• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I just had a memory map modifier that gives all rare synthesised enemies a 100% chance to drop a unique item, and it's spread over 10 maps. That seems fairly strong.

Unless you get a Memory Amplifier (the yellow square highlight) or other modifier that increases the number of rares, they are actually quite scarce.

GGG just posted this

I understand why GGG makes a lot of the design decisions that they do, but sometimes they do some shit that REALLY baffles me. Like, I totally understand why you would want to put a cap on the number of modifiers, but:

1) Why make it global as opposed to per module? And most importantly
2) WHY NOT DISPLAY THIS INFORMATION TO THE PLAYER?!?!?!

Just have a little counter a the top or bottom of your nexus map that reads along the lines of " #/# Modifiers Currently In Use"! Why do they continue to obfuscate the rules of their game so much?!?
There must be some technical limitations behind this mod cap. And this is really unintuitive limit to put. I think I am going to ignore the Nexus optimization and just focus on the related challenges.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
Unless you get a Memory Amplifier (the yellow square highlight) or other modifier that increases the number of rares, they are actually quite scarce.

There must be some technical limitations behind this mod cap. And this is really unintuitive limit to put. I think I am going to ignore the Nexus optimization and just focus on the related challenges.

My attitude towards memory things is "alternative mapping" and reward nodes are simply nice things you build towards but aren't the end goal itself.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
My attitude towards memory things is "alternative mapping" and reward nodes are simply nice things you build towards but aren't the end goal itself.
I am really sad about the modifier cap. You cant get crazy with 12 mods over 20 tiles or something ridicolous. I rather spend the time doing Delve stuff or mapping.But since I want to do 36 challenges before sekiro comes out (wish me luck), I will have to do the Memory Nexus stuff.

Next league I will not play on launch but after 4 to 6 weeks after the bullshit and the non-sense design decisions GGG makes are patched.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
I'm enjoying the league, most complaints I have seen (like "too fast decay") are not something I am bothered by.

I do wish there was a way to target the content you want to play in a more deterministic way. Like, focusing efforts towards completing incursions for example. I wouldn't mind some extra farming if it would gave me the master missions I enjoy most.

FYI Divine Ire is amazing. Haven't played endgame content with it, but for now I one-shot act bosses into phase transitions. It's a really fun skill.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I am really sad about the modifier cap. You cant get crazy with 12 mods over 20 tiles or something ridicolous. I rather spend the time doing Delve stuff or mapping.But since I want to do 36 challenges before sekiro comes out (wish me luck), I will have to do the Memory Nexus stuff.

Next league I will not play on launch but after 4 to 6 weeks after the bullshit and the non-sense design decisions GGG makes are patched.
That's what everyone says (hell I JUST did and I am playing the game right now!) but they end up playing with everyone anyway LOL!

In any case I have been playing Shock Nova Traps and it's being doing quite nice for me in terms of damage. I am using Tinkerskin Eldritch Battery for life and mana sustain. My main issue has been defenses though once I got the Blind ascendancy node I have been doing much better. Easily killed Merc Izaro and Kitava without breaking a sweat, I feel more threatened from fast mobs in maps than bosses. This is my first time playing a trapper as I generally dislike the playstyle but I felt that Shock Nova traps had potential and it does. But there are still places where I would have preferred just hand casting Shock Nova instead lol!

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
That's what everyone says (hell I JUST did and I am playing the game right now!) but they end up playing with everyone anyway LOL!

In any case I have been playing Shock Nova Traps and it's being doing quite nice for me in terms of damage. I am using Tinkerskin Eldritch Battery for life and mana sustain. My main issue has been defenses though once I got the Blind ascendancy node I have been doing much better. Easily killed Merc Izaro and Kitava without breaking a sweat, I feel more threatened from fast mobs in maps than bosses. This is my first time playing a trapper as I generally dislike the playstyle but I felt that Shock Nova traps had potential and it does. But there are still places where I would have preferred just hand casting Shock Nova instead lol!
This is me, but with lightning trap. The ascendancy really does help defensively. Lit trap is nice for offscreening but can be clunky when it misses one or two enemies. The extra trap gloves that I'll buy today should help a bit with that.

Single target DPS is, as expected, completely busted on a 40c (5L TS, 1-2c per everything else) budget. Sitting at 4700 life, should have 5k after getting all jewels.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Having those stragglers is probably the number reason why Arc Traps was so good. That happens with Shock Nova as well when a mob is just outside the AOE range and you don't feel like throwing another trap to kill off the stragglers. But I guess even Arc traps is worse at that now.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
Soul Rend with a 2-curse 4-linked Bane as a support is pretty OP. I'm level 87 doing T6-10 maps (haven't had access to T11s and higher yet) with Uber Lab done and the only thing I bought to improve my gear was an Eye Jewel to put in a decent Stygian Vise I found. I did craft a 5 link Vaal Regalia I found to have 333 ES with a Regal.

kafiend

Oct 25, 2017
GGG just posted this

I understand why GGG makes a lot of the design decisions that they do, but sometimes they do some shit that REALLY baffles me. Like, I totally understand why you would want to put a cap on the number of modifiers, but:

1) Why make it global as opposed to per module? And most importantly
2) WHY NOT DISPLAY THIS INFORMATION TO THE PLAYER?!?!?!

Just have a little counter a the top or bottom of your nexus map that reads along the lines of " #/# Modifiers Currently In Use"! Why do they continue to obfuscate the rules of their game so much?!?

I have a relatively empty memory map with very few modifiers and it happened to me so can't see it being completely accurate from GGG.

Merkunt

Oct 25, 2017
I wager most here are playing in Standard, no? I dropped HC until the performance's a tad better and I wouldn't mind an in-game invite;

Id: SVargistkrieg

DaTruth29

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Soul Rend with a 2-curse 4-linked Bane as a support is pretty OP. I'm level 87 doing T6-10 maps (haven't had access to T11s and higher yet) with Uber Lab done and the only thing I bought to improve my gear was an Eye Jewel to put in a decent Stygian Vise I found. I did craft a 5 link Vaal Regalia I found to have 333 ES with a Regal.
I'm using Soul Rend on a 5-link with GMP, Controlled Destruction, Efficacy, and Swift Afflication (might try it with Void Manipulation later). Have duel wands with the non-ailment chaos modifier. I'm literally mowing down through shit. On open maps or maps with straight cooridors, I can just aim and shoot in one direction and feel confident that I just off screen a few packs of mobs. With trickster cast speed and movement speed modifiers, it feels so smooth. The last time I was clearing content this fast was when I was playing my first Deadeye Tornado Shot build. It's been so much fun.

As for my mini-rant earlier, overall I REALLY like Synthesis. I think the memory nexus is great, and I'm not bothered by any of the design decisions regarding decisions (the tile sets need to be limited in number and should not allowed to be automatically placed or rotated, it would trivialize the entire mechanic). I'm just annoyed by the lack of information regarding the mod propagation and potential mod limit. If it's a bug, okay, but if it's a genuine hard limit, they need to convey that information in the game. Are we suppose to manually count the number of mods in each tile????

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
I'm using Soul Rend on a 5-link with GMP, Controlled Destruction, Efficacy, and Swift Afflication (might try it with Void Manipulation later). Have duel wands with the non-ailment chaos modifier. I'm literally mowing down through shit. On open maps or maps with straight cooridors, I can just aim and shoot in one direction and feel confident that I just off screen a few packs of mobs.
That's the same link setup I have, with Void Manipulation being the most likely 6th link (it will depend on socket colors).

I need to figure out if the DoTs are separate stacks and not just resetting the DoT duration. I could probably try Unleashed again if the DoTs stack.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Yay finally got a(nother) ps4 release date for the 26th

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Celestial Cat Soulrend is going to be amazing:

D1fZW6XUYAAQFIs.jpg:large

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
My goal is to kill Uber elder (again ) before Seikiro. I use the Synthesis just for the chaos recipe lol, it's a good mechanic but like others have said it will be more enjoyable after some patches.

I'm playing an Ice Nova/Frosbolt combo, a CI Trickster level 84 the damage is good but I need to work on defence is just not enough 4K ES is not enough even if I have lots of evasion/dodge

Zana needs to sell more map, she surely has spent too much money on new clothes and surgery

Telaso

Oct 25, 2017
That's what I meant; Standard Syndicate League.

The majority of people are probably playing Softcore Synthesis League. Some play standard i'm sure, but I see the majority of talk in this thread about the league, so its safe to say I'm right.

Saying standard is the non league version where your characters go after a league is over. This has a completely different market than the league does.

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Zana selling more maps would be a help. Map starve has been dreadful for me. 8 maps in a row yesterday without a single map dropping. Lvl 82 running tier 3 maps. Its fucking annoying.

Merkunt

Oct 25, 2017
The majority of people are probably playing Softcore Synthesis League. Some play standard i'm sure, but I see the majority of talk in this thread about the league, so its safe to say I'm right.

Saying standard is the non league version where your characters go after a league is over. This has a completely different market than the league does.

Jesus; Softcore Synthesis League

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
So, having not played this in forever, and getting ready for the PS4 release, can someone point me to a build I can use from level 1 if I want to have a ton of minions on the field with me at all times wrecking shit? I'm guessing I should be a witch to start with and work towards Necromancy?

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
On my third HC character this league, first time playing since beta. I'm having a blast with my molten strike build. What level would it be safe for me to enter the first lab for ascendancy? That's a complete new thing for me.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
On my third HC character this league, first time playing since beta. I'm having a blast with my molten strike build. What level would it be safe for me to enter the first lab for ascendancy? That's a complete new thing for me.
Hardcore league? Getting into lab is more about gear and your characters strength rather than level. Somewhere between 85-90 if your character is geared. Though for a Molten Strike Juggernaut it shouldn't be too much of an issue, just learn those traps those are the real killers (and avoid Izaro's big slam attacks too, they can one shot).

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
Hardcore league? Getting into lab is more about gear and your characters strength rather than level. Somewhere between 85-90 if your character is geared. Though for a Molten Strike Juggernaut it shouldn't be too much of an issue, just learn those traps those are the real killers (and avoid Izaro's big slam attacks too, they can one shot).

Regular lab at lvl85-90? My gut says by start of A5 if your character is decently geared. My characters can enter almost straight away after getting all trials, but I've run the lab a thousand times so there's that.

Or is it a HC thing that you enter so late?

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh dope, I thought he meant the Ascendancy lab. Your first normal lab you can do after beating act 3. Usually what I do if I am being safe:

Normal Lab: After finishing Act 3
Cruel Lab: After finishing Act 7
Merciless Lab: Right before killing Kitava, somewhere around Act 10
Final Lab: Somewhere around level 85-100 depending on character strength and how many trials I have found.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
"x% chance to drop divination cards" memory mod has been my favourite so far. So, so many div cards worth several/tens of chaos dropped. Like "The King's Heart". And I was lucky enough to tag that on close to 15 memory areas at once.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
So far the rewards for this league seem underhwelming as fuck.
Yeah. I had a node with chance for fossils, elder items, duplicate rare synth monsters, 100% quant, and 5 or so other mods. Ran it 3 times. Got less than 3c. No fossils. No elder items.

I'm not sure if I'm going to bother with the league content at the moment. Takes too long, is less rewarding than farming blood aqueducts at level 85.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
i stopped doing memory stuff like halfway through the campaign because I had two runs in a row where I got locked out of the memories due to the "this zone has decayed" bug

basically where you go back to the nexus to clear your inventory before you get to the last memory in the line, and it won't let you go back or change areas at all or even leave via waypoint until you restart the game

DaTruth29

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Yeah, the rewards for this league are kinda wonky.

I'm changing up my strategy for this league. Originally I wanted to make long chains of nodes with tons of mods on it, but it seems like that doesn't actually work out well. Instead, I'm going to focus on using my really good nodes on high quality nexus tiles and have just those have an insane amount of mods, and usually my shitty tiles to link me to the actual reward tiles.

Doing long sessions in the nexus is a no go for me now, the past 2 times I've tried using the nexus teleport I got transported to a completely different side of the map, lmao.

rickyson33

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
So far the rewards for this league seem underhwelming as fuck.

yeah i'm just super underwhelmed with it in general

even the bosses i've found so far have felt bad,killed two variants of the first boss type I guess you could call it and got nothing but some fractured items all of which were utterly useless,could at least guarantee double+ fractured mods on boss drops or something

at least the whole implicit crafting thing seems cool and the new skills are fun,the memories inside maps typically feel worthwhile too usually a decent amount of mobs and it inherits the map mods

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Have to stockpile rares to synthesize is some really clunky design and punishes people who don't have enough stash tab. IMO you shoulf be able to synthesize the same base item type (so I can synthesize any 3 chest pieces regardless of their base) and the result would give me a random base of the 3. If I use all 3 same exact base then I get the same base back. As it is, its not really worth collecting rares.

The way I use it is that I pick up an ID the rare I like. If I like the base and the fractured mod on it, I will keep it as it will likely yield a similar implicit on synthesizing. If its something like Accuracy on a weapon I just drop it. Definitely looking out for +1 socket gem fractured mods though.

Also for the memories I don't even activate memory fragments that are 2/2. 3/3 or 4/4 is the way to go since you can only hold 10 at a time anyway. Preferably 3 durability ones too.

Baliis

Oct 25, 2017
Have to stockpile rares to synthesize is some really clunky design and punishes people who don't have enough stash tab. IMO you shoulf be able to synthesize the same base item type (so I can synthesize any 3 chest pieces regardless of their base) and the result would give me a random base of the 3. If I use all 3 same exact base then I get the same base back. As it is, its not really worth collecting rares.

The way I use it is that I pick up an ID the rare I like. If I like the base and the fractured mod on it, I will keep it as it will likely yield a similar implicit on synthesizing. If its something like Accuracy on a weapon I just drop it. Definitely looking out for +1 socket gem fractured mods though.

Also for the memories I don't even activate memory fragments that are 2/2. 3/3 or 4/4 is the way to go since you can only hold 10 at a time anyway. Preferably 3 durability ones too.

It's not really worth stockpiling imo since if you want to target a certain implicit you really want to target the corresponding explicit as a fractured mod anyways. Just using random items together makes it a total crapshoot what you get. I'm just keeping particular ones that I might use in the future like move speed on boots, but everything else is vendor. If I want to try to hit an implicit, I'll just buy an item with the appropriate fractured mod.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Spent some time digging into the new skills. I'm a huge fan of Divine Ire. I hope it scales well into the endgame. Currently stuck in mapping hell trying to progress the Atlas. I've spawned a low level Elder I'm going to attempt and see if my build actually holds up. This is the first time I've completely made my own build instead of constantly referring to a guide so I'm pretty happy with how it's gone so far. I went Inquisitor, Ele Overload. The damage has been stellar. Still looking for the Trial of Burning Rage so I can run uber lab though.
6-Link: Divine Ire, Infusion, Controlled Destruction, Physical to Lightning, Arcane Surge, Conc Effect
4-Link: Orb of Storms, Curse on Hit, Conductivity (swap with Enfeeble for safety), Culling Strike
4-Link: CWDT, Immortal Call, Increased Duration, Wave of Conviction <-- might swap in something else but it shores up damage when I don't crit.
4-Link: Holy Flame Totem, Mult Totems, Minion & Totem Resist, Increased AOE <--mostly for curse immunity but they make good distractions too.
3-Link: Herald of Ash + Purity, Arctic Armour
3-Link: Flame Dash, Fast Cast, Vigilant Strike

Against bosses, I charge up Surge and Infusion, drop totems and orb of storms, pop vigilant strike, then stand and burn. Between my armor, pantheon, Fortify, and infusion I can tank a lot. I dash out of telegraphed attacks and keep Orb and totems up as needed staying just close enough to charge Ire quickly. Most things die in one or two charge shots.

As others have noted the league mechanic is kinda unrewarding. I'm still running memories hoping to tick off all the different scenarios for the challenge so I'm doing all of them, even the 2/2 ones.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
I think Synthesizing is best off as something to do if you already know what you want so that your inventory won't be as cluttered. So far I've just been hoping for good fractured rares or using Cavas memories as a way to get more gear for regal recipe.

EDIT: New patch notes are up. Being able to delete memories from your memory inventory is a huge improvement.

Last edited:

Rufus

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Memory Nexus woes: I made a path to the first boss fight, but two tiles from the boss, a reward tile spawned and broke the path. Once I used it up, I found that I didn't have the right tiles to complete the path again.

That alone makes me want to avoid the nexus entirely. Wasting sulphite in delve is annoying enough, but this is too much.

DaTruth29

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Okayyyyyyyyy. So, they made it so that you no longer can continue you route one you collapse the memory stabiliser. You would have to port back to the beginning of the nexus and start the route all over again. I guess you can get around this by opening the chest, taking the rewards, and then running into the blue and not collapsing the memory, but if that's the case just remove the memory stabiliser as it no longer serves a purpose! I really don't understand this change, is it done for technical reasons???

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Okayyyyyyyyy. So, they made it so that you no longer can continue you route one you collapse the memory stabiliser. You would have to port back to the beginning of the nexus and start the route all over again. I guess you can get around this by opening the chest, taking the rewards, and then running into the blue and not collapsing the memory, but if that's the case just remove the memory stabiliser as it no longer serves a purpose! I really don't understand this change, is it done for technical reasons???
This was always the behaviour for me since day 1 to be honest.
That stabiliser is a big trap and should be removed.

Last edited:

zektbach

Oct 28, 2017
Don't suppose someone could chuck me a guild invite? Currently playing under the name BarkleySpearmints. Was in the guild previously but had to quit the game due to it sucking up way too much of my time :|

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
Am working on the challenges, and I was wondering if anyone knows:

1) How do you get a unique fractured item in the synthesiser?

2) At what point do items with three fractured mods start appearing? Up to tier 10 maps and havent seen one, are they high end red maps only?

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Am working on the challenges, and I was wondering if anyone knows:

1) How do you get a unique fractured item in the synthesiser?

2) At what point do items with three fractured mods start appearing? Up to tier 10 maps and havent seen one, are they high end red maps only?
1) synth bosses drop unique fractured rings named Circle of Something. You can synth rare rings and the Unique for the Synth unique.
2)reaaaaallly rare. I haven't got one yet myself

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
Man if it wasn't for Bane and Delve I would have stopped playing this league. So damn buggy, and they tried something far too complicated this time around before fixing up some of the bullshit from the last league. Not sure which league I dislike more this or Bestiary. At least with Bestiary I could get some useful things. In this league it's pretty much all vendor trash with buggy mechanics.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Yellow tier (t9 map) Elder down deathless with Divine Ire. Very happy with the build. The add phase was a little hectic but only because I hadn't run normal elder in a while so it was more bout remembering where to position myself. Gonna keep pushing this since I'm having a good time with it.