• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
Well it's getting added which is all I wanted so I'm happy to play from now until it gets added.
I would use the next several leagues as practice then. Play what you want and learn the mechanics of the game. If you have any questions just ask in the thread. When you are first playing just play what you think is fun and eventually start looking at builds.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I would use the next several leagues as practice then. Play what you want and learn the mechanics of the game. If you have any questions just ask in the thread. When you are first playing just play what you think is fun and eventually start looking at builds.

I've played a bit before I unloocked the Scion but that was back in 2015. I'm doing a scion caster with debuffs and elemental damage I don't know what I'm doing on that one but I played for almost 3 hours straight without even noticing which is rare for me because I'm pretty casual when it comes to gaming now I normally only play for an hour or two a day.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Undisputed

JwFwrXu.png

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
So I just got around to watching the PoE: Mobile gameplay demo and it looks surprisingly good. I'd be up for doing some mapping on my phone.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well this is a relief :
" All accounts created befor the PoE 2 launch will have the PoE1 ascendancies unlocked. According to Jonathan in yesterday's interview. "

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
So for old accounts we'll just need to play through the new campaign with all seven characters to unlock PoE2 Ascendancies for PoE1 right?

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So for old accounts we'll just need to play through the new campaign with all seven characters to unlock PoE2 Ascendancies for PoE1 right?
? PoE2 is just the name of the campaign pretty much. You still play the same game, but you choose another campaign, and you get access to 3 extra ascendancies. The end game is the same.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
By PoE2 and PoE1 I mean the different acts (it's easier to just say PoE2 and 1 for me), I know it's the same game. I'm just trying to clarify whether we need to unlock the new 19 ascendancies if we want to play the old acts but use new ascendancies in them.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah if for some reason you still want to play the first campaign (why tho), you'll have to play the 2nd for the ascendancies before it seems

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I think they said there will be alternative means unlocking Ascendancies and will eventually allow you to unlock any Ascendancy.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
I'm working on my Bow levelling skill since that will likely be the next fotm, I'm currently using Caustic Arrow and Barrage in the first 3 act. I don't know if it' optimal, do you have tips ? TheFatOne ?

Also, I shamelessly ask for help to complete the 24 challenges. Can you give me some currency if you are not playing the league anymore and you're dirty rich?
giphy.gif

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm working on my Bow levelling skill since that will likely be the next fotm, I'm currently using Caustic Arrow and Barrage in the first 3 act. I don't know if it' optimal, do you have tips ? TheFatOne ?

Also, I shamelessly ask for help to complete the 24 challenges. Can you give me some currency if you are not playing the league anymore and you're dirty rich?
giphy.gif
Toxic Rain is better than CA for leveling especially with good attack speed. Once your front end damage is good enough then Rain of Arrows is also pretty decent.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
Started practicing my leveling to get ready for Metamorph. Going to go back to the tried and true speed mapping characters for Metamorph. Seems like being able to speed farm maps, and speed kill bosses is going to be more profitable then it normally is with the atlas changes. Leveling plus gems is going to be huge this league, and since corrupting gems is a thing should be a steady need for gems. Also, rip cheap Dying Suns. Shit is going to be insanely expensive this league. Bow league + they are going to be harder to obtain.

giphy.gif
Been a long while since I've run bow characters, but that's going to change soon. Going to be practicing speed leveling a starting character, and then leveling a bow character with twink gear. Can't give you advice right now, but before the start of the new league I'll have a post about league start leveling and bow leveling. I used to just follow RaizQts bow leveling guide which should still work. Although, there are most likely better options now.

Last edited:

Merkunt

Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif

If you're going to stack poison, then use Toxic Rain or Scourge arrow, otherwise just use scourge with cold conversion/Ice shot. I can't give you any currency, but I can give you some of my league starter's gear and some leveling items.

Edit:

My pastabin (Scourge Arrow / Poison stacking Pathfinder): https://pastebin.com/8NbM43Lw, the gear isn't as optimized as I wish, but I pretty much abandoned this character 2weeks into the league.

Also here's a pretty straight forward cold conversion SA tree with some run of the mill gear: https://pastebin.com/0Pgv05yL

Last edited:

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Never used a bow char in PoE (it's a theme, every new meta is a char I've never used!!) Scourge arrow looks fun, is it?

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yea Scourge Arrow is fun when built properly. It's the top Raider delving build at the moment as well.

Merkunt

Oct 25, 2017
Very, just need to be careful with mana costs; you can balance that out with Elreon's ring craft (which got heavily nerfed this league) or by using inspiration support without having to rely on mana flasks.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
Can't give you advice right now, but before the start of the new league I'll have a post about league start leveling and bow leveling. I used to just follow RaizQts bow leveling guide which should still work. Although, there are most likely better options now.

OK, ty
And if you have time can you make me a levelling filter for bow character? I tried to make one with filterblade but the result is not good

My pastabin (Scourge Arrow / Poison stacking Pathfinder): https://pastebin.com/8NbM43Lw, the gear isn't as optimized as I wish, but I pretty much abandoned this character 2weeks into the league.

Also here's a pretty straight forward cold conversion SA tree with some run of the mill gear: https://pastebin.com/0Pgv05yL

Thanks, I was thinking about Ice shot for the next league, played Scourge Arrow during Synthesis, not bad but I'm not a big fan of channelling skills.

Now I'm working on my time to Blood Aqueduct SSF

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
When it was announced to be a bow league I was initially excited to do another Voidfletcher build but uh yeah. Voidfletcher + Dying Sun will probably be insanely expensive now.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
OK, ty
And if you have time can you make me a levelling filter for bow character? I tried to make one with filterblade but the result is not good

Thanks, I was thinking about Ice shot for the next league, played Scourge Arrow during Synthesis, not bad but I'm not a big fan of channelling skills.

Now I'm working on my time to Blood Aqueduct SSF
Going to be a little while before I have the filters done. I like to practice a bunch of runs, and fix things that annoy me. I'll make sure to post them here when I'm done with them though. Will also post them right before launch and make sure it's up to date.

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
When it was announced to be a bow league I was initially excited to do another Voidfletcher build but uh yeah. Voidfletcher + Dying Sun will probably be insanely expensive now.

I'll be looking to bring back the janky ass chin sol + ranged attack totem + reverse knockback build. I know chin sol isn't as strong as it was so here's hoping the 3.9 patch notes are kind to it.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Voisfletcher, Hopeshredder and Dying Sun gonna be super expensive next league. Not only due to demand but because Shaper/Elder are phased out of the Atlas making them harder to even fight against. Dying Sun especially.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Voisfletcher, Hopeshredder and Dying Sun gonna be super expensive next league. Not only due to demand but because Shaper/Elder are phased out of the Atlas making them harder to even fight against. Dying Sun especially.
Had a voidfletcher drop in delve this morning!, will it still be expensive in standard?

edit: wasn't that, it was voltaic rift lol

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
So i just started PoE as ranger and googled tornado shot build is good for leveling. Playing PS4 and build recommeds bows like Storm shot. Where can i find that bow? Playing league

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So i just started PoE as ranger and googled tornado shot build is good for leveling. Playing PS4 and build recommeds bows like Storm shot. Where can i find that bow? Playing league
Tornado Shot itself is bad for leveling but you can transition from something like Lightning Arrow (with Barrage for single target) into Tornado Shot once you have better gear. For this purpose people use Storm Cloud for the early levels. Very good early game bow, make sure you get a good amount of flat Lightning damage on gear/gem etc.

Just know that the Storm Cloud has an upgraded version called Tempest:

And you have to trade for it/buy it.

Merkunt

Oct 25, 2017
1 Alch for Stormcloud; 40c for The Tempest, although you can purchase the prophecy for a measly 4/5c

Edit: 6Link will cost you upwards to 150c; using PC market as the baseline.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
That's how much Dying Sun used to be as well right around and before Breach league. Maybe closer to like 3-4 EX but certainly not 40C. I wouldn't be surprised if its price hiked to 10 EX in the new league. If 50% of the player base is playing a Ranger class then Dying Sun is going to be in insane demand and it's not like Starforge where it's not the best in slot item... Dying Sun is a best in slot flask for bow characters.

Have to wonder what the impact on Windripper and Rigwalds going to be with Tornado Shot nerfs incoming and Fork support being buffed.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Still remains to be seen how shaper access will be
It's not going to be common enough where you can chain farm it by throwing fragments into the machine. Even optimistic estimate of you getting access to half as many Shaper fights, that's still half as many Dying Suns out there.

I mean because the Synthesis encounters are rarer, a Bottled Faith flask is a 30EX item... they did say they will make the fight less rare though.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey at least they made a bottled faith card, maybe there will be a dying sun card (probably not)
We have no idea how different shaper and uelder access will be but watcher's eye is so BiS that I doubt it will be that harder to access. No need to speculate on nothing.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit I just realized in PoE2 you can use frost blades with ringwalds.

Edit: Wait can't I do that now?

Hey at least they made a bottled faith card, maybe there will be a dying sun card (probably not)
We have no idea how different shaper and uelder access will be but watcher's eye is so BiS that I doubt it will be that harder to access. No need to speculate on nothing.
Neon didn't exactly inspire hope. It looks like it's zana maps only and they may look into it. He feels that through that mechanic there won't be enough drops, and will probably need to add something. Makes it seem like that's how it's going to be in 3.9 and that they will change it later on. Shit is going to be super rare.

Last edited:

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of the Shaper and Elder items are very strong but we are so used to them being cheap that we have taken them for granted. It's hard now to recommend them in budget builds.

Shaper's Touch
Voidwalker
Dying Sun
Voisfletche
Hopeshredder
Starforge/Voidforge
Watcher's Eye
Mark of the Elder/Shaper rings
Nebulochs
Shimmeron
Solstice Vigil
Eternity Shroud
Impresence amulets
Disintegrator
Indignon
Cyclopean Coil
Blasphemers Grasp

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you can only get shaper's realm randomly from zana then yeah it's pretty fucking horrible, we need a reliable farmable way
People are gonna be severely gimped without a big influx of watcher's eyes

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
If you can only get shaper's realm randomly from zana then yeah it's pretty fucking horrible, we need a reliable farmable way
People are gonna be severely gimped without a big influx of watcher's eyes
It's by design since it balances the power of the items. At least that's how they look at it. Just wouldn't expect them to be farmable in 3.9, but maybe in 3.10. He did mention that they won't be as rare as cortex maps, and that he's changing the rarity of cortex maps as well. Was nice to see him recognize their mistake with the cortex rarity at least. That shit was beyond stupid.