• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017
I am 23k because I didn't have steam open to download the patch....

Oh well I am at work anyways and I need to find an open office to hide.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
I need infinite money so I can get the Lich supporter pack. Too many games coming out so I can't justify spending the $60 but it looks pretty rad.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
Queue isn't moving for me, but for a streamer I'm watching it is. Hopefully it's just a visual bug.

edit-- Something is wrong with Frankfurt gateway. I switched to Amsterdam and queue is moving. It's 30k+ but oh well.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU this game I have a disconnect now I'm 23K
giphy.gif

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017
Da7fnPM.png

I can't play on my new laptop because the game defaults to the integrated graphics no matter what settings I do.

Sweeeeeet.

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017
I'd assume you can edit this value in a config from outside of the game?

Changing in the production_config.ini does nothing.

I have to change the global settings through the nvidia control panel to not auto select even if the program setting shows the nvidia GPU.

Guess I am going to have to change this every time I want to play this game as I do not want to run of the dGPU for everything.

I should be able to manually add the exe location that the program is running off of and force the GPU through the control panel and see if that works.

Edit: That seemed to do the trick. Wonder why the x64 exe doesn't use the Nvidia GPU and the other one does.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
lol I put burning legion support on skeletons and they last like 3 seconds. It works since things seem to melt.

Edit: Lol wtf, most amount of lanes I'd done for the Blight event was 3 and then I get to Crossroads and it gives me 6.

Last edited:

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
I'm really enjoying blight encounters so far. Minions seem to work well for them. Melee splash SRS all around and rewards are good too.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Found a Talisman with +1 maximum zombies. Shame I'm using my amulet for Str and Dex right now.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
The TD is fine but it's very cluttered and sometimes hard to tell why you lost, pretty frustrating

It can also be kind of fucked when a portal spawns relatively close to the pump. I also had a 4 portal one where they were all on their own path, only met up at the pump and I couldn't defend that.

Found https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Triad_Grip No idea how useful they might be but I might as well hold on to them.

Last edited:

Rufus

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I'm playing a generic crit mine Saboteur. Currently using Pyroclast Mines and I think I might stick with them. Very glad about the change to mine mechanics. Throwing is so much more comfortable than placing them. Throwing speed is really nice from the start, too.

Works well with the leage mechanic too, but very divergent layouts are tough for me still. Minions, totems and AoE degen builds can probably just camp the pump.

Reservation mechanic: Fine, but if you have to press a mana flask you're twisting your fingers unless you rebind your keys to make it more comfortable. Dunno what to do about this yet. Thinking of just pumping mana regen. If I ditch the Skitterbots I could go MoM.

Stormblast Mine: good to start with. Desperate for more area.

Icicle Mine: could be really strong with projectile scalling (and chain). Good for league mechanic.

Pyroclast Mine: melts bosses so far. Dominus' 2nd form died in 2 seconds.

Skitterbots: too slow to trigger mines. Had hoped to have them handle that while I throw and dodge. Might work better with proper supports? Their chill and shock is fine though.

Minefield: Looney Toons animation. Not yet sure how useful it really is, at least with Pyroclast Mines. Will investigate once I've farmed a Tabula.

Sister Clarrissa: her actress just doesn't have enough range for VO work. All I hear is Piety.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Playing a zombie necro with golems, spectres and skeles. I don't know if I'll end up sticking with all of them due to efficiently, but the build I'm following is tanky, strong and fun as hell so far.
I'm playing a generic crit mine Saboteur. Currently using Pyroclast Mines and I think I might stick with them. Very glad about the change to mine mechanics. Throwing is so much more comfortable than placing them. Throwing speed is really nice from the start, too.

Works well with the leage mechanic too, but very divergent layouts are tough for me still. Minions, totems and AoE degen builds can probably just camp the pump.

Reservation mechanic: Fine, but if you have to press a mana flask you're twisting your fingers unless you rebind your keys to make it more comfortable. Dunno what to do about this yet. Thinking of just pumping mana regen. If I ditch the Skitterbots I could go MoM.

Stormblast Mine: good to start with. Desperate for more area.

Icicle Mine: could be really strong with projectile scalling (and chain). Good for league mechanic.

Pyroclast Mine: melts bosses so far. Dominus' 2nd form died in 2 seconds.

Skitterbots: too slow to trigger mines. Had hoped to have them handle that while I throw and dodge. Might work better with proper supports? Their chill and shock is fine though.

Minefield: Looney Toons animation. Not yet sure how useful it really is, at least with Pyroclast Mines. Will investigate once I've farmed a Tabula.

Sister Clarrissa: her actress just doesn't have enough range for VO work. All I hear is Piety.
Thanks for this update. Might take some time before folks start realizing which mine builds are best.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Victario's Shield at 30 Chaos lol. That's the highest I have ever seen it go.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
What's up with these weapons. I have the Vaal filters, maybe I need to update it but they seem like something was changed to make them stand out. There's so many of them of different types. I looked at the update quick notes and they list a lot of base weapons but I don't know what changed about them.

9qF6xW5.png

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like the new Rune dagger archetype is messing with the loot filter.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Blighted Maps constantly crash and has big performance issues. As does the Venom Gyre skill when you Whirling Blades among other bugs, performance issues and crashes. But in terms of design the league seems to be a hit among players.

Also the last 2 rarest Oils can only be gotten in Red maps. Currently the 2nd highest Oil is worth like 50 Chaos which is honestly lower than I thought it would be but Chaos is still worth quite a bit so expect that number to go up.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really struggling with poison for levelling. Feels very much like something you do as a second character when you can afford some gear and items for it. Whereas minions seem to just stomp right out of the gate.

Oct 25, 2017
Blighted maps look insane. There's no way I'll be able to run them on my potato.

Anyway, this league is even more fun than Legion, which is unbelievable.

Eldon

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really struggling with poison for levelling. Feels very much like something you do as a second character when you can afford some gear and items for it. Whereas minions seem to just stomp right out of the gate.
Same, started with a cobra lash assassin, decent clear but slow bossing. Got to 55 and decided to get my already created witch. Don't even bother to upgrade items, just looking for color sockets and the experience is so much better.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Poison doesn't feel good until you are geared and specced out. Cobra Lash is fine for a leveling skill but there are better options. Go with a standard Chaos DoT skill instead like Toxic Rain, Essence Drain or Caustic Arrow. But Poison late game going to be doing DPS in the 10s of million.

Minions build were always strong right of the gate, they were just kept back by mechanics and clunkyness. They changed that this league, made the gems themselves stronger without needing ascendancies and improved the mechanics. No surprise to see 35% of the league characters being Necromancers. The league mechanic is also very suited to Necromancers as your minions can kill and block lane minions while you mess with towers.

And yea Blighted maps are unplayable for most people. They need to fix the performance issues in it and prevent instant crashes. Don't even bother running until there is a legitimate fix to them.

Rufus

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
So after trying all new/revamped mines, I changed to Glacial Casacde mines. More range than Pyroclast, and, at least for now, more damage. Haven't compared optimized set-ups in PoB yet.

Keeping the Skitterbots around, they're cute (also 10% more dmg).

MoM is out of the question unless I use Cloak of Defiance.

All that unreserved mana is bothering me, but I suppose this is how it has to be. Could perhaps use a Blasphemy (enfeeble, with Sab blind should be really nice) with enough regen.

Last edited:

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Theory crafted a Dex stacking Deadeye Cobra Lash build. Got to around 5.5 million DPS without even using the Cobra Lash Helm Enchant which would boost damage dramatically. Can get around 3 million damage with Venom Gyre which can do even more damage because of returning projectile with pierce taken on tree and the Whirling Blade pseudo shotgunning.

Definitely a build worth exploring as it can give nice avoidance, speed and damage. The main issue is that it uses a bunch of attribute uniques (Astramentis, Cyclopian Horror, Fractal Thoughts, Perfect Form) so resistances are a bit harder to come by as well expensive Shaper Claws.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Managed to get a 5L shavs and now mapping is silky smooth.

Now GGG fix Volatile Dead AI already!

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
Minion feeding frenzy, onslaught (from passive tree node), max minion movement speed passive/ascendancy nodes, flesh offering and to top if all off, max frenzy charges. The speed of my minions is absurd. Now I just need to get +speed enchantments on gear and the new summoner wand.

I have trouble keeping up with my +85% movement speed (boots + flasks), it's so much fun. Now to just get mistress of sacrifice + adrenaline flask mod to get some movement speed for myself too.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
Can't even force myself to grind through the maps to get elder orb. Just not feeling this league at all. I don't like tower defense games, and wanted to give this league a chance. Just not for me.

Rufus

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I just cannot decide on what kind of mine to use. Pyroclast is nice for single target, but kinda blows for clear. Icicle is great for clear, but blows for single target. I don't want to use both. Might try Stormblast again... Currently using GC mines and they're fiiine, but...

Also, I really don't like Minefield at all. Swift Assembly is adequate for mass mine spam and has no downside. Especially when you just hold the mine buttons down and only trigger them every once in a while, which seems to be the favoured style right now.

Also got myself a Cloak of Defiance. Nice 3D art. Had to respec some to get enough mana and decided to ditch the Skitterbots, cause they reserve too much mana. They also appear to mess up the above mentioned playstayle.

Kinda feel like re-rolling already. :/

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm enjoying my first summoner run. Only up to act 6 so far and mostly crap gear, but I'm running around with 8 zombies and 3 slave driver spectres and they are melting shit.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Blight mechanic scales up with map tier. Red maps more rewarding than white maps. For efficiency, Grimro suggests doing yellow maps for now as they are best bang for the buck at the moment (not as big of a jump from yellow to red as there is from white to yellow). Overall the mechanic in map is rewarding and definitely worth doing especially at slightly higher map tiers.

However the Blighted maps are a big fat flop. Even juiced up, oiled up red Blighted maps do not drop nearly enough currency to justify cost. In fact they drop less than actual regular Blight encounters (on average especially when considering cost//benefit ratio). So big yikes there by GGG, definitely needs a Synthesis/Bestiary like up in rewards patch change.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
I've been playing this game for years and still don't know any abbreviations or nicknames for any end game shit because every time I look anything up I just see people with copy pasta builds or all trying to do the same 4 things