• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
I wish Legion showed a general radius or indicator or where the mobs are. It's annoying going one way finding out you fucked up and there is barely any enemies that direction.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
They're betrayal veiled mods and incursion exclusive drops. Both can drop from certain legion rewards. I was lucky and got a pretty good ring with -6 mana early on, bringing my cyclone down to 1 mana. You should be able to sustain with mana leech on the tree, keep a mana flask in case
Thanks for this. I've been mostly ignoring legion for now (now that I have cyclone I'll start doing it) and obviously no access to veiled stuff yet (act 9 I think that starts showing up?). Fingers crossed! I've been going left on the tree for my early levelling but I can start heading right now and pick up the leech (and some dex, which will help) and in the meantime I'm fine running with a flask too.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
I got insanely lucky and had a Thief's Torment drop for me, which with Cyclones hit rate completely removes mana costs (and also makes me freakishly hard to kill).

Oct 25, 2017
These Exception: Present crashes are starting to get to me
if it wasn't for the instance persisting after log out I might have uninstalled by now

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
is it just me or are there way more enemies with elemental resist mods this time around?

bownana

Jan 15, 2019
Rarity: Rare
Rapture Sever
Jewelled Foil
--------
One Handed Sword
Quality: +20% (augmented)
Physical Damage: 70-125 (augmented)
Critical Strike Chance: 5.50%
Attacks per Second: 2.03 (augmented)
Weapon Range: 14
--------
Requirements:
Level: 68
Dex: 212 (unmet)
--------
Sockets: G-B
--------
Item Level: 83
--------
+25% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
--------
Adds 26 to 44 Physical Damage
27% increased Attack Speed
25% increased Damage with Bleeding
--------
Could anyone give me a price check on this?

rickyson33

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
nice to see incubators are getting an indicator for being almost done

I feel like they're mostly fine but it feels so unsatisfying when you don't even notice when they pop until like a half hour later

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of good fixes coming in New patch.

But Legion on kill effects, Multistrike bugs and Flicker Strike bugs are still being worked on so won't make this patch.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Is there confirmation they're even aware of how shit multistrike feels?
They are aware of its bugs.

-------------------------------------------------------
Bex_GGG - 3.7.1 Patch Notes

I'm checking for an update about this.
Edit: It looks like we potentially have an internal fix for an issue where Multistrike does not increase damage of secondary effects, Molten Strike, Infernal Blow but it still needs further testing and hasn't been scheduled for a patch yet so I don't have an ETA. This suggests it's sooner rather than later, however.

Similar posts have been made about other Multistrike related issues like the skill canceling damage if you hold it down or its interaction with skills like Flicker Strike.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
I just leap slammed right into a map boss right as there was an internet outage. My Poe profile says I'm in hardcore still but is there any chance I'm dead? Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

edit : still alive for now woo

Last edited:

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
  • Reduced the damage of the Bloodblessed Conqueror's "Red Wave" skill.
This is the only thing I'm really worried about when it comes to legion content, so good to see it fixed. So easy to tune effects out when there's so many on screen and I've been caught out with this one more than once.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So this is the Melee update right? Really need to find an interesting build and see how it goes. Started a Cyclone 3.7 build and it seems pretty good.

My biggest issue with PoE seems to be I never really know what things I should keep or throw away. Even with the loot options, I spend far too long looking for the right items. That also does not count trying a new build and having to mess around getting the right socket combinations. They should really make the colour change stuff free or way cheaper. Burn so many trying to get the right setup and you have to do that with multiple sockets.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
Lol holy shit man that sucks. And exactly why I don't play HC. Glad you live another day though!
I can't play anything but HC because of the thrill of it all. Mapping T1's gets my heart going even when I outgear the shit out of it. Seriously, this game in HC has taught me breathing techniques. It is so fucking intense there's nothing else like it in gaming for me. So much at stake every second I spend out of town. I wish I i never played HC. Cuz now i can't go back

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure if it's the technical issues soaring me, but this is the most boring league I've played since I started PoE with betrayal, the legion encounters just aren't interesting enough and the meta game is weak, I even prefer breach encounters, because at least they are exciting when they chuck loads of enemies in a constant stream at you.

Synth had (alot) of problems, but at least it was engaging and offered something outside of the standard game.

rickyson33

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
wow that maraketh bosses evasion is no joke

bought a couple emblems and was trying out a 3 army fight just to see what the area was like and even in the 3 army(level 79) version I all of a sudden only had 48% accuracy fighting it when i'm constantly at 100% in similar level normal maps

fspm

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't play anything but HC because of the thrill of it all. Mapping T1's gets my heart going even when I outgear the shit out of it. Seriously, this game in HC has taught me breathing techniques. It is so fucking intense there's nothing else like it in gaming for me. So much at stake every second I spend out of town. I wish I i never played HC. Cuz now i can't go back
You're following delve crawler but something doesn't seem right, oops you were actually far behind it for 15 seconds, oops dead. Dis online lag fest isn't hardcore viable.

Champion's adrenaline is legit, great vs degens that could melt you in 2 milliseconds. Overall such an improvement vs weak as shit gladiator.

Last edited:

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if it's the technical issues soaring me, but this is the most boring league I've played since I started PoE with betrayal, the legion encounters just aren't interesting enough and the meta game is weak, I even prefer breach encounters, because at least they are exciting when they chuck loads of enemies in a constant stream at you.

Synth had (alot) of problems, but at least it was engaging and offered something outside of the standard game.
Legion monsters are intense but you need to open up like 80-90% of the Legion encounters to feel the juice. They hit hard, can swarm you and drop lots of loot.

But yeah unlocking them is tougher at the start but once you get efficient it feels really juicy.

And then when you unlock the 4 way and 5 way fights by putting all the Emblems in... it is a sight to behold.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Legion counters are easily the most profitable way to play the game across any experience I've ever had in PoE. Assuming you have a clear skill to kill 90% of the monsters of course.

I mean you can just clear white maps and make a decent profit. Legion encounters are.. I think every single map? And cost nothing at all. It's just pure profit. They're also challenging in red maps especially but the risk is more than worth it.

Best of all, you don't go out of your way for them and they take almost no time.

I didn't play breach league but I have to imagine this competes with it in terms of profitability.

diablogg

Oct 31, 2017
ED+Cont seems cool, level 85 now. I do feel it's huge weakness is no kind of life/energy shield leech. Is this just me or am I just being dumb, currently trying to take it to t14+

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
ED+Cont seems cool, level 85 now. I do feel it's huge weakness is no kind of life/energy shield leech. Is this just me or am I just being dumb, currently trying to take it to t14+
I'm playing with CI (energy shield, 1 life, chaos damage doesn't bypass energy shield) with the support gem energy leech (for essence drain), I'm tanky enough to sometimes stand in place and cast blight which seems to regen ES pretty fast, not sure if it's just essence drain doing the work though.

diablogg

Oct 31, 2017
I'm playing with CI (energy shield, 1 life, chaos damage doesn't bypass energy shield) with the support gem energy leech (for essence drain), I'm tanky enough to sometimes stand in place and cast blight which seems to regen ES pretty fast, not sure if it's just essence drain doing the work though.
Can u link your profile?

Deleted member 34725

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
This is the Luckiest I've ever been in a league by far. I got 2ex while running through the story then a Mirror of Kalanda dropped in a T3 map... first one I've ever had... insane.

Enjoying the league mechanic, especially after not really enjoying syndicate and absolutely hating synthesis.

Also, can anyone add me to the resetera guild if there's room? Current character name is: heyitsguf Thanks!

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
This is the Luckiest I've ever been in a league by far. I got 2ex while running through the story then a Mirror of Kalanda dropped in a T3 map... first one I've ever had... insane.

Enjoying the league mechanic, especially after not really enjoying syndicate and absolutely hating synthesis.

Also, can anyone add me to the resetera guild if there's room? Current character name is: heyitsguf Thanks!

giphy.gif

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA

Yo are you kidding me?

Please tell me you didn't sell it

Congrats, I've played PoE for about 4,000 hours and never seen one.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Haven't sold yet, but I definitely plan on it when prices level out a bit. Not sure what the usual league price is, but currently they're selling for ~68ex it looks like.
I would wait at least until exalts are worth like 140 or 150 chaos, I would imagine you could get 150 exalts at least. Congrats, I am very jelly.

The reason why I ask is because I know a guy who sold a mirror for 50C lol.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
Indeed. Mana reservation skills are broken, someone mentioned leap slam stopped working properly as well.

EDIT: New patch after I typed that, but only a couple of fixes.

Deleted member 3968

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lag has been so bad the last couple days. Died doing the 1st lab this morning when the game teleported me back 3+ screens into a saw blade.

Also had issues with (esp yellow/unique) mobs either being immune to damage and/or just freezing for seconds at a time.

I dunno if it's related or not but half the time I cast contagion then ED and it's like they don't register at all yet my mana keeps getting drained (no MOM) so I'm clearly casting. Doesn't help that early on you're so squishy. I tried using shield charge instead of flame dash but fortify wouldn't proc at all.

I'm curious what all the ED ppl are doing for acendencies. Following the guide TheFatOne posted but I'm not sure why it suggests weave the arcane and swift killer (this seems decent actually) over patient reaper and prolonged pain.

I dunno this league has been fun but this my 3rd char now. Tech slam chiefton was so slow and couldn't do legion stuff well and my cyclone slayer has great damage but so little health he gets 1 shot too much atm. Was following this build:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2071340
Gonna save up respec points to try to build DahBomb posted earlier. Leech doesn't mean much if you have so little health.

ED/contagion seems much smoother than last time I tried it (got nice AOE now on a 4 link) but it still feels weird sometimes and I think I liked soulrend/bane much better.

Dunno how I'm gonna get enough challenges to get to 24. seems they keep taking out the easier one to add tons of grindy ones. Like the pantheon one. Who the hell gets that many divine vessels a league? I usually get 7-10. Then I think about all the crafting stuff and maps and delve etc starting from scratch and I wonder why i'm even doing this. Gonna try to get this char to maps asap and see how it goes but I might be tapping out early this league despite enjoying the new content.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Honestly this league's challenges look WAAAAY better than last league. There are only 4 challenges that look hard to get this time instead of like 8 last league.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious what all the ED ppl are doing for acendencies. Following the guide TheFatOne posted but I'm not sure why it suggests weave the arcane and swift killer (this seems decent actually) over patient reaper and prolonged pain

Weave the Arcane is an insane defensive node with huge mana sustain especially when paired up with MoM.

Swift Killer just makes you move around insanely fast which is great for league start and racing. And just general great for mapping in general.

Usually people pick these two and Prolonged Pain route or they pick them plus Ghost Shroud route because its OP. Contagion ED has enough self scaling damage that investing into speed and defense goes a long way. If you are on shotting legion packs then the next step is simply moving around faster and surviving bigger hits.

Occultist and Trickster were so powerful last league because they had insane defense. They cut down an entire defensive ascendancy node of Occultist but kept Trickster the same and was already a faster option.

Ascendancies these days need a balance of speed, defense and high damage to be viable. If you dont have defense then you better be among the fastest ascendancy. Trickster is simply the most versatile class in the game.

Fina1e

Oct 27, 2017
I ended up farming 4 exalts yesterday. It is amazing how much people will spend for just a normal 6 link chest early in a league.

Deleted member 3968

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I was a soulrend trickster last league or the 1 before. Still if I'm not using MoM and am gonna have >50% mana reserved it seems more damage and the 70% regen/life/ES on kill would be better. I dunno ED seems like it'd be harder to keep ES up then soulrend or occultist though I guess everyone can use wicked ward now.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol I'm stuck at level 91 because I reached tiers 16s and I die at most legion encounters. Just too much stuff stacking.

Man look at this, some horseshit damage on some legion mobs :

Can't read the mods but there's no extra damage as ele and no big crit mods. So.. good shit.
edit :
Players are cursed with Vulnerability

22% increased monster damage

Unique boss deals 25% increased damage

Unique boss has 30% increased attack and cast speed

Unique boss has 35% increased life

Unique boss has 70% increased AoE

And since Aila had ALL his flasks up when he died, literally the only map mod affecting him was the 22% increased monster damage mod.

Last edited: