• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
wdym, regarding exalts ? Doubt it, just idiots gaming the market as usual.

In other news ziz ripped at 99.5 in SSFHC, when he was leading the race. The thing is the guy behind him gave up in the race by deleting his char like 30 seconds before ziz's death, and apparently there's some drama because he asked to get restored so he can win the race now. Dumb drama.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Is the game acting weird for anyone else since the Blight patch? Often things will stop and sometimes it will start again or I get kicked back to the log in screen. It's getting annoying. Watching some streams it doesn't seem like they are having that issue though.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Is the game acting weird for anyone else since the Blight patch? Often things will stop and sometimes it will start again or I get kicked back to the log in screen. It's getting annoying. Watching some streams it doesn't seem like they are having that issue though.
I'm having that issue. Lots of lag stuttering in general but in Blight Maps it's basically a slideshow once shit gets real. It's intermittent too. Sometimes even just in my hideout I'll get weird microstutters but it'll go away once I'm in a map.
----------

I'm pretty happy with my league start. It's a 88 Storm Burst Trickster. I haven't seen the skill used much (POE Ninja shows only 5 tricksters between level 91-100) and I'm not sure why. It's cleaning house in everything I've thrown it at. The idea behind the build is to do most of an ele convert from lightning to cold via 2x Call of the Brotherhood rings to get easy shocks for the damage boost and the security provided by freezing/chilling things. I'm using a 5L Shroud of the Lightless for the "easy" 6L setup and the occasional phys immunity is nice. I'm debating writing it up since it's been the easiest char I've played both in gearing and playstyle. Link setup: Storm Burst-->Phys to Lightning-->Arcane Surge-->Infused channelling-->Conc effect. I use Orb of storms to proc Innervation along with chain and ES leech, A lightning golem for the cast speed (might swap to stone or chaos golem for security though), and a spell totem with Wave of conviction-->Phys to Lightning-->increased duration to proc cold exposure. Still deciding on my CWDT setup. I'm thinking either enfeeble or steelskin.

The biggest challenge I had was getting enough mana regen to use storm burst indefinitely while keeping Herald of Ice and Hatred up.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I had a good chunk of unspent points from supporter pack purchases, so decided to dump about 500 on yesterday's sale. I now have the gargoyle armor skin and dragon wings so I can go full demon man.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I had a good chunk of unspent points from supporter pack purchases, so decided to dump about 500 on yesterday's sale. I now have the gargoyle armor skin and dragon wings so I can go full demon man.
The fact that you can't zoom in on console makes (most) cosmetic mtx's pretty useless, because I can barely see them from the default viewpoint.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
wdym, regarding exalts ? Doubt it, just idiots gaming the market as usual.

In other news ziz ripped at 99.5 in SSFHC, when he was leading the race. The thing is the guy behind him gave up in the race by deleting his char like 30 seconds before ziz's death, and apparently there's some drama because he asked to get restored so he can win the race now. Dumb drama.
The plot thickens. Dude who got his char restored just died because he read his fucking chat LMAO

KKRT

Oct 27, 2017
WTF! This has never happened to me, i got one shot by Control Block's boss bomb with 3.6k hp :O

ASRjvoA.png

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Have exalts even come down significantly in the last 2 or 3 leagues once they start to rise? Seems like once they go up the generally stay there or go even higher.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
When's the last time exalts actually came down (significantly) in price? Must have been before I did leagues, which was pre delve.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Wow I put some shoes in my sell tab and I'm being flooded with people wanting to buy it. Thing is I put it there not expecting anyone to want it for the price I put it at, I was thinking of keeping it for myself, and they are even raising the price of the offers. I can't respond to them all. What the heck haha.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
If someone is offering to raise the price, it's because they know they probably weren't the first person to message you and want to offer you a better deal to try to win. Definitely a clear sign that you priced something too low.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Yeah if people are offering you more, you likely significantly underpriced. Also yeah, agree with Rufus , some people are fucking nasty about getting that item at all costs. They will try to guilt you into lowering the price and insist that no one will buy it for more. It's toxic and happens to me quite often, then I end up selling for the price the argued up and down would never happen or even higher, soon after.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Wow I put some shoes in my sell tab and I'm being flooded with people wanting to buy it. Thing is I put it there not expecting anyone to want it for the price I put it at, I was thinking of keeping it for myself, and they are even raising the price of the offers. I can't respond to them all. What the heck haha.
Link the shoes.

Probably just take it out of sell tab until you can get a better gauge on the price.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I just went ahead and put them on for now. I have way too many normal resists, waiting on a chaos mod with lightning to fit that on with the craft bench.
OhBMxnj.jpg

Merkunt

Oct 25, 2017
7x7z3Al.png

This is some bullshit; I've noticed this has been happening more this league than in previous ones, maybe something to do with the shared sulphite between characters?

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just go deep and don't do big detours until you hit level 81+ monsters

Also remember to explore your paths. Some pretty common fossils (corroded bound etc) are insanely expensive.

Last edited:

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
I haven't encountered anything special issues or strangeness with Delve. I think your league delve instance is just unlucky. It's randomly generated after all, not fairly generated.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I just went ahead and put them on for now. I have way too many normal resists, waiting on a chaos mod with lightning to fit that on with the craft bench.
OhBMxnj.jpg
Basically a triple resistance boot with 30% movement speed and over 70 life... yes that's a damn good pair of boots especially early in the league.

V_Arnold

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hungary
I think we're looking at a bubble though, 110 to 145+ in a day is fucking dumb.

Actually, no. The price increases sharply early leagues. From ~70 up to 110~ over one or two days, and now this.
It will land at around ~180, as it should , given how fast one can earn chaos now with Delving and doing blight events.

(Meanwhile, I had 5 exalteds drop in the first five days, used them, now I have 2 left, and made a 6-link vis mortis with 400 fusings.)

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Actually, no. The price increases sharply early leagues. From ~70 up to 110~ over one or two days, and now this.
It will land at around ~180, as it should , given how fast one can earn chaos now with Delving and doing blight events.

(Meanwhile, I had 5 exalteds drop in the first five days, used them, now I have 2 left, and made a 6-link vis mortis with 400 fusings.)
Several people have >100 exalts listed now, this reeks of speculation. I think in betrayal or synthesis there was a huge spec bubble on ex early on too, followed by a big crash.
Level 91, one ex drop, good times.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Several people have >100 exalts listed now, this reeks of speculation. I think in betrayal or synthesis there was a huge spec bubble on ex early on too, followed by a big crash.
Level 91, one ex drop, good times.
The spike in Exalt is usually due to botting becoming rampant and then the crash occurs when the banwave begins. Usually has been the case when Exalt prices surge past the norm.

That said nowadays its not uncommon for Exalts to mature to 170-180C when the League has matured past the first week. Part of it is that the average player can just get way more Chaos on average which makes them less valuable overall. Also various meta related aspects in the game can spike Exalts like the Multimod recipe in Syndicate.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
anyone know what the symbols on the portal mean, i see they are the same symbols as the towers and wondering if it's telling me i should build those kind of towers near portal or that they are less effective?

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
fuk taking Power Precision breaks Cobra Lash skill, it doesn't seek out targets and just goes in a straight line when shot
That's working as intended. Skills Pierce before they Chain and they won't chain until all the pieces are used up. PP gives 3 pierces and guaranteed pierce on nearby enemies meaning you will probably never be in a case where Chain will get applied. Only way a chain is going to happen if you have 5 enemies in a distance in a straight line... it pierces the first 3 targets then chains off of the 4th on to the fifth. However most of the time you will be in range of PP's effect and pierce all targets.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
That's working as intended. Skills Pierce before they Chain and they won't chain until all the pieces are used up. PP gives 3 pierces and guaranteed pierce on nearby enemies meaning you will probably never be in a case where Chain will get applied. Only way a chain is going to happen if you have 5 enemies in a distance in a straight line... it pierces the first 3 targets then chains off of the 4th on to the fifth. However most of the time you will be in range of PP's effect and pierce all targets.
yea i just didn't expect it and still not sure if i like the change as i have to fire more

only went that way so i didn't just do raider again

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Minions are insane, don't think I've killed Kitava anywhere near as quickly or as easily, it's been easy mode so far!

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I just wanna say.. again

Kadin

Thank you for introducing me to Poe Map which made completing all my maps silky smooth. Got about 20-30 maps in a half hour and and almost done with them all.

Highly recommended if you don't like trading for specific maps all day and wasting all your time.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
I just wanna say.. again

Kadin

Thank you for introducing me to Poe Map which made completing all my maps silky smooth. Got about 20-30 maps in a half hour and and almost done with them all.

Highly recommended if you don't like trading for specific maps all day and wasting all your time.
Glad another person has seen the light! Haha, yeah it works quite well and takes away (a lot of) the headache that is map trading.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
The wand that I sold for 35C is now 6 exalts on the market
giphy.gif

My trapper is kinda shit the clear speed is lacking, I'm gonna respect to follow Demi's lightning trap

Currently, at lvl 88, I'm starting to die too often. I haven't completed a single Blighted map. I will Reds maps today.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are blight maps much harder than blight encounters?

Up to act 8 now, and the blight encounters are a cake walk, don't even need to worry about using any towers

Kentsui

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah Blight maps can become crazy, so much so that in the current state of the game they are likely to crash due to the number of things happening in them.

Just hit level 90 with my Warchief Totem league starter, have every map to T9 completed (and randomly up to T12), some nice cash in the bank , and a little selection of interesting build enabling uniques on hand, and it's only one week and a day into the league.
I think that's my best league start yet.

I'll take a little break and level a spectre summoner now I think.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Not feeling the VD selfcast character tbh, dont really wanna try to do Shaper with it or 24 challenges...

:(

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Honestly, if you wanna just do something basic, relaxing and fun (possibly to fund something else you're more interested in), summon with zombies/skeles is good early and only gets better as you progress. Just did 4 blight maps in a row and the returns are pretty damn nice.

You can do all red maps off of two 4 links, I'm pretty sure of it.

I've only died 15 times up to (almost) lvl 94, and most of them could have been easily prevented (a few one shots in blight maps in which I was just standing and getting hit)