• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Out of the last like 3 or 4 leagues, this feels buggiest to me. More crashes and bugs than I'm used to. That said, I'm still enjoying this league a lot
Granted I haven't play a blight map yet, but this is probably the most stable league I've played, the first week or two of Legion I couldn't play due to the game constantly crashing.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'll check the new VD targetting this evening after work. I have been logging in to get my red master missions. I need to get the 24 challenges!

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Ok so I can either grind or buy my way into the last 3 challenges I need for the portal. for grinding it's rogue exiles, blight <thing>, and Domain of timeless conflict.

There's a ton of grindy blight challenges, rares, bosses, use all oils, complete blight maps with oiled mods, etc.

For once I'm sticking with a character until I hit the challenge goal. It's a little frustrating though since I'm super close to 4 challenges complete but it's all RNG to get them.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ok so I can either grind or buy my way into the last 3 challenges I need for the portal. for grinding it's rogue exiles, blight <thing>, and Domain of timeless conflict.

There's a ton of grindy blight challenges, rares, bosses, use all oils, complete blight maps with oiled mods, etc.

For once I'm sticking with a character until I hit the challenge goal. It's a little frustrating though since I'm super close to 4 challenges complete but it's all RNG to get them.
Remember that Precint and Courthouse feature some Rogue Exiles that you can use for the challenge in case you haven't already.
I completed that challenge after killing the exile trio at the end of Courthouse.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
VD targeting feels good now but my character is still weak.

Fuck I need over 10 ex to finish gearing...

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
Completing Blight encounters should give favour points that can be use to change a normal map into a Blighted one

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The combo of terrible performance and terrible blight rewards is really unfortunate.
Blight mechanic in maps is rewarding enough but Blighted map drops aren't good enough and the Blighted maps need to be far more rearding for their time investment (which they have been improving).

No excuse for the terrible performance and bugs though. This is the first time GGG has had to make a public statement about performance issues in the game. People are talking more about the performance of the game than anything else at the moment (usually you would have complaints about imbalanced classes/items/skills, league rewards, trade, labyrinth, melee vs ranged, TS+HH etc.).

Deleted member 3968

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Game def needs another patch. Performance has been awful post patch.

Need to take another look at portal spawns too. they still spawn 5 feet away.

The top oils are too rare as well.

fspm

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Memory leaks are ridiculous, 2-3 guaranteed crashes in a temple run. Crashing, freezing all the time usually ending with you died. They managed to fuck up delve, betrayal, elder etc and can't fix shit.
You know it's bad when you feel like a beta tester on standard, and why the fuck do I see oil combos there.
Anyone who wants to try this piece of shit - don't, this is beyond repair and not worth your time.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Memory leaks are ridiculous, 2-3 guaranteed crashes in a temple run. Crashing, freezing all the time usually ending with you died. They managed to fuck up delve, betrayal, elder etc and can't fix shit.
You know it's bad when you feel like a beta tester on standard, and why the fuck do I see oil combos there.
Anyone who wants to try this piece of shit - don't, this is beyond repair and not worth your time.
I mean.. this has been a pretty frustrating patch and league for me too in terms of performance and crashes but.. saying the game is not worth your time is extreme. It varies from person to person. The only crashes I get are during betrayal encounters.

They're probably working hard to fix more crashes as we speak.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I may be a bit of a luddite when it comes to PoE technicalities, but could they not do more of the CPU loading locally?

Alrus

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I got pretty lucky with Blight rewards (in regular maps) and got a few Exalt worth of stuff. No oils better than a Crimson so far though :/

Crashed one in a Delve Legion encounter, otherwise I don't have too much performance issue but it's clearly not as smooth as it used to be.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
3.8.1 is supposed to have increased blight rewards? They feel worse for me, haven't had a single oil in a lot of maps.

Rufus

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Yeah. More loot in Blight maps and they can now drop oils, which they perplexingly couldn't before. Still haven't seen anything better than a crimson, but then I haven't rolled the dice that much this league.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
180 chaos to Exalted? lul

Will sell 3 Exalts before the market crashes

Update: Just sold 3 exalted for 540, probably to a bot

Update: sold another 2. Now I can watch the price rises to 200 C

Last edited:

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Does anybody know how does Indigon work? Will a single cast of 700 mana, lets say, give 3 stacks of spell power plus 3 stacks of mana increase?

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ok so I bought an Indigon to test and yes you can get multiple stacks at the same time. Makes my character really clunky at mapping tho.

187 chaos to ex. Full throttle to 200c!

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
So I just did Uber Elder with a raise zombie build. The build isn't optimized and it still did ok. I died 4 times, but a lot of that is the unfamiliarity with Uber Elder. Shaper balls are the real problem for me in this fight. A single ball insta kills me if I don't have bone armour activated. Next time I run Uber Elder I'll use a lvl 20 purity of ice which should help me quite a bit.

I would suggest to anyone trying to kill Uber Elder with zombies to use elemental army. It made a massive difference in terms of my minion survivability. Still can improve the build quite a bit, but I'm stunned at how good minions are. I've spent about 1.5 ex on the build, and it just deletes everything for the most part. It struggles with some of the t16 bosses, but everything else it deletes. Just crazy how good zombies are right now. They just delete every map, and only give me problems in blights with crazy density.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
So I just did Uber Elder with a raise zombie build. The build isn't optimized and it still did ok. I died 4 times, but a lot of that is the unfamiliarity with Uber Elder. Shaper balls are the real problem for me in this fight. A single ball insta kills me if I don't have bone armour activated. Next time I run Uber Elder I'll use a lvl 20 purity of ice which should help me quite a bit.

I would suggest to anyone trying to kill Uber Elder with zombies to use elemental army. It made a massive difference in terms of my minion survivability. Still can improve the build quite a bit, but I'm stunned at how good minions are. I've spent about 1.5 ex on the build, and it just deletes everything for the most part. It struggles with some of the t16 bosses, but everything else it deletes. Just crazy how good zombies are right now. They just delete every map, and only give me problems in blights with crazy density.
If you have the right set up, your minions (aside from skeles) will never die in the uber elder fight. Pop spirit offering for extra minion resist, and the commander of darkness ascendancy paired with an aura (clarity level 1) gives lots more resists. With femur of the Saints, you get another two zombie levels. If you can afford a level 3 empower, link that with your zombies. Pretty easy to hit 25ish level zombies, which makes them stronger and tankier.

If you have any questions feel free to let me know, I've played zombies exclusively this league. You can also check out my PoE page for gear and passives. I've probably done about 10 uber elders and died like 3 times due to silly mistakes.

My suggestion for uber elder is run around in a circle and try to get the balls to trail you behind, even behind shaper himself. If elder does his circular explosion thing, try to time it so you enter the eye a second before his explosion so you can position the shaper balls and beam the way you want instead of getting stuck in the middle dodging everything manually.

You can also spec into grave intentions which gives more life and resists, but later in endgame you can drop it.

Last edited:

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
1gaWxPQ.png

I love delve urbanism!

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'm at depth 129 and haven't seen a single Abyssal City. A couple vaal outposts and a vaal delve boss but nothing else. I really want that 6 socket recipe...
My storm burst character is still chugging along nicely. Just need to clear Uber Elder to really call it "done".

Lonewulfeus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey exiles, just got back into PoE and I had a question y'all might be able to answer. I'm playing on Xbox standard league running a raise Spectre build and just finished part 2. What's the best way to farm currency? So far I've been clearing some tier 1 and 2 maps as I come across them. I definitely don't get the master missions at all except einhar, his seem pretty easy to understand.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Hey exiles, just got back into PoE and I had a question y'all might be able to answer. I'm playing on Xbox standard league running a raise Spectre build and just finished part 2. What's the best way to farm currency? So far I've been clearing some tier 1 and 2 maps as I come across them. I definitely don't get the master missions at all except einhar, his seem pretty easy to understand.
The Masters are various side endgame systems with usually an end game goal. Think of them as added value to your maps as doing them will give you additional rewards (small amount at first but the more you invest into them the more you get out of them).

Delve: A completely separate infinite dungeon that you trek through which is increasingly difficult. Requires Sulphite to progress which you get in maps when Niko spawns. Delve can be very rewarding at high monster levels. When your Sulphite levels are maxed out then it's usually time to go into the Delve and interact with it (upgrade your cart so that it can store more Sulphite, have higher light radius etc). The endgame goal of Delve is to beat a trio of very difficult bosses that can drop materials to craft very powerful rings (which give certain bonuses to the 3 charges in the game: Endurance, Frenzy and Power). Generally though people farm these as alternate to mapping.

Incursion: You enter a Temporal incursion and your goal is to create a pyramid that builds to an Apex boss at the top. You interconnect areas and you upgrade them so that they give better loot when you finally enter the pyramid. There are a set amount of incursions before the pyramid unlocks and after doing the pyramid it resets. The boss is generally pretty easy and unrewarding but the pyramid itself is very rewarding.... if you know what rooms can give what. There are cheat sheets online as to which rooms upgrade to what and what they can give so definitely read up on that. I would generally ignore Incursions until you have like a stack of 30+ you can chain in a row so that you can get the highest possible level of pyramid possible.

Bestiary: You defeat beasts in maps and they unlock certain recipes in the Menagerie. They can give some valuable stuff so be on the look out for what you unlock (especially look out for crafting ones that do stuff like split Magic items). You can even SELL the beasts by buying an item that stores beasts in your menagerie and you can sell that item (only do it for the super rare beasts, the item itself costs like a chaos). The end game of this is fighting 4 specific Aspect beast bosses that can drop powerful unique set items. The Furrul is the rarest and only accessible in high maps but can give a very powerful item, the Furrul's Fur chest unique.

Syndicate: This is the most complex of the Masters. Generally you are fighting these NPC rogue enemies in 4 different categories (Stronghold, Fortification, Research etc.). Each NPC gives certain rewards when they are part of a specific category (so Rin can give Cartographers scarab when in Intervention) when you unlock their Safehouses. This means each member has possible 4 reward possibilities depending on which branch they are in and there are like 16+ members total. Furthermore you can manipulate which branch they can be in by Executing, Interrogating, Betraying, Bargaining with them. The leader in each Safehouse drops double rewards and the higher level of the NPC the higher the rewards. There is a full chart that shows what character gives what reward in what Safehouse which you should look into similar to the Incursion chart. But this is extremely rewarding for certain combinations. The endgame of this is unlocking enough Safehouse to unlock the Mastermind fight which gives rewards from all the safehouses under it plus unique items specific to the fight. This is also another Master mission that I recommend interacting with after you have stocked up a large sum of these. Through Syndicate mainly you also get Veiled items that unlock new crafting options on your crafting bench which can be very useful and poweful.

There are end games to Legion, Abyss and Breach encounters as well but they are just straightforward boss fights. You build up splinters for Legion and Breach to tackle their end game boss encounters where as with Abyss you get the boss encounters randomly. You want to do these in every map because they just add more monsters and reward to the map and you can't stack up on these. Same for Essences but there is no endgame to that other than corrupting certain purple colored tier 5 essences to unique essences which really isnt that necessary to be honest (but can give you some nice free money).

Lonewulfeus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Masters are various side endgame systems with usually an end game goal. Think of them as added value to your maps as doing them will give you additional rewards (small amount at first but the more you invest into them the more you get out of them).

Delve: A completely separate infinite dungeon that you trek through which is increasingly difficult. Requires Sulphite to progress which you get in maps when Niko spawns. Delve can be very rewarding at high monster levels. When your Sulphite levels are maxed out then it's usually time to go into the Delve and interact with it (upgrade your cart so that it can store more Sulphite, have higher light radius etc). The endgame goal of Delve is to beat a trio of very difficult bosses that can drop materials to craft very powerful rings (which give certain bonuses to the 3 charges in the game: Endurance, Frenzy and Power). Generally though people farm these as alternate to mapping.

Incursion: You enter a Temporal incursion and your goal is to create a pyramid that builds to an Apex boss at the top. You interconnect areas and you upgrade them so that they give better loot when you finally enter the pyramid. There are a set amount of incursions before the pyramid unlocks and after doing the pyramid it resets. The boss is generally pretty easy and unrewarding but the pyramid itself is very rewarding.... if you know what rooms can give what. There are cheat sheets online as to which rooms upgrade to what and what they can give so definitely read up on that. I would generally ignore Incursions until you have like a stack of 30+ you can chain in a row so that you can get the highest possible level of pyramid possible.

Bestiary: You defeat beasts in maps and they unlock certain recipes in the Menagerie. They can give some valuable stuff so be on the look out for what you unlock (especially look out for crafting ones that do stuff like split Magic items). You can even SELL the beasts by buying an item that stores beasts in your menagerie and you can sell that item (only do it for the super rare beasts, the item itself costs like a chaos). The end game of this is fighting 4 specific Aspect beast bosses that can drop powerful unique set items. The Furrul is the rarest and only accessible in high maps but can give a very powerful item, the Furrul's Fur chest unique.

Syndicate: This is the most complex of the Masters. Generally you are fighting these NPC rogue enemies in 4 different categories (Stronghold, Fortification, Research etc.). Each NPC gives certain rewards when they are part of a specific category (so Rin can give Cartographers scarab when in Intervention) when you unlock their Safehouses. This means each member has possible 4 reward possibilities depending on which branch they are in and there are like 16+ members total. Furthermore you can manipulate which branch they can be in by Executing, Interrogating, Betraying, Bargaining with them. The leader in each Safehouse drops double rewards and the higher level of the NPC the higher the rewards. There is a full chart that shows what character gives what reward in what Safehouse which you should look into similar to the Incursion chart. But this is extremely rewarding for certain combinations. The endgame of this is unlocking enough Safehouse to unlock the Mastermind fight which gives rewards from all the safehouses under it plus unique items specific to the fight. This is also another Master mission that I recommend interacting with after you have stocked up a large sum of these. Through Syndicate mainly you also get Veiled items that unlock new crafting options on your crafting bench which can be very useful and poweful.

There are end games to Legion, Abyss and Breach encounters as well but they are just straightforward boss fights. You build up splinters for Legion and Breach to tackle their end game boss encounters where as with Abyss you get the boss encounters randomly. You want to do these in every map because they just add more monsters and reward to the map and you can't stack up on these. Same for Essences but there is no endgame to that other than corrupting certain purple colored tier 5 essences to unique essences which really isnt that necessary to be honest (but can give you some nice free money).

Thanks for the explanations. I'll definitely have to look up that cheat sheet for the pyramid. I think I actually got a cartographers scarab already though I have no idea how other than it was definitely from the syndicate lol. I bought a Vis Mortis cheap and now I'm trying to 6 link it but ran out of orb of fusing :(

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the explanations. I'll definitely have to look up that cheat sheet for the pyramid. I think I actually got a cartographers scarab already though I have no idea how other than it was definitely from the syndicate lol. I bought a Vis Mortis cheap and now I'm trying to 6 link it but ran out of orb of fusing :(
Generally people just farm and outright buy a 6link instead of gambling on Fusings. Its roughly 1 in 1300 fusings to link and normally it's cheaper to buy it on the market 6 linked. Yes it can be cheaper if you 6 link yourself and you are likely to 6 link by your 500-600th fusing but it can also backfire tremendously.

The progression that most people go through:

Tabula Rasa as first 6 link
Crappy rare chest with life and some resistances with the colors you want if corrupted
The 6 link you actually want

There is also a crafting bench recipe that forces 6 links on an item guaranteed at 1500 fusing cost. However to unlock this recipe you have to find a certain city type in Delves that is a bit rare. So most people dont even end up unlocking this recipe in a league.

Lonewulfeus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Generally people just farm and outright buy a 6link instead of gambling on Fusings. Its roughly 1 in 1300 fusings to link and normally it's cheaper to buy it on the market 6 linked. Yes it can be cheaper if you 6 link yourself and you are likely to 6 link by your 500-600th fusing but it can also backfire tremendously.

The progression that most people go through:

Tabula Rasa as first 6 link
Crappy rare chest with life and some resistances with the colors you want if corrupted
The 6 link you actually want

There is also a crafting bench recipe that forces 6 links on an item guaranteed at 1500 fusing cost. However to unlock this recipe you have to find a certain city type in Delves that is a bit rare. So most people dont even end up unlocking this recipe in a league.

Im running tabula rasa now, got in from the blood altar unique chest recipe actually, but at level 75 it's starting to become a liability lol

Merkunt

Oct 25, 2017
roskDm5.png

That's what you get for doing Lab non-stop for the past 2 days; Not even using 30% move speed boots and my character only has 28% speed in hideout.

Still haven't gotten the bloody cyclone enchant

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
So that recent hotfix worked wonders for me performance wise. I was about to quit for the league since I'd get constant disconnections. Last couple days have been buttery smooth to play.

I finished off my Storm Burst character and started using Mathil's Static Strike Elementalist and it's a fun as hell build. Not sure how it'll hold up to the tough stuff on my budget but as soon as you get the second golem ascendancy node the build really takes off. I can't wait to get the rest of the ascendancy done so I can slap herald of purity and precision on.