• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
I hope GGG revisits what gems you can get while leveling classes. Makes no sense that I can't get storm brand or brand recall if I decide to level as a shadow. Just let me use whatever gem I want as I'm leveling.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Anybody have a delve or another zone I can access to raise level 84 spectres? Was doing something with my gear and lost them :(

Yoshi88

Oct 26, 2017
I have a quick question. I didn't follow this OT but wanted to dive back into PoE with the PS4 port now released. Is sth. wrong with my internet connection or is it known that PoE on PS4 is (very noticable after your first visit to Lioneyes Watch) a very laggy mess and becomes almost unplayable?

It is stuttering like hell, catapulting my char forward or slowing him down, making attacking and precise movement near impossible, like playing with a 56k modem of old. We played on two different PS4 Pro's, both the same. Never had any network problems, eiter with PS4 or otherwise.

What the hell is happening with this game and why don't i read anything about this anywhere? :/

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did you migrate a character from SSF to regular synthesis league?

No, haven't migrated any characters.
You probably won it by being in the fastest top X of labrunners in your league for the day.

Huh, didn't even know that was a thing!

Edit : Yup, that's what it was, this game.........500+ hours and I am still learning completely new things!

https://www.pathofexile.com/ladder/xbox/labyrinth/SSF Synthesis/3/1555113600

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
My build runs Vaal RF in the boot slot with basically nothing linked. Any suggestions for support gems?

I have a quick question. I didn't follow this OT but wanted to dive back into PoE with the PS4 port now released. Is sth. wrong with my internet connection or is it known that PoE on PS4 is (very noticable after your first visit to Lioneyes Watch) a very laggy mess and becomes almost unplayable?

It is stuttering like hell, catapulting my char forward or slowing him down, making attacking and precise movement near impossible, like playing with a 56k modem of old. We played on two different PS4 Pro's, both the same. Never had any network problems, eiter with PS4 or otherwise.

What the hell is happening with this game and why don't i read anything about this anywhere? :/
I have had a mostly smooth experience with the net code on PS4. Now I'm getting more densely populated maps (and my build produces a lot of graphical flourishes) I'm seeing quite a few frame rate drops and some tearing but net performance is generally solid.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks. The build I'm working on has just Vaal RF and the portal gem in the boots so I can easily link a couple of support gems to make it a little better.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Just remember Vaal RF is not for direct damage but the more spell damage buff. Increased duration is probably most effective for that.

Last edited:

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
I'll definitely prioritise that, and add in the extra area if I get the slots to support it. Free damage is always welcome.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
I'm levelling a character to try the Mathil's Scourge Arrow build. Currently in Act 6 ( monster level 45) at level 30 with less than 1K EHP, no lab ... Yikes

EDIT 2, THIS IS VERY DUMB the experience penalty is a thing even when you're low level too

Not playing a spell caster is weird, I literally don't know what is on the bottom side of the skill tree

EDIT 3, From patch note: Added 3D art for Garb of Ephemeral ... Yeah, the unique of the fucking league boss didn't have a 3D art.

Edit.
Shaper???

Last edited:

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I swear this game trolls me.

So I am lvl89, at 90 something %, and I die, 1 shot out of nowhere, first time in ages, down to 80%, and then I die again.....ffs

That 10% death penalty really smarts at higher levels.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Yeah I'm pretty sure 93 is my cutoff unless really tanky. Dying at that high of a level is just not fun when you're pushing characters.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm stuck on the last boss of act 10(big ass dragon) and I've already done all side quests, is there any place I can farm for good loot and experience?

Cruncho

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I hope GGG revisits what gems you can get while leveling classes. Makes no sense that I can't get storm brand or brand recall if I decide to level as a shadow. Just let me use whatever gem I want as I'm leveling.
You can get most skill gems in act 3 in the library, alternatively you can just quickly level up an alt that gets the gems you want early.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
You can get most skill gems in act 3 in the library, alternatively you can just quickly level up an alt that gets the gems you want early.
Won't be helpful in a league start situation. Trying to get through the content as fast as possible, and not having storm brand from levels 12-28+ is killer. Would have to use other skills that are sub optimal, and then when I get to the library quest I have to level the storm brand for a while before I can use it. I could go traps then respec out, but would rather avoid doing that as I'm not nearly as fast with traps as I am with storm brand. The difference in speed for me between storm brand and any other skill while leveling is pretty massive.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wish Zana would daily spawn on a map you've got in your inventory, it's a real pain in the backside to try and get the map you need to drop.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I have wrapped up my league goals for Synthesis. Overall while I enjoy various aspect of the leagues, it's definitely starting to feel overstuffed in the game with all the various league mechanics. Next league I want way more QoL and optimization changes rather than crazy new league ideas. Definitely don't want more high end crafting at least not for a league.

The main thing I am looking forward in the new league is the Melee rework with Life/Armor changes, hopefully something about Evasion as well. If they do what they did with spell in Synthesis, then this is going to be a total disaster. Melee needs more changes, both nuance and dramatic. You can't just give a bunch of skills more damage, you are just going to get a bunch of melee skills like Double Strike (great single target but terrible clear unless you use Multistrike/Ancestral Call/Melee Splash).

Here's what I want to see and expect from the Melee work (on top of what they have stated):

*Melee Splash support gem needs to give some damage bonus as well so you aren't super punished for having it. Something like 30% more damage would be enough, you wouldn't use it for single target but it's still not as punishing. But the main thing is that we want MORE sources of Melee Splash in the game. Definitely could use some nodes on the tree for Melee splash so you aren't forced to use the Skill gem.

*Way more defensive melee options. Not just on the Ascendancy but through support gems, skill nodes on the tree, buffs like Fortify. It's not really fair that ES and MoM based characters get to be more tanky than life based melee characters. Need way more life nodes around the Ranger tree and Slayer tree.

*Ascendancy Reworks/Buffs: Slayer, Berserker, Raider, Gladiator, Chieftain all need some reworks or buffs. But not just damage ones but defensive buffs as well.

*I really hope they change the whole chance to hit/crit double roll stuff. It doesn't really make sense that if you have 100% crit chance and 50% hit chance, you only crit 25% of the time. They are saying they are doing some sort of accuracy rework so let's see what they got.

*IMO life based leech needs to be WAY better than Energy Shield leech. Right now Energy Shield leech is kinda insane and there are sources all over the tree and on jewels plus other sources. This is what it needs to be for attack based skills as well only even more powerful. Oh and buff the Life Leech gem already.

*A lot of the melee skill needs more unique attributes or mechanics to them. Some of them like Heavy Strike are just a single strike, that's antiquated in Path of Exile now. More Melee skills need to have some sort of built in AOE/melee splash into them. If I do Heavy Strike, it hits a single target and then does a mini shockwave behind the target because you are hitting so hard. And for GOD'S SAKE someone rework Sweep already, it's a poor man's Reave.

*I would like to see a Totem that does melee skills (only instead of being static, it hops around like the Vaal A. Warchief totem). I think they can do it and would be cool to make a Lightning Strike Totem build. This would give people a good reason to play something like Chieftain.

*Buff Bleed. Enough said. And try to make it so that you aren't forced to use just Gladiator to make it work.

*Buff Resolute Technique keystone especially if you plan to rework accuracy. I like that it makes you not Crit but it needs to give a damage bonus to compensate.

*In general make Melee faster, tougher and stronger. That's what you need to make it so that you can compete with these spell/ranged skills that safely one shot the screen.

*Nerf Molten Strike already you cowards. So god damn sick of so called "Melee" players who use this skill as a crutch and not even scale anything melee related! It's a god damn Projectile skill you frauds!

*Change up weapon stats/distribution so that it's not as punishing leveling up with attack based skills. They said they were going to modify attack speeds at lower levels to make them feel better.

*2H buffs please.

*A lot of melee skills simply are not visually impressive, lack feedback, sounds corny or just look/feel lame. In many cases a visual buff is going to get more people playing a skill than just numerical changes. Sunder for example sounds really cartoony when used with a mace/mallet because you get this hollow wooden sound, it's not meaty at all and you aren't really convinced that you are doing big boy damage.

*Need a Keystone that rewards players for going Physical only. Right now physical only builds are in a poor shape because Ele conversion is so god damn strong.

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
For PS4, how exactly do I trade stuff? Do I just dump everything into a premium stash tab, and it'll go on sale automatically? And if so, how do you notice if someone bid on your item or not?

Wolfgunblood

Dec 1, 2017
The Land

It ran like a dream for 40+ hours of gametime up to Act 6. PS4 Pro on DC server.

Once I got to Act 6, it became unplayable. Lag spikes and rubberbanding like I have not experienced in a game in a long time.

It's broken mid game, I can imagine how broken it is late game. PS4 version is defective and unplayable unless you only play up to level 45 or so.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
I'm level 70+ in the epilogue, PS4 Pro. As I mentioned before the game definitely struggles to keep the frames up when it's busy but I've had few problem with net code.

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
It ran like a dream for 40+ hours of gametime up to Act 6. PS4 Pro on DC server.

Once I got to Act 6, it became unplayable. Lag spikes and rubberbanding like I have not experienced in a game in a long time.

It's broken mid game, I can imagine how broken it is late game. PS4 version is defective and unplayable unless you only play up to level 45 or so.
I'm up to tier 7 mapping right now, just for context. Haven't got too many networking issues, although I do have a ton of them in my other residence for some reason. That being said, the amounts of times the game just straight up locks up for seconds on end makes it kinda like another game mechanic.

Wolfgunblood

Dec 1, 2017
The Land
I'm up to tier 7 mapping right now, just for context. Haven't got too many networking issues, although I do have a ton of them in my other residence for some reason. That being said, the amounts of times the game just straight up locks up for seconds on end makes it kinda like another game mechanic.

Which server are you on?

I log in every night to check if it's playable, and so far it's the same every time- like clockwork, every 3 seconds it lag stutters, then a moment after that it rubberbands. It's like that in every area.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
That's really odd. :/

I'm EU (London), if that makes any difference. Testing here I actually get a slightly better ping response from Amsterdam than I do from London.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
For PS4, how exactly do I trade stuff? Do I just dump everything into a premium stash tab, and it'll go on sale automatically? And if so, how do you notice if someone bid on your item or not?
You do everything trading related through the Noticeboard. It has like an Auction house type thing.

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
You do everything trading related through the Noticeboard. It has like an Auction house type thing.
Yeah, I just sold something, and I noticed that it basically pops up a new tab in the offers section.

Anyway, I really hope they do something about this auction house thing, because holy crap. Why they can't just show me the items I've specified, instead of having me scroll through dozens upon dozens of pages of blacked out items, I'll never know.

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Think I might pick this back up on PC at some point in the future. As it stands now, it's far too much of a hassle to try to really push farther into the atlas when the game just almost straight up freezes anytime you engage a pack of mobs large enough. Nigh on all of my deaths happen that way.

Anyway, it' a great game, and a very effective time-sink, so I have no doubt I'll be back at some other time. Had a great time with it, that's for sure.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
When I'm looking to buy a base item... what should be my priority? I assume I can just buy any item of the right base and then go through the necessary crafting steps to get the stats that I want.

So for example I have only 10c and the build I'm working from seems to suggest that a void sceptre (40% increased elemental damage) is the best base. Can I buy *any* version of that and get it to where I need to go? There's one up for sale with a single socket for 1c but I'm assuming I can reroll basically everything on it to get it to where I need it? I guess if I can find an affordable one with the right linked sockets that would be preferable.

I assume I can dual wield those as well, I can't see anything to suggest they're unique equipped (if such a thing exists in this game).

EDIT: Also... for the items that don't have an asking price is there a way to work out the value?

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, so to get the % of elemental damage as chaos that the build suggests I need 75/85 as a base item level. Something tells me this build isn't going to be easy to put together as my first!

For now I think I'll focus on getting resistances up as I'm still on the squishy side.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can buy bases for pretty cheap
A 30% ele damage shaper base will be super cheap compared to a 40% one. Never rush anything when it comes to buying in this game, and don't be afraid to ask here.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
When I'm looking to buy a base item... what should be my priority? I assume I can just buy any item of the right base and then go through the necessary crafting steps to get the stats that I want.

So for example I have only 10c and the build I'm working from seems to suggest that a void sceptre (40% increased elemental damage) is the best base. Can I buy *any* version of that and get it to where I need to go? There's one up for sale with a single socket for 1c but I'm assuming I can reroll basically everything on it to get it to where I need it? I guess if I can find an affordable one with the right linked sockets that would be preferable.

I assume I can dual wield those as well, I can't see anything to suggest they're unique equipped (if such a thing exists in this game).

EDIT: Also... for the items that don't have an asking price is there a way to work out the value?
For spell caster, you have to look at the explicit stats on the item. Sure %element damage chaos is a great stat that you can only get on Shaper bases... but you can get more value from a 1C Scepter with other stats you want. Stuff like random spell damage, spell crit chance, critical multlipler, elemental damage of your type. They are fairly expensive to get a decent one and you can get two. The higher the stat numbers and the more amount of useful ones, the pricier they will be. And of course you want to go full damage on your weapons.

Usually spell caster like to go one weapon and a shield. Shield is usually an Energy Shield base so they can get high ES values. But shields can get high amount of spell damage and spell crit chance as well along with providing defensive bonuses so that's what most spell casters end up doing.

bizzuh

Feb 26, 2019
United States
I've been getting some really weird ping spikes only in PoE on PC so I tried switching to a server further away from me and they mostly disappeared but still happen sometimes. It's a recent thing and has gotten me killed three times so far on my Occultist I'm working on clearing all red maps on so it's incredibly frustrating, even with almost 12k energy shield and capped resistances. Anyone else run into this? It's not my connection as it never happens in other online games, just PoE. It goes from around 50s to around 500ms for a few seconds so it's really, really rough.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Another question: if I use a Jeweller's Orb on an item I assume I can discard the change (obviously still using up the orb) when I don't get what I want?

For spell caster, you have to look at the explicit stats on the item. Sure %element damage chaos is a great stat that you can only get on Shaper bases... but you can get more value from a 1C Scepter with other stats you want. Stuff like random spell damage, spell crit chance, critical multlipler, elemental damage of your type. They are fairly expensive to get a decent one and you can get two. The higher the stat numbers and the more amount of useful ones, the pricier they will be. And of course you want to go full damage on your weapons.

Usually spell caster like to go one weapon and a shield. Shield is usually an Energy Shield base so they can get high ES values. But shields can get high amount of spell damage and spell crit chance as well along with providing defensive bonuses so that's what most spell casters end up doing.
Thanks for this. I think I'm definitely going to have to look for an interim solution just to get me off of the ground while I save up for the expensive items the build suggests.

I'm going to level a Divine Ire Trickster as well as it seems cheaper to get off the ground... although having to wait until 28 to be able to use DI sucks.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Another question: if I use a Jeweller's Orb on an item I assume I can discard the change (obviously still using up the orb) when I don't get what I want?

Nope.

On a different note, i have a spare piece of 4L gear to use for a skill, i am running a CwC incinerate with shield charge and warlords mark/blasphemy/herald of ash.

Any suggestions for a decent skill to supplement it? I tried a CWDT immortal call, but the damage taken was, spiky due to the lose of endurance charges.

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Just thought I'd check the game out on my PS4 pro, and holy crap, the difference is staggering. It's actually playable. Don't the base and pro console share the same CPU?