• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lupic

Dec 31, 2017
United Kingdom
Guilds are not league-locked. You are in the same guild across all leagues. So yes there is!

Write in-game char name here or PM me and you'll get an invite.
Thanks for the info! I'll PM you in a sec but I have another question that someone else might not know the answer to, so I'll ask it here too. Are guilds character or account bound? So I could be in multiple guilds across multiple toons

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
They really need to fix the game. My map completion at level 86 is 46. I currently have no maps over tier 4 and I am completely depleted of all materials to qual/quant my maps. I have nothing of value to trade.

I have officially been in more abyss depths than I have seen Zana, Lab trials, or Niko. I basically have Einhar/Syndicate/Alva and shrines/Essences/Abyss on repeat. About 200 maps and here I'm sitting on a 5% chance of seeing niko, zana or a lab trial when I should be at end game.

Shrines and Essences should not be considered a map feature. Makes me angry every damn time I see one. They need to be separated into another tier..

Master->Portal->Static.

Also I just found out they broke syndicate. If you ignore a syndicate choice (which you have to in order to set your board) the other encounters don't trigger.

This game is starting to feel like launch diablo except with content. Content means shit if your drop rates are so fucking bad and you barely see any useful content.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
Word of warning - I think the syndicate spawn bug from the last League is still present. If you go into a memory nexus in a map before an intervention has spawned, it won't spawn and you'll only get 2 syndicate encounters.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1552760213-sans-titre.jpg

Weird shit

And yeah betrayal is bugged alright, on top of not dropping enough veiled items

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
PoE is definitely starting to bow under its own weight. Its an issue that we are still experiencing bugs from previous leagues.

Deleted member 40797

Banned
Mar 8, 2018

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
Thanks for the info! I'll PM you in a sec but I have another question that someone else might not know the answer to, so I'll ask it here too. Are guilds character or account bound? So I could be in multiple guilds across multiple toons

Guilds are account-bound. All of your chars will be in the guild.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
just got a game breaking bug and can't continue

got Malachi down to 10% of his life and he became invincible and doesn't activate his last heart

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
I just rage quit the game: something like the 10th death in a row to Intervention, 1313123th lost of a 4 link (bridges?) memory fragment, only 2 syndicate encounter and no map return.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
Shrines and Essences should not be considered a map feature. Makes me angry every damn time I see one. They need to be separated into another tier..

Master->Portal->Static.

Not sure what you mean when you say "map feature". Shrines and Essences can spawn alongside other things as well in maps can't they? I've just had Niko randomly spawn in a non mission map alongside two shrines.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
I remember seeing a reddit post theorizing that memories in endgame maps are affecting map drops and they got more map drops after completing them right away before doing the rest of the map. I started trying this myself and my map gains started feeling better, but this could just be wishful thinking.

I also managed to craft my first decent ES chest. About 530 ES and I was even able to six link it (I forget how many fusings I used.)

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Syndicate Crafting in a nutshell:

You need to use a 3rd party site to dump in your items to see the possible implicit mods you can get. Since hardly anyone is going to memorize the thousand of fractured to implicit mod combinations and their specific tiers.

Though to be honest the idea behind the system isn't bad but there is too much bloat to it. Way too many potential affixes and combinations, needs to be shrunk down considerably.

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Next league they should just do something simple im the vein of essences, harbinger or whatever. Just a little addition to maps. Spend the rest of their time fixing everything.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe we have gotten to a point in POE that people want LESS in future leagues lol!

There was a time when everyone was worried about "player retention" because the leagues weren't in-depth enough and people would drop after a week because they would see all the content in the league. My how times have changed... and this wasn't even that long ago!

In any case I do want them to scale it back for at least a single league to figure out the issues and bugs. I thought Synthesis would basically be just another Incursion but it's like... Incursion cranked to 9999. Way more complex building mechanic, way more complex crafting system (yes Incursion had new crafting stuff in it as well) and more effort put into lore/back story/cutscenes etc.

kafiend

Oct 25, 2017
Syndicate league is a bit of a fail really. Idea is OK but implementation and design is shit. I don't pick up 2 node memories at all, I just run through the zone killing the mobs. Four way nodes are terrible to collect because its far too easy to fuck it up by going the wrong way. The limitation to 10 is far to low because in theory if you pick them all up up back in the nexus every 10 maps to get infuriated by not having the correct sided memory to make your life simple. Crafting is just awful. Third party sites just to see what "might" be possible?

I want simple "quick buzz" stuff in my fast paced game not this.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
They really need to fix the game. My map completion at level 86 is 46. I currently have no maps over tier 4 and I am completely depleted of all materials to qual/quant my maps. I have nothing of value to trade.

I have officially been in more abyss depths than I have seen Zana, Lab trials, or Niko. I basically have Einhar/Syndicate/Alva and shrines/Essences/Abyss on repeat. About 200 maps and here I'm sitting on a 5% chance of seeing niko, zana or a lab trial when I should be at end game.

Master->Portal->Static.

Also I just found out they broke syndicate. If you ignore a syndicate choice (which you have to in order to set your board) the other encounters don't trigger.

This game is starting to feel like launch diablo except with content. Content means shit if your drop rates are so fucking bad and you barely see any useful content.
I don't get this whole map sustainability thing. Did you expect to have the Atlas cleared after a week? Are you playing solo? Friends and I were able to get it all done pretty quickly and have good map retention. Let your maps build up? I do that when I play solo: play white maps for a long time then go to yellow when I got enough and then to red. If you try so fast to reach the end of the Atlas then you'll run out ASAP cause you're not meant to get multiple higher tier maps per map.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get this whole map sustainability thing. Did you expect to have the Atlas cleared after a week? Are you playing solo? Friends and I were able to get it all done pretty quickly and have good map retention. Let your maps build up? I do that when I play solo: play white maps for a long time then go to yellow when I got enough and then to red. If you try so fast to reach the end of the Atlas then you'll run out ASAP cause you're not meant to get multiple higher tier maps per map.
I at expect Atlas map sustain to be the same as it was previously since they didn't announce any changes to map RNG. Atlas objectives have been particularly frustrating this league, especially since those actually do have an expectation of when you should clear them.

I can't believe we have gotten to a point in POE that people want LESS in future leagues lol!

There was a time when everyone was worried about "player retention" because the leagues weren't in-depth enough and people would drop after a week because they would see all the content in the league. My how times have changed... and this wasn't even that long ago!

In any case I do want them to scale it back for at least a single league to figure out the issues and bugs. I thought Synthesis would basically be just another Incursion but it's like... Incursion cranked to 9999. Way more complex building mechanic, way more complex crafting system (yes Incursion had new crafting stuff in it as well) and more effort put into lore/back story/cutscenes etc.
I think it's because Synthesis takes a lot of time away from playing other content, but very few players find it worth doing so it is very unpopular. That and Betrayal can't be shut off as a game mechanic which leads a lot of players forced to encounter its incredibly buggy state.

I personally like playing the new league mechanic. I hope to see all of the bosses in it eventually.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
I hit the epilogue at 74 after doing all the story and side quests, so 80 was definitely overshooting.

Ah, sorry. My in-game character name is quicklylol.

Invites sent to you both! Hopefully I didn't miss anyone.

Deleted member 28474

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I like the new league mechanic too, it just needs a little tweaking.

It is all the bugs, Syndicate intervention FPS drops and getting one shot, maps rarely spawning (it is FAR worse than it used to be, everyone is complaining for a reason) that really need working on. Having a simpler league and some breathing room to iron out all the issues would be for the best, I think.

I don't have as much of a problem with the "too much content" issue as some do. Just pick and choose what you want to focus on. However, there are a few things that could be improved in that regard too, because of how compelled everyone feels to run delves/memories/incursions etc when they hit their sulphite/node/temple caps.

I really don't think the issues are too extreme, but I'm not going to run white tier maps at level 86 and burn through alchs on t3 maps. Thats a fucking joke.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
That's a completely different experience than I and many other players have had for literally years. In the past, when I've started running yellow maps, I sustain yellow maps. Same for reds.

You can't "build up a base" of reds by running white maps.

I've played since Essence league. This is absolutely the only league I've gotten to 90 before getting a single red map. There's a problem and it makes me hate this league.

Many hardcore players often have their atlas completed well into reds after a week.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The Memory Nexus is to much work for little reward.

Should have cut all the Syndicate content as well if they aren't gonna fix it.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexil...ter_9999_certain_map_drops_have_been/eiqcg4t/

Official position.
I don't mean to speak for the team prematurely (as they aren't awake currently and they're the ones that will look into it), but if a change is occurring then it will almost certainly need to be today. I would expect them to post at least saying the hotfix occurred, but don't expect a specific number as we don't usually comment on exact drop probability changes. Don't worry, I'll keep a close eye on this.

Fwiw I'm level 93.6, got 131/159 completion. Bought a few maps to complete yellows/whites and some to get quest progress in reds. Completed 5 T14. I haven't got a single T15 yet.

Fucking crashes are getting out of hand though.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I just ran a research lab and the fortification that i could see from the beginning of the map despawned. Nice. Getting all veiled crafts sure is a fucking blast.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'm also in the same boat of running white maps and low on alcs. Level 85

Also ate a few deaths to frame rate loss during syndicate encounters. Sometimes my game just straight up pauses for like 10 seconds.

Hopefully they're able to fix some of this soon.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a decent guide for the synthesis content yet?

Started today, and I've got no idea what i am doing.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a decent guide for the synthesis content yet?

Started today, and I've got no idea what i am doing.
ZiggyD youtube videos are two best videos for Synthesis out there. The crafting one was very insightful in particular though its not going to matter for most people unless you get a really good fractured mod (which most people won't even know is worth a lot of money).

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ZiggyD youtube videos are two best videos for Synthesis out there. The crafting one was very insightful in particular though its not going to matter for most people unless you get a really good fractured mod (which most people won't even know is worth a lot of money).
Cheers, I'll give them a watch, feels like i starting the whole game from scratch again.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
Are there any freeshards of POE? Would be cool to play earlier version of the game.
and more stable versions

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexil...ter_9999_certain_map_drops_have_been/eiqcg4t/

Official position.

Fwiw I'm level 93.6, got 131/159 completion. Bought a few maps to complete yellows/whites and some to get quest progress in reds. Completed 5 T14. I haven't got a single T15 yet.

Fucking crashes are getting out of hand though.
If it's true that they adjusted map drops based on new league mechanics, that is a huge mistake since the new league has very little that improves map sustain (and the mechanics that it does just gives random maps of any tier you've already done meaning you can get maps you don't need). That and you need to run lots of maps to play the league mechanic at decent levels, so it's a very one sided relationship.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Baliis

Oct 25, 2017
Got my first Shaper done and dropped Dying Sun, feels good. Probably about done with the necro im playing, what a nutty build. Six linked my shavs so might start my LL caster up soon.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
They didn't even give explanation as to why it happened in the first place.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sure but normally something this major requires an official response.

Was it a bug? Intended or unintended change? Was it a side effect of the league? Is it map drops across all league contents or just maps? What about map drops in synthesis?

What this does now is that it gives players credence to complain about map drops in the future and then cite this situation. "Remember that time map drops were nerfed for no apparent reason? Totally happening again!" Reminds me of that one time people were convinced that new league mechanic was messing with Alch drops.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas

Was it a bug? Intended or unintended change? Was it a side effect of the league? Is it map drops across all league contents or just maps? What about map drops in synthesis?

What this does now is that it gives players credence to complain about map drops in the future and then cite this situation. "Remember that time map drops were nerfed for no apparent reason? Totally happening again!" Reminds me of that one time people were convinced that new league mechanic was messing with Alch drops.
I get it. Yeah, they should probably give more info to potentially kill off those kinds of comments in the future. I hope it was something as dumb as "memory inclusion broke map drop rates" and not "we thought people got too many maps in Syndicate."

At the same time, the smugness from some people about how everyone else was wrong and there were no issues should evaporate. This has proven that not every change, intentional or otherwise, is a good change. Having a vocal community is great when we're beta testing these new tweaks every league.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017

Chris said that it was because of the league mechanics being able to provide maps in addition to base rates always being changed. I think they greatly overestimated how useful the league was and how much it would affect the economy.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Chris said that it was because of the league mechanics being able to provide maps in addition to base rates always being changed. I think they greatly overestimated how useful the league was and how much it would affect the economy.
So they overestimated the impact Synthesis would have on the map economy.

Fair enough but this change wasn't reflected in the patch notes and thus people were rightfully angry. Stealth nerfs are always going to be received worse than documented nerfs.

Spent 2 hours mapping and yes map drops are definitely buffed.

Deleted member 28474

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yeah I gave it a go for an hour or so, definitely a massive improvement. Could get people to jump back in.

I'm gonna make a new character now.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
Map drop rates definitely feel immensely improved.

Last night I burned through all of my T9 and T10 maps and only got maybe a T5 and a T9 through playing several maps in a row. I was actually put in a situation where I might have had to buy maps to stay at the tiers I was on because at that point I knew that I would burn all of my T8 maps if I played those as well.

Today I was able to play T8 maps, get a T9 which dropped more T8s. More lucky T9s turned into lucky T10s, that T10 gave me a Dig, that Dig was chiseled, given sextants, fragments, and put on Bloodlines which resulted in an Acid Caverns. That Acid Caverns corrupted into a Crimson Temple, a T13 map. A Bog dropped in that map. I even got a Mao Kun drop.