• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I think I'm gonna spend the early days of next league just sniping underpriced bases with 1 or 2 t1 rolls and craft complementary stats on them. My buddy made like 50ex early on doing that shit and got a headhunter. Fuck this "playing the game" and "having fun" noise.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alterations are at 1 chaos per 4 alterations. That's like the highest price I have ever seen Alterations go. This greatly increases the price of self crafting Foils this league. Sure you can get lucky and just hit it really quickly... I made my Foil within 4 EX but for most people it's just better to just straight up buy a Foil on trade and not go through the hassle of trading.

The sad reality of economy when Alterations are worth around as much as a Regal...

Also Deafening Essence of Dreads are worth like 70C as well... (if you want a Foil with +3 weapon range which is best in slot).
4:1 is fucking ridiculous LMAO. Bots probably making bank just selling rares now lol

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm gonna spend the early days of next league just sniping underpriced bases with 1 or 2 t1 rolls and craft complementary stats on them. My buddy made like 50ex early on doing that shit and got a headhunter. Fuck this "playing the game" and "having fun" noise.
Oh if you are flipping on the market you can make a ton of money.

But like.... is your objective in the game really just to make more currency? Like you just want to make enough money for a HH? Just farm T2 Glaciers every day. Like 2-3 EX per hour profit (if you run them fast), 6 hours a day thats like 12-15 EX... do it for 10 days, BOOM you got a HH!

Edit: Oh you mean for next league.

Early league there are many ways to make cash fast. One of the best ones that is most reliable and consistent through the years is uber lab running. Make a character that can farm uber lab FAST and efficiently, you will be rolling money in no time. The only negative to this is... you are chain running Uber Lab which for me is one of the worst content in the game.

Other players this league made like a GC Miner (or other boss killer) and farmed Uber Atziri/Shapers, sold Starforges/Disfavours when they were super expensive and EX to HH ratio wasn't that high. HH was actually not that expensive earlier on in the league but after the Timeless conflict stuff was figured out, it just skyrocketed.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Oh if you are flipping on the market you can make a ton of money.

But like.... is your objective in the game really just to make more currency? Like you just want to make enough money for a HH? Just farm T2 Glaciers every day. Like 2-3 EX per hour profit (if you run them fast), 6 hours a day thats like 12-15 EX... do it for 10 days, BOOM you got a HH!

Edit: Oh you mean for next league.

Early league there are many ways to make cash fast. One of the best ones that is most reliable and consistent through the years is uber lab running. Make a character that can farm uber lab FAST and efficiently, you will be rolling money in no time. The only negative to this is... you are chain running Uber Lab which for me is one of the worst content in the game.

Other players this league made like a GC Miner (or other boss killer) and farmed Uber Atziri/Shapers, sold Starforges/Disfavours when they were super expensive and EX to HH ratio wasn't that high. HH was actually not that expensive earlier on in the league but after the Timeless conflict stuff was figured out, it just skyrocketed.
Not really my only objective, but this league a HH seems like it's really the only way to make running timeless conflict worth it, and I wanted to run that some. Next league, who knows? I may idly flip some items, but I don't really intend to play Path of Auction lol

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I need the Elreon mod on some rings for this build but they're expensive even on mediocre rings. I really hope they figure something out with the crafting recipes. I haven't seen a single ring from Elreon.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I must be doing something wrong with the legion content, I haven't even got 50 splinters yet, at this rate it's going to take AGES to get 1 emblem.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
I must be doing something wrong with the legion content, I haven't even got 50 splinters yet, at this rate it's going to take AGES to get 1 emblem.

Legion reward chests drop splinters at a good rate. War hoardes (big reward chests) drop even more. Legion rares drop splinters occasionally. Legion generals that spawn during monoliths can drop A LOT. It's very similar to breach splinters in that way.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Legion reward chests drop splinters at a good rate. War hoardes (big reward chests) drop even more. Legion rares drop occasionally. Legion generals that spawn during monoliths can drop A LOT.
Maybe I am just not killing enough, the ones with the icons over their heads seem few and far between, I've managed to get the, over 50 challenge, but not 100 or 150 yet, despite having way more DPS than the surrounding content, I also hear there should be an arrow pointing to the direction of a general, but I've never seen it.

Also, more specific, a question about Dread Banner.

Casting once reserves mana to carry a banner which makes nearby allies inflict impale with attacks, and lessens the accuracy of nearby enemies. Gain stages by impaling enemies while carrying the banner. Casting the skill again places the banner, ending the mana reservation. Once placed, it becomes more powerful for each stage gained. You cannot have multiple banners at the same time.

How many stages maximum does it gain, and where on the interface does it show that?, I can't mouse over the icons at the top, as I am on console, I wish they'd put some small text notes on them, also, I wish each icon would maintain it's position, it's really tough to keep track of what is active and what it's when a thousand enemies are popping off.

Has anyone else been killed by phantom darkness when delving?, happened twice now, I am not in the darkness, I am next to the crawler, and there is no "lights out" creatures about, and the screen isn't dark, but there is the darkness warning border, and I just can't get back into the light anywhere.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
Maybe I am just not killing enough, the ones with the icons over their heads seem few and far between, I've managed to get the, over 50 challenge, but not 100 or 150 yet, despite having way more DPS than the surrounding content, I also hear there should be an arrow pointing to the direction of a general, but I've never seen it.

They can usually be found near edges, in the back rows of each army. Don't waste time on killing regular stuff near monolith and run straight for reward icons.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
Is there ever any indication of which direction has rewards?, I always seem to end up going the way(s) that don't have any!

It goes something like this:
cqtvl1yyqs331.png

Might not always be lower left + upper right, but you get the idea. Look at the directions armies are facing.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
That's great, thanks, so basically look at the way each army is facing to find out which way is towards the general, pick one and hope it has good rewards?

If you are fast enough you can check both ends. Just need a lot of movement speed (pop your flasks), fast killing and skilful use of movement skills.

I can't always manage it, sometimes I can.

Orgun

Oct 27, 2017
I'm loving ED/Contagion this league: spawn a battlefield - hit one enemy...the whole army is dead almost instantly with the rares mostly dead

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
You get more splinters at higher map tiers.

Also it's not about DPS, its about coverage and speed mostly. Well DPS does matter but being able to move from pack to pack quickly enough will free up most mobs and rewards l.

And Dread Banner goes up to 50 and is shown on top left. Don't know about consoles but it's fairly obvious.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Hah. Bought a bow for 1 exalt and within a minute of starting the first map an exalt dropped.

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I have something like 8 of each emblem but have only gotten 72 Maraketh splinters so far, heh.

The build Im using now can pretty well wipe out entire legion encounters woth a few straggler rares left about but it is dicey as fuck not actually dying when it wakes up.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
I think i'm getting incredibly lucky with some of my jewels from legion

This one that just dropped... militant faith, nodes in the witch starting area turns into +1 all max res (basically 4% non physical damage reduction), 5% phys damage reduction, +1 minimum endurance charges (another 4% phys DR and 4% ele res) and two 5% mana as ES nodes... the major sacrifices being the health node (not important if playing low life/chaos innoc) and the AOE/Crit nodes

I have to think this jewel is incredibly valuable because witches lost their tankiness in 3.7

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am quite happy with my current build, but it seems quite squishy in some instances, especially when there is lightning damage and shocks involve, I can get one shotted easily then.

I current have an empty body armour and need something decent to fit in, using CWDT as my skill slots are full, that would help with the above issue, any suggestions?

edit : Maybe CWDT - Immortal call - increased duration and add endurance charge on melee stun on leap slam?

edit 2 : Maybe better to generate endurance charges with 'on critical strike'? So that's not even a thing lol

Last edited:

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
Max res is better than extra reduction though

The thing with militant faith is you need to take a lot of nodes to get the benefits.

And afaik physical damage reduction is actually good, it's only the armor variety that isn't because that one scales, gets worse relative to the strength of impact and requires hits. so stuff that does not hit just bypasses your armor.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like this league is turning into the scamming league, seeing more and more reports of people trying to scam 6L etc
GGG just don't give a fuck

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I am quite happy with my current build, but it seems quite squishy in some instances, especially when there is lightning damage and shocks involve, I can get one shotted easily then.

I current have an empty body armour and need something decent to fit in, using CWDT as my skill slots are full, that would help with the above issue, any suggestions?

edit : Maybe CWDT - Immortal call - increased duration and add endurance charge on melee stun on leap slam?

edit 2 : Maybe better to generate endurance charges with 'on critical strike'? So that's not even a thing lol
There are quite a few problems in here:

*Some inefficient points on the tree. Impale effect = great. Critical strike multiplier = great. Getting Frenzy charges on Slayer? Nah.

After you complete this tree, start taking all of the life nodes in the Scion Life wheel.

*Essence Worm is a big yikes. The only auras you really need are Pride, Flesh and Stone and Dread Banner. You can use a low level Precision (like even lvl1). This will give you enough mana reservation you don't need Blood and Sand. Preferably you also want Flesh and Stone linked with Maim to increase its Maim potential.

*Your weapon is also a big yikes. I would recommend getting a 6 link chest (even if its super cheap and not that good) and a HIGH PDPS weapon. You want to look for high physical rolls and attack speed, since you are Overwhelm you don't need Crit on it. Base to look out for is Exquisite Blade. I know it's hard to look out for good weapons on consoles but you need to do some on the fly calculations to figure out if a weapon has high PDPS or not (minimum + maximum phys roll / 2 times the attack speed). Your 2H weapon is only 268 PDPS, even bad 1H weapons will do more damage than it. Until you get a new weapon, please replace those resistance rolls on your weapon to Attack speed, you are capped on resistances even without it.

*You have no way to proc Fortify on your set up. I would recommend either putting it on Leap Slam or just link it into your 6link set up instead of Maim since Flesh and Stone in Blood stance already maims for you. You can put Endurance Charge on Melee Stun on Leap Slam.

*On your cast on damage taken set up, also attach a golem and a curse of appropriate level. You can attach Vulnerability for better damage or Enfeeble for better survivability. Ice Golem or LIghtning Golem, either is fine.

*Your belt is kinda bad as well and doesn't even have an Abyss Jewel attached to it. I would just get a cheap Belt of the Deceiver in that slot. It will give you Intimidate while also increase your damage by 10% MORE and will give you reduced damage taken from crits plus some life and all resistances. Use this until you can get better items.

*You can eventually replace your Granite Flask with Lion's Roar. In the meantime, you want like Stun avoidance on there or something. Because right now I am not seeing any Stun Avoidance on your character. I would actually recommend just getting a Kiara's Determination flask and replacing your Stibnite Flask since it is redundant with Flesh and Stone which also gives you Blind on enemies. Kiara's Determination provides stun immunity, Onslaught and even curse warding though it doesn't last that long. This is good temporarily but you eventually want some alternate way of stun avoidance.

*Probably also add in an Ancestral Warchief set up in your Chest. Will help with your single target.

Sounds like this league is turning into the scamming league, seeing more and more reports of people trying to scam 6L etc
GGG just don't give a fuck
Whenever a league is popular or has an influx of new players, scamming becomes rampant. The usual Queen of the Forest/Carass Jank pseudo 6 link scam is the oldest trick in the book. Not even sure what GGG can do about it aside from a proper auction house.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, my gear is way, way off anywhere near end game ready, I am still early map stage, although, me being me, I am trying to push into yellows and reds too early, gear is hard to come by on XBO, for example, my belt, yup, no gem because I haven't had one drop, and there is literally no one selling one on XBO!!!

You are effectively enforced SSF on XBO, trying to find anything specific from trade is like a needle in a haystack, hence the far from efficient gearing.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Killed uelder last night. Was a breeze on my Cyclone CWC Magma Orb Sire of Shards Assassin.

Had a prophecy proc that killed me twice.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Died for the first time at 84 which is a minor miracle for me. I'm generally good for a death early on and then finding all sorts of ways to die once I start maps. Got a Lair map with double bosses and they did that wolf cone attack at the same time and I just melted.

Deleted member 28474

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Died for the first time at 84 which is a minor miracle for me. I'm generally good for a death early on and then finding all sorts of ways to die once I start maps. Got a Lair map with double bosses and they did that wolf cone attack at the same time and I just melted.

Twinned Lair sounds like a fucking nightmare.

Dr. Doom

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I've got 250 hours in this game (first played in early 2016). But every time I come back it just feels like such a massive, unsatisfactory grindfest. It's a shame really, because the core gameplay is really fun and I have enjoyed playing through all the acts plus the labs. But after you are finished with the campaign? Everything feels so goddamn empty. Is Diablo III similar to PoE in this regard or are you more likely to get good gear drops? It seems like the only way to get a good character in PoE is trade. And the only way to trade is to have tons of currency. And the only way to get currency is by playing repetitive maps over and over again.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I've got 250 hours in this game (first played in early 2016). But every time I come back it just feels like such a massive, unsatisfactory grindfest. It's a shame really, because the core gameplay is really fun and I have enjoyed playing through all the acts plus the labs. But after you are finished with the campaign? Everything feels so goddamn empty. Is Diablo III similar to PoE in this regard or are you more likely to get good gear drops? It seems like the only way to get a good character in PoE is trade. And the only way to trade is to have tons of currency. And the only way to get currency is by playing repetitive maps over and over again.
If the concept of playing the same content again isn't appealing, D3 will not be any better. It's the same but with a much less engaging endgame.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
This is not true at all though, there are self found builds that can do all content. You could probably do toxic rain and beat uber elder with basic gear, though it would just take longer than usual.

Also, as someone who pumped out 2000ish hours of D3...... no.. just no. D3 turned into a game you can max out and accomplish anything significant in a week. Unless the idea of a good endgame is greater rifts, aka, how high does the number go?

D3's endgame is empty. PoE's is the absolute opposite.

They removed trading, but they also turned everyone's character into the same top 2 or 3 cookie cutter builds, because of the design choices of 6 piece sets. If you remove those sets you open up possibilities and make rares good again.

Sure, you can argue that the same 2 or 3 builds are being played in PoE, but you can also just as easily do all content with HUNDREDS of other builds. The same cannot be said for D3, it's either you have the damage bonuses from the 6 piece sets or you dont. Or you play some 1 off build that might compete, but it's ONE or TWO others tops.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
If you want to get a good character in d3 then its far easier than PoE to make your character good (just a matter of acquiring a 6 set). But min maxing in D3 still takes a lot of grinding of end game which is rift spamming. This isnt exactly the genre to be into if you are afraid of some grinding and farming... on that front PoE is fairly light because in a week you can do most everything in the game quote comfortably.

PoEs end game system is far more engaging and expansive than in D3. Whenever you open a map you don't know what's gonna pop in there. Maybe there's s Breach, a Syndicate, an Alva Incursion, an Essence, an Abyss crack or certain Rogue Exiles. Maybe your map is Elder/Shaper influenced. Each of these have their separate build up and goals you can achieve ie. mini systems.

For me though, by the time I fully complete my Atlas (and I try to do it as self found as possible) my character is very well established. I can achieve this in a few days worth of playtime now. However, I have good knowledge of the game's mechanics and can make a good character even with mediocre gear. You do NOT need a lot of currency to build a solid character... And people have proven this with sub 1 EX builds and solo self found builds.

Fully completing the Atlas is kinda fun though. It feels like a 3rd play through of the game where you go through zones killing bosses. It only gets stale when you play the same exact map over and over again. But you only start doing that once you have Atlas completion or you are doing some low tier farming strat.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Damn Chris Wilson himself already confirmed a Cyclone nerf in 3.8 LOL! First time I have seen GGG do this, the stats on Cyclcone are definitely over the top and the team cannot be comfortable with off screen AOE Cyclones.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
Expected, but still disappointing. There are many reasons Cyclone is so popular that don't necessarily relate to how much damage it does or its AoE and I don't expect GGG to learn from what makes Cyclone a fun skill.

Last edited:

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
While it isn't a The Doctor card, Stacked Deck gave me an Alluring Bounty card just now. I'll take it.

Deleted member 28474

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I coukd never do the chain running map stuff like back a year or two ago. Chain running shaped strand with sextants etc I cant stand that.

Rufus

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Yeah, I've shaped my Atlas to chain Glacier and it is monotonous as hell. It's not quite the same as chaining a high tier map, but close enough for me to know that I won't be doing this again. The rewards are good, but it is mind numbing.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
I think that I don't know how to play this game.
I have a Gladiator level 90 league starter, a very generic character 4 days 2 hours and 369 deaths. DeadEye, level 82 SST, 1 day 4 hours most of this time spent experimenting with the tree and different item. 56 deaths. I ended up with a non-viable tree, I didn't have enough currency to respec so I sold the items and started a Berserker Infernal blow, 1 day 16 hours, 186 deaths, level 87 since forever.

I don't what are your numbers but I think that I'm dying a lot and I already rage quit the game multiple time with my Berserker. I'm doing something wrong and I don't know what.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
People have run tests and red map farming is still overall more profitable long term. Especially when you invest into the maps with chisels, Sextants, Scarabs and corruptions.... your profit is simply higher, like 2-3x higher than running Glaciers. And yes you do get more splinters, more chance of getting generals and better incubators with better rewards (as they are high ilvl) on higher tier Legions. And yes map quantity does affect Legions so corrupted red maps do impact Legion spawns.

And then even higher margins than that are Timeless Conflicts which is the zenith of potential profit. So this league is actually the most balanced among the different tiers of league content. The more you invest the more you get out of it. This is why the top earners in the league aren't running T2 Glaciers, they are doing juiced up red maps or timeless conflicts.. or they have stopped playing the league seriously because they have multiple mirrors already.

However. 99% of players are not going to invest 150 EX into their maps before gaining 60EX in profit. They would rather put little to no investment and just gain 20EX flat. Every league we have low tier investment farming strats for people with less money to invest with. And this is already a step up from Blood Aqueduct league mechanic farming though you can actually still do that this league.

I think that I don't know how to play this game.
I have a Gladiator level 90 league starter, a very generic character 4 days 2 hours and 369 deaths. DeadEye, level 82 SST, 1 day 4 hours most of this time spent experimenting with the tree and different item. 56 deaths. I ended up with a non-viable tree, I didn't have enough currency to respec so I sold the items and started a Berserker Infernal blow, 1 day 16 hours, 186 deaths, level 87 since forever.

I don't what are your numbers but I think that I'm dying a lot and I already rage quit the game multiple time with my Berserker. I'm doing something wrong and I don't know what.
The problem is defenses here. Need to link your characters. The Mathil Berserker Infernal Blow build (especially the Abyssis variant) is squishy and even he died quite a bit on it before making some tweaks on it.

diablogg

Oct 31, 2017
I would never chain run low tier maps even if it's most efficient way to get currency. Most of my fun (and a good bulk of my trade currency) comes from IDing godly rares which I guess if roll perfect can come from low tier maps, but are way more likely from red maps.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Profitable or not (I still don't understand the point of being 'rich' in this game) there is no way I'd smash the same low tier map over and over, that's just a quick way for me to not want to play the game anymore.