• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Decided to make an elder serrated chest on a whim
Bought a ilv86 for 15c
Bought a few perfect fossils
First fossil hits 30% quality
Spend 200 jewellers getting 6 sockets
Craft 18% quality on it
Only got 55 fuses but to hell with it
Actually hit the 6L in 33 fuses
Buy a few serrated and pristines
3 fossils in :

1561659585-serrated.png

I've never managed to six link anything. I spend a couple hundred fuses and then feel like I'm wasting my currency and stop. That's crazy though.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to make an elder serrated chest on a whim
Bought a ilv86 for 15c
Bought a few perfect fossils
First fossil hits 30% quality
Spend 200 jewellers getting 6 sockets
Craft 18% quality on it
Only got 55 fuses but to hell with it
Actually hit the 6L in 33 fuses
Buy a few serrated and pristines
3 fossils in :

1561659585-serrated.png

Hi, I would like to buy your Plague Wrap Gladiator Plate in Legion (stash tab "Don't need these"; position: left 1, top 1) for my one exalt :)

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Going to be taking on Uber Elder tomorrow. This is on my Slayer Bladestorm character (dual wield since I league started though more optimal is 2h). So far havent had any issues on the end game bosses yet. No deaths on Shaper, Uber Atziri/Atziri, Uber Izaro, 3 of the Shaper Guardians and all the red Elder Guardians. No deaths on most of the Breachlords, 3-4 way timeless conflicts, Abyssal liches and two Delve bosses (one Vaal and one Abyss).

Died once to Red Elder on his final overlapping explosions attack. I always manage to die on that every league at least once. Once to a Chimera during the cloud phase, another classic. And then once to Pure Tul Breachlord during his ice spam phase. All 3 were avoidable of course.

Damage is pretty good and for the Uber Elder fight I will be speccing temporarily into Brutal Fervor and using Kaom's Roots to counter the degen and slows. Otherwise damage has been great on the builds thanks to Impale.

After I beat U.Elder, I will either start farming T16 City Squares to build up currency or start on one of three builds. EQ Crit Slayer, Wild Strike Berserker (with dual Rebuke of Vaals) or an unkillable Divine Flesh double Nebuloch Conc Path Juggernaut.

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I have enjoyed this league pretty greatly so far. I've played an unhealthy amount but eh. Rolled a perfect life, attack speed, critical muiltiplier jewel today with 1 transmute, 1 aug, 1 regal today so thats pretty nice. And a scouring.

My brother got The Doctor to drop leveling a new build too in Burial Chambers, the fuck.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'm having trouble deciding which melee build I want. Why is everybody's life so low? I'm nervous witching over to melee coming from 8.7k ES/Trickster..

I see people running around with 5.5-6K HP. I mean physical reduction and all that but... for real?

I don't wanna be squishy whatsoever and I want a hard hitting and safe build that can clear.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm having trouble deciding which melee build I want. Why is everybody's life so low? I'm nervous witching over to melee coming from 8.7k ES/Trickster..

I see people running around with 5.5-6K HP. I mean physical reduction and all that but... for real?

I don't wanna be squishy whatsoever and I want a hard hitting and safe build that can clear.

6k is low?

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hard to go over 6-6.5k life if you're not playing starforge+kaom's or something like that
Play RF, it's not melee but you can pretend

diablogg

Oct 31, 2017

I'm used to glass cannon archer builds, 6k life is TANKY af lol

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I really hate the -10% XP death penalty, it just makes me want to log off when I die and lose so much time. At least it's not 15% any more I guess.

Deleted member 28474

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm sitting on 5K life with my Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades/Blade Flurry Trickster. It is scary (especially with Her Embrace debuff but it isn't that bad), but SO MUCH gets frozen from Frost Blades I really haven't been dying much at all.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Trickster is kinda absurdly tanky to be honest especially since the rework.

6K life is considered average for melee builds. Its not that easy to get that much higher unless you use Kaom's gear and/Or strength stacking. Though life and ES isn't a 1 to 1 comparison. Leech is better on life and you also have life pots and stuff.

You also have more types of defenses. Cyclone builds tend to have like perma fortify and infused channeling gives further phys reduction. Flesh and Stone is great for melee, they can swap to turn it into damage. Life on hit is fairly strong as well if you have a multi hitting build. And all the armour bonuses, Vaal Molten Shell which is busted, endurance charge generation, high life regeneration, Soul of steel, Adrenaline, Berserk and better defensive options through Timeless jewels.

I have a build with Divine Flesh and Juggernaut that is virtually unkillable. Damage is around 500k so not that high but it's hard to find something tankier especially from caster non Guardian builds.

Otherwise Starforge plus Kaoms you can get easily over 8K HP. But Starforges are faiely expensive (they come with +100 HP roll). On a budget its hard to beat the tankyness of Juggernaut though... maybe like an Earthquake Juggernaut can serve you well.

The best tanky nelee player to follow is Alkaizer. This guy consistently makes level 100 in Hardcore leagues playing melee. Just dont follow his Molten Strike builds because they are nerfed now.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Well, this is the furthest I've gotten so far, currently level 89 Frost Blades Gladiator. I've fully cleared map tier 1-10 and I've done a bunch of higher ones. I find I can get one shoot by certain stuff still, I've died way too many times today, although 3 of those was due to lag. I really want to hit 90 as I'll get a fat 10% Life node which I need.

diablogg

Oct 31, 2017
Well I got locked out of my steam account today because my steamguard app wasn't throwing up a code (it was only showing like a shield icon.) So i reinstalled the app and when I reinstalled, it asked me for my steamguard code lol. Thank god I can play this game from the standalone launcher or I'd be upset this Saturday.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Trickster is kinda absurdly tanky to be honest especially since the rework.

6K life is considered average for melee builds. Its not that easy to get that much higher unless you use Kaom's gear and/Or strength stacking. Though life and ES isn't a 1 to 1 comparison. Leech is better on life and you also have life pots and stuff.

You also have more types of defenses. Cyclone builds tend to have like perma fortify and infused channeling gives further phys reduction. Flesh and Stone is great for melee, they can swap to turn it into damage. Life on hit is fairly strong as well if you have a multi hitting build. And all the armour bonuses, Vaal Molten Shell which is busted, endurance charge generation, high life regeneration, Soul of steel, Adrenaline, Berserk and better defensive options through Timeless jewels.

I have a build with Divine Flesh and Juggernaut that is virtually unkillable. Damage is around 500k so not that high but it's hard to find something tankier especially from caster non Guardian builds.

Otherwise Starforge plus Kaoms you can get easily over 8K HP. But Starforges are faiely expensive (they come with +100 HP roll). On a budget its hard to beat the tankyness of Juggernaut though... maybe like an Earthquake Juggernaut can serve you well.

The best tanky nelee player to follow is Alkaizer. This guy consistently makes level 100 in Hardcore leagues playing melee. Just dont follow his Molten Strike builds because they are nerfed now.
Thanks a lot for this info. I'm lvl 71 right now, going well.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know what it is about this game but dying makes me feel like I fucked my character up or something. I'm so disappointed when I die, feels like I failed. Which is weird because D3 is an easier game and I couldn't care less when I'd die in that game.

Deleted member 3968

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You don't lose hrs of progress in D3 if you die so that's why.

Speaking of the lag/desync is so bad now I can die in t3-4 maps.

Just trying to grind out 3 more challenges then I'm done with this game for a while I think.

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
Is this game friendly for new players? I downloaded it on PS4 and like it enough that I'm considering the "full PC experience", but it seems a little overwhelming to get into this late in the game. Should I just write it off, or is it worth jumping into?

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Is this game friendly for new players? I downloaded it on PS4 and like it enough that I'm considering the "full PC experience", but it seems a little overwhelming to get into this late in the game. Should I just write it off, or is it worth jumping into?
If you are a fan of ARPGs like Diablo 2 then this is peak when it comes to mechanics, content, active player base, build diversity and support from developers. Its also the best model of F2P in todays market so you lose nothing (except your time) when getting into the game.

Right now is the right time to get into a new league after most of the bugs have been ironed out and the mechanics have been figured out. There usually isnt a better time now (couple of weeks into a league) for brand new players.

Difficulty of the game comes in its mechanics and huge swath of content. Easy to get lost if you dont follow a tried and tested build guide. Also trading in the game can be cumbersome. But the game will scratch your itch for loot based game play, character customization and end game content.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a beginner's guide or FAQ that you'd recommend I read?
Anything by Engineering Eternity on YT is great. But the in game tutorial is actually pretty great, it's just a lot of reading involved. Many people ignore it but I actually found it quite nice as a person who has been playing it for years. It explains some really obtuse mechanics like differences between global and local modifiers as well as increased vs more. You unlock more tips as you progress through the game.

Generally combination of POE wiki, YT guides, POE Reddit discord (link in POE Reddit) and in-game guide will be enough to get you through if you are also following a build guide. Just make sure whatever build you plan to follow gets approved by someone knowledgeable, lots of crap and outdated stuff out there.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm going with this Ranger build starting out.

www.pathofexile.com

Ranger - [3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth - Forum - Path of Exile

Path of Exile is a free online-only action RPG under development by Grinding Gear Games in New Zealand.
I would recommend instead going for Pathfinder Toxic Rain. It's a very similar build just... better in most regards.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Just killed the Shaper for the first time ever, even though I've played for 2 years lol. Well, I won the lottery this time. He dropped a Memeforge, which I 6 socketed in 6 jeweler's orbs, and 6 linked in 10 (really) fusings. It's a day of firsts. First shaper, first time 6 linking an item. May Divine spam it later, but as is it's apparenty 16 or 17 exalts! Woop

Edit: 6 divines later and it's 495% phys and 8% attack speed (only 93 life tho), and about 20ex

Last edited:

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I got a couple of shitty boots from my Shaper kills lol. Starforge much rarer drop this league so congrats on the double RNG luck (first the drop then the 6 link luck).

Deleted member 3968

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
K def glad I just got 24 challenges.

Trying to transfer the gems I bought/flasks etc from my unused ED char for my new bow char and I literally can't without the game freezing in town. like I can move the flasks from my belt to my inv but then the ppl freeze and I can't click on anything.

JFC GGG fix your shit FFS

Think I'm done with this league. Shame. great content ruined by bugs/tech issues.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Power creep, more sources of drops and speed farming has made certain uniques too accessible. Kaom's Heart a super in demand chase unique starts league at 5-6 exalts, now less than 2 exalts.

The biggest insult is Shavronnes worth less than 8 chaos. This used to be worth 6 ex like a year or so ago.

Skyforths the ULTIMATE caster boot chase unique... not even an exalt. These things used to be 20+ exalts!

The only stuff that is expensive is boss restricted items and very rare league uniques. Starforge and Disfavour but only this patch due to there finally being builds that can use their strengths and be worthwhile. League items like Farruls Fur, Rigwalds and Xophs Blood retain their high price but it's not as high as they once were. Most chase uniques are relegated to high RNG dependent drops like Auls necklace, Watchers Eye and Precursor rings.

And at the opposite spectrum rests Inspired Learning and Headhunter. Warping the games economy around them to a level we never have seen before. I honestly feel like this might be the tipping point for when GGG addresses it. Either they rework Legion timeless encounter or they change how the rare stealing mechanic works. The two together are not healthy for the game whatsoever.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
I think after this league Headhunter will have an impact on how GGG can design content for the majority of players. Considering that Legion is a very successful league (as far as I know anyway), I can definitely see Headhunter finally being nerfed so they can continue to make more content just like it.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Headhunter when it came out was a 30C item. Back then the game was far different and HH felt perfectly in line with the type of game play of PoE at the time.

It gave a lot of attack speed/damage/extra phys as elemental along with stuff like Shroud Walker... that got you instantly killed if you didn't build your character around certain mechanics. Rare monsters could spawn with elemental or physical reflect, you could one shot yourself. It was a high risk, high reward item.. certainly in line with PoE item design.

HH is actually not that good in slow, non elemental capable of builds. It doesnt work as well on ED Contagion as it does on Tornado Shot. It's also worse on certain maps versus others and very dependent on mob types and density. Back then there were far less ways to juice up maps.. basically just Sextants and prophecies. Now we have Scarabs, Elder/Shaper influence and more powerful league mechanics that add even more rare enemies to the map.

Speed of characters has been steadily increasing over time as well. Before Raider was considered the fastest ascendancy.. Now you have Deadeye and Gladiator who cam be faster than the entire Ascendancy of Raider with just 2 Ascendancy nodes. So characters are faster, skill balance has turned up skill power level (look at current Cyclone vs old Cyclone) and maps are denser ever since the Atlas rework.

But really the tipping point started with Breach IMO which started to greatly emphasize clear speed and killing rare packs fast. Breach added lots more mobs to maps which further increased the power level of HH. At this point HH was still a risk but the main thing is that Breach was the point where players started to play way more softcore vs hardcore. With reflect immunity items you can by pass the drawback of HH and take the occasional shroud walker death too if you were in soft core.

Legacy league compounded this further. Now you could juicy up maps with Beyond plus Breach and other non sense for huge HH buffs. Sextants were really rampant and you could actually get TRIPLE BEYOND maps (legacy stone, Sextant and on map). Because league mechanics were everywhere and we had time reliwuary keys, hH were still fairly accessible though still expensive (I remember HH being more expensive than skyforths but not orders of magnitude more).

Then came Harbinger league with the 10 Acts. Harbinger introduced t16 Beachheads which you can imagine gets exploited by HH even further as the end game encounter of Harbinger was nothing but fighting a crap ton of rare monsters. This league also introduced Pantheons which allow you to further mitigate the reflect drawback of HH. I believe we also had some Ascendancy reworks here which further increased the power level of characters which just helps HH even more (either this league or next league they reworked Ascendancies).

In abyss league we had the Atlas rework which meant more density and juiced up maps. Abyss itself also spawned a ton of rare monsters. So all these league mechanics are starting to pile up. You could encounter Abyss, Breach and Beyond in a single map super juicing up HH.

Bestiary, Incursion and Delve all had tons of rare monsters. Delve was made a joke with HH and Zerphis Heart. Around this time they also removed reflect damage from regular maps, essentially removing the last gate keeper for HH and at this point HH demand just kept going up. Incursion had the powerful Vaal rework so now you could more easily clear packs by tapping a single button. Somewhere along this time we also got Solstice Vigil which allows players to have HH buff for longer and also use self curse Temp chains (popular strategy in delve).

People remember the tough unique syndicate members from Syndicate but many Syndicate encounters also spawned a ton of rare monsters to juice up HH. But Syndicate more specifically added superior bench crafting system (increasing power level of HH) which allowed certain affixes to really synergies with HH. Scarabs also made HH out of control for obvious reasons though by this time they had also fixed Sextant blocking and limited Sextants on the map (you could still attain similar densities but less consistently). Also Pure Breachstones were HUGE for HH.

Synthesis was an awkward league but synthesis items are potentially busted for HH builds. We haven't really optimized it yet because Synthesis isnt going core yet but there may be a time that something outrageous comes out of it for HH.

HH became godlike for two things at this point. Power leveling to lvl100 by farming high yield encounters like pure Breachstones, Beachheads and juiced up maps. Making more currency of course by playing faster. However up until this point HH didnt give you more yield per instance run versus someone not running HH... you just did it faster.

In legion, the power level of HH is at its peak. More ascendancy reworks mean faster characters and stronger skills as well like Cyclone. The final league encounter involves many rare monsters and the encounter doesnt drop a set amount of loot... It's only limited by the speed of your build. And in speed... HH is the one true God. When optimizing for Legion 5 way fight... you aren't optimizing your build you are optimizing HH for max rewards. Solstice Vigil, self curse temporal chains combined with massive curse effectiveness from new Timeless Vaal jewels allows you to have near hundred HH buffs on you. It's gotten so ludicrous that players have to play on ultra wild screen just so they can see their character and the loot reward bar (because on normal monitors it only displays 5 bars of rewards). This has now created the biggest divide in haves versus have nots and has warped the entire game economy around a single item and mechanic. You cannot run a 5 way encounter without HH and hope to make profit... the market has adjusted around HH farming. Even the HH build items are warping the economy. I personally have never seem a bigger divide between prices of Chase items... you can go from 20 EX item to less than am Exalt in the same category of items.

I am harping on HH a lot but all of this applies for Inspired Learning as well. Inspired Learning is also seeing a concurrent rise in use and cost despite being much easier to obtain. The main point here is that the associated cost and negative effects of running this mechanic is far below the gains/benefits from it. It's not really decision or choice anymore... you simply must use HH/IL to make big money.

Now as to why GGG hasnt nerfed HH. Well I think it has been 3 or more instances of wherr they nerfed its drop rate/rarity. HH right now if it werent for league mechanics and div cards in readily available maps would be rarer than a Mirror. GGG has fairly inconsistent nerfing methods on items. Usually they go for a couple of leagues making items rarer then drop a savage nerf when rarity change has no impact. Happened with Poet Pens, Zerphis, Impulsas etc. They just nerfed Unnatural Instinct because it gave too much crit.. This was a 10 EX jewel so it wasn't readily available. They have nerfed Biscos Collar and magic find so many times in so many ways over time. They nerf skills and mechanics left and right, regardless of rarity or availability. One of the biggest changes was when they nerfed Atziris Acuity (a 40 EX glove) because instant leeching was too good but they kept instant leech on a 1 chaos unique claw (so the mechanic can still be abused).

The reason why HH remains as is because of two major reasons:

*GGG likes having chase uniques. This one I find a bit incongruous because I mentioned numerous chase uniques that were powerful but rare yet got gutted. Also constantly introducing powerful crafting methods and stats on rare makes many chase uniques even obsolete. So many weapons are rendered useless because they can't compete with Fortify 2h swords or dual Foils.

*Headhunter has become too iconic and too many players have gotten a taste of it. HH is a very fun item and once you go HH its hard to go back. GGG rightfully fears that a nerf to HH would be received poorly by the fanbase. I can't tell you how many times Cutedog has threatened to quit the game over potential HH nerfs lol.

This league GGG made nerfs to the game based purely on performance issues. They gutted Elementalist because proliferate was hurting performance. IMO this feels way worse than a nerf to HH because its such a core part of a class. Yet HH has similar issues as prolif... bigger ones in fact. This combined with the Timeless Legion mechanic... I have a feeling we may finally see a HH nerf. It's not really feasible to make HH even rarer, it just exacerbates the issue.

There are many ways they could nerf HH yet still keep it as a powerhouse and fun chase item. One is that they introduce more negative Rare monster affixes. Stuff like "Pulverize" but it impacts character action speed. So you are 10% slower but hit 10% harder. Or "Glass Cannon" affix, you hit harder but have less HP. Or the reverse where you are tankier but do less damage.

Another one could be that you can't steal the same mod type again. This would prevent many issues with HH like your character becomes bigger than the map you are playing in.

The one that commonly gets suggested is cap on the stolen mod amount. Honestly there should be a cap on numerous other on kill effects not just HH (like Eshs Mirror). This would also fix the issue of stacking 3 inspired learning and HH to accelerate rate of acquisition.

Or to be honest its not even a HH issue its a league issue. Maybe GGG reworks the encounter when it goes core... But that's just lame. It was super cool to have a mechanic in the game that rewards you more for min maxing your build more. I could see GGG implementing a Respawn limit or a loot limit on timeless encounters in the future though but having a league mechanic be balanced around an item is just plain out of line to me. I dont want GGG to be forced into balancing leagues around a single item, it just limits design space.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
Droprate of HH was already nerfed this league. So nerfs have started, I can see them continuing.

I don't think GGG is ever going to balance game around HH.

diablogg

Oct 31, 2017
K def glad I just got 24 challenges.

Trying to transfer the gems I bought/flasks etc from my unused ED char for my new bow char and I literally can't without the game freezing in town. like I can move the flasks from my belt to my inv but then the ppl freeze and I can't click on anything.

JFC GGG fix your shit FFS

Think I'm done with this league. Shame. great content ruined by bugs/tech issues.

Are you playing on console? Besides a couple times on patch days, stability has been pretty rocksolid for me since league start on PC.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Droprate of HH was already nerfed this league. So nerfs have started, I can see them continuing.

I don't think GGG is ever going to balance game around HH.
Probably not but I think Timeless encounters might get changed anyway. If its not HH then its min maxed party play with aura and curse supports ripping through the generals with ease to accumulate more wealth.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why in the world are people farming goddamn glacier map which is T2 ? Is it just about getting the monolith quickly and clearing it ?

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Why in the world are people farming goddamn glacier map which is T2 ? Is it just about getting the monolith quickly and clearing it ?
A couple of top players made videos about their returns from just farming Monoliths in T2 Glacier and people are jumping on it.

It is very effective though. But I get enough currency from doing various league mechanics in high tier maps that I am not compelled to do it at all.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
unknown.png

Uber Elder done on Bladestorm Slayer. Had one death right at the end. I probably went in the fight sooner than I should have but it went well enough if a bit sloppy. I ended up respeccing too hard into defense and ended up leaving too much degen on ground. Slayer Leech carried the fight though. Only worthwhile drop was a Mark of the Shaper ring.

Probably going to level this character to lvl95 and then retire for a different character... Wild Strike Rebuke of the Vaal Berserker!

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
Don't underestimate GGG's willingness to upset large amounts of players by nerfing something. Whether or not they see HH as the problem is the question, but I doubt they see Timeless Conflicts as one.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I got to level 90 on my Frost Blades Gladiator and wanted a change so I went FOTM and damn, I'm now a 73 Cyclone Slayer and this shit is mental, so so much better. I'm just walking through maps like it's nothing. I have fuck all currency though, so I won't be able to afford my Atziri's Disfavour for awhile.

zon

Oct 28, 2017
I've had some good luck this league. Yesterday I got an incubator that would drop a unique item (not the one that would drop a very valuable unique) and when it dropped it gave me a 6 linked Impulsa's. I've also had 7 exalt drops 👌

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I just crafted these, I know they're huge but don't know how much to sell them for yet.

lo5b0YF.jpg

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
As a new player, should I be worried about using the various orbs to improve my gear? I'm trying to follow one of the build guides but it requires a 4-link item for one of my skills at this point but I either don't have the right links or I don't have the right colors. Should I just keep trashing this gear until the right thing drops, or worry about crafting?

Also, I'm wondering how power creep plays a part in PoE and its expansions. How do they keep the game interesting after you've beaten the campaign and gotten a character to, say, Lv. 90-95? I guess you can just start over with a new build, but you're ultimately still just playing the same game again. Is there some kind of raiding component (e.g. WoW) at all, or something else that encourages you to stick with a character after you've maxed the level? If not, where does the longevity come from?

Deleted member 28474

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I very rarely craft when levelling. Save your orbs/currency for end game. You will almost always outlevel that gear really quick.

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
As a new player, should I be worried about using the various orbs to improve my gear? I'm trying to follow one of the build guides but it requires a 4-link item for one of my skills at this point but I either don't have the right links or I don't have the right colors. Should I just keep trashing this gear until the right thing drops, or worry about crafting?

Also, I'm wondering how power creep plays a part in PoE and its expansions. How do they keep the game interesting after you've beaten the campaign and gotten a character to, say, Lv. 90-95? I guess you can just start over with a new build, but you're ultimately still just playing the same game again. Is there some kind of raiding component (e.g. WoW) at all, or something else that encourages you to stick with a character after you've maxed the level? If not, where does the longevity come from?

Wouldn't be using currency directly, the crafting bench and einhar pretty useful while levelling though. Nice way to balance resists, get more life, movespeed etc etc.

There's a new league every three months or so with new mechanics and endgame content to keep things fresh. Game has plenty of mechanics and enough archetypes that the balancing with each league is pretty meaningful and conduces severe meta shifts. e.g. melee has been in a bad state for a very long time (a year? 2 years?) but it was all revamped for this league, so basically everyone is playing some form of melee now. Whereas before the meta was heavy on spell casting, it's still there but nowhere near as prevalent.