• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KKRT

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like the next patch is going to have bigger changes to Melee than we are expecting. Even buffing the feel of combat at earlier levels with animation/speed changes for better feedback. Some accuracy/hit/miss changes are also planned. And they are FINALLY making Cyclone a Channeling spell...
:OOOOO
Finally!!!

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
They're gonna nerf cyclone more because it feels better now
I was talking about this with my friend, I'm guessing it becomes a channeled DOT meaning on hit effects no longer apply (barring whatever rework they do to leech/accuracy/etc). So the popular CoC Cospri Frostbolt Ice Nova setup becomes much worse/impossible.

KKRT

Oct 27, 2017
I was talking about this with my friend, I'm guessing it becomes a channeled DOT meaning on hit effects no longer apply (barring whatever rework they do to leech/accuracy/etc). So the popular CoC Cospri Frostbolt Ice Nova setup becomes much worse/impossible.
Why would on hit effect not work anymore? Charged Dash is channeled skill and has on hit effects.
Unless you are saying that you wont be able to trigger Cyclone anymore, than i agree.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Why would on hit effect not work anymore? Charged Dash is channeled skill and has on hit effects.
Unless you are saying that you wont be able to trigger Cyclone anymore, than i agree.
I'm thinking worst case scenario, converting cyclone to a channeled DOT (like scorching ray) would remove any "hit" effects which would include CoC, leech, etc. Best case scenario it still hits (like Divine Ire, storm burst, charged dash etc), I hope this is the way they make it channeled just because it makes more sense.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
I know GGG likes to nerf strong interactions, but I seriously doubt they'll make Cyclone a damage-over-time only skill.

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I think I'm gonna throw these guys a bone, now that the stash tabs are on sale. My plan is to get a currency stash tab, 2 premium stash tabs, and 4 normal stash tabs. Is this a good plan?

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
The sales are pretty frequent right? I'm in no rush for them right now but I'll definitely want at least a map and some premium tabs in the future.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I think I'm gonna throw these guys a bone, now that the stash tabs are on sale. My plan is to get a currency stash tab, 2 premium stash tabs, and 4 normal stash tabs. Is this a good plan?
Tbh I'd spring for a currency tab, at least one premium tab, and a map tab.

If you have enough points, I'd get in the following order:
Currency
1 premium
Map
2-3 more premium
Quad
Div card/fragment/essence

Sales are every 3 weeks.

I hate having normal tabs, like to rename them and organize them/sell stuff. I recommend a quad tab given the amount of dogshit you have to pick up and mass identify if you want to interact with this league (and previously, delve). They make great dump tabs.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
I seem to have brought the loading bug with me from Anthem. Porting back to town to all some stuff and I've been stuck loading for a few minutes. :(

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
The sales are pretty frequent right? I'm in no rush for them right now but I'll definitely want at least a map and some premium tabs in the future.
Tab sales are pretty frequent. If you don't need one any time soon just wait until the start of a new league. Every time they start a new league they run a sale on stash tabs.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
I appreciate it. I'm at 5.9k life and 1k shield. Still squishy as hell and occasionally getting one shot by trash.. a little frustrating it's rare but nonetheless annoying lol. I'd like to get my EHP up to 8k or so

Hi, sorry for delay. Here is one my spectre necro builds, this one doesn't have curses because I'm using MoM. Also gear is far from optimized (0% movement speed boots! 3 spectre limit!) but Life+ES+MoM gives me ~10500 EHP. With some proper investment to char I'm sure you could push damage and survivability further.

https://pastebin.com/WFXwt65Y

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Tbh I'd spring for a currency tab, at least one premium tab, and a map tab.

If you have enough points, I'd get in the following order:
Currency
1 premium
Map
2-3 more premium
Quad
Div card/fragment/essence

Sales are every 3 weeks.

I hate having normal tabs, like to rename them and organize them/sell stuff. I recommend a quad tab given the amount of dogshit you have to pick up and mass identify if you want to interact with this league (and previously, delve). They make great dump tabs.
Cheers for the reply. Think I'm gonna go currency tab, map tab, and upgrade 2 normal stash tabs to premium just to keep the cost at 200 points for now.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Hi, sorry for delay. Here is one my spectre necro builds, this one doesn't have curses because I'm using MoM. Also gear is far from optimized (0% movement speed boots! 3 spectre limit!) but Life+ES+MoM gives me ~10500 EHP. With some proper investment to char I'm sure you could push damage and survivability further.

https://pastebin.com/WFXwt65Y
Surfinn Also check this out

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2181275

This is THE build, very very very well written, I played it last league. Killed the Shaper with a level 84 characters and only Christ Willson knows how bad I was at this game
Thanks for the responses! That's the build I've been following closely, but he doesn't seem to stack any energy shield at all, so I was wondering what the best way to get a hybrid build going would be. I'll have to take a look at your pastebin Greenpaint, thanks for the help.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
What do you guys do with CWDT? I obviously want it to trigger as often as possible, but it needs to be at a level that it can support the connected gems - do you just lock CWDT to a certain level and accept that you'll have limited performance on the connected gems?

Really starting to enjoy this Winter Orb build now, although it definitely took a while to get going.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
What do you guys do with CWDT? I obviously want it to trigger as often as possible, but it needs to be at a level that it can support the connected gems - do you just lock CWDT to a certain level and accept that you'll have limited performance on the connected gems?

Really starting to enjoy this Winter Orb build now, although it definitely took a while to get going.
Yes. I lock it around lvl10 for Immortal Call cast when damage taken and defensive curve. I don't need it popping up every time a white mob slaps me for like 10 damage but I need it when I get hit for a sizeable chunk, like a 3rd-4th of my life.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
I like level 7 myself. I think the only time it's been super unreliable for me are the enemies in Delve that shoot a lightning cone at you and it does many little hits that will never activate CWDT, but a build with decent mitigation that's good at Delve farming should handle that pretty well anyway.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks. At the moment I need to take about 50% of my life (gem at level 4) before it procs but I guess as I level and gear up it will become a much smaller percentage of my overall pool.

Damage absorbed by ES doesn't count towards this right?

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017

decent starter video on end game by havoc, while he frames it all as if you're running HH or working towards it, it is all still applicable to maximising value while mapping.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure it does.
Yeah I think you're right, I've had it proc today without even running down my ES.

Question:

This node on its own there (circled by the route I've taken) means I should have a fractured wall near it right? Any clear indication of what direction I should be trying to find it? I tried from the node directly above it but didn't find anything.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Either the node to the left of the circled node or directly to the right of the unconnected node. Any node with only 2 connections is likely to have a hidden wall.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My labyrinth progress seems to have stalled, i just keep getting 'stinging doubt' appearing in maps and nothing else, anyway i can force it to start giving the others I'm missing?

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Anybody have access to a zone level 86? I'm trying to raise the highest spectres possible. Thanks

This build is absolutely beastly. Best I've played hands down. It can literally do it all.. mapping, bossing, labs..

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
I'm now in act 10, character level is 67. Should I be starting to worry about trying to get the stats/sockets that I need now or should I wait until I'm done with the campaign?

I have my key skills where they need to be, but still a lot of optimisation to do. Not that I'm struggling at the moment.

Rufus

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
You should do merciless lab before you kill Kitava, since you'll get another penalty to your resistances if you do. Then you can worry about stats and such.
I usually grind in Blood Aqueducts before I kill Kitava and move to maps, but I also neglect my gear until that point, so you might not have to.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I'm now in act 10, character level is 67. Should I be starting to worry about trying to get the stats/sockets that I need now or should I wait until I'm done with the campaign?

I have my key skills where they need to be, but still a lot of optimisation to do. Not that I'm struggling at the moment.
If you're not SSF (and you are down to trade for gear), you can start grabbing your gear at your current level. Most items will have a lower level requirement than 67. I think the highest you could reasonably expect is 69 or 70 on a budget (better bases are more expensive and have higher requirements).

If you have 15-20c, get a 6L with the colors you need (probably corrupted) or a tabula rasa if that's not available. The sockets are most important here, so it's ok to get an item with poor stats if you can't find a good one within your budget. It will be cheaper to make up for your chest with other gear than to get a good chest, at least starting out. Self crafting (buy a non-corrupted 6L base) is a good middle ground, budget-wise. Essence and good crafting are great tools for making a starter armor.

Then, (I use a spreadsheet for the following) make sure you get enough resistances to have 75 (or more, unless you want to run a curse immune flask for elemental weakness maps... Which I do) of each after the -30 penalty you'll get at the end of A10. Try to get as much resistances and life (or ES if you're not life-based) on all pieces as you can afford (at this point in the league you should be able to get really solid gear for 1-2c per piece). I usually start with the belt, helmet, and gloves, then move to rings and amulet. I save the boots for last so I can get as much movement speed as possible for my budget, but you could buy them first and make up for lacking resistances elsewhere.

Obviously if your build makes use of unique items you'll have to balance resistances on other gear. Unique chests are generally more expensive to get 6Ls than bases you'll craft yourself (not true for shaper, elder, or synth bases).

Last edited:

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks!

I'm working from this build so I'll have a look later to see whether I can get at least a piece of the gear. My resistances are pretty good at the moment as I made a point of going for a balanced route through the passives (though perhaps not enough once I have another -30%).

It would be nice to get the chest and have WO at it's full potential.

This is my gear so far (not sure if the link will work). I should probably replace that MH!

You should do merciless lab before you kill Kitava
Nice tip, thanks. I've only done the first two so far. I take it the final one is unlocked through act 10?

EDIT: just found out tier 1 maps will be level 68 so maybe I should run a few of those too.

Last edited:

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been very loosely following a build for a CwC incinerate chieftain, but there is one part of it i haven't even tried, simply because i can't understand how it should be used situationally.
In on of the 4 slot gear pieces it has blood rush, righteous fire & enduring cry, i see both blood rush and fire leech life to create buffs, and enduring cry is supposed to mitigate that lose, but i guess my concern is not being able to sustain enduring cry enough to give the other two enough fuel.
Is this setup quite a common setup, and how is it best used?

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I've been very loosely following a build for a CwC incinerate chieftain, but there is one part of it i haven't even tried, simply because i can't understand how it should be used situationally.
In on of the 4 slot gear pieces it has blood rush, righteous fire & enduring cry, i see both blood rush and fire leech life to create buffs, and enduring cry is supposed to mitigate that lose, but i guess my concern is not being able to sustain enduring cry enough to give the other two enough fuel.
Is this setup quite a common setup, and how is it best used?
My guess is that blood rage is purely for frenzy charge generation since you won't be doing much physical attacking. You'll rely on fire leech and base regen for survivability.

Enduring cry is there to generate endurance charges. And provide a bit of regen, I guess, but I'd consider that secondary.

Is the righteous fire in that setup Vaal RF? That's a skill you'll end up popping on bosses (does a portion of your health in damage, buffs your spell damage for a duration). If it's regular rf I'm not sure how your build uses it.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
I used an Orb of scouring to remove a crafted mod on my amulet ...

Early in the day, I multimoded a very bad glove

My brain is telling me to stop playing this league

Edit; And Funumus just killed me, that's 46 C gone ... for the 2nd time

Last edited:

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any recommendations on what minions I should have and what support gems I should equip them with? My defense isn't as high as I wish it were so I use rock golem and holy relic with culling support. Is that a good mixture?
Also how good is the rarity support gem? Is it worth equipping?
And lastly, should I be using refund points? I have like 15 of them but I'm not sure if they're worth using. As a bow user I have a ton of dexterity and I've thought about refunding some and using those points somewhere else but I'm not sure if it would be worth it.
Thanks for all your help.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck this game.
I was like " Great, I have 0 chaos, let's do this elder and uninstall the game" ..... Few minutes later ..... A 7 exalted orb Watcher's eye is on the ground.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
I am trying to launch the game and its not letting me continue on the terms of use page,even when I scroll all the way down...havent played in more then a year I think,its says last update was on the 10th of this month...is it down right now or I have to uninstall the old version or something...? on 1X.

EDIT: I am an idiot lol...wasnt pressing RS to highlight the ''I agree'' window :P

Last edited:

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Phew... that Izaro fight in the merciless labyrinth is no joke! I probably should have tried to level a bit more rather than going in at 68 but it only took 3 attempts. The second attempt I got one shotted when I couldn't even see his health bar he was so close to death. D:

DaTruth29

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Fuck this game.
I was like " Great, I have 0 chaos, let's do this elder and uninstall the game" ..... Few minutes later ..... A 7 exalted orb Watcher's eye is on the ground.
giphy.gif

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda glad that this next league is going to be much simpler in scope. Hoping that most of the changes are focused around the new melee/life/ascendancy balancing and optimization.

While I didn't have that many issues in this league compared to others, there were enough random stuff in the game to turn you off that needs fixing. Whether it be load times, random lag spikes, weird bugs, league mechanic balancing or just in general stacked RNG messing you up.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They really crammed too much shit in that league. It should have been nexus OR fractured and synthesised items. Both at once felt overwhelming. I didn't get a single good fractured base.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My guess is that blood rage is purely for frenzy charge generation since you won't be doing much physical attacking. You'll rely on fire leech and base regen for survivability.

Enduring cry is there to generate endurance charges. And provide a bit of regen, I guess, but I'd consider that secondary.

Is the righteous fire in that setup Vaal RF? That's a skill you'll end up popping on bosses (does a portion of your health in damage, buffs your spell damage for a duration). If it's regular rf I'm not sure how your build uses it.
Yeah, it was Vaal RF, makes a massive difference to my short term burst damage.

As for synth, I actually quite like it now, I understand I am probably in the minority, but once you get your head around how it works, you can actually get really good drops out of it, it's a decent companion to end game mapping (IMO, dare I say better (more rewarding loot) than delve?)

As for the actual synth crafting, it's trash, way too much currency needed to make anything decent, which for an SSF player makes it worthless.