• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
I really like the incubators. Perhaps my favorite legion reward so far. Instant movement skills are amazing and so is steelskin. Really promising start to the league.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm having such a hard time deciding between tectonic slam chieftain and one of the pure physical damage/bleed Duelist builds.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
molten shell seems incredible

for me its a 7k bubble that absorbs 75% and lasts for 7 seconds every 10 seconds

the damage doesn't seem to good though, maybe on vaal molten shell

it instant to, so it doesn't interrupt my scorching ray channel, you just use it whenever you need defense, nuts

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Bladestorm is pretty good, want to see what area one can get on it once Pulverize is stacked on it.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Um holy fuck do Legion events give you currency

I already have 7 Blessed orbs, 2 chaos, 2 regret, 2 scour, 6 alc, 3 regal, and I think almost everything has come from them

In previous leagues for me it was a struggle to get a chaos or 2 if anything.

Last edited:

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
They drop good amount of leveling uniques too.

Man tbis league has been a fucking BLAST so far. So many options, Melee feels so much juicier, league mechanic is super fun and rewarding.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Found "Southbound" unique gloves. No idea if they're any good but they have +50% Herald of Ice damage. None up on poe.trade either.

Edit: Huh, got gloves with a lab enchant from a legion encounter. They were trash but neat.

Last edited:

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Um holy fuck do Legion events give you currency

I already have 7 Blessed orbs, 2 chaos, 2 regret, 2 scour, 6 alc, 3 regal, and I think almost everything has come from them

In previous leagues for me it was a struggle to get a chaos or 2 if anything.
Maybe they've taken notice of the 'there is no such thing as too much loot' thing!

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
One lag spike and GG if you're HC. No thanks.

Shield charge feels a LOT better and more smooth, you just instantly start running after the animation!

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Also

Why does this game take 20 minutes to update patches small enough to be notated by letters?

Edit.. and it failed to update so I have to start over lol.

Last edited:

CrimsonN0

Oct 25, 2017
Whelp, was using a Sweep/Heavy Strike Build with Shockwave, but now that I have Cyclone, it really is fun.
Just spinning through mobs and bosses, while having Pride, Blood&Sand, and Flesh&Stone going on.

Also, actually reading the first page, we have a guild?
Any real point to being in a guild in this game?

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Whelp, was using a Sweep/Heavy Strike Build with Shockwave, but now that I have Cyclone, it really is fun.
Just spinning through mobs and bosses, while having Pride, Blood&Sand, and Flesh&Stone going on.

You get a guild chat that is not actually cancerous like general chat is.

Oct 27, 2017
Arizona

YOu get to s̶t̶e̶a̶l̶ borrow stuff everyone puts into the guild stash

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Cool. Finished Lab and while I was looking at the ascendency I got "connection timed out" and lost it. So I get to do Lab again.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Whenever I replace my weapon I put the previous one in the guild stash.

So if you are considering going 2H Axe definitely take a look.

Merkunt

Oct 25, 2017
Having trouble deciding if I should spec cyclone with siege axes or foils; I already picked disomboweling so I had crits in mind, but it's hard to know how the potential damage of pure physical compares to crit stacked foils...

Edit: Also I asked this last league but, can I get a guild invite? I'm already in maps, just need to do Merc. Lab and I'll be fully into mapping.

Edit2: My character id is SmokinSickSlayer btw.

Kentsui

Oct 26, 2017
Does the rage generation from the rage gem stack with the ascendancy passive or having both does nothing ?

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I gave up on using infused channelling with cyclone, the int requirement is too high
Looking at
Cyclone - Fortify supp - Impale supp - Rage supp - Brutality supp - Close combat supp, in order of priority

Using pulverise instead of brutality for now, until I get my final ascendancy for the juicy AoE
Berserk is absolutely disgusting.

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I'm just starting out, and the game describes both Standard and Legion as default modes. Which should I be doing for a first playthrough? I don't feel like I understand what Leagues are, compared to a Standard playthrough.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just starting out, and the game describes both Standard and Legion as default modes. Which should I be doing for a first playthrough? I don't feel like I understand what Leagues are, compared to a Standard playthrough.
You want to be in Legion. Standard is the baseline game without the new stuff they add for each expansion.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Is this easy to get into?

Any beginner tips and/or advice?
Use a build guide and watch some beginner guides on YouTube. Engineering Eternity has some great videos, ZiggyD and other streamers make great build guides. The forum also has great guides, look for 3.7 and the words "league starter" or "cheap".

I recommend making a melee build to start, probably begin with a Duelist.
Here's the forum for Duelist. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/40

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1560017166-density.png

Yall like density ?

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Gladiator has been fun so far.

Taking some of the crash problems aside, I think main issue with the league might be simply that this is the Cyclone league. Once you have the movement speed it just feels superior over most other melee skills especially for doing Legion content.

Especially when AOE like this is available for Melee now:

These seem quite good:

Last edited:

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
Started running into issues with multistrike + sweep at high APS. At full rage I'm hitting 0.27 APS and not all the hits are processing correctly, you can see the swing 'hit' the enemy but not process, it is very noticeable in large mobs. Removing multistrike feels significantly better. Starting to wonder if it was the cause for a bunch of my crashes/slowdowns too

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Lion's Roar 30C for worst rolled flask LOL!

The divination cars for it is easy to farm though, drops in a couple of locations.

Oct 25, 2017
Anyway of knowing when a microtransaction is going on sale? Is there a pattern or does it look random? It's the special stash tabs I'm looking out for

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Some issues with the league this far (overall extremely positive):

*Legion mobs not leaving corpses when you kill them on the 2nd go. This is making some builds not perform that well against Legions after they have spawned. Makes Gladiator/Haemophilia bleed explosions a bit weaker than usual.

*Multistrike is bugged with many skills. Makes attack completely whiff on repeats. Flicker Strike, Blade Flurry and Cyclone have weird issues as well. If you can try avoid using this support for a bit until they fix it.

*Its become so hard to click on interactable objects like doors. Most likely a result of the pathing changes they made recently.

*No alert on when incubators are about to pop or have popped.

*Some bugs related to animation cancelling to stufd especially when involved with movement skills. There is inconsistency in when you are allowed to cancel out with a movement skill.

Minus the crashes the Legion mechanic itself seems mostly fine. With the amount they fixed in Synthesis in a short time, I am confident that they will be able to polish this league up. Reception overall seems very positive.

Also Melee builds have TOO MANY buttons now!

Main skill
Blood Rage
Banner
Movement skill
Berserk if using Rage mechanic
Vaal Double Strike
Totem
War Cry
Guard Skill
Blood/Sand stance
Golem
Curse

I have attached my Guard, Golem and Curse to CWDT.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I can't use molten shell manually, would if I could..
Current keys :
Lclick Walk
mouse 4 Leap slam
Rclick cyclone
A blood rage
Z Ancestral protector
E War banner
R Blood/sand + flesh/blood + pride
T Berserk

It's already a huge pain in the ass to recast all auras when I die, but I just can't do any more things because of this limitation
We need an aura UI where you can just say "I want this shit on all the time"

Kentsui

Oct 26, 2017
Anyway of knowing when a microtransaction is going on sale? Is there a pattern or does it look random? It's the special stash tabs I'm looking out for

Stash sales often on week-ends and around league starts.
New items don't go on discount before 1 month has already passed (and often there is a sale at the 1 month mark)
Items from the last mystery box enter the store more or less 1 month after the following league started.

For everything else it's more or less random.

fspm

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, multi strike punching air.
I don't know what they did but opening stash or turning a rock for loot is weird ass dead zone circus, takes half a minute of running in circles, in delve = dead.
Yeah I can't use molten shell manually, would if I could..
Still have to hold shift for main skill cause no room for dedicated walking, this is getting stupid.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Why would you hold shift? You can toggle in attack in place per ability.