• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
This might be a dumb question but I'm sitting at 8/10 for Tier 5 maps and I'm out of Tier 5s. Aside from trading what my best bet to work towards these last two? I know I can trade 3 of a lower tier directly connected to get them but I don't have those either.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This might be a dumb question but I'm sitting at 8/10 for Tier 5 maps and I'm out of Tier 5s. Aside from trading what my best bet to work towards these last two? I know I can trade 3 of a lower tier directly connected to get them but I don't have those either.
You can run t4s that are adjacent to those t5 maps that you haven't completed. This will increase you chances of getting them on boss drops.

If a T5 drops that you have already completed thnn you can try to Horizon orb it.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
You can run t4s that are adjacent to those t5 maps that you haven't completed. This will increase you chances of getting them on boss drops.

If a T5 drops that you have already completed thnn you can try to Horizon orb it.

Alright, thanks. Got a 3rd of a previous map to trade up to one but still out of luck on the last one.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
Temple of Azoatl used to be my favorite content but the life of monsters there were balanced around the original values of magic and rare monsters. Now everything is way too tanky and takes ages to kill more than anything else in the game right now IMO.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've started ignoring alva, the rewards are shit 90% of the time unfortunately. Get a T3 cartographer room ? Yay you get one T16 and 3 T7s

Merkunt

Oct 25, 2017
I got this experimenting with fossils today:

N98fPaM.png

Terrible base, not 6-linked but I got it on my first try; Might flip it for a few ex to try and buy a better one, don't think I'll be this lucky the next try.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck, I just lost 3 maps and circa 80% Xp trying to beat the Courthouse map' bosses
Embarrassing

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Running cleave through maps and I'm really happy with the performance. I YOLO'd my Overwhelming Odds jewel in a corruption chamber and I'm pretty happy with the results:
8% Global Critical Strike Chance
5% Increased Area of Effect
added to the base jewel effects.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Big changes coming up in new patch that are much needed.

Legion mobs having their corpses being usable and being frozen is going to open up a lot more builds. Seems like they are looking into the accuracy issue with certain skills like Bladestorm and Ele Hit so they should perform much better. And improving visibility on Legion mobs.

Seems like they want to improve the number of on kill effects on first phase of Legion but can't do for all as there are technical limitations. Hopefully they can cover a lot of it because this combined with the technical issues has put a damper on an otherwise great league.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
No idea what is going on. PoE just started crashing constantly. Just rebooted my computer and reloaded the game, logged on my character and it immediately just crashed to desktop. The fuuuuuck.

diablogg

Oct 31, 2017
You suck!!! I'm 5/5 on failed annuls on mine with T1 NACD. I also dont think 60% is for one handers? think max is in the upper 40s iirc.
how these guys crafting these?
  • 42% increased Spell Damage
  • +36% to Non-Ailment Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier??
  • craftedCan have multiple Crafted Modifiers
  • crafted25% increased Damage over Time
  • crafted65% increased Chaos Damage
  • crafted12% increased Cast Speed
  • craftedChaos Skills have 12% increased Skill Effect Duration
  • crafted10% chance to gain Arcane Surge when you Kill an Enemy

Telaso

Oct 25, 2017
how these guys crafting these?
  • 42% increased Spell Damage
  • +36% to Non-Ailment Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier??
  • craftedCan have multiple Crafted Modifiers
  • crafted25% increased Damage over Time
  • crafted65% increased Chaos Damage
  • crafted12% increased Cast Speed
  • craftedChaos Skills have 12% increased Skill Effect Duration
  • crafted10% chance to gain Arcane Surge when you Kill an Enemy

Guess I was wrong about the Chaos Damage then.

Ya i need two of these....

diablogg

Oct 31, 2017
Yea I been buying veiled weps for past couple hours, I almost got level 3 60+chaos/10+increeased duration and level 3 12cast speed/10%arcane surge on kill

diablogg

Oct 31, 2017
Guess I was wrong about the Chaos Damage then.

Ya i need two of these....

You were actually right about the chaos damage, the rank 3 is 46%-50% chaos + 11%-12% skill effect duration, then u also pick up the 13-16% chaos in the suffix.

Playing Legion Softcore?? If so we gonna be friends :D

Yea I'm on softcore legion. Just need a few more veiled suffix wands and i should have the rank 3 cast speed/arcane surge suffix

If anyone needs help with those dumbass veiled mods for wands I'm finally done. I dumped like 80c-100c into veiled crap.
@ragnarsired softcore legion on pc*

IaqZOgul.png

Last edited:

Deleted member 3968

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
K I've had 2 disconnects today after nothing all league. lost a map and all the drops. 2nd was at the menagerie which thankfully kept the bisco's collar I got but nothing else.

This shit needs to be fixed asap. It's way worse then a crash if you lose everything. Also had the game freeze and/or go frame by frame in a delve no less. Nearly died. never seen that before. had lag/desync but that was so bad.

Also has anyone else had horrid luck with trials? I've done almost 40 maps now and I've literally seen 2 in that span. Total.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Build diversity in Legion is reaching to be worse than Synthesis with Cyclone at a whooping 47% of players playing it with Slayer making up 41%. Winter Orb was over 50% but the classes were more diverse.

One would think that Slayer is OP here but that's not really the case.... Slayer is simply the best class to exploit Cyclone and Cyclone is used like 60% on some of the other melee classes anyway like Berserker. It really is Cyclone league. Probably going to get nerfed hard for next league (it's probably going to be the AOE, it's kinda strange that Cyclone has two methods of scaling AOE while other melee skills don't).

Trickster at #2 with 21% played and Essence Contagion builds make up 16%. Top 5 classes are still entirely dominated by melee classes like Gladiator, Berserker and Champion but Gladiator seems to be falling off quickly in percentages while other classes catch up like Deadeye. But I would be curious to see the stats on Melee classes and builds if Cyclone was removed from the equation.

Other builds that are in the top 20:

Tornado Shot
Toxic Rain
Scourge Arrow
Double Strike
Blade Storm
Elemental Hit
Ice Nova
Bane
Lacerate
Lightning Trap
Blade Flurry
Earthquake
Molten Burst
Tectonic Slam
Frost Blades
Soulrend
Spectre
Arc
Reave
Winter Orb

Stats taken from POE Ninja (a good source of tracking top tier/meta builds in the current state of the league although many builds are WIP as you can imagine):

poe.ninja

poe.ninja

Explore economy and build overviews for the action role-playing game Path of Exile.

Last edited:

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Build diversity in Legion is reaching to be worse than Synthesis with Cyclone at a whooping 47% of players playing it with Slayer making up 41%. Winter Orb was over 50% but the classes were more diverse.

One would think that Slayer is OP here but that's not really the case.... Slayer is simply the best class to exploit Cyclone and Cyclone is used like 60% on some of the other melee classes anyway like Berserker. It really is Cyclone league. Probably going to get nerfed hard for next league (it's probably going to be the AOE, it's kinda strange that Cyclone has two methods of scaling AOE while other melee skills don't).

Trickster at #2 with 21% played and Essence Contagion builds make up 16%. Top 5 classes are still entirely dominated by melee classes like Gladiator, Berserker and Champion but Gladiator seems to be falling off quickly in percentages while other classes catch up like Deadeye. But I would be curious to see the stats on Melee classes and builds if Cyclone was removed from the equation.

Other builds that are in the top 20:

Tornado Shot
Toxic Rain
Scourge Arrow
Double Strike
Blade Storm
Elemental Hit
Ice Nova
Bane
Lacerate
Lightning Trap
Blade Flurry
Earthquake
Molten Burst
Tectonic Slam
Frost Blades
Soulrend
Spectre
Arc
Reave
Winter Orb

Stats taken from POE Ninja (a good source of tracking top tier/meta builds in the current state of the league although many builds are WIP as you can imagine):

poe.ninja

poe.ninja

Explore economy and build overviews for the action role-playing game Path of Exile.

Yeah, I feel kind of dirty being part of the cylcone meta but at least I'm playing a specific gimmick offshoot (ngahamu's flame fire chieftain)

Now that I have uber lab unlocked I'm trying to nail down want I want to try as a 2nd char. I'm leaning towards frost blade assassin, but I'm not really set on anything yet. I've never played a bow build or trap build so I might try to find something along those lines.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't feel dirty at all. Might as well get the Cyclone in before it's nerfed anyway.

Though I am close to being done on my Cyclone character so I will be playing a couple of other builds. Lots of underrated builds that will get better once the bugs and mechanics are ironed out.

Also for Frost Blades you really want Berserker over Assassin. Unless you are going for the Herald of Ice proliferate shenanigans.

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm playing both a Cyclone/Slayer and Tornado Shot/Ice Shot Deadeye.

Deadeye cold build with Voidfletcher is a lot of fun but somewhat squishy when you get to maps. I am back to Slayer for now to build more currency and craft for the Deadeye which will probably be my main build of the league. I'm not going to try and roll +1 arrow on the Voidfletcher though because fuck that.

Telaso

Oct 25, 2017
You were actually right about the chaos damage, the rank 3 is 46%-50% chaos + 11%-12% skill effect duration, then u also pick up the 13-16% chaos in the suffix.

Yea I'm on softcore legion. Just need a few more veiled suffix wands and i should have the rank 3 cast speed/arcane surge suffix

If anyone needs help with those dumbass veiled mods for wands I'm finally done. I dumped like 80c-100c into veiled crap.
@ragnarsired softcore legion on pc*

IaqZOgul.png

I will definitely hit you up when I have a bow worthy of multi-modding.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Spectral Shield Throw is a lot of fun but apparently 97% chance to hit apparently means like 50% since its missing constantly. I had to grab some accuracy to get to 100 so I could consistently hit things.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Spectral Shield Throw is a lot of fun but apparently 97% chance to hit apparently means like 50% since its missing constantly. I had to grab some accuracy to get to 100 so I could consistently hit things.
It's currently bugged like many other attack based skills. They claim they have a fix for it and should be rolling out within the week.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
It's currently bugged like many other attack based skills. They claim they have a fix for it and should be rolling out within the week.

Yeah, heard about that. I was just bummed because I snagged Daresso's sword and it bumped the damage up quite a bit but it was basically unusable until I grabbed some Accuracy.

Unrelated it looks like most Deadeyes are going with cold conversion SST but I've been doing physical with impale. Its been a lot of fun.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know they could just make the "hits can't be evaded" craft fucking cheap, it still takes an affix yknow. But nah it has to be 3 ex.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
So I think I've taken Cleave as far as I want to go with it and the new character itch is hitting me. What's a fun skill besides ED/Contagion and Cyclone (I like and have played both, looking for something different)?

My biggest criteria is having a cool MTX and being fun to play throughout the leveling and mapping experience.
I'm not opposed to running something I've run in the past but I'm blanking on starting a new guy.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Berseker Frostblades is pretty fun. Going to be a lot more fun when Legion mobs will be freezable after the patch.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
It's too bad Power Siphon builds don't appear to be a thing. I got a level 21, quality 23 corrupted one from legion mobs.

diablogg

Oct 31, 2017
Well, I may have never found a Mirror, but I suppose I found the next best thing. Thanks Stacked Decks!
yawVAADm.jpg

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's too bad Power Siphon builds don't appear to be a thing. I got a level 21, quality 23 corrupted one from legion mobs.
Vaal Power Siphon is very strong against Legion. Vaal PS used to be a build not too long ago, can probably still make one with Pathfinder.

How's the FrostBlades MTX look in action? for some reason their preview vids never give me enough to go on. Loved Frostblades during delve so I'm good with an excuse to go back.
Not really a fan of the FB MTX but there are so many cool Herald of Ice MTXes that are more satisfying. Especially Gore HoI.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I haven't played in many moons but I've just jumped back in and I'm thinking about dropping some cash as frankly you look fucking garbage if you don't, even at max level and I have a question, if I buy the Cult of Apocalypse Pack will I get two weapon glows or just one? I'm playing a DW character so it would suck to only get one.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played in many moons but I've just jumped back in and I'm thinking about dropping some cash as frankly you look fucking garbage if you don't, even at max level and I have a question, if I buy the Cult of Apocalypse Pack will I get two weapon glows or just one? I'm playing a DW character so it would suck to only get one.

Whenever I apply one to my mainhand it applies to both.