• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
They really should allow you to bind force walk to a button instead of having to waste a skill slot on that.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
The added density from legion is nuts. Especially in red maps. It's crazy when you roll a high density open layout red.

GordonHalfman

Nov 18, 2017
Yeah I can't use molten shell manually, would if I could..
Current keys :
Lclick Walk
mouse 4 Leap slam
Rclick cyclone
A blood rage
Z Ancestral protector
E War banner
R Blood/sand + flesh/blood + pride
T Berserk

It's already a huge pain in the ass to recast all auras when I die, but I just can't do any more things because of this limitation
We need an aura UI where you can just say "I want this shit on all the time"

You can use the shift left click trick with war banner. It's a bit random what that works with, I only thought it worked with Golems until recently but there's a few others like Orb of Storms.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really looking forward to starting this league on Tuesday, is slayer still the got to for cyclone or is berserker good too?

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Really looking forward to starting this league on Tuesday, is slayer still the got to for cyclone or is berserker good too?
I'm flip flopping all over the place.

Thinking of one of these two builds, but both of those seem to rely on an expensive unique. I've seen others that use dual rare swords too (Mathil for example, although his is just a PoB link and for now I still need some words around the build as I'm learning).

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
Probably going to spec out of stun to bleed for this sweep build. Stun is extremely safe when you do manage to stun things (which is most of the time) but there is just so much stuff that bypasses it. Unwavering isn't oo bad except all of the betrayal chars have it hidden and we run into them every 2nd map it feels.

Rough numbers with bleed come out way ahead, just a matter of whether or not the survivability that stun offers outweighs the damage that bleed offers.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm flip flopping all over the place.

Thinking of one of these two builds, but both of those seem to rely on an expensive unique. I've seen others that use dual rare swords too (Mathil for example, although his is just a PoB link and for now I still need some words around the build as I'm learning).
Disfavour isnt required for Cyclone. A rare 2H axe would work or some other cheaper 2H Axe. Same for Starforge and 2H swords.

Also Resolute Technique is a bad idea this league. It's easy to get near cap accuracy and hit chance. Precision aura is actually very strong.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I was planning to go RT for at least the early leveling process. I had even routed towards it. But Every time I would check my accuracy it would be 95-100% even for evasive enemies. It's 97% for me now with 0 accuracy on gear. I am going to save those two points and put into something else instead.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Chain Hook is sleeper very strong. It's like a Consecrated Path but for pure physical build. Also gives fast Rage stacks. Actually a powerful main link skill.

Also Shockwave support is excellent for something like EQ but the weapon restriction on it is a bummer. Only Maces and Staffs, not even Axes.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the heads up on RT, I'll definitely avoid that. I did look at it when I was going over the builds and wondered if it would be any good.

And also that I don't have to worry about the specific uniques. Although at least Starforge is (kinda?) farmable.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It used to be mandatory for these builds but now accuacy has been reworked. You have an in build 15% more accuracy and enemies are more likely to be hit early on. So like first 50 or so levels you will be around 100% accuracy and slightly decrease from there. A lot of major weapon nodes have a ton of flat accuracy in them at the last node that boosts you back up.

And finally Precision aura which you just reserve as much you need (like lvl10 for less mana reserved but still hit cap accuracy).

ZiggyD with the melee goodness:

Last edited:

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
On POE Ninja here are the top most used skills so far:

Cyclone (by the widest margin, at 34%!)
Essence Drain (14%)
Bladestorm
Lacerate
Blight
Toxic Rain
Tectonic Slam
Lightning Trap
Flicker Strike
Frost Blades
Earthquake

Blade Storm definitely been performing well in the league. Once scaled with stuff like Pulverize, it has solid AOE, its quick enough to attack with and the storms seem to stack (up to 3) so the single target can ramp up as well. It synergizes well with both Impale and Rage because the lingering storms in packs can also build up Rage. I have been having a blast with this new skill so far.

Slayer is also the leading Ascendancy by a mile at 31%. Followed by Trickster, Berserker, Gladiator, Champion, Saboteur. Surprised to see Juggernaut so low here.

Also this Axe has been seeing a lot of play:

1077841.png

Seems like a very good starting weapon to get you through maps fast before you get your Disfavours.

rickyson33

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
low level precision is so broken in terms of investment for what it gives

should just be on every character that uses accuracy/crit at all,can literally get 93 flat accuracy and 40% increased crit chance for 22 mana reservation(or like 40 health with blood magic support)

Fina1e

Oct 27, 2017
I farmed a tabula yesterday. What's the best flicker build I can use to take me all the way to at least t10 maps?

rickyson33

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
rapidly reaching "am I playing the same league as these people?" levels of feelings reading the praise this league mechanic is getting

yeah it's nice when it works but the second terrain gets in the way at all(which is pretty much always if you aren't in a completely wide open map like say beach) then fighting the terrain trying to get to all the symbols feels straight up awful

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing with Cleave because I wanted to try a melee skill that seemed like it got no love for a long ass time. It's working out surprisingly well. The Overwhelming Odds jewel really helps with skill point placement since you basically have permanent fortify with it. I've been building a tanky(ish) Slayer with it and so far I haven't run into any problems. Not up to maps yet but I had a smooth clear through the Brine King so far. Honestly my only complaint is how plain the skill is and how little there is to do to change it up. You can basically make it attack faster and boost its AOE and that's kind of it. No big boom outside of herald explosions, no neat chain effects or lingering damage pools. Just slice and dice.

Considering bringing back my Divine Ire Inquisitor because I'm hoping the gear for it will be cheaper this league with everyone on the melee bandwagon.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Damn those Precision and Pride Watcher eye modes are pretty nuts.

Had a big crash in a juiced up map with like 4 different league mechanics (Syndicate which caused the crash in a lab, Abyss, Breach, Legion).

Its strange but I would say that Weapon Range affects the initial "Sweep" like part of Bladestorm. The initial circle is bigger than the storm circles. I will take some screenshots later.
It's possible that is the case, haven't really tested it.

Telaso

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty good opening weekend for me this league. Had 5ex drops by the time I got to level 85. How just to wait for the price to skyrocket and sell them off.

ED/Contagion is OP for this league too....

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to work out when this unlocks for console. For some reason I though it was tonight (within the next few hours or so) but silence from the PoE twitter is telling me otherwise.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why I had the 10th in my head then. That'll be the 12th in NZT! :s

EDIT: Yup:

Path of Exile: Legion on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 will launch at Jun 10, 2019 10:00 PM or at 2pm June 10th (PDT). Downtime will begin for deployment at Jun 10, 2019 9:00 PM or at 1pm June 10th.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Really liking the random Veiled items and Fossil drops from Legion.

Getting better at doing Legion encounters now. The juicy stuff is always at the edge or perimeter of the spawn so as soon as you activate it, move away from it and start doing a circle. Of course this is pretty awkward in in door maps but the general principles still apply.

I have tried numerous skills so far, here are my winners and losers of the patch (melee):

Winners:

*Earthquake : Feels SO good now! Especially with Shockwave, you can one shot packs with the initial hit now. IMO one of the better skills to use against Legion for melee.
*Cyclone : No need to explain. But the single target isn't as high as you would imagine but makes up for it with how fun it is to play, how fluid it is and the huge AOE potential on it.
*Bladestorm : I am very certain this skill's storms stack and if they do then it's actually a very good combination of single target and AOE clear skill. IMO a great league starter that I am going to recommend for new players from now on.
*Ice Crash : Like EQ, feels soo much better now with bigger damage and AOE.
*Cleave: Its improve so much that I prefer it over Reave now even for clearing. Good balance of damage and AOE.
*Sweep: Actually solid skill now, huge improvement from before.
*Glacial Hammer: Really good now with the splash changes and freeze changes. Don't sleep on this!
*All the new support skills for melee are great. I wish Shockwave had more weapon supports though especially for Axes (but it makes Varunastra more interesting). The new active skills like Berserk and the auras are superb too.

Losers:

*Any skill that required Multistrike. Multistrike feels so bad now due to various reasons. Its buggy, clunky and just slow now. If you can get away not using MS, then don't use it. It also feels bad for map clear because the first hit you do has a huge penalty and you need to sit there for two more hits to get the actual damage. Previously MS had consistent damage so you could one shot packs on first hit. Granted being able to cancel out of the later hits is great but this support needs a look over.

*Lacerate: Lacerate has superior AOE (in sand form) and damage.. but the slower speed really hurts it. And couple with Multistrike it's like 6 super slow attacks... definitely don't use MS with this one. Lacerate feels fine at higher attack speeds though and can clear fine, but as a starter it feels slow. But the skill over is still good, needs some adjustments.

*Perforate: Sand form is fine although lacks scaling potential with AOE compared to other skills but Blood form is super clunky. I don't know what the issue with the targeting is, it happens to miss on single target more often than not. And the damage isn't even that great for overlapping. This skill had huge potential but it's kinda awkward to use right now.

*Namelock skills without some sort of built in splash: Currently at a disadvantage with the league mechanic, you need a lot of coverage. But stuff like Dual Strike has potential for big damage.

*Blink: I don't see the point of this when Leap Slam actually feels much better now and has more utility.

*Flicker Strike: Super buggy and clunky at the moment especially with Multistrike. I personally always hated this skill and this doesn't surprise me at all. Wait for fixes before playing this.

*Molten Strike: I haven't really played with it but I see no one playing it, I am assuming it's just a lot worse now.

Baliis

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen a few people say they don't like the new multistrike, but I've really loved it. Playing 2h ice crash, so without the multistrike the first swing takes soooo long to come out. With multistrike, I can get the fast first swing to smash packs since I still hit hard enough, then let the repeat attacks smash tougher rares with their huge multipliers. Being able to animation cancel after the first swing makes it really smooth to play, leap slam feels so damn good now

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I am liking Tec Slam well enough and looking forward to starting mapping tonight, but yeah I do think it's likely I'll end up swapping to one of the phys damage slayer/gladiator builds once I build up a bit of currency or items.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Literally mashing the button to connect as soon as the servers come up and there's 1400 people ahead of me in the queue. :'(

EDIT: Client crashed now it's up to 7k D:

EDIT 2: Queue is stupid. It doesn't update the queue number and there's no way of refreshing it without cancelling it, which drops your place in the queue. >_<

EDIT 3: Now I've accepted I won't get to play tonight I'm having fun cancelling my place in the queue to see how high the queue will go!

EDIT 4: And now the queue counters are going down. Boo!

Last edited:

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
Died to triple ghosted atz boss from his ignite, was me being dumb.

Gonna stick with EQ and see how it goes. I'm probably going slayer again but not sure, may try Zerk. My only gripe is that Close Combat is restricted and cant use with maces. Whyyyyy. Would help marohi builds so much.

rickyson33

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
shavs is gonna stay low this league right? don't really keep tabs on item prices in general all that much

got one as a drop and don't want to feel awful in a week for selling it for like 20c

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
Had a devotos drop for me today. Was about to just put it away and run labs to see if I could get a nice enchant. Checked the prices for devotos and then sold mine immediately. Crazy that it's 1.5ex at least. Shavs is cheap and I'm going to go that low life.
shavs is gonna stay low this league right? don't really keep tabs on item prices in general all that much

got one as a drop and don't want to feel awful in a week for selling it for like 20c
Hard to say, but I don't see it raising in price due to ES nerfs and melee buffs.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Can't quite decide whether to try and rush through (and optimise my levelling to an extent) or take my time and explore all of the locations and try and get the trophy for reading all of the environmental texts on a single character. Though I guess I could always come back to that trophy with a full levelled character...

Was it early, or was i misinformed!!!
You must have missed my edit. Yeah as I thought it was always going to the 10th @ 22:00.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't quite decide whether to try and rush through (and optimise my levelling to an extent) or take my time and explore all of the locations and try and get the trophy for reading all of the environmental texts on a single character. Though I guess I could always come back to that trophy with a full levelled character...

You must have missed my edit. Yeah as I thought it was always going to the 10th @ 22:00.
Lol, yeah, I did my heads all over the place all the moment!

As for the question, personally, there is more than enough time at the end of fully exploring to do a lot of end gaming, so depends if you want the trophie(s) or not I guess.

ButtButt

Oct 30, 2017
Got a small patch on Steam just now, did they change anything with Leap Slam? When I use it now roughly 30% of the time it just kinda gets "stuck" at the start of the animation (like me character is about to jump but then stops) and then nothing happens.

My ping is a constant 6-8ms so I don't think it's lag. This also seems to happen with summoning golems if I try to move too fast after summoning the cooldown activates but nothing happens.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see myself ever using another movement skill now Dash is in the game. It feels *so* much better than the other movement skills in its responsiveness. It's the first time for me PoE has felt on the same level as D3 in terms of general feel and playability. So good.