• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Telaso

Oct 25, 2017
I'm at 10/10 on failed 50% chance annuls this league so far. There is a .09% chance of that happening... and it happened...

I wonder if annuls actually are weighted higher toward rarer mods or something. Its really disheartening so far because what I want isn't that crazy...

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Had a couple of ex drop so I spent one on the enlighten gem, otherwise it won't have levelled up before the next league starts.

Meanwhile... Starforge going rate is around 23ex. D:

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
How often do the areas change on the atlas? Needing a T8 elder map but it seems like it hasn't moved from its current position for ages.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Shield Charge has to be the most infuriating ability for me. The amount of things that it gets caught on makes me feel like I'm better off using nothing. I just end up using Leap Slam instead.

I've spent about 70 bucks on PoE, and about 30 of that has been cosmetics. Every league I have about three tabs I don't use. I'd call the cost to play the endgame more than fair personally.

However

The MTX costs are fucking absurd. It's like 30 bucks for a helmet, no thanks.

I will say doing endgame maps without a map tab would be infuriating. If they stacked it'd be less of a problem but man, the ability to sort them is huge.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Shield Charge has to be the most infuriating ability for me. The amount of things that it gets caught on makes me feel like I'm better off using nothing. I just end up using Leap Slam instead.

I will say doing endgame maps without a map tab would be infuriating. If they stacked it'd be less of a problem but man, the ability to sort them is huge.
Yeah, currency tab, map tab, 4-5 premium tabs are really all you need. Though I would recommend getting the div card and essence tabs too just for quality of life. I think I have like 5 or 6 premium tabs aside from the special ones and that's more than enough. I doubt I spent more than 40 or 50 for all that, which I feel is more than fair, considering I've played the game for like 5 years now

Mamoniadas

Oct 25, 2017
not loving this cyclone shot build i got. i have a lvl 20 maurader sitting here that i might turn into RF chieftain.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Bladestorm feels pretty good now. Though I doubt people would go back to it after Cyclone, it's actually pretty good especially now that people should realize that this is a skill you should be using with 2h weapons not 1h.

PSA: Pay attention to any item, Sarab or prophecy that generates Torment spirit. There is a Sextant mod that makes Tormented spirits drop Scarabs. By stacking a bunch of Tormented spirits on to a map with this mod, you can end up with a ton of Scarabs. Expect Torment spirit related prophecies and Scarabs to go up in price.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Bladestorm feels pretty good now. Though I doubt people would go back to it after Cyclone, it's actually pretty good especially now that people should realize that this is a skill you should be using with 2h weapons not 1h.

PSA: Pay attention to any item, Sarab or prophecy that generates Torment spirit. There is a Sextant mod that makes Tormented spirits drop Scarabs. By stacking a bunch of Tormented spirits on to a map with this mod, you can end up with a ton of Scarabs. Expect Torment spirit related prophecies and Scarabs to go up in price.

I was actually wondering how Bladestorm was doing after the fix. It seems like a really cool skill but compared to Cyclone its far more work so, like you said, I doubt a ton of people will be swapping off of it.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Before I quit playing I was getting my Enlightened hideout decorations from Elreon, Loremaster but apparently, he's no longer in the game, how would I go about getting decorations for this tileset now?

diablogg

Oct 31, 2017
Nice, finally beat uber elder + uber shaper fight for my first time. Was a bit easier than I was expecting. I've been super f'n lucky this season. I'm 3/3 on Watcher's Eye Jewels including this uber fight. The two times I've annuled rares I got rid of the thing I wanted. I got a House of Mirrors card a little bit ago and earlier in the season I also got a The Doctor card from stacked decks.
bjecbH9m.jpg
XxiI3TGm.jpg

If anyone needs help with uber elder send me a PM, I died 3 times but I think I can get better with practice.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Man that is some impressive league luck especially given how much rarer they have made HH/Doctor cards this league.

Managed to kill Shaper and a bunch of end game kills last night (red Elder, his guardians, 2 Enriched Breach bosses, LVL80+ Lich, Atziri, bunch of Safehouses/Temples and Delved into 80+ monster level). I somehow always manage to die on Elder's final explosion phase and Tul when he starts breathing ice pretty much every league.

Time to set up a proper T16 Elder strat and start farming for GG Jeweled Foils to take on Uber Elder and 4-5 Way Conflict. I have been selling off my Karui/Timeless/Vaal fragments though because I get them frequently enough anyway.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
I need to figure out how to gear a bit better. I never really know how to prioritize and then I worry I'm making the wrong choice so I don't spend my currency.

diablogg

Oct 31, 2017
I need to figure out how to gear a bit better. I never really know how to prioritize and then I worry I'm making the wrong choice so I don't spend my currency.

Yea it's a hard balance to learn, I used to obsess like every 5-7 levels on upgrades and trading which was a mistake and now I just use whatever I find as I'm leveling UNLESS I hit a significant wall. Then once you hit endgame, I'm usually happy once I get a 5 link armor (6 links are nice, but you could dump loads of fusings into an armor without hitting.) From there it's more about figuring out what's most cost effective upgrade for ya.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
lvl 77 Deadeye Spectral Shield Throw the single target damage is trash, had to summon someone to kill a monster in an Essence. I can unfreeze Legion mobs but can kill them
Xeteh what is your single target setup?

I loved that skill before they broke it. Can you show what a good 2H axe for Bladestorm looks like? I have a generic 1H axe Gladiator can easily respect to 2H

Wolfgunblood

Dec 1, 2017
The Land
I'm on my 5th time around leveling a build, and this one in this league for whatever reason has been so much easier than the rest. I'm running a Smite + Ancestral Call + Shockwave build and it is melting everything, single targets, whatever. One shots almost get me but not quite- I still flask out of those when on my other builds I would get squished. I suppose I'm getting lucky hitting the right passive nodes and using the right gear. I don't use guides and I barely know what I'm doing. I'm almost through the acts with this one, looking forward to maps. My other builds in synth league was pretty rough in end game, I would get one shotted all the time at bosses in maps.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
I never learn. Tried to play chicken with Izaro in Uber Lab. I died with him having like 1% HP left. Was my first death on that character too.

lvl 77 Deadeye Spectral Shield Throw the single target damage is trash, had to summon someone to kill a monster in an Essence. I can unfreeze Legion mobs but can kill them

Are you doing cold or physical damage? I haven't had much issue with single target on either, gearing/leveling the cold one right now. I haven't been swapping gems because I'm lazy but for cold it has been Cold Pen, Energy Leech, Elemental Damage With Attacks, Vicious Projectiles and Hypothermia. For my physical Deadeye its been Pierce, Impale, Brutality, Maim and Vicious Projectiles.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
Are you doing cold or physical damage? I haven't had much issue with single target on either, gearing/leveling the cold one right now. I haven't been swapping gems because I'm lazy but for cold it has been Cold Pen, Energy Leech, Elemental Damage With Attacks, Vicious Projectiles and Hypothermia. For my physical Deadeye its been Pierce, Impale, Brutality, Maim and Vicious Projectiles.

Playing cold, will try your setup

Full commit on SST, I just bought a 6L Lioneye's Vision for 2 exa, 40 C, 2 annul, 15 vaal and one divine. Nothing left...

200 coins for a shield MTX lol

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

I loved that skill before they broke it. Can you show what a good 2H axe for Bladestorm looks like? I have a generic 1H axe Gladiator can easily respect to 2H
They never broke it IIRC it just always did lower than intended damage on first hit and that combined with the accuracy issue made it so that you weren't really doing damage until you had the storms stacked up and cap accuracy.

Gladiator isnt optimum with Bladestorm, you should just ascendancy switch to Slayer which is amazing for Bladestorm (bigger AOE, synergy for 2Hs, easier to go crit). As far as Axe go you want to go for crit but as a Slayer you can make anything work for crit. People generally use Sinvecta's unique Axe as a starter then get an Atziris Disfavour but a 2H Rare Axe with Fortify support and high pDPS is the best.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
I swear that Generals have a 100% chance to spawn on the opposite side you chose. I was really hoping they'd point them out on maps, I've only seen a handful and it is almost always Hyrri.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In it's simplest terms it's, does this piece of gear give me a tangible upgrade to my build, does it increase my ehp or attack without affecting anything else, or, do I have enough currency to increase its potency.

Rufus

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Import your build into Path of Building and then paste whatever item you're eyeing into it (you can copy the JSON data in GGG's official indexer at least). It's a good way to gauge what impact and upgrade might have.

LvrlATI.png

The symbol in the bottom left corner is how you copy it. Then you create a custom item in PoB (type doesn't matter) and just CTRL+V that into it. It'll immediately compare it against whatever you have in the slot. (I should have picked a rare to demosntrate this, but whatever.)

Last edited:

ButtButt

Oct 30, 2017
Quick stupid question here... for the new stance gems Flesh and Stone and Blood and Sand, you can't use the 20% quality recipe on it at max level? So the only way to 20% quality is using 20 GCPs? Is this intended? Is it even worth it? lol

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been out of the loop for a week or so, I always seem to go away for a couple of weeks at the beginning of a new league, bad timing!.

How's the league going? Any interesting discoveries or news?

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
My Deadeye Spectral Shield Throw is garbage, I messed up the tree and I don't have enough currency to respec. I will play Mathil's Infernal Blow Str Stack Berserker

I will use the gear of my mediocre Gladiator and maybe sell my 6L Lioneye's Vision

I've been out of the loop for a week or so, I always seem to go away for a couple of weeks at the beginning of a new league, bad timing!.

Or not, you don't have to deal with bugs and crashes
Trading is really bad

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
What have you guys been using Ancient Orbs on in 3.7?
I never use Ancient Orbs, I sell them. You will usually always make a profit at 8C per.

Back in the day you could guarantee Lyocsidae with another shield due to item level which sky rocketed the Anicient Orb prices.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Yea a lot of economic discoveries have been made as well as meta shifts. More people starting to farm 5 way emblems, discover the power of the new jewels, forgotten items like Paradoxica/Rathalsa and various economic stuff. More people are starting to use Tornado Shot builds to farm Legion.

The only issue I have with the league (aside from bugs related to Multistrike and relative power of Impale/Cyclone AOE) is related to the "gain Rare monster attribute kill" affix on Inspired Learning and Headhunter. It has now warped the economy of the game, made HH the most expensive item in the game (aside from like triple Pride Watchers Eye I guess) and inflated prices of emblems and deflated prices of jewel. Divide between have and have not has never been greater. Luckily there are numerous ways to create money in the game for various players so its fine. People who are savvy can make a lot of money without even HH. You can make a lot of money running Uber Atziris and Shaper/Uber elder for example.

I have been having a lot of fun in the league lately.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
So I have a handful of the emblems for Legion but I haven't used any yet. I need to level up my Ranger a bit more and look in to how it all works so I don't waste them.

Also, I've been working on the atlas without trading maps... now that I'm up to tier 11 I guess I should probably wait on doing the bonus objective for the atlas until I get another version of the map since corrupting it can change it. That'll be annoying.

Deleted member 3968

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a clear difference/upgrade between Terminus Est and Kondo's Pride for a cyclone slayer? The latter has a bit more damage but is slower and I'd need to add blood rage to get frenzy charges. Would I need different gems too?

I've been following the guide dahbomb posted and I'm not sure more raw damage makes up for not leeching on crit.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Terminus Est is fine, you just drop the Overwhelm node if you are using Terminus Est. Can also use Doomsower.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
The re-roll mod values and split an item into two beast craft mods... how do these work? After making the kill do you need to present the item straight away or do you get some kind of "voucher" to use on any item?

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
These idiots putting up items on the trade and then setting their DND to nonsense like "lol trading in 2019". GGG should perma ban them.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Playing Frost Blades Berserker and holy shit is this fun. Thanks Dahbomb for the suggestion.

Can anyone tell me how Rite of Ruin works in practice?
Rite of Ruin said:
Effects granted for having Rage are Tripled
Cannot be Stunned while you have at least 25 Rage
Lose 0.1% of maximum Life per second per Rage while you are not losing Rage

You cap out at 50 Rage meaning you lose up to 5% max life per second while hitting/being hit by things. Is this damage something you can mitigate outside of leech/regen? Similar to using physical damage reduction to manage Blood Rage's degen? In practice is Rite of Ruin's degen actually a problem? I'm waffling between taking this node and the Pain Reaver node. I know on paper Rite of Ruin is better but I'm not sure it's worth the risk in practice.