• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OY0tbTo.jpg

I LoL'd. From Reddit.
They got garbage returns from that lol. Granted it was lvl63 zones, still.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
Just ran into the mod cap. Hadn't been going particularly mad, and nothing like the above. Its a shitty white text message that's incredibly easy to miss.

Have to say this feels like the most half-baked league they have done in some time. There are so many quality of life issues with it, for a pay off that seems to require utterly insane grinding.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
My map sustain is completely fucked this league. Level 87 in white maps, probably run 5 total yellows at this point. Glad other people are reporting this issue, hopefully GGG does something about it. Rapid player dropoff might be a good wake up call.

Give me breach 2 while you fix the issues with the last few major expansions. Something simple and rewarding that doesn't require agonizing over a silly map/screen, please. There's already so much to do. Melee rework, Legacy updates. Don't make me do a tower defense metagame or play Risk or whatever next league, please.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely have had bad map returns and I am doing EVERY league in my way trying to make up for it. Lvl85 here, in mid to high yellow maps.

Kentsui

Oct 26, 2017
Yup map returns seem sketchy this league, haven't struggled so much to get out of white maps in a long while.

Baliis

Oct 25, 2017
If maps are rarer this league, it certainly isn't reflected in prices. Betrayal had pretty cheap maps, but the current prices aren't really any different than Bestiary or Delve. People complain every league for a week or so about map drops,

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
I think map dropping is a constant problem - but it does seem to be an issue this league compared to past leagues in my little group. There's a couple of absolute maniacs there who play each league obsessively, and they are struggling for maps in a way they never have before. We're talking people who farm Headhunters here, so they play a *lot*.

It does seem a flaw in their current game design. It feels like the aim is to have maps be the "default" option, and then you get rarer options on top of that when they appear (Delve, Memories, Incursion, Beasts, Jin etc). But grinding up to where maps are self sustaining and appropriate level content is really hard, and incredibly hard at the mid to top tier of red maps. It's one reason why people liked delve so much - it was always the right level content, you never had to go back and farm shit when actually in the delve.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
Breach is just fun. Simple, entertaining mass slaughter where you don't need to think much. It's the best variant of that type of content they've done I think, and you almost always earn credit towards an end goal with every breach.

Plus the improved server tech means a big breach won't kill your computer like it used too... ;-)

Deleted member 8583

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I really want them to keep it simple next league and revisit some of the old content. Something like Beyond or War Bands. Keep the core mechanic but give use something like Breachstones or Abyss Depths to visit Beyond realms or a War Band base.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah... I feel like there would be so much to do already. But I can only scrape the surface of it because everything is locked behind map RNG, so something that could help us "target farm" certain league content would be appreciated.

Baliis

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah... I feel like there would be so much to do already. But I can only scrape the surface of it because everything is locked behind map RNG, so something that could help us "target farm" certain league content would be appreciated.

In theory, this is what scarabs are supposed to be, but of course they're all locked behind RNG and League content so it kinda misses the point.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Why everyone is asking for a season 2 of Breach? I wasn't there during that league

This is bad design
Breach was the best "tier 2" league mechanic (Beyond/Warband tier 1, Breach/Abyss tier 2, Syndicate/Delve tier 3).

When you activate a Breach, its go time. Its non stop monsters assaulting you and its harder than normal map mobs. It has a feel of risk amd reward, you got considerable loot from it. Then it has the added variance to it that there are 4 types of Breaches with different variants. When you get a Chayula breach it is hype. Then there is added variance of Breachlord appearing which is more risk/reward.

Then the Breach Domains have a great build up. You are slowly building up splinters to the encounter. The timer on the domains makes it intense especially on Chayula. Then there are 4 bosses with different themes and mechanics with increasing difficulty.

But that's not all.. Breach has the BEST set of uniques in a league ever with proper themes. Some of those Breach uniques are still best in slot. Pandemonious, Xophs Blood, Hand of Wisdom and Action, Choir of the Storm (this was nerfed now buffed again), Chayula amulet, Tuls Wand, Perfect Form, Skin of the Loyal, Xophs Nurture (used to be great during double dipping Burning Arrow build days), Red/Blue/Green Dream jewels etc.

Just about every league after it started to copy mechanics from Breach in some way.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Framerate dropping to single digits every time a Betrayal encounter happens is ridiculous

rickyson33

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
I really wish this league had even a basic level of ui stuff

there's so many limits to the synthesis stuff(40 tiles cap,125 total mod cap etc) and no indication of how close you are to any of those things

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Breach was so good as Sextant mods and Zana mods that they heavily nerfed Breach rewards TWICE. They even had to nerf Pure Breachstones from previous leagues. And the individual Breach uniques have been nerfed too (like HOWA, Choir of the Storm).

Breach was buggy and laggy on first week too but it was among the most exciting league when you were playing it. Mostly because it was a big step up from previous leagues. Though every league is buggy/laggy at start.

GGG has been making ambitious league after league since then. Synthesis has a lot of stuff in it but its not fine tuned well, needed more time in oven. But its certainly ambitious just like Betrayal and Bestiary.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
Abyss felt such a let down in comparison to Breach - and let's not even mention Harbringer.

This league does seem worse than previous leagues in terms of useability etc.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Abyss felt such a let down in comparison to Breach - and let's not even mention Harbringer.

This league does seem worse than previous leagues in terms of useability etc.
Harbinger and Abyss are fine leagues now but on release they were awful (Harbinger was called Garbinger).

Harbinger : Mobs took forever to spawn, AI would bug out, rewards were crap. But Harbinger came out with 3.0 which was a huge rework of the campaign so it was fine.

Abyss: Terrible Abyss lord spawns, bad Abyss crack spawns, mobs would one shot you and be unkillable, hard to keep track of cracks. Also not that bad since we had a huge end game rework with Shaper/Elder.

Also not surprising but Occultist, Elementalist and Trickster alone make up 60% of all characters on POE Ninja. If you include Inquisitor then its 70%. Self casting spell ascendance are DOMINATING.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
Also not surprising but Occultist, Elementalist and Trickster alone make up 60% of all characters on POE Ninja. If you include Inquisitor then its 70%. Self casting spell ascendance are DOMINATING.
Those were already some of the strongest ascendancies and they all got new toys that make more people want to try them out, so that isn't surprising in the slightest.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
I expect the next small league will be with 4.0 at the end of the year. In terms of what changes people are expecting, what does everyone think? Personally I'm expecting:

1) pantheon revamp. The basic mechanics are fine, but the rewards are new lows of tedium and boring. Feels like this completely missed the boat, especially compared to say Grim Dawn's constellation system

2) Uber lab - the random nature of getting attuned is silly and laborious for no purpose.

3) map acquisition - see my above post, but basically the system doesn't work right now. Maps are supposed to be the 'base level' content you do inbetween the rarer stuff, but right now it's too hard to climb the ranks. Particulary now Zana doesn't reset everyday, and without an easy in game map trading system. (Trading for maps is so depressingly laborious).

I doubt we'll ever have some changes to how movement skills work, but if i was starting from scratch the way they are basically built in for every build (plus immortal call + cast when damage taken) seems an issue given how starved you are for ability slots in the game in general.

Deleted member 3968

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maps are horrid this league. and they fucked up all the 3 to 1 trade ins. why are there 3 t3 maps that all give the same t4? or 2 that do etc? why does zana not sell higher tier maps?

I've done the entire set of t3 maps 4 times now and still don't have all the t4 maps. It's god damn bs.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
The upgrades no longer function on a guaranteed system btw. If a tier 3 connects to two tier 4s, you cAn get either T4 from the upgrade - just depends on the maps you use to make it hidden ID number that's stored server side.

Don't disagree with the drop rate being poo mind you!

Merkunt

Oct 25, 2017
Good to know I'm not the only one having issues with map sustainability, it definitely feels like something is off.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
If maps are rarer this league, it certainly isn't reflected in prices. Betrayal had pretty cheap maps, but the current prices aren't really any different than Bestiary or Delve. People complain every league for a week or so about map drops,
That's nice, but this is the first league I've been unable to break into yellow maps before level 85. I've just gotten my first t8 at level 88.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
How aren't they smart enough to know what maps you have and have Zana offer you at least a few missing from your atlas per day...dumb fucks.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
I wrote off my map problems as 1) getting into yellow maps anyway and 2) having bought into map completion a lot of times last league which I'm not doing as much this time (EDIT: Oh, and Zana not giving me what I need and her selling fewer maps overall which was a much more noticeable nerf) but Havoc's team having problems along with so many others having problems pretty much made it clear something was wrong.

Last edited:

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yeah Im done with this league until they fix maps. Im level 86 and I have done 2 yellow maps. Its fucking ridiculous.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I tried Inquisitor Storm Brand/Lightning Spire trap.. gotta say I'm thoroughly unimpressed. Damage just doesn't seem there, sluggish clearing in comparison to league starters I've done in the past.. just incredibly clunky mechanics. Maybe traps just aren't for me as I ran into the same problem with mines. Will reroll Bane/Soulrend probably and try that out

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I tried Inquisitor Storm Brand/Lightning Spire trap.. gotta say I'm thoroughly unimpressed. Damage just doesn't seem there, sluggish clearing in comparison to league starters I've done in the past.. just incredibly clunky mechanics. Maybe traps just aren't for me as I ran into the same problem with mines. Will reroll Bane/Soulrend probably and try that out
Storm Brand is one of the fastest clearing skills in the game. Gotta have gem levels om Brand Recall for the faster cooldowns though.

Deleted member 40797

Banned
Mar 8, 2018
I have been playing POE a bunch this league (I have a few hundred pre-Prophecy hours logged, but things like Delve and Syndicate are new to me). It would be cool to get a guild invite and map/whatever with some ResetEra members.

Rufus

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
My guess is they lowered map drops to compensate for other sources of maps. But they forgot to account that every other source is also fed by maps...

Deleted member 40797

Banned
Mar 8, 2018
Damn man Prophecy was FOREVER ago. It's going to feel like playing a new game for you...

And yeah leveling is faster now in general.

Yeah, it seems pretty easy to hit 80 just playing story content now instead of grinding maps. I kind of like it, but there's SO MUCH content I have to research while playing. I almost feel sorry for people coming completely fresh. I put a few hundred hours into the game before Prophecy, buy this almost feels like a new game.

I leveled an ED/Contagion Trickster and now I'm hitting myself for not going Bane/Sourend.

EDIT: Anyways, invite me to the guild. I will throw good lvling uniques (Goldrin, Lifespring) etc into the guild stash. Also, I am cool.

Last edited:

Baliis

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it seems pretty easy to hit 80 just playing story content now instead of grinding maps. I kind of like it, but there's SO MUCH content I have to research while playing. I almost feel sorry for people coming completely fresh. I put a few hundred hours into the game before Prophecy, buy this almost feels like a new game.

I leveled an ED/Contagion Trickster and now I'm hitting myself for not going Bane/Sourend.

EDIT: Anyways, invite me to the guild. I will throw good lvling uniques (Goldrin, Lifespring) etc into the guild stash. Also, I am cool.

Getting to 80 before maps sounds... pretty painful, but I've done into the low 70s when playing HC before.

Did my first guardian for this league tonight (Mino) and aside from a death because I couldn't see where he was going to pop up after tunneling, it was super smooth. Spectres are pretty damn nuts, first time I've played them into end game.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017

To send an invite, we need to know your in-game character name. Write it here in thread or send it to me via PM.

Deleted member 28474

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I usually hit maps around 68. Sometimes Ill grind blood aqueducts to collect Humility cards and hit 66 before stomping the rest of the game. Sometimes I cant be bothered though

Lupic

Dec 31, 2017
United Kingdom
Made my first 'real' character during the last league and have continued playing it now moved over to the standard league. Finally started mapping and it's a good time for the most part.
Is there an ERA guild in the standard league?

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
Made my first 'real' character during the last league and have continued playing it now moved over to the standard league. Finally started mapping and it's a good time for the most part.
Is there an ERA guild in the standard league?

Guilds are not league-locked. You are in the same guild across all leagues. So yes there is!

Write in-game char name here or PM me and you'll get an invite.

Deleted member 30681

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
So I plan on playing the PS4 version when it releases, but I just wanted to ask how good is this game at explaining it's various systems and activities? Should I start looking at guides and such now or should I just play the game when it releases and learn everything for myself?

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
So I plan on playing the PS4 version when it releases, but I just wanted to ask how good is this game at explaining it's various systems and activities? Should I start looking at guides and such now or should I just play the game when it releases and learn everything for myself?
It's not super good at it. Guides will help a lot.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017

You need to read guides. Lots of guides. The game is brilliant and full of depth, but it is very poor at explaining anything beyond the most surface level of stats.