• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I couldn't spam the same map and over and over. I think it's bad design to encourage it, personally.

That said, legion events are fun as hell and challenging. This is the most fun league I've played yet I think

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
Exiles please put back the levelling items in the Guild stash when your character is online

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm Oninou on POE and the character's name is BarbERAn
Your Berserker has no Bleed removal on flasks and no curse removal flasks. No cast on damage taken set up either and 6K life but you are using Aspect of the Carnage which means you are closer to like 5K EHP. Also lacking in a defensive flask as well. In additional, you aren't running Flesh of Stone for additional mitigation/avoidance. No means of generating endurance charges here (can easily just attach Endurance Charge on Melee Stun on Leap Slam instead of Blood Magic which probably gets you killed with the Berserker degen as well).

Your Gladiator has no stun avoidance and below 6K HP. Also for some reason using a mana flask, no curse removal either on flask. No way to generate Endurance Charges on bosses which means a quarter of your ascendancies defense is rendered useless.

Can't seem to properly import the Deadeye character to PoB but you seem to have some weird, unnecessary nodes in them (two extra points in mana nodes that you don't need), 3 points in global accuracy as a Deadeye which you also don't need.

Main issue I am seeing across the characters is that only the bare minimum defenses are met and sometimes not even that much. Here are a few basic pointers:

*Always try to look for ways to generate Endurance Charges. Those 3 Endurance Charges help a lot. Any melee character can get easy access to Endurance Charges with Endurance Charge on Melee Stun on Leap Slam and/or Enduring Cry war cry.

*Always have ways to remove Bleeding, Freezing AND Curses. Curses are a big killer in maps especially Vulnerability, Elemental Weakness and Temportal Chains.

*Always have some way to avoid stuns as a melee character. Berserker has built in stun immunity but your Gladiator doesn't and that's like the #1 way to get killed in the game.

*You need defenses beyond just 6K life, flasks, fortify, leech and capped resistances. Flesh and Stone is big. Belt of the Deceiver is big because you take less crit damage (one of the most common ways to get killed). Defensive flasks, more ways of avoidance like block/dodge/evade or very high flat physical mitigation. If you have a character that can get high armour then invest in Molten Shell + Vaal Molten Shell. Artic Armour is a cheap aura to get for defense.

*You need ways to sustain back the HP lost. The new Doryani Vaal gem + Soul Tether is an easy way to raise your EHP AND have overleech sustain which is big. Life gain on hit on fast attacking skills and most Berserker builds can get you topped up real fast.

*Try to get a lot of dodge/evasion, a lot of block chance (one of the new jewels helps with this very easily) or get a ton of armour/physical mitigation and unwavering stance/iron reflexes. Secondary defenses are big. If you aren't using an unwavering stance then getting blind on your character (usually with Flesh and Stone) is big.

*You can have defensive curses as well attached to cast on damage taken. Enfeeble is the strongest one but Temporal Chains isn't bad either.

*Look for uniques that give powerful defense bonuses. Belt of the Deceiver is a cheap all around great belt for melee because it gives Intimidate on hit which is MORE damage and gives you less damage taken from crit, which is big defensively. Cold builds can take advantage of Pandemonius which reduces enemy action speed and blinds them. Phys taken as elemental damage is big defensively and can also roll on rare items as well. Some of the new timeless jewels provide a ton of strong defenses bonuses like Glancing Blows, Tempered by War, Divine Flesh etc. Loreweaves max resistances set to 78% is always powerful reliable. Hale Negator's ability to negate a % of your life based on abyss jewel is big.

My advice would be to play a defensive Trickster build to get a feel of stacked defenses. Go with Scourge Arrow CI Trickster using Hyri's Ire, many build guides on it. It has high Energy Shield (7-8K), Ghost Shrouds, huge evasion, dodge, leeching, recovery and other forms of avoidance not to mention it generally freezes anything it attacks for even better suvivabilty.

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Whenever friends or people I know pick this game up I always, always stress how important flasks are and nobody ever listens at first. People just think they arent that important at first and run with multiple life pots and a mana pot or whatever. It isnt just defenses either.

I always go for staunching on a seething or bubbling life and warding on something build specific like a Diamond flask just so I am sure I have both.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Nobody listens until they die to a random bleed, freeze or get chain stunned. Or they get one shot in an ele weakness/vulnerability map.

And also pay attention to map mods.

Vastly

Jul 10, 2019
USA
This game is Soooooo good. I can't believe it's free, it's definitely something I would have payed for. I used to play a lot of Diablo 2 around the same time that I played StarCraft Brood War and it's the main reason I downloaded the game. I am excited for the expansion. It's been a while since I've played though so we'll see how it goes. I hope you all enjoy it too!

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
ok so this happened,

so ive been playing since 2013, and the most currency ive ever had was 4ex, well i saved and saved and saved to 8ex and finally got the watcher's eye for my build

it was on the weaker side so i rerolled it 4 times with every single divine needing to be scrounged for, but it came out absolutly perfect, this is the luckiest ive ever been in the game for the last 6 years

Untitled.png

ive just about reached 25k ES and should have about 31k by the time i reach 100 (95 atm)

this is the most effort ive put into any of my characters, i wasn't how long it would take me to get my watcher's, but things are looking up

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
ok so this happened,

so ive been playing since 2013, and the most currency ive ever had was 4ex, well i saved and saved and saved to 8ex and finally got the watcher's eye for my build

it was on the weaker side so i rerolled it 4 times with every single divine needing to be scrounged for, but it came out absolutly perfect, this is the luckiest ive ever been in the game for the last 6 years

Untitled.png

ive just about reached 25k ES and should have about 31k by the time i reach 100 (95 atm)

this is the most effort ive put into any of my characters, i wasn't how long it would take me to get my watcher's, but things are looking up

Grats! That build looks cool.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This game is Soooooo good. I can't believe it's free, it's definitely something I would have payed for. I used to play a lot of Diablo 2 around the same time that I played StarCraft Brood War and it's the main reason I downloaded the game. I am excited for the expansion. It's been a while since I've played though so we'll see how it goes. I hope you all enjoy it too!
Its always worth chucking a few quid at them in the form of mtx's if you really enjoy it.

Got my first ex this league, that too way longer than it should!

Question, how often to people run uber lab? Daily? Are there staple items that are worth enchanting outside of your gear?

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
Its always worth chucking a few quid at them in the form of mtx's if you really enjoy it.

Got my first ex this league, that too way longer than it should!

Question, how often to people run uber lab? Daily? Are there staple items that are worth enchanting outside of your gear?

Some people farm Uber Lab for money, especially early in the league. In that case you complete it repeatedly over and over, multiple times per day.

I don't, I run it once to get the ascendancy points and then I leave it alone. I only go in again if I want to change some of my enchants or I need a new enchant.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some people farm Uber Lab for money, especially early in the league. In that case you complete it repeatedly over and over, multiple times per day.

I don't, I run it once to get the ascendancy points and then I leave it alone. I only go in again if I want to change some of my enchants or I need a new enchant.
That's what I tend to do, I just wonder if I am missing out by not running it a bit more.

Legion seems to shower you in loot, so I am not sure it's worth doing anything much outside of maps.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
People try to enchant Devotos for Cyclone or Tornado Shot enchants. Other than that you get random currencies opening chests and some unique like Death's Door (worth around an EX) from Lab. Its only worth running again solo to get good specific boot Enchants since that is something that you could feasibly get. But most people are good wjth just running Cruel lab for boot Enchant.

Deleted member 28474

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
If I get Twince Enchanted Ill usually run uber. I always keep a Starkonjas or Devotos or two handy if I dont need to change an enchant myself.

I made a lab runner once and it was kinda fun to get through it so quickly and safely but it is still repetitive.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If I get Twince Enchanted Ill usually run uber. I always keep a Starkonjas or Devotos or two handy if I dont need to change an enchant myself.

I made a lab runner once and it was kinda fun to get through it so quickly and safely but it is still repetitive.
That's what gave me the thought to question how people run the labs, I got a twice enchant prophecy and ran it outside of getting ascendency points, managed to get a couple of decent enchants for my gear.

diablogg

Oct 31, 2017
My cousin, who basically when he plays this game looks to only bot or scam to make currency. For some reason that's how he gets enjoyment out of this game. Anyway back in the Perandus league, he would find people looking for like 1k-2k perandus coins for trade, he'd say he had it, join there game then quickly enter their map and buy the item off Cadiro they more most likely trying to trade the coins for. He got FILTHY rich that league, got multiple headhunters and Shavronnes Wrappings. It was the only league he got a temp ban, there was a whole reddit squad trying to get him banned =P. That was about the most scamming I seen in Path, dude was nuts in Diablo 2 though.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
My cousin, who basically when he plays this game looks to only bot or scam to make currency. For some reason that's how he gets enjoyment out of this game. Anyway back in the Perandus league, he would find people looking for like 1k-2k perandus coins for trade, he'd say he had it, join there game then quickly enter their map and buy the item off Cadiro they more most likely trying to trade the coins for. He got FILTHY rich that league, got multiple headhunters and Shavronnes Wrappings. It was the only league he got a temp ban, there was a whole reddit squad trying to get him banned =P. That was about the most scamming I seen in Path, dude was nuts in Diablo 2 though.
That's actually still a common scam in the game unfortunately. It works kinda too well especially against new players.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Did my first 4 army battle, that was fun. Didn't really get much aside from a jewel but I've got no idea how good/bad it is. Kind of stuck on maps too... I'm up to 13/14 but I'm just running out and I don't exactly have a ton of 11/12s to fall back on.

Deleted member 28474

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
That's actually still a common scam in the game unfortunately. It works kinda too well especially against new players.

Yah, whenever Perandus is up for my brother or I we get whoever he isn't up for to do the trade (supposing we don't have enough coins/it is worth getting etc). It is probably the most frequent scam I have run into, people trying to snipe Perandus.

You can also put obstacles and shit to make it hard to get to your map device if you're really worried.

fspm

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i saved and saved and saved to 8ex and finally got the watcher's eye for my build
this is the luckiest ive ever been in the game for the last 6 years
What's the luck if you didn't get the jewel from elder.
That was about the most scamming I seen in Path
The only scam I see is ggg allowing perandus offering to be shared with everyone, and the other is that fat shit only has fuses and chisels as of late, they definitely made some 'tweaks'.

fspm

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean the eye isn't going anywhere and divines although rare can be obtained from all the 6l.
I was throwing divines at loreweave and the last one 10 seconds before servers shut down for the patch that was gutting rez 80->78. Was almost fun.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Doing Lab for a specific enchant seems impossible. Especially with a build not meant for running it. My Toxic Rain Trickster handles it just fine but I can't speed through it.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So, a T14 shapers stronghold with -40% Chaos res isn't a good idea?, do I need to think about getting my Chaos res up?

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah a death log would be nice. I've always played with -60.

Hot take : timeless jewels are one of the worst things they've ever designed lmfao

Last edited:

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
Even at -40? I am sure I am getting whacked by chaos damage, I wish there was something like a death replay or a "you were killed by" screen, because it get's really hard to see what is hitting you when the screen is really busy.

Are you sure it's chaos damage? Most chaos damage is "damage over time". There are like one or two betrayal mobs that deal chaos hits, maybe one map with chaos warband. But outside those, it's mostly damage over time. And you can react to that pretty easily with health potions and stuff.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are you sure it's chaos damage? Most chaos damage is "damage over time". There are like one or two betrayal mobs that deal chaos hits, maybe one map with chaos warband. But outside those, it's mostly damage over time. And you can react to that pretty easily with health potions and stuff.
I'm not sure, usually my health only dips by (max) a 1/5 and my health leech easily takes care of it, but there seems to be a few specific instances, and I am not 100% sure what they are, but they seem to be projectile based, that just one hit kill me, and I am not sure how to mitigate against it.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
Do you have armor? What is your HP? It's more likely that you are taking massive physical hits. Map mods with "as extra fire/cold/lightning damage" are especially dangerous with those, since those multiply the big physical hits even further.

Deleted member 28474

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
You have a staunching flask, yeah? Corrupting Blood can hit really hard and fast. You really needn't bother with chaos resistance.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
So close to getting 24 challenges and for one that I'm missing I need to completely release a Maraketh army and I'm playing Toxic Rain which isn't really great for that. I'm also one unique strongbox away from that challenge but I don't think I can really aim for that.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
So close to getting 24 challenges and for one that I'm missing I need to completely release a Maraketh army and I'm playing Toxic Rain which isn't really great for that. I'm also one unique strongbox away from that challenge but I don't think I can really aim for that.
My suggestion is to pick a closed/linear map for that. Caldera for example. I'm able to kill everything there with toxic rain; there's often not many spawns for monoliths, and they're only in two directions instead of 4.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
My suggestion is to pick a closed/linear map for that. Caldera for example. I'm able to kill everything there with toxic rain; there's often not many spawns for monoliths, and they're only in two directions instead of 4.

I have been trying, got a really good spawn in Phantasmagoria but I think some must have spawned behind the wall in another room because I didn't get it. Biggest issue is how many maps to even get the Maraketh to spawn, its frustrating. So right now I'm just doing unique maps instead.

Edit: I will say this build is exceptional. Didn't die until 84, the damage is stupid for the level of gear (most of my stuff is cheap, paid 1ex for the bow and that was by far the most). Mapping is fast, bosses melt. Good stuff.

That being said I haven't upgraded anything since level 70 something since I haven't any idea where to spend my currency. There don't seem to be any cheaper upgrades so anything would be an investment and it seems like overkill.

Last edited:

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I've got 3 emblems, I've not done any of the timeless conflict domains yet, should I do the 3?, or wait till I have 4?

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
I need to start doing emblems myself but I'm not sure what a Lacerate build can actually accomplish. I definitely don't think I could do a 4-way.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
I just wondered, considering how long it takes (took me) to get the emblems that going into a 4 way battle cold (having not done it before) might be a wasted situation.

Depends. Do you play on a console or PC? If on PC and in a trade league, trading for the 4th symbol is perhaps the fastest way to "complete the collection".