• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, can I not return to the memory nexus from a memory? Won't let me use a portal scroll. :-/

EDIT: Never mind, found it.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yoooo

1554328554-sans-titre.jpg

Haul wasn't too shabby
1554329345-loot.jpg

11 T16, 4 T15, 2 T14

Do your niko dailies and delves people !

Last edited:

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just started playing this on PS4, is there a way to earn points or do you have to pay real money for them?
Do cosmetics drop or are they only obtainable with points?

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I just started playing this on PS4, is there a way to earn points or do you have to pay real money for them?
Do cosmetics drop or are they only obtainable with points?

You have to pay for microtransaction points. Cosmetics and stash tabs are the only things they charge money for so no they dont drop for free.

The exception is you get cosmetic effects for completing specific anounts of each league's challenges.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
I unlocked the delves last night but didn't actually managed to find a fractured wall before I needed to call it a night.

Also picked up Eldritch Battery... I just got a lot more squishy! D:

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I unlocked the delves last night but didn't actually managed to find a fractured wall before I needed to call it a night.

Also picked up Eldritch Battery... I just got a lot more squishy! D:
You can find fractured walls quite easily if you backtrack once you completely the objective and explore the dark path offshoots from the trucks path, make sure you have enough flares though!

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
So THAT is what the flares are for, makes sense. I swear, common sense goes out of the window for me once I'm in a game world.

Deleted member 28474

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
D:

I'll have a check later. At the moment I'm not terribly bothered about this (still levelling), I just hate having outstanding quests in my log!

Thats another hard thing to get used to. I wouldnt bother with any quests that dont reward you with passive points (after you have 2 quicksilver flasks for levelling). I pretty much always level with 2 quicksilver flasks.

When you hit post game the log kinda always displays stuff. You get used to it though.

Telaso

Oct 25, 2017
They made a few of the side quests one of the challenges for this league though, so if you want an easy challenge for the mtx you can clear them really quick once you are in maps.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bulk sold 52 guardian maps for 7 ex. Feels good man.

edit : wow, just great
1554408009-cool.jpg

Take a detour to get to this hidden map node, that lag spike up there is when I died, right before node completion, great stuff.

Last edited:

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
Just died in the Cruel Labyrinth, on the last boss phase, with less than 5% health left.

Gonna take a little break, I think.

Today is not a good day to fight Izaro n the Cruel Labyrinth. He has is max damage setput, dual swords and Gargoyles.

You can check POElab.com to see if it's a good day to run the lab. Level your character in the meantime

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
So I finished act V tonight - I don't know if it's just the fact that I took EB and I wasn't prepared to lose that defence but the game seems to have become quite a bit tougher since act V (I haven't ventured far into act VI yet). The final and penultimate bosses of act V took me down quite a few times!

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Just died in the Cruel Labyrinth, on the last boss phase, with less than 5% health left.

Gonna take a little break, I think.
Once I killed the boss and died, saw all the drops on the ground lol. Labs can be fucking INTENSE early on. Heart beats out of my chest

Break is a good call. Shit is rage inducing

If you need help, let me know

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There is now full website integration for console accounts on the PoE website now, which is a nice thing to have.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't figure out how to link to a character, plus it says my account isn't verified, and when i press to verify it says permission denied.

Strangelove_77

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a consensus on what bow skills should be a necessity and which ones are completely useless?

Merkunt

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a consensus on what bow skills should be a necessity and which ones are completely useless?

Barrage and Elemental hit are good options for Single target;
Caustic arrow and Toxic Rain builds are great, relying on damage over time stacking;
Vaal Rain of Arrows and Tornado shot are mostly used for mapping and mob clearing, although TS scales really nicely with some endgame gear, making it viable even for bosses;
Some people view Lighting Arrow and Ice shot very favourably but I've never tried those myself.

Strangelove_77

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Barrage and Elemental hit are good options for Single target;
Caustic arrow and Toxic Rain builds are great, relying on damage over time stacking;
Vaal Rain of Arrows and Tornado shot are mostly used for mapping and mob clearing, although TS scales really nicely with some endgame gear, making it viable even for bosses;
Some people view Lighting Arrow and Ice shot very favourably but I've never tried those myself.

Thanks. Is tornado shot better than split arrow for clearing mobs?
Im on the 4th act and it's finally starting to get difficult.

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I don't know what I'm doing wrong with tornado shot, but it feels very much weaker than caustic arrow + toxin rain to me.
Today is not a good day to fight Izaro n the Cruel Labyrinth. He has is max damage setput, dual swords and Gargoyles.

You can check POElab.com to see if it's a good day to run the lab. Level your character in the meantime
Thanks for that. Tried the run with the shortest path for merc guide, and it definitely helped.

Trying to do some trading now, and finding the right peace of gear is genuinely tedious. Hope they improve the trading system at some point, with ways to actually easily search for items based on the stats you want.

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
Slowly making my way through maps, nearly done with T13's. Map Progress feels super slow this league. Storm brand currently feels pretty broken in red maps and I haven't even started looking at decent wands yet. Currently chasing the pale court prophecies so I can start crafting stuff.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong with tornado shot, but it feels very much weaker than caustic arrow + toxin rain to me.

I haven't played a TS build for awhile but get that attack speed + proj speed up and target slightly behind mobs. Early on it doesn't feel that great but once you actually start scaling it'll start to go. It's innate pierce and explosion works really well for clearing.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I still can't get my head around map drop rules.

I need to get a particular map from T5, one i haven't yet found, what is the easiest way to get it.

Lower tier maps connected to it? Run T5 maps i already have that aren't connected ? Does the 3 x maps recipe only give completed maps?

Alrus

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Kinda stuck in a rut with maps, still haven't reached red maps and I'm almost level 90, I'm probably being super inefficient though.

Edit : Also, are Breachstones meant to be so tedious to get? The most splinter I have is like 30... Or maybe I'm doing something wrong with breaches...

I still can't get my head around map drop rules.

I need to get a particular map from T5, one i haven't yet found, what is the easiest way to get it.

Lower tier maps connected to it? Run T5 maps i already have that aren't connected ? Does the 3 x maps recipe only give completed maps?

I think (super unsure about this) that uncompleted maps can only drop from connected maps around them. You can get them through the vendor recipe though.

Last edited:

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kinda stuck in a rut with maps, still haven't reached red maps and I'm almost level 90, I'm probably being super inefficient though.

I think (super unsure about this) that uncompleted maps can only drop from connected maps around them. You can get them through the vendor recipe though.
I thought as much, must just be RNG against me as i have run the connected maps god knows how many times.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm following a build that suggests that I have Herald of Thunder, Zealotry and Discipline (and possibly Wrath) at some point but that requires me to reserve 110% of my mana... how is that possible? I have Eldritch Battery so my ES number is listed under my mana but it'll only let me activate two of the skills at the same time (basically any combination that reserves less than 100% mana).

Another skill/passive I need to pick up before that's possible?

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm following a build that suggests that I have Herald of Thunder, Zealotry and Discipline (and possibly Wrath) at some point but that requires me to reserve 110% of my mana... how is that possible? I have Eldritch Battery so my ES number is listed under my mana but it'll only let me activate two of the skills at the same time (basically any combination that reserves less than 100% mana).

Link the build so we can see.

Either they are picking up nodes on skill tree to reduce mana reservation, using a specific unique item or using the skill gem Enlighten to link with those auras.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA

Is it possible that the build requires the ring that removes the mana reservation from whatever skill is socketed in it? Essence worm?

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, I'm working from this build that was suggested to me. PoB link.

It mentions enlighten, but only if Wrath is added (which pushes the reservation up even further). It also mentions The Devouring Diadem but only as a nice to have as opposed to a requirement.

I took a screen grab of the passives as I don't have a Windows PC available to check the PoB passive tree outside of the game (at home anyway). I'll trace the image in game later to see if any of those nodes also reduce the reservation cost.

I did notice there's a skill I'll pick up later called Mind over Matter which will help a little with my defences as I'm not getting much gear with life at the moment.

I'm generally getting on fine (just hit act 7). Clearing maps is pretty simple but bosses and some harder mobs are making me work for my loots!

Deleted member 28474

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I dont have access to PoB atm either. Just be careful when you pick up Mind over Matter. Make sure you have the mana to sustain it.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Noted on MoM, thanks.

No passives in the build reduce the mana reservation requirement. Will need to check over the gear to see what's going on here.

EDIT: Nope, don't see how this build works with those passives active.

Discipline = 35% reserved
Zealotry = 50% reserved
Herald of Thunder = 25% reserved
Herald of Purity = 25% reserved
Wrath = 50% reserved

I must be missing something.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3968

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The build mentions enlighten and the devouring diadem. both reduce mana reservation. I dunno why it's listed in the shield slot though it's a helm. and I think you'd still need a couple mana reduction nodes on the passive tree.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm starting to question the sanity of that build specifically... or at least the passive tree from the PoB link (it even listed a primary gem that's nowhere to be seen in the build). I guess slotting enlighten into a four link blue weapon (with three of the auras) would help and frankly I could happily do without Wave of Conviction as I really don't see a need for it (I assume it's used in the build for the Arcane Surge buff) so I could maybe work something else into the helm with an enlighten to support it.

Glass half full analysis: at least it means I'm starting to understand how this all fits together.

EDIT: And it doesn't look like the enlighten support gem can be bought, need to find the cards for it.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3968

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1 handed weapons and shield only go up to 3 slots. and the reduced mana on the helm only works on gems slotted in said helm so you'd have to put the auras (and maybe enlighten) in the diadem. And I still don't think that'd work.

Like the soulrend build I have also has a diadem/enlighten version and even then it says I'd only get discipline/zealotry/malevolence.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, definitely seems off.

Hmm... I had been thinking of trying out another class anyway.

EDIT: PoB works perfectly in Wine on macOS! ^_^

Last edited:

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
So as I've built a (seemingly busted) Divine Ire based Trickster... does anyone have a build along the same lines that they could share that I might be able to morph my existing character into? I'm doing all optional quests so I have a chunk of respec points available (and I think I have some orbs of regret too) so I can tinker with it a little.

I did start a witch earlier and played through to the start of act 2 but I'm not sold on playing it yet (though I don't actually have the signature skill at this point, so that could change). I'm also not terribly interested in playing through the campaign again (they could learn from D3 in that respect).

Deleted member 3968

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well that was massive pile of bs. Did 1 of the memory bosses I'd already done twice and it repeatedly 1 shot me and added a fuck ton of adds and pools of shit this time for some reason. Got insta gibbed and/or lagged out and killed.

Real fucking fun there GGG. Man this league sucks.

Merkunt

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the Synth bosses are ridiculous; way worse than the Syndicate mastermind.

Had a really hard time when fighting Twisted Synthete with a bunch of modifiers; 7k hp Jugg with 6endurance charges and over 50% phys damage reduction and I kept getting hit for >90% of my hp, luckily I didn't die a single once but there's so much shit happening on screen; there's no way you can avoid any of it on your first try, either you check the fight first on youtube or you're pretty much done for.

Edit: Just saw this in Poe reddit discord.

SW3EBy8siEPJqxxn5ugHfNAuu-GL7V020Rd72UCrkmQ.png

wtf

Last edited: