• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
not sure if this has been posted but someone apparently data-mined the corrupted keystones, nothing for really for mana that i was hoping for

"You are Blind Blind does not affect your Light Radius 25% more Melee Critical Strike Chance while Blinded"

"50% of Non-Chaos Damage taken bypasses Energy Shield Gain 20% of Maximum Life as Extra Maximum Energy Shield"

"All Damage taken bypasses Energy Shield 50% of Elemental Damage taken as Chaos Damage +10% to maximum Chaos Resistance"

"Life Recovery from Flasks also applies to Energy Shield 30% less Life Recovery from Flasks"

"50% less Life Regeneration Rate 50% less maximum Total Recovery per Second from Life Leech Energy Shield Recharge instead applies to Life"

"Chance to Block Attack Damage is doubled Chance to Block Spell Damage is doubled You take 50% of Damage from Blocked Hits"

"Nearby Allies and Enemies Share Charges with you Enemies Hitting you have 10% chance to gain an Endurance, Frenzy or Power Charge"

"80% of Maximum Mana is Converted to twice that much Armour"

"Maximum Energy Shield is 0 While not on Full Life, Sacrifice 20% of Mana per Second to Recover that much Life"

"Always deal Critical Strikes You have no Critical Strike Multiplier 50% less Cooldown Recovery Speed"

"3% more Spell Damage per Power Charge Gain Power Charges instead of Frenzy Charges"

"All Damage will cause Elemental Ailments you are suffering Remove Elemental Ailments from you when you inflict them"

"Can't use Helmets Your Critical Strike Chance is Lucky Your Damage with Critical Strikes is Lucky Enemies' Damage with Critical Strikes against you is Lucky"

"Recovery from Life Leech is not applied 1% less Damage taken for every 2% Recovery per second from Life Leech"

"You can only have one Aura on you from your Skills Your Aura Skills do not affect Allies 50% more Effect of Auras from your Skills on you 50% more Mana Reserved"

"50% of Cold and Lightning Damage taken as Fire Damage 50% less Cold Resistance 50% less Lightning Resistance"

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/bxtv40/datamined_new_keystones_and_maybe_new_stat/

EDIT: this was posted on reddit 6 hours ago, fml

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Zizaran's melee guides for 3.7 are bad. Any melee physical build not having Impale in it can be rightfully ignored.

diablogg

Oct 31, 2017
As someone who is totally new to ED/Contagion what's the difference between hybrid and CI? What do those even mean? (I am a Ranger noob who only knows how to build TS, Lightning Shot or Kinetic Blast chars =P)

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who is totally new to ED/Contagion what's the difference between hybrid and CI? What do those even mean? (I am a Ranger noob who only knows how to build TS, Lightning Shot or Kinetic Blast chars =P)

CI means you're taking Chaos Inoculation which makes you immune to Chaos damage but your maximum health is 1. Your entire life pool is your Energy Shield. Hybrid usually relies on Life/ES and generally picks up Mind over Matter (portion of damage is taken from your mana before health).

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Hybrid is hybrid life and energy shield.

CI is Chaos Inoculation keystone which means full ES, no life.

MoM + EB is Mind Over Matter plus Eldritch Battery. Mana becomes a buffer shield for life and EB puts your energy shield over mana so your energy shield acts both as a buffer and mana for spell casting purposes.

If you are a Ranger main then you shoukd have gone melee/attack since it's far similar to how builds than spell casting. Just go Berserker Frost Blades Claws and path over Ranger side.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Friendly reminder to :
  • Never waste sulphite by not spending it
  • Go as deep as you can in the delve mine, just go down, it's rarely worth it to go horizontally. You want to get monster level 83 depth for the juicy cities
  • Don't forget to ascend, but don't rush to do it, better to overlevel it by 10 levels and breeze through it

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
Friendly reminder to :
  • Never waste sulphite by not spending it
  • Go as deep as you can in the delve mine, just go down, it's rarely worth it to go horizontally. You want to get monster level 83 depth for the juicy cities
  • Don't forget to ascend, but don't rush to do it, better to overlevel it by 10 levels and breeze through it
This right here. Don't waste your sulphite. Delve ilvl 83 is nuts. Especially early on. All you need is one or two vaal outposts and all that time spent delving will pay for itself easily. The returns on deep delves are way too good to pass up. Even mid league it's good.

Any suggestions on whether or not we should do Legion content from the start, or when to do it?
I wouldn't bother with it early on. I don't generally engage in the league mechanic until I hit blood aqueducts. Blood aqueducts is the first section in act 9. If you have really good dps do to rng you can engage with the league mechanic earlier on. In this league it's going to be dmg based.

Edit:Forgot to mention why I don't bother with it. This is because my gear is trash, and it will take me forever to do the mechanic. It might be different with essence drain though. Generally it's not worth it because it takes to much time early.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
I always do league content but I'm not usually in a hurry to reach the maps. It's another story if you want to play efficiently.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
This right here. Don't waste your sulphite. Delve ilvl 83 is nuts. Especially early on. All you need is one or two vaal outposts and all that time spent delving will pay for itself easily. The returns on deep delves are way too good to pass up. Even mid league it's good.

I wouldn't bother with it early on. I don't generally engage in the league mechanic until I hit blood aqueducts. Blood aqueducts is the first section in act 9. If you have really good dps do to rng you can engage with the league mechanic earlier on. In this league it's going to be dmg based.

Edit:Forgot to mention why I don't bother with it. This is because my gear is trash, and it will take me forever to do the mechanic. It might be different with essence drain though. Generally it's not worth it because it takes to much time early.
Thanks what I figured, thanks. Probably time wasted that could otherwise be used getting straight to the endgame.

diablogg

Oct 31, 2017
CI means you're taking Chaos Inoculation which makes you immune to Chaos damage but your maximum health is 1. Your entire life pool is your Energy Shield. Hybrid usually relies on Life/ES and generally picks up Mind over Matter (portion of damage is taken from your mana before health).
Hybrid is hybrid life and energy shield.

CI is Chaos Inoculation keystone which means full ES, no life.

MoM + EB is Mind Over Matter plus Eldritch Battery. Mana becomes a buffer shield for life and EB puts your energy shield over mana so your energy shield acts both as a buffer and mana for spell casting purposes.

If you are a Ranger main then you shoukd have gone melee/attack since it's far similar to how builds than spell casting. Just go Berserker Frost Blades Claws and path over Ranger side.

Thanks dudes. Trying out a new build has me excited =)

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
Here's a pro tip. Set up your poe.trade woops now. I have one already set up for chaos jewels. In the first couple of days you can get great jewels for cheap. You can sometimes get 4 stat jewels on a bargain. When rf was meta a few leagues ago I set up woops for rf jewels. Bought a bunch at a discount, and sold them for exalts later on.
I always do league content but I'm not usually in a hurry to reach the maps. It's another story if you want to play efficiently.
This is a good point. If you are enjoying the mechanic and are in no rush then do it.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
How often do you guys check vendor for movespeed boots? Just whenever you're back in town?
Yup. Until I have them, but at some point act 3 ish I'll stop checking even if I don't have them, and will focus on crafting some instead. If I don't have movement speed boots by act three I start using any essences on boots. As I'm leveling I'll pick up any 3 linked BBB boots, and will have a small stash of them to craft on. Also essences are damn good for leveling. If you see one on the map go after it unless it's super far out of the way.

Edit: Essentially I expect not to have movement speed boots for several acts. That's how it generally is when I practice. At some point you will get them though.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any suggestions on whether or not we should do Legion content from the start, or when to do it?
Imo do it as soon as you have good AoE damage, incursion was good to do because of all the levelling loot and xp
Might be a dumb question but do you think it'll be any harder to level with one handers needing two of them instead of just doing two handed?
Little bit harder but don't spec into the dual wield nodes early maybe ? You don't really need a ton of damage nodes for levelling, just choose the right gems

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Imo do it as soon as you have good AoE damage, incursion was good to do because of all the levelling loot and xp

Little bit harder but don't spec into the dual wield nodes early maybe ? You don't really need a ton of damage nodes for levelling, just choose the right gems

Fair enough. Thanks

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Welp,

Got my PoB ready to go, just hope I can recognize the layouts well enough to not take a full day to level lol

I find myself constantly hitting dead ends early on.

Oct 27, 2017
Arizona
Here's a pro tip. Set up your poe.trade woops now. I have one already set up for chaos jewels. In the first couple of days you can get great jewels for cheap. You can sometimes get 4 stat jewels on a bargain. When rf was meta a few leagues ago I set up woops for rf jewels. Bought a bunch at a discount, and sold them for exalts later on.

THis is what I always do. Most people don't know how much something is worth at the start of a league. You can get tons of good jewels for under 3c.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
Welp,

Got my PoB ready to go, just hope I can recognize the layouts well enough to not take a full day to level lol

I find myself constantly hitting dead ends early on.
Don't sweat it. Just focus on making sure your links are right, and everything else falls into place. Make sure to grab the second quicksilver in act 2, and back tracking won't be too much of a pain.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Server stability has been bad since forever. It's doubtful it will be Syndicate bad though since that had so many other changes and hype going for it as well.

Then again people are super hyped for melee as well so I still expect crashing and server issues.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
10 minutes before the start of the league, I'm not at home and I don't have a build :)

Can you post the name of your character?

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
OMFG Sand Perforate is AMAZING for leveing!

Animation canceling is godlike and early monsters hitting hard!

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
can someone explain to me why ED seems to be exciting people in this patch, did they buff it somehow?

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
can someone explain to me why ED seems to be exciting people in this patch, did they buff it somehow?

Didn't get nerfed and was arguably one of the stronger builds last patch. The way the league mechanic works ED/Contagion will annihilate the legion mobs you spawn.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
ED Contagion seems perfectly fitted to tackle Legion mobs. That and many meta early game spell builds were nerfed like Storm Brand and Winter Orb.

Lacerate feels SO much better now. Can cancel after first hit meaning you can map so much faster with it. When this is juiced up with AOE, bleed explosions and better damage... its going to FARM!

Steel Skin has been clutch in these early levels. Just wait for it on cooldown, tank bosses then go back when its off.

Leap Slam feels SSOO SMOOTH now.

I am also pretty much never missing now. As a Duelist I have consistently been at 100% accuracy in these early areas. I really think Resolute Technique sucks now even early on in the game.