• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
So far Tencent has been content siphoning the profits of PoE-China.

Boycotting everything China related is a nuclear move that doesn't seem necessary yet. Don't underestimate just how many things are manufactured in Chinese factories for example.

Edit-- the thread lock seems suspicipus tho, I do expect players will start demanding for an official stance on this.

Last edited:

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
GGG take on politics has always been bad. They allow some really racist and homophobic names. I have reported some and nothing. And this was way before Tencent.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
GGG take on politics has always been bad. They allow some really racist and homophobic names. I have reported some and nothing. And this was way before Tencent.
As much as I love PoE, its community is absolutely toxic (along with incessant whining with every single patch). Would like some sort of moderation on names and some kind of solution for bigoted content in chat, but.. they know that would just piss off their base.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have raise zombies on a 4L, along with Minion life, Meat Shied and Brutality, however, looking at PoB, Minion damage will give me 12.1% more DPS, so to my simple mind, is better?.

What am I missing.....

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I have raise zombies on a 4L, along with Minion life, Meat Shied and Brutality, however, looking at PoB, Minion damage will give me 12.1% more DPS, so to my simple mind, is better?.

What am I missing.....
I would replace minion life with multistrike (which will help you clear faster) and meat shield with feeding frenzy. You shouldn't need either of those since zombies are already tanky and making them aggressive will get you through mapping much faster too.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would replace minion life with multistrike (which will help you clear faster) and meat shield with feeding frenzy. You shouldn't need either of those since zombies are already tanky and making them aggressive will get you through mapping much faster too.
Thanks, I'll do that, leave brutality?, just out of curiosity, why choose that over the 12% dps of minion damage with minion damage?

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Thanks, I'll do that, leave brutality?, just out of curiosity, why choose that over the 12% dps of minion damage with minion damage?
It depends on your setup, but if minion damage gives you more DPS in PoB, you can go ahead and use it. But I would check periodically as you level because eventually Brutality should give you more DPS.

Does Melee Physical Damage give you more DPS? Might wanna check on that one too

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
More questions (lol, you'd have thought I'd have a handle on things after nearly 1000hrs!)

Why would the % over res figure in PoB not match the figures in the game?, my build is directly imported into PoB, and PoB states I have (more than) enough over res to be able to remove some master crafted res, but when I remove them in game, I get less than 75%.

It's probably something stupid.........

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
More questions (lol, you'd have thought I'd have a handle on things after nearly 1000hrs!)

Why would the % over res figure in PoB not match the figures in the game?, my build is directly imported into PoB, and PoB states I have (more than) enough over res to be able to remove some master crafted res, but when I remove them in game, I get less than 75%.

It's probably something stupid.........
endu charges?

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Uber Elder down. Icicle Mines are ridiculous. 1 death, probably avoidable but I had to make a split second decision to stay in the bad elder circle for an extra couple of seconds or eat shaper balls and I chose the balls hoping spell dodge would work. It didn't. Got a void fletcher with low/mid rolls and corrupted it to get 0.5% lightning damage leeched as life (meh).

I actually have a shot at 36 challenges this league. RNG is keeping at least 2 from me (blight unique monsters and blight rare monsters, missing 1 each). But everything else is doable if a bit grindy. Looking to skip Encounters 4, 5 and 6, and Endgame Grinds as the four I miss. That means I have to find Aul somewhere or suck it up and grind out stuff.

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661837

some light details on the next expansion, launching dec 7.

We settled on the term expansions for recent releases like Legion and Blight, because they add new content like skills and items to Path of Exile as well as containing full challenge leagues. 3.9.0 not only contains the usual content you'd expect from a regular Path of Exile release, but also some game-wide expansion content that isn't tied to the league itself. It's a bit larger in size than any other Path of Exile release in 2019.

We have been really excited about a league idea that we wanted to do for a while but didn't have the technology or resources to pull off. While we can't share more information about the league just yet, we can tell you that it contains a good balance of risk vs reward, compelling endgame content and is a whole lot less server-melty.

Sounds like they're going for broke on new league content, which I'm not a huge fan of. I just want to play a league that is relatively issue free on launch really.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
We have had 2 relatively simple leagues in row, I think its time for a bigger one. Especially if 3.9 is big enough to warrant new core supporter packs.

In blight big issue was server and pc melting number of mobs. Before that it was melee rework that changed the game in a fundamental level. Hopefully they learned something from past leagues.

But we'll see. Its a bit of a tradition to habe a broken launch that hastily gets hotfixed :p hasn't been a game stopper for me personally

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Looking forward to playing a bow next league. Been a long time since I bothered, hope they get a new movement skill and defensive setup.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Golemancer isn't even abusing minions, it's just abusing buff stacking, and it seems super easy to make any ele build on top of it with small investments

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Necromancer had Cyclone level numbers this league... definitely getting some nerfs.

They said Bow rebalancing but not a major tweak like melee. Still a good thing to look forward to as bow meta has been stale. I fully expect Tornado shot to get reworked because I don't see new arrow skills competing otherwise.

Expect to see actual Scion and Raider reworks as well. They have been hyping up the scope of this expansion for a while and we have had two small leagues in a row (relatively speaking). They also claiming far less server melting mechanics this time, let's see how that pans out.

Excited for 3.9.

KKRT

Oct 27, 2017
Next league i'm going to play Hardcore light, as there is not such gamemode i will have to enforce it on myself and friends :)
We'll play on SC and on death we delete items, 10 deaths and we delete character.
Also do not understand why dead HC character are still moved to Standard instead of League's SC mode, its just ridiculous and reason why many people do not even try HC.

I predict elemancer, esp the golem stacking kind, will get destroyed next league
Yep, its too powerful and i definitely expect nerfs.
But if not thats my league starter as you can build anything and its the easiest character to build for low level delve farming, its just disgusting ;p

Last edited:

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Hardcore deaths should put you in the corresponding softcore league, not go straight into standard. A lot more people would play (including myself) Hardcore if that was the case.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The RNG in PoE baffles me sometimes, no blighted maps while doing blight encounters in red maps, go back and do a T3 I missed the bonus completion on, and bam, 2 blighted maps on one encounter.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Well exalts finally passed 200c per on Blight. Just got mad spammed selling 4 at that price. Looks like they're currently at 202.. crazy.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Rigwald Quill gonna be 10 EX next league.

Unless they nerf it or rework Fork/Tornado Shot.

Dying Sun gonna spike up too.

Telaso

Oct 25, 2017
I really want to play more of this league, but it feels like RNG just hates me.

I guess all my RNG was last league with like 20+ exalt drops the first 2 weeks.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
So the next expansion is launching Dec 7.
I wanna sell the gear of at least one of my character and start Mathil's latest JUGG. Crafting the Staff should be the biggest challenge
My goal now is to
1. complete the Atlas, normal map not unique, SSF. I need 2 maps + a Minotaur kill.
2. (failed to) kill Uber Elder.
3. Complete a Blighted map lol. I always have a problem with completing the league mechanics I hope that the next one will be good because now I am playing because base POE is very good

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The DPS you get with minions is just insane, it melts everything.

11 x zombies doing 50k dps each
40 x skeles doing 125k dps each
Then 4 x spectres and 2 x carrion golems, it's just nuts.

And that's without pushing too hard for gear, using just picked up stuff.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I think there are builds that do as much, and in some cases way more DPS, but I don't think there anything that is as easy to hit high numbers though.

Would they just nerf the damage numbers of minions?
Honestly if they nerf minion damage by 20-40% (skeles needing the largest nerf), it will still be an incredible league starter.

Deleted member 8583

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think there are builds that do as much, and in some cases way more DPS, but I don't think there anything that is as easy to hit high numbers though.

Would they just nerf the damage numbers of minions?

Even if they nerf the DPS, they are still pretty strong. The issue comes from their abilities and the number of minions you can have at the same time.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
Many builds can get millions of dps, that's not the issue. Real issue is that with necro it's so cheap to get to those numbers. Not much investment or sacrifices needed. Even if you nerfed necro damage by 66%, I could still probably get 1mil+ with a couple of ex investment (next league, once prices drop to normal due to ppl chasing flavour of the league).

They need to make some of the items and item modifiers more rare. +global gem level things on rares for example. Some necro-favored shields could be WAY more rare. And so on.

DarkCloud

Oct 27, 2017
So, this is the first league I'm actually trying to complete the Atlas, and I'm trying to 6 link a Eternity Shroud to follow my build guide.
Is random fusing really the best way to go? Saw the odds are about 1200 fusing, less than the crafting recipe (that I don't even have). The 6 link prophecy is also at 3.3 exalts.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Best way is be lucky with fusings
Second best way is prophecy if it's cheaper than ~1000 fusings
Third best way is spam fusing and hope you don't get fucked up
Fourth best way, but also safest way, is crafting bench

Don't forget to 20% quality

Deleted member 8583

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So, this is the first league I'm actually trying to complete the Atlas, and I'm trying to 6 link a Eternity Shroud to follow my build guide.
Is random fusing really the best way to go? Saw the odds are about 1200 fusing, less than the crafting recipe (that I don't even have). The 6 link prophecy is also at 3.3 exalts.

The easiest is to usually buy the item fully linked. The fun (and sometimes miserable) one is to try your luck. The safe one is either the six link recipe or buying the prophecy (depends on which one is cheaper). Or if you have the fortitude, just vaal it q:

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also if you're making a crafting project (aka take a base and craft a rare yourself, not a unique), the best way is to perfect fossil to 29-30 quality, craft some quality on it (usually reaching 48% quality I think) then fusing this, it will be even easier. Once you're done linking it you can craft it.