• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kentsui

Oct 26, 2017
Or if you can, use a weapon with the crafted "Trigger socketed spell when you use a skill" effect for Desecrate.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, Cassia's barks make me laugh every single time, she's great.

That said, I see a lot of people really don't like her, she's a pretty Marmite character!

V_Arnold

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hungary
Nice patch. I just deleted my chracter though, it was end of the league :P (As in I finished shaper, red elder, was farming t16 stuff easily with 5 Slave Driver spectres and 6.8k hp, but I see no point in grinding for grinding's sake, for the remainder of the league).

Last edited:

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying for the 24 challenges right now. I'm at 20/40 and what appear to be the most obtainable remaining ones are all pretty much RNG. The "easiest" ones are Blight bosses (missing 9), Blight Rares (missing 6), Blight Boxes (missing 40 pustules), and either Legion encounters (need the sextant mod) or Rogue Exiles (missing 2).

I'm hoping to be done before too long. I'm really itching to try a miner but I don't want to level another character until I'm "done" with the challenges. I suppose I could buy my way out of a couple (use Oils, unique maps, and blighted map mods) but I'd rather save the currency for other characters.

I'm hoping the patch improves blighted map performance. I've crashed out of every one I've tried.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My RF jugg is almost capped when it comes to gear. Could push for some insanes pieces but whatever, can't be arsed. I'll just gamble all my currency away to try for a burning/conc/horror helmet now, so far about 60-70 tries and nothing, just burning/minion shit or conc/minion shit, no luck on hitting burning conc :(

At least horrors aren't 40c a pop, thanks blight rewards I guess ?

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
This is the most I've done in a league, even though I'm still having random disconnects and freezes. Now I'm realizing how uber lab is unlocked and it looks like I'll have a use for those tier 1 maps. Pop and scout then exit. I don't even feel like I'd need the last two ascendancies but I just want to know if it'll be a breeze I guess.

Telaso

Oct 25, 2017
This is the most I've done in a league, even though I'm still having random disconnects and freezes. Now I'm realizing how uber lab is unlocked and it looks like I'll have a use for those tier 1 maps. Pop and scout then exit. I don't even feel like I'd need the last two ascendancies but I just want to know if it'll be a breeze I guess.

You can also join Global 820 (if you are playing trade league) and people give them away all the time.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1568702840-concburn.png

MOTHER OF ALL FUCKS THAT HIT

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
As another poster said, type /global 820 in chat, you'll have them all done in about 30 min if you're lucky.

Merkunt

Oct 25, 2017
Gratz Shugga, how many did it take you this league? Seems like it was heavy lopsided towards minion modifiers :lol

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't count but probably over a hundred tries. At least I could sell a few ones for 1ex+. Thank god horrors are 6-10c this league (thanks blight!) and not 40+

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there anything fundamentally wrong with using meat shield on all your minions (skels, zombs and spectres) while you are a bit on the spongy / resistance low level and looking for gear?

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
Is there anything fundamentally wrong with using meat shield on all your minions (skels, zombs and spectres) while you are a bit on the spongy / resistance low level and looking for gear?

Meat shielded minions take less damage and have a chance to taunt. A chance, thus it's not reliable. Also how often are your minions dying, really? Less damage taken isn't that useful. It's far better to just kill everything fast.

PoE defence methods, ranked (according to my opinion):
#1 killing everything before they can act
#2 dodging whatever they throw at you (as in moving your character out of the way)
#3 defensive stats with multiple layers (= don't rely on pure life)

Meat shield minions would be included in point #3 I guess. I use meat shielded zombies, but my spectres use support gems designed to make them kill better, harder and faster.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Meat shielded minions take less damage and have a chance to taunt. A chance, thus it's not reliable. Also how often are your minions dying, really? It's far better to just kill everything fast.

PoE defence methods, ranked (according to my opinion):
#1 killing everything before they can act
#2 dodging whatever they throw at you
#3 defensive stats with multiple layers (= don't rely on pure life)

Meat shield minions would be included in point #3 I guess. I use meat shielded zombies, but my spectres use support gems designed to make them kill better, harder and faster. Having all of your minions as meat shielders is an overkill, and some of your minions should be killing things instead.
They never die, well, that's not strictly true, they only die on phys reflect maps!.

They kill fairly quickly, but could kill quicker I guess, I just wanted a belt and braces approach while I push up the tiers and my res is still quite low.

GrubChub

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm still pretty new to this and I'm curious what I should be focusing on for gear in the end game. Getting all res stats to 75?

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, I thought so from what I've read, just wanted to double check before changing my armor a bunch.

I think general advice for early endgame gearing is: max resist, get a decent amount of life, and get the right sockets for your skills. Those three things are far more important than any particular damage boosting affixes that gear will have.

GrubChub

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think general advice for early endgame gearing is: max resist, get a decent amount of life, and get the right sockets for your skills. Those three things are far more important than any particular damage boosting affixes that gear will have.

Yeah, I was using a tabula for WAY too long until I finally got a 5l with the colors I wanted. Took a lot of my currency, but it IMMEDIATELY felt so much better.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You should always cap your res to 75%, even a bit more if you don't plan on re-rolling elemental weakness on maps. Use jewels/amulets/rings for that, even boots and gloves if they're not required uniques.
With a tabula you should be able to one shot about everything you face before red maps anyway, so defenses are more a safety net in case you mess up.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Depends on the build. If you're going zombies you've got enough damage and survivability is more important. I could have easily beaten uber elder with 5. Never once used a tab, first time ever for me. But other builds may greatly benefit from it early on.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
Is it just me or does it feel like we've been beta testing a league mechanic? Just an incredibly buggy league for me. Also, why are oils so rare? I don't really understand that decision at all.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me or does it feel like we've been beta testing a league mechanic? Just an incredibly buggy league for me. Also, why are oils so rare? I don't really understand that decision at all.
Oils are fairly common especially at higher tier maps. Higher tier of maps equals better chance at higher oils. I honestly the market is going to be flooded with oils driving down their prices as there isn't much of a sink to them anyway.

As far as beta testing a league... umm what do you think we have been doing the past couple of years? Every single league they have put out in that time frame has had big performance/bug issues combined with balance issues. It's just the nature of the 3 month content cycle, they are stuck trying to figure out Blight path generation and portal spawn points days before release. I pretty much don't expect a league to be in release quality at least 2 weeks into the league.

I expect the same for 3.9 and especially 4.0.

GrubChub

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I have A LOT more oil than I thought I would have with not doing super well. Hopefully that can change.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
I had a crash in the first few minutes of the league, but after that no issues. No crashes, no stuttering, no lag, no bugs. Sure there was that one instance where portal spawned very close to pump, but I think even that would have been fine if I had been paying attention to what was happening on screen.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
After the patch I haven't lagged or disconnected. I'm probably jinxing it saying this now though. I'll give it a few more hours and start running my blight maps finally!!

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Granted my statements were pre-3.8.1 patch and haven't tested Blighted maps on new patch yet. But this patch has come at a little under 2 weeks since launch and it has various fixes to game breaking bugs/crashes and various performance issue fixes.

Edit: Apparently Rhoas are still bugged.

Tofd

Jul 8, 2018
Oils are fairly common especially at higher tier maps. Higher tier of maps equals better chance at higher oils. I honestly the market is going to be flooded with oils driving down their prices as there isn't much of a sink to them anyway.

Curious, how many silver and gold oils do you have? I've been mapping with red maps like crazy (lvl 93) and haven't seen a single one. Low tier oils are common but the valuable ones are rarer than exalts.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
The rewards from Blighted Maps can now include Oils.
I haven't been playing this league (cause Monster Hunter) but it seems crazy that the league's endgame zones weren't providing the unique league reward considering even Synthesis was dropping fractured rares/uniques from bosses even since day 1.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Curious, how many silver and gold oils do you have? I've been mapping with red maps like crazy (lvl 93) and haven't seen a single one. Low tier oils are common but the valuable ones are rarer than exalts.
I got a Silver in a tier 16. Lvl95. Grimro said he got 2 golds in tier 16s as well and he seems to think tier 16 is the way to go if you want to farm Blights and Oils.

And the Oils SHOULD be rarer than an Exalt considering they can give you a very powerful node on your character without any RNG.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Granted my statements were pre-3.8.1 patch and haven't tested Blighted maps on new patch yet. But this patch has come at a little under 2 weeks since launch and it has various fixes to game breaking bugs/crashes and various performance issue fixes.

Edit: Apparently Rhoas are still bugged.
Out of the last like 3 or 4 leagues, this feels buggiest to me. More crashes and bugs than I'm used to. That said, I'm still enjoying this league a lot