• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
  • Now deals 35.8 base Fire Damage per second at gem level 1, up to 1541.8 at gem level 20 (previously dealt no base Fire Damage per second).
  • Enemies now burn for 20% of your maximum Life and Energy Shield per second as Fire Damage at all gem levels (from 40%).
Quick and dirty math, counting 9000 life
Before :
Damage = 9000*0.4 = 3600
After :
Damage = 1540 + 9000*0.2 = 3340

Seems like a slight nerf to me for high end RF, but maybe the DoT buffs compensate ? idk

I'm torn between jugg RF and slayer cyclone, idk how big the nerf to AoE is, especially since I didn't play pulverise which I don't mind putting back in if it compensates.

edit: good buff for RF I feel, if you can put it on your stat stick :
  • Added a new Fire Damage over Time Multiplier crafting option, which is unlocked when the Cold Damage over Time Multiplier is unlocked.
edit: very nice
  • The rate of level growth for monsters within the Azurite Mine is now faster, requiring significantly fewer depths to hit the maximum monster levels within the Mine. This was because most players progressed through the Atlas faster than the Mine, and the two difficulty levels would quickly become out of sync.

• The Searing Touch: No longer grants 70% increased Burning Damage. Now grants +40-60% to Fire Damage over Time Multiplier. This does not affect existing items.
Seems like a good contender for early RF ?

Last edited:

KKRT

Oct 27, 2017
Quick and dirty math, counting 9000 life
Before :
Damage = 9000*0.4 = 3600
After :
Damage = 1540 + 9000*0.2 = 3340

Seems like a slight nerf to me for high end RF, but maybe the DoT buffs compensate ? idk
You forgot that its now beneficial to increase RF gem level above 20. I'm pretty sure that 23 or even 22 lvl of gem would exceed 3600 dps value and thats pretty easy to do with global new +gem lvl mechanics

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You forgot that its now beneficial to increase RF gem level above 20. I'm pretty sure that 23 or even 22 lvl of gem would exceed 3600 dps value and thats pretty easy to do with global new +gem lvl mechanics
True. Overall seems pretty buffed, I'm torn, just worried about mediocre clear speed of RF.

Levelling is also fucking garbage for RF, but I guess I'd go cyclone then respec once I hit 70-75.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
PoEPlanner was just updated to 3.8.0 data. Death Attunement seems to still have +1 spectres? https://poeplanner.com/

If that's the case, I'll probably be fine even if spectres are really hard to get from gem levels.

edit--
Jeeeez so many new minion nodes on tree.

Last edited:

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Am i right in thinking essence glutton stacks for each corpse consumed?
I don't think so. The key here wording here is "Over 2 seconds". My reasoning is that only one of instance of ES/Mana Regen is going to be applied even if you consume several corpses, instead of stacking.

I may be wrong tho.

Last edited:

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
Have big "meh" feeling this league, dunno if imma even play tbh.

Nothing seems too interesting or fun to me like SST with the chain jewel last league, MHW:Iceborne releasing in 2 days also doesn't help.

If i do play i'll prolly play Guardian Zombies nothing else really screams must play for me rn, violent dead also getting the axe is kinda lame and doesn't help.

Last edited:

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Skipped Legion so hyped to get back in even if I'm not super big on the Blight mechanic.

Usually stick to one or two chars per league but might use this to doss around and try a number of builds.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alright I'm starting on RF, hopefully the kaom's way prophecy is cheap as fuck. Just gotta snatch the kaom's heart cards early while they're cheap.

Deleted member 8583

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Could something like this work for RF?

RF Raider

Mostly going for Raider defenses and getting most DoT, FDoT and life nods.

Edit: Ignore it, forgot I need a lot of Life Regeneration.

Edit2: Any example of a RF build for 3.8?

Last edited:

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Could something like this work for RF?

RF Raider

Mostly going for Raider defenses and getting most DoT, FDoT and life nods.

Edit: Ignore it, forgot I need a lot of Life Regeneration.

Edit2: Any example of a RF build for 3.8?

There you go. That's just a tree though.
For items you're looking at:
Kaom's heart
Double kaom's way
Saffell's frame
Elder life belt
Elder helmet with essence of horror/burning/concentrated area (socket RF in it)
Marble amulet with a bunch of life, fire damage, utility
Gloves/boots with resistances and shit
Stat stick, shaper opal sceptre is good for this

Flasks :
Witchfire brew
Forbidden taste
Ruby flask
Utility

Then you never die

I used this back then to get started/get ideas :

Deleted member 8583

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

There you go. That's just a tree though.
For items you're looking at:
Kaom's heart
Double kaom's way
Saffell's frame
Elder life belt
Elder helmet with essence of horror/burning/concentrated area (socket RF in it)
Marble amulet with a bunch of life, fire damage, utility
Gloves/boots with resistances and shit
Stat stick, shaper opal sceptre is good for this

Flasks :
Witchfire brew
Forbidden taste
Ruby flask
Utility

Then you never die

I used this back then to get started/get ideas :

Thanks!

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
Waiting for the gem information now. Nothing too crazy or unexpected in the patch notes. Just waiting to see if venom gyre is going to be possible at league start.
It's relatively easy to get +4 gem levels: +1 gem corruption, +1 new wand, +2 necro ascendancy. That gives lvl 84 spectres and hopefully at least 3 max. I could live with that.
It's GGG so prepare for it to be 3 specters at 87

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
You should be able to get 4 from wands +1 all and +1 minion on each wand

I would like to use a shield like in my previous builds. I am not sure losing minion frenzy charges would be worth the +2 levels. According to PoB removing frenzy charges + adding 2 spectre levels would be a loss of ~50k dps per spectre.

I'll probably use one wand with +1 minion level + multiple other minion stats. I feel like +2 levels + multiple other minion stats will be very expensive.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
I still would like to use a shield like in my previous builds. I am not sure losing minion frenzy charges would be worth the +2 levels. According to PoB removing frenzy charges + adding 2 spectre levels would be a loss of ~50k dps per spectre.

I'll probably use one wand with +1 minion level + multiple other minion stats. I feel like +2 levels + multiple other minion stats will be very expensive.

I think if the extra levels push you to +1spectres you go for it but otherwise you're probably right.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
Currently struggling to fit more life on my theory crafted venom gyre build. Right side of the tree sucks for life nodes. Going to need to use Kaoms roots, and need mostly t2-t1 life rolls to hit 5.5k. Should be ok though defensively with the assassin changes.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
My poison Blade Vortex build theorycrafting went from about 200k without any weapons to somewhere closer to 350k after PoB updated. This is with the expectation of using Eldrich Battery + just some gear with ES on it as my method of sustaining mana, though, so it's possible I'll have to make the build weaker to grab some nodes to deal with that. It also does enough damage that I shouldn't need to have full Blade Vortex stacks all the time, so there's that too.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
Karv was going over a post from Rory on his stream in regards to missing summoner information. The following if from Rory

Rory GGG said:
Okay, here we gooo
Raise Spectre has a base of two spectres max at level 11, three at 21, and four at 31.
Carrion Golem's Leap Slam has a 4 second cooldown, and doesn't repeat with Multistrike unlike some Spectre leap slams. It deals 180% of their base damage. The Bone Cascade has a 4 second cooldown, can multistrike, has 10% less attack speed and deals 65% of base damage, but can hit enemies multiple times with each cascade. The non-cooldown attack deals 135% of their base damage with the first two swings which are wide cones, while the third to sixth swing deals 162% of base damage with 200% more attack speed, but in a smaller rectangle (For bursting down enemies that survive the first two swings). At level 20 of the gem, they do an average of 372 damage per hit, with an attack time of 0.9 seconds. They have 1067 accuracy rating at gem level 20, the same as other minions.
The Delve chest mod can still give +1 to maximum spectres, as do Midnight Bargain and Queen's Escape and Decree.
Feeding Frenzy's reminder text: (Feeding Frenzy grants 10% more Minion Damage, 15% increased Minion Movement Speed and 15% increased Minion Attack and Cast Speed)

Edit: Updated the Carrion Golem hit damage, as I mathed wrong.

So

Are there still gunna be really good summoner builds
So far it's looking good. Need to to a deeper dive, but I can say spectres are totally fine, and will be great. Should have no problem getting 4-5 spectres without a single unique item. 5 would require a rare craft.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Karv was going over a post from Rory on his stream in regards to missing summoner information. The following if from Rory

So far it's looking good. Need to to a deeper dive, but I can say spectres are totally fine, and will be great. Should have no problem getting 4-5 spectres without a single unique item. 5 would require a rare craft.

He also included:

Summon Skeleton summons 3 at once at level 11, 4 at once at level 21, 5 at once at level 31.

The maximum number of skeletons is 6 at 6, 7 at 12, 8 at 18, 9 at 24, 10 at 30 and 11 at 36.

The max zombies are 4 at 5, 5 at 10, 6 at 15, 7 at 20, 8 at 25, 9 at 30 and 10 at 35.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
He also included:

Summon Skeleton summons 3 at once at level 11, 4 at once at level 21, 5 at once at level 31.

The maximum number of skeletons is 6 at 6, 7 at 12, 8 at 18, 9 at 24, 10 at 30 and 11 at 36.

The max zombies are 4 at 5, 5 at 10, 6 at 15, 7 at 20, 8 at 25, 9 at 30 and 10 at 35.
Thanks. Summoner is definitely going to be my second build. Going to try and take a summoner deep into delves.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
Those numbers make spectres a lot more appealing. feeding frenzy is like 36% more damage + the move and attack speed. which should be plenty
Gotta decide between skeles and spectres

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So

Are there still gunna be really good summoner builds
Specter, Skelemancer, Golemancer, Herald of Agony all looking good.

Zombiemancer (due to slam cooldowns), Animate Guardian and SRS not looking as well.

Sleeper Necro build: Corpsemancer with Unearth/Volatile Dead and Poet Pen. Bodyswap got some nice juice too.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Specter, Skelemancer, Golemancer, Herald of Agony all looking good.

Zombiemancer (due to slam cooldowns), Animate Guardian and SRS not looking as well.

Sleeper Necro build: Corpsemancer with Unearth/Volatile Dead and Poet Pen. Bodyswap got some nice juice too.
Thanks. Thinking about going skeletons

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
You can roll +3 elemental gems level and +2 spell gems level on staves.

Lol.
EDIT: managed to get 180k dps selfcast Volatile Dead per ball. Should 1 shot most of map monsters. If I link spell cascade I go down to 100k but spawn 12 balls per cast xD. I need to test the interaction between Spell Cascade and Inspiration, small chance than the additional AoE counts as Inspiration charges.

Last edited:

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
For a moment I thought Explosive trap with a Crit physical Wand and some conversion going on to take advantage of the Explosives Expert will be something new... lul

Considering I've never played a sumnmoner before, is this a decent framework to start with?

This is one of the most popular builds if you wanna go spectre
www.pathofexile.com

Witch - Kay's Summoner Memorial Page | New Guide is linked inside! - Forum - Path of Exile

Path of Exile is a free online-only action RPG under development by Grinding Gear Games in New Zealand.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Is it pretty easy to jump around between Spectre/Zombie/Skeleton/Golem? Not sure which one I'm gunna do for league starter yet, probably not zombies though lol.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Im having a hard time finding a leveling guide useful for my Selfcast Volatile Dead Necromancer.

Most of the VD builds are doing Attack Speed based Poet Pen which is not similar to my build. I tried to find selfcast Fireball or any selfcasted fire spell but no avail, everybody is doing either Totems or Mines in the forums.

I'll YOLO the starting nodes tomorrow...

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
Is it pretty easy to jump around between Spectre/Zombie/Skeleton/Golem? Not sure which one I'm gunna do for league starter yet, probably not zombies though lol.

Spectre/Zombie/Skeleton yes, in previous leagues "required" uniques for these builds were less than 10c each.

Golems are more difficult to get into. They require many, many jewels to work and some of the jewels are 1ex+ (Anima Stone + Primordial Might). And that 1ex+ was with summoners being less than 1% of player population, I can only imagine it's going to be more expensive now.

See:

1 anima stone and as many primordial jewels as you can socket. 7-8 of these should be a good starting point.

You can switch to golems without rerolling your char, but it will be expensive.

Last edited:

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Don't sleep on https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Matua_Tupuna , the fated prophecy https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Mentor and the fated version https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Whakatutuki_o_Matua .

Even if it is a 3 link, +3 Minion is powerful and the increased Aura effects synergize well with Necro Ascendancy node "Commander of Darkness". You can put your Offering or secondary minion gems here.
I will throw in my two cents as well.

Invest in Empowers and +21 Specter gems this league. Empowers will be run on every Summoner build and will be in HUGE demand this league. Try leveling 6 Specter gems in your weapon swap and corrupt them for possible lvl21 for big money returns.

Wasp Nest is going to be in demand in start of league so if you find one (they are fairly common) make sure you check for price fixers. Same thing for Coralito's poison flask, will be in HUGE demand due to poison and assassin buffs.

For fossils look out for any minion/skill related fossils. Delve items are very powerful for Summoners so certain fossils will be in HUGE demand. And of course high lvl Elder Bone Helmets.

While normally very common and cheap, Victario's shield gonna be in high demand early on. Giving Frenzy charges to minions is very strong.

Last league I was correct on a lot of accounts even niche stuff that saw a lot of play. Even I was shocked at how expensive Starforge and Lions Roar got.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
So are we just gunna have to wait and see how Zombiemancer plays out to determine if it did in fact get hit with a nerf?

Also I can't decide on which summoner build I want

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
So are we just gunna have to wait and see how Zombiemancer plays out to determine if it did in fact get hit with a nerf?

Also I can't decide on which summoner build I want

Pretty much where I'm at. Never been a huge fan of Spectres but the changes might make it more palatable.