• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Oticon

Oct 30, 2017
Hey guys, I am trying to learn more about crafting as I am getting into the end game and I saw this on the trade website:

Rune Cord
Crystal Belt
Item Level: 82
Requires Level 79

+78 to maximum Energy Shield

P125% increased Cold Damage
P3+350 to Armour
S4+30% to Cold Resistance
S130% increased Elemental Damage
S115% increased Energy Shield from Body Armour
R1+130 to Evasion Rating
R1+13 to maximum Energy Shield
(pseudo) +91 total maximum Energy Shield
(pseudo) 55% increased Cold Damage

If I want to craft something like this how would I do it? I know that the cold damage comes from frozen fossil and the energy shield modifiers come from dense fossils but how did they roll elemental damage? Was it just random? Thanks.

Baliis

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, I am trying to learn more about crafting as I am getting into the end game and I saw this on the trade website:

Rune Cord
Crystal Belt
Requires Level 79

P3+350 to Armour
R1+130 to Evasion Rating

If I want to craft something like this how would I do it? I know that the cold damage comes from frozen fossil and the energy shield modifiers come from dense fossils but how did they roll elemental damage? Was it just random? Thanks.

Prismatic fossil I would think

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Rune Cord
Crystal Belt
Requires Level 79

P3+350 to Armour
R1+130 to Evasion Rating

Prismatic Fossil.

kafiend

Oct 25, 2017
So I just spent my day running 5 t9s and 4 t8s and turned them into 0 t9s 2 t8s.

Mehhhh

I ran a plain no quality Desert Springs map today to capture a soul for Shakari. The boss, or more accurately the trip between the arenas, ALWAYS kills me, so I wanted to minimise my pain. The map dropped 6 maps, three of which were red. That just pisses me off, all that currency I spend on maps all the time for very little return and then that.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe a league every 3 months is too ambitious, And Chris Wilson said on Baeclast that the development cycle is not super smooth.
They have to fix the PC, the Xbox and soon the PS4
6 months would suit me, I probably won't even get that far into end game this league, I am way behind!

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
6 months would suit me, I probably won't even get that far into end game this league, I am way behind!

I think 3 months is fine, but GGG may have to tune down new league complexity a bit. Synthesis complexity is quite high for example, I wouldn't mind making crafting more understandable.

And instead of inventing new complex systems every league, they should refine and EXPAND existing systems more.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
4 months would be ok. 6 is dumb.
Yeah, 4 would be alright with me.

6 would effectively cut their revenue from supporter packs by half. It's not going to happen. It's probably why 4 months is not going to happen. They need to adjust their goals.

I bet they could sustain and more effectively test 3 month releases if they released larger, more complex leagues every 6 months and did major balancing passes and updates for older content in the off months. Many people play for league mechanics, many others play to test the new meta. Give everyone a reason to play each league.

I don't think they'd lose people by providing an updated breach league instead of something as fiddly and complex as synth, and a breach+ league couldn't possibly be harder to implement.

They are overextending and drowning their game in complex mechanics that will likely drive off new players in the future. I don't know who is asking for this kind of content.

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I am fine with 3. Just give us a legacy type of league every year. And like most agree, less complex leagues mechanics and rework some of the past mechanics like Beyond or Warbands.

inter

Oct 27, 2017
I think I've finally figured out that spells just aren't for me. Any particularly good starter melee builds this league outside of molten strike?

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
Dead@79. Elder-influenced maps are another difficulty spike I wasn't prepared for. But god DAMN that was a blast. I'm back at it again.

Eldon

Oct 27, 2017
I think I've finally figured out that spells just aren't for me. Any particularly good starter melee builds this league outside of molten strike?
Vaal double strike if you have it. Use vaal on bosses, guaranteed instant kil. Link it with melee splash and chance to bleed, the rest is up to you

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I beat Uber Elder with a Frost Blades Champion build last league. Nothing special on the build just the stuff you normally look for, high damage weapons, attack speed, crit chance and crit multi, then stack life and defense as high as you can.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Storm Brand Inquisitor is one of the strongest and best builds I've played. Granted I'm coming off the squishiest build I've ever played (ele hit totems). I've only got about 5.7k EHP, but the combination of fortify and Loreweave makes me feel extremely tanky for the low HP I've got. Gunna work on getting it to around 6.5K EHP since I'm only into T13 maps but.. damn. I'm impressed. Lighting fast clear speed and single target feels plenty strong (though not insane like ele hit, but I'm satisfied).

I don't think I'll reroll unless I run into survivability issues down the line.

Baliis

Oct 25, 2017
Storm Brand Inquisitor is one of the strongest and best builds I've played. Granted I'm coming off the squishiest build I've ever played (ele hit totems). I've only got about 5.7k EHP, but the combination of fortify and Loreweave makes me feel extremely tanky for the low HP I've got. Gunna work on getting it to around 6.5K EHP since I'm only into T13 maps but.. damn. I'm impressed. Lighting fast clear speed and single target feels plenty strong (though not insane like ele hit, but I'm satisfied).

I played an arma brand Inquisitor a bit last league and had a lot of fun with it

inter

Oct 27, 2017

I've been playing Storm Brand elementalist... it's definitely very strong, but man does it feel boring to me.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I've been playing Storm Brand elementalist... it's definitely very strong, but man does it feel boring to me.
Flying through packs while they shatter off screen is incredibly satisfying, and you have to be awake for bossing since it's not a super tanky build.

I wanna see how high I can get this character since it generates XP like crazy

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Probably just wait for the next league honestly.

Some of my favorite Melee skills (that are also effective) are Frost Blades, Tektonic Slam, Reave/Blade Flurry, Double Strike (Vaal) and Cyclone.

Merkunt

Oct 25, 2017

Frost Blades Champion and CoC Cyclone are both viable and fun to use.

Edit: I missed the mark on getting added to the guild; hope it's not too late, my current ID is Juggistkrieg (playing Molten Strike Jugg).

Merkunt

Oct 25, 2017
Something funny's happening since the game got patched, getting loot explosions with dozens of replicas of the same item; It has happened 3 times in an hour now.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
It's a particular mod you can get on monsters very rarely. Means they produce multiple duplicates of the same item. Can't remember what the mod is called!

inter

Oct 27, 2017
Frost Blades Champion and CoC Cyclone are both viable and fun to use.

Edit: I missed the mark on getting added to the guild; hope it's not too late, my current ID is Juggistkrieg (playing Molten Strike Jugg).
Decided to try something new and started a HoAG occultist last night. Having fun with so far, so we'll see how it holds up.

Thanks to everyone else who replied as well.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
Saw the upcoming changes to the league and all I can say is yikes. Essentially a rework of the league two weeks in and betrayal is still a mess. Somehow they have to fix this terrible league while still fixing the last league. They also have to do this while prepping for the next league,exilecon, and the 4.0 expansion.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The lag on memories on XBO is insane, get to the gem, rewind, get to the, rewind, get to the gem, rewind.

Utterly ridiculous.

Rufus

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Saw the upcoming changes to the league and all I can say is yikes. Essentially a rework of the league two weeks in and betrayal is still a mess. Somehow they have to fix this terrible league while still fixing the last league. They also have to do this while prepping for the next league,exilecon, and the 4.0 expansion.
I feel like they've said something about last minute changes again. Delve had last minute changes they had to walk back after release, too.

Sounds like they need to stop fucking with mechanics shortly before release.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Just saw the Syntemhesis changes.

Yeah that is a rework lol. Everyone has to relearn the mechanics again. Poor Grim, he spent so much effort learning the system and squeezing the juice out of it. That said almost all of the changes sound great but again... if they had tested it properly then this is how it should have released from the start.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Good on them to already implement big changes. Hopefully it makes the system better. I haven't even touched it since hearing about all the issues, but I do complete the memory runs.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
So based on the new changes it looks like they're pushing it more to how I think the league is best played, which is good mods rather than worrying about stacking a lot of them. Better distribution of different shaped nodes will be really good too since I often run into a problem where I only have corner pieces (and not even the right ones).

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
This is the worst league in a while just from a performance standpoint. It's terrible and it it has been since one of the patches last league. The content it's self is meh. Synthesis is too complicated and the idea of timers in a zone that don't even involve killing things is lame. It's Alva without killing shit.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I dunno if there's an issue with my computer or not but I keep getting "bad allocation" spammed before crashing. Just so many different crashes for me this league

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
POE just crashed but you know what I have Sekiro installed and I'm ready to die ^_^

Also this

CatsOnCrit

DaTruth29

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
No, you see, we NEED invincibility phases for, uh, reasons
When I first started playing the game, the phases didn't bother me so much. Now I dread most bosses that have invincibility phases. I wish they would fix them in the same way they fixed the Desert Spring boss, where the mobs they spawn in between the phases are mostly magic, rares, or uniques, and hence drop some great loot (mostly red tier maps, which ain't no one complaining about).