractured mods.

If you do this to an item that has multiple fractured mods, it can either become magic (if the mods are a prefix and suffix each) or become a rare (if it has at least 2 of either prefix or suffix). If it's magic, you can regal it and use an annul. The annul will kill the regal mod, leaving just the fractured mods.

I'm thinking the prices for scours, regals, and annuls are going up this league, and probably going to start investing in them now....

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
If you're running bane/soulrend, i recommend using spreading rot jewel+spell totem+blight+multitotem for bosses... the jewel gives blight wither debuff which is 6% increased chaos damage taken per stack (up to 15 stacks)

Combined with your bane+despair you're just pumping bosses full of unmitigated chaos damage

Merkunt

Oct 25, 2017
The performance with this new league has been terrible for me, hard crashes, lots of visual bugs and it stutters on a constant basis; already disabled in-game v-sync and tried nvidia's v-sync control panel solution and the game still craps itself at every second.

Edit:

Pog?

Last edited:

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The performance with this new league has been terrible for me, hard crashes, lots of visual bugs and it stutters on a constant basis; already disabled in-game v-sync and tried nvidia's v-sync control panel solution and the game still craps itself at every second.
Sounds like par for the course for a week 1 league launch.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
They're planning on fixing some of the issues related to the start of memory exploration where you can be swarmed by enemies right away and making delaying the decay start time (I noticed it can immediately eat you if you go the wrong way at the start of some memories).

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
vKFTspf.jpg

We are getting there boys!

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Performance for me has been way better for some reason. Im almost always sitting on 144fps and my pc is getting pretty old. Saying that though, for whatever reason Lunaris Temple was absolutely all over the place dropping to sub 30fps sometimes.

Telaso

Oct 25, 2017
My performance was pretty bad on Windowed Fullscreen. Lots of frame pacing issues. Switching to Full Screen made the game run great.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
So I've only played for like two and a half days and ended up finding and selling a random ass jewel in a T1 map.. checked price and saw they go for 8ex lol. Not a bad league start

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
So far I'm not digging this league at all. Lots of things were just poorly thought out that make this league tedious to deal with. Started messing around with the league mechanic today, and after about 2 hours I started just regularly mapping. Hopefully it gets better over time, but this league has been a bust for me so far. Just way too many stupid decisions stacked on top of each other.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
sooo guys does anyone know if using sweetfx is ok or against the rules.. I used it for D3 for like 5 years without an account ban ?

I'm not sure. You should ask GGG support directly IMO.

General rule is: you can't automate actions. Parsed information is fine. Sweetfx seems to modify graphics (?) which makes me think it's not allowed, but you should ask GGG to make sure.

Deleted member 8583

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My problem with the current league is that there is way too much stuff to do.

Synthesis is an interesting mechanic that needs some fixing: more space for memories (10 is way too low), an easier way to delete memories (they are going to fix this in the next patch), better positioning of memories with rewards (sometimes they can spawn in a way that they get in the path of each other) and some minor fixing on the speed of decayed memories and enemies spawning at the start. Other than that, the league is really good and rewarding, just way too time consuming. And that is my major complain, the new master system is badly implemented (specially Betrayal) and it is becoming too complex and time consuming to do all every 3 months.

Oct 27, 2017
As a long time diablo player im going to give POE a go. Theres loads of guides out there but are there any you guys would recommend for getting me started?

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
My game crashes to the logging screen whenever I attempt to go back into a decayed memory to pick up the loot left on the ground. Very annoying as it means you only ever get one inventory screen of loot...

DaTruth29

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
For regals to be useful you need a metric ton of ex, which I don't.
Regals are pretty necessary for things like jewels. Also, if you pick up one of the "multiple crafting" items found in delve you can try to regal it and hope to hit a good mod, and then just craft the rest of the stuff you need.

It's also pretty necessary for metacrafting and the new synthesis mechanic, but I think you were aiming at it's uses for low costs actions.

Molecule

Nov 2, 2017
Do we have a place to showcase our character's looks? Basically show off your mtx setup?

There's so much cool stuff in the store! A lot of it is kind of pricey though.

Oticon

Oct 30, 2017
Hey guys, do we have a guild or Discord I can join? Right now it's just me and my friend playing together and I would like to join a group of people playing together.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
So, they fixed the bug where you crashed to login screen when you tried to entire a portal to a decayed memory (to grab the loot left around the stabiliser).

They've done this by blocking portals to decayed memories - they still appear, but if you try to use it you get an error message saying you can't return to decayed memories. However, this has some other issues...

Once you click the portal you are trapped in the memory nexus. You can't use the way point. You cannot go to another memory. You cannot even go back to the character select screen. Literally the only way out is to hard exist the game.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
Do we have a place to showcase our character's looks? Basically show off your mtx setup?

There's so much cool stuff in the store! A lot of it is kind of pricey though.

All your fancy MTX will be on show when trading with ppl. Or while standing in town. Or while playing in a group.

But you can post here too in this thread if you want! I'm not sure what other places there are, I'm sure there is an official MTX show-off place somewhere.

Hey guys, do we have a guild or Discord I can join? Right now it's just me and my friend playing together and I would like to join a group of people playing together.

We have a guild, write your character name here in this thread or PM me and I will send an invite.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just unlocked the multimod craft if y'all need it. Price is 2ex.
Wouldn't mind if you gave me hats and gloves to unveil (I'm giving them back after ofc), I need some crafts on them if you don't care about them :p

DaTruth29

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Has anyone had their memory modifiers not propagate through all their connected memory nodes? I've had this happen to me twice, and I don't understand why it's occuring. All my nodes are connected and stable, there should be no reason for the mechanic not to work as it has, unless theirs something I'm missing in regards to memory modifier propagation....

Actinium

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
California
Beastiary League 2: Please Stop Adding This Stuff to The Base Game

I'd happily erase all of the leagues that spawned the new masters just to get like 1 guaranteed breach per zone or something. Just a billion samey grinds with crafting rewards and not a lot else that i'm tired of before i even hit maps.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone had their memory modifiers not propagate through all their connected memory nodes? I've had this happen to me twice, and I don't understand why it's occuring. All my nodes are connected and stable, there should be no reason for the mechanic not to work as it has, unless theirs something I'm missing in regards to memory modifier propagation....
Cutedog has a full video on it, seems like its currently broken.

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Beastiary League 2: Please Stop Adding This Stuff to The Base Game

I'd happily erase all of the leagues that spawned the new masters just to get like 1 guaranteed breach per zone or something. Just a billion samey grinds with crafting rewards and not a lot else that i'm tired of before i even hit maps.

I dont even do them until I hit maps.

I feel like they arent there to do all of them. Just pick a couple to focus on. Im happy they are there, even if they are somewhat samey.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you ever get veiled gloves or helmets I'll buy them for you 1 chaos a piece if you're interested (not unveiled)

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
Ok, I dedicate a bank tab just for veiled items :P

I am not in the guild but I would not mind an invite. WitchofBane is my ign, Greenpaint I think you are he person managing the invites?

I do not manage invites. All officers can invite, and so can guild leader. Total there are 9 of us but we have varying levels of activity and different timezones.

I'm home and can invite in around 6 to 7 hours from this post if nobody else has managed to invite before that.

Volodja

Oct 25, 2017
Lost my second character in under a week to a freeze.
I guess I should be thankful that my equipment wasn't anything particularly valuable and it was pre CI switch so I still have all my ES stuff, but I think I'm done with the league until they fix these problems.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
I just had a memory map modifier that gives all rare synthesised enemies a 100% chance to drop a unique item, and it's spread over 10 maps. That seems fairly strong.

DaTruth29

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Cutedog has a full video on it, seems like its currently broken.
GGG just posted this

Thanks for your report. This is occurring because there is a limit on the number of Global Modifiers you can have and you have reached that limit. The limit is based on the total number of mods across ALL islands.

We plan on notifying the player when they have reached their limit in a future patch so that it's easy to tell.

I hope this helps.

I understand why GGG makes a lot of the design decisions that they do, but sometimes they do some shit that REALLY baffles me. Like, I totally understand why you would want to put a cap on the number of modifiers, but:

1) Why make it global as opposed to per module? And most importantly
2) WHY NOT DISPLAY THIS INFORMATION TO THE PLAYER?!?!?!

Just have a little counter a the top or bottom of your nexus map that reads along the lines of " #/# Modifiers Currently In Use"! Why do they continue to obfuscate the rules of their game so much?!?