• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I will throw in my two cents as well.

Invest in Empowers and +21 Specter gems this league. Empowers will be run on every Summoner build and will be in HUGE demand this league. Try leveling 6 Specter gems in your weapon swap and corrupt them for possible lvl21 for big money returns.

Wasp Nest is going to be in demand in start of league so if you find one (they are fairly common) make sure you check for price fixers. Same thing for Coralito's poison flask, will be in HUGE demand due to poison and assassin buffs.

For fossils look out for any minion/skill related fossils. Delve items are very powerful for Summoners so certain fossils will be in HUGE demand. And of course high lvl Elder Bone Helmets.

While normally very common and cheap, Victario's shield gonna be in high demand early on. Giving Frenzy charges to minions is very strong.

Last league I was correct on a lot of accounts even niche stuff that saw a lot of play. Even I was shocked at how expensive Starforge and Lions Roar got.
Any must have unique's or rares for Miners? Im totally clueless since I never played a miner.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
Another thing to look out for early are corroded fossils. With poison being meta corroded is going to go up in price. Particularly for the 60% chance for Poisons inflicted with this Weapon to deal 100% more Damage. Also, start thinking about what div cards may be valuable that people are sleeping on due to the meta change. You can make a lot of currency by paying attention to the right div cards. Early on you may be able to craft a meta item by buying the div cards for them and it will be way cheaper.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Another thing to look out for early are corroded fossils. With poison being meta corroded is going to go up in price. Particularly for the 60% chance for Poisons inflicted with this Weapon to deal 100% more Damage. Also, start thinking about what div cards may be valuable that people are sleeping on due to the meta change. You can make a lot of currency by paying attention to the right div cards. Early on you may be able to craft a meta item by buying the div cards for them and it will be way cheaper.
Div card flipping has been my bread and butter early start money maker for leagues now. Get to maps, farm chaos recipe, buy div cards, sell the resultant item for profit, repeat. Not always the best way to make money but it's served me well since Delve.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
While it wasn't that much I made a decent bit of currency flipping fated items early on. I've always sucked at making currency so these small trades helped and eventually did add up.

Hyrri's Bite > Hyrri's Ire was making me 8-13c on top of what I paid to buy the prophecy and quiver each time and they were selling like crazy. Had a couple days where I sold like 12 of them.

Death's Harp > Death's Opus was decent, prophecy was a bit more expensive but it always sold.

Screaming Eagle > The Gryphon did well.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Any must have unique's or rares for Miners? Im totally clueless since I never played a miner.

I think miner may be the way to go this league, from a cheap gear perspective. Minion and poison assassin gear is probably going to be super popular and in-demand, while miners will probably be able to be very strong on a budget due to not being as in the zeitgeist as the other two.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Very few miner uniques. There is only really Temor Rod and Curtain Call, both have niche uses. Curtain Call has a huge stat requirement as well. Most Trappers/Miners tend to use generic Rares and Uniques. A bunch of trappers use Tinkerskin with EB though for big sustain.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
What about elder/shaper items for Miners? Is there an rare piece of armour really desirable?

Thank you for the answers so far and forgive my ignorance.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
What about elder/shaper items for Miners? Is there an rare piece of armour really desirable?

Helmet and Gloves though they nerfed Trapper mod on Gloves. You can get effective 6L even 7 link on a helmet potentially.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
Swords and foils? Also what gem colors do you need? I'm guessing RRGB, RRRB, and RRRR right? In terms of priority which 3 colors and 4 colors do you need?
I'm playing Trapper
GGGB, GGGG, GGBR, GGRR

For weapons, at early stages, before the 4 links start to drop anything GGG, GGB will be fine. Then any one-handed with crit as implicit without colour priority

Shaper gloves with socketed gems something something trap support skill

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
3x spectres from lvl 21 gem and +1 from passive tree is plenty.

I'm hyped!

I'd still shoot for a +1 delve chest as an endgame item.
Spectre/Zombie/Skeleton yes, in previous leagues "required" uniques for these builds were less than 10c each.

Golems are more difficult to get into. They require many, many jewels to work and some of the jewels are 1ex+ (Anima Stone + Primordial Might). And that 1ex+ was with summoners being less than 1% of player population, I can only imagine it's going to be more expensive now.

See:

1 anima stone and as many primordial jewels as you can socket. 7-8 of these should be a good starting point.

You can switch to golems without rerolling your char, but it will be expensive.

We have feeding frenzy, +2 golems in elementalist, and +1 golem on tree. You can get a very reasonable start without needing any primordial jewels. They help but they are no longer required.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
Think I'm just going to go orb of storms racing setup to start, and my next build will be the venom gyre build. Orb of storms is just too good with little investment, and will receive major buffs in the assassin tree. Would be able to do red maps on a four link no problem, and will be fast as hell. Just going to farm up the currency and my second build will be all crafted gear.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Think I'm just going to go orb of storms racing setup to start, and my next build will be the venom gyre build. Orb of storms is just too good with little investment, and will receive major buffs in the assassin tree. Would be able to do red maps on a four link no problem, and will be fast as hell. Just going to farm up the currency and my second build will be all crafted gear.
Hmm

This sounds like a solid strat. I did essence drain last league for the same purpose and it was easily the best league start decision I've ever made. Funded the shit out of my next build quickly

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Cobra Lash Assassin seems like a very fast and easy league starter as well. Good damage numbers on it and built in Chain combined with the new speed on Assassin. The only issue is that most people will not know how to scale it optimally.

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Cobra Lash Assassin seems like a very fast and easy league starter as well. Good damage numbers on it and built in Chain combined with the new speed on Assassin. The only issue is that most people will not know how to scale it optimally.

If the mechanics are as good as they look then stacking cold damage and playing as ranger might be better. Ricochet damage could be amazing. Gloomfang also looks solid.

Last edited:

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Bookmark this.

Assuming golden oil is the rarest, soul of steel is triple golden oil 🤦‍♀️
  • Clear Oil
  • Sepia Oil
  • Amber Oil
  • Verdant Oil
  • Teal Oil
  • Azure Oil
  • Violet Oil
  • Crimson Oil
  • Black Oil
  • Opalescent Oil
  • Silver Oil
  • Golden Oil
This is the order provided by GGG for the item filter. My speculation is that this is the rarity of the oils in descendent order.

EDIT: You can use oils on Blighted Maps for extra effects, the list is at the end of the Oil table. +25% pack size looks yummy.

EDIT2: The ones I find interesting for my build (selfcast spellcaster):
Divine Judgement (6% fire DoT, 18% increase elemental damage, 5% elemental penetration, 10% non-damaging ailment) is cheap AF and a big DPS increase for any fire caster.
Graceful Assault is also cheap and a source of Onslaught on Kill and Onslaught effect, which is a nice movement speed boost.
Crusader, according to leaks, was the Increase mana to dmg conversion at 30%, is expensive.
Tranquility was the same but for energy shield, also expensive.
Arcane Swiftness (Spell dmg per block chance) is EDIT:NOT cheap and okay.
All the notables affecting auras are expensive AF.

Last edited:

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
I'm playing Trapper
GGGB, GGGG, GGBR, GGRR

For weapons, at early stages, before the 4 links start to drop anything GGG, GGB will be fine. Then any one-handed with crit as implicit without colour priority

Shaper gloves with socketed gems something something trap support skill

Just finished updating my filter, and was able to make a trapper filter for you. At the end of my post there will be a picture of what the loot drops will look like. I like Havocs race filter a lot so I used it as the base for this one. Here's the filter.

Here's what the items will look like.

Going to explain a couple of things about this. Any rare thrusting sword or dagger is going to be bright green, any normal or magic sword/dagger will have a green border, and non of them have drop sounds. Alts, Transmutes, Chaos, and Chance orbs all have different sounds. Chance and fusings have the same sound. The reason for this is because I'm going to 100% grab them. Even when they are out of the way. I need them for gems and early maps.

3 links of the right colors GGG/GGB have green borders and have distinct drop sounds, but they stop being filtered after item level 35. This is because by then you should have those colors already unless you are extremely unlucky. Havocs threshold was item level 30, but I adjusted it up a little. 4 links have red borders, and the ones with the colors you are looking for have a distinct drop sound.

If you can test this out before the league starts. That way you can get a feel for the filter, and check to make sure it does everything you want it to. If you want me to adjust anything let me know, but you have to tell me a couple of hours before league starts. If you have any other questions about the filter let me know.

Edit: Meant to make a note of this. What I would suggest is to use this filter until the end of act 3 and then swap to a general filter or swap to a general filter when you have everything set up.

I expect gold oils will be 1-3ex
That would be nice. My plan is to speed farm low tier maps, and farming oils is a big part of that.

Last edited:

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
Google Sheet for the effects of the notables on one page Here
I think we will have an interactive site very soon.
It is not POE if you don't have to open your browser

If you can test this out before the league starts. That way you can get a feel for the filter, and check to make sure it does everything you want it to. If you want me to adjust anything let me know, but you have to tell me a couple of hours before league starts. If you have any other questions about the filter let me know.

Edit: Meant to make a note of this. What I would suggest is to use this filter until the end of act 3 and then swap to a general filter or swap to a general filter when you have everything set up.

That would be nice. My plan is to speed farm low tier maps, and farming oils is a big part of that.
Thanks, great work

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
Google Sheet for the effects of the notables on one page Here
I think we will have an interactive site very soon.
It is not POE if you don't have to open your browser

Thanks, great work
For some reason the filter isn't making sounds for when uniques drop. I've adjusted the filter to make sure a sound plays when a unique drops. This is on the off chance a gg leveling unique drops. Here's the updated filter.

Once you hit end of act 3 or sometime in act 4 I would swap this filter with neversinks regular one. By then you should be set with most of your gear and you know what to watch out for.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
I've seen a few people talking about how DI totems would be a decent starter but I never end up sticking with totems when I play them.

Oct 25, 2017
Newbie here, excited for Blight launch!

Just wondering, how do I join the Era guild? Do I need to submit my character ID that's created, or do i need to send in my account name?

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017
I have been consumed with school and work and haven't even seen the new league mechanics or patch notes. Need to come up with a build in 30 minutes.

Can someone give me a TLDR?

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have been consumed with school and work and haven't even seen the new league mechanics or patch notes. Need to come up with a build in 30 minutes.

Big poison and summoner buffs
Cyclone AoE nerfed badly, pulverize gem nerfed badly too
League is tower defense making clear speed not as useful as before

I'm levelling as sunder/cyclone and transitioning to RF around level 75

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017

Its tower defense.
You get oils that can put notables on certain slots of gear.
New poison skills and minion supports.

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017
If you need a build Orb of storms assassin is going to be an easy league starter.

Interesting. That was my build start last league. Worked out pretty well seeing as I went in mostly blind with it.

How are you building yours?

Edit: Actually I think I went trickster with mine and not assassin. Didn't see the assassin changes until now.

Big poison and summoner buffs
Cyclone AoE nerfed badly, pulverize gem nerfed badly too
League is tower defense making clear speed not as useful as before

I'm levelling as sunder/cyclone and transitioning to RF around level 75
Its tower defense.
You get oils that can put notables on certain slots of gear.
New poison skills and minion supports.

Thanks. Not surprised about cyclone AoE nerf. I lost interest in last league rather quickly due to that nonsense.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
Also master mission rework. Your daily master missions now stack infinitely and you can run them at any time you want by talking to the master in your hideout. Also ~1/2 or so of map master encounters are now rewarded as stored master missions (similar to dailys) on map completion.

In other words, you can run master missions at any time you want, rather than having to run them then and there (or risk wasting them).

Mastermind buffed, rewards 1 room for every syndicate member, not just room per safehouse leader.

Delve "up to monster cap" journey is now shorter: less levels to complete before hitting lvl 83 mobs.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting. That was my build start last league. Worked out pretty well seeing as I went in mostly blind with it.

How are you building yours?

Thanks. Not surprised about cyclone AoE nerf. I lost interest in last league rather quickly due to that nonsense.

This is the tree progression.

17 Points
33 Points
44 Points
59 Points
81 Points

Use frost bomb - added lightning - onslaught until 12 then swap to the following

OOS - Onslaught - Ele Prolif
Arcane Surge - Wave of Conviction - Flame Dash
Explosive trap - Mine and Trap Damage - Poison/Controlled Destruction

Swap to lightning spire trap at 28

Eventually the 4 links are going to be

OOS - Chain - Elemental Prolif/Inspiration - Ice Bite (can swap this for something else up to you)
Lightning Spire - Elemental Focus - Controlled Destruction - Trap and Mine
Heralds - Innervate
Wave of Conviction - Phys to Lightning - Unleash - Controlled Destruction

Ascendency Order: Mistwalker - Stable Infusion - Deadly Infusion - Ambush and Assassinate/Opportunistic (Last one is up to personal pref. I'm going ambush early then swapping)

Mistwalker is nuts. One of the new things added.

This is the top racers run he made yesterday. The character name is TriHard_WideHard_TriHar. Can use it for reference.

Last edited:

Kentsui

Oct 26, 2017
I'll go AW Totems Chieftain for a start, liked it quite a lot for Synthesis although it wasn't very well suited for the zoom zoom playstyle required in the nexus areas, should be better with this one.

Then I'll look how Golem builds have changed with the patch and might finally play one, if not i'll jump on the summoner train.