• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
lol
giphy.gif

Exalt drops need to be about the 1%

I did a 4h50 to BA with a Templar, Cruel Labyrinth unlocked and I also did all the side quest with a skill point reward. I can definitely do better, need to work on my resist, smoke mine, inventory management and I'm currently killing too many mobs

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu I work the 14th from 8 am to 8 pm
Here's a link to the current filter I have.

I assumed you were using orb of storms to level and adjusted it a little bit. Place the filter and all the sound files in the same place you normally put your filters. Currently it has custom sounds for alts, trans,augs, chroms, alchs, chaos, chance, fusings, annuls, early jade amulets and iron rings, 3 links that are BBB, BBG, GGB, and 4 links that are BBBB,BBBG, and BBGG. Use this and let me know what you think or if I need to add anything. One thing to note is that I had to increase the volume of all the files so play around with your filter volume settings to make the other items aren't too loud.

Edit: Just realized media fire doesn't let you bulk download which is annoying so I zipped the folder. Just unzip/place all the files in where you normally put filters. The sound files have to be in the same place you put filters in or else PoE will give you errors when loading in the filter.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
Ziz has a BIG PoE announcement coming in 5 hours from now. Anyone have a clue what he might be referring to?

My guess is some kind of community event/collaboration with GGG and the community. Perfect time for such promotional things now that a new league, expansion and core packs are approaching.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
He did stress that a lot of people would enjoy it, so yeah I guess something racing might be that. I myself have never gotten into those as I just don't have the speed others do. Probably fun to at least give it a go once regardless, just to see.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
Starting league as SSF is a big no-no for me, so this event is a hard-pass for me.
There is randomly drawn prizes if you can beat the Awakener. Essentially you beat him once and are entered into a raffle. The more you beat him the more tickets you win, and then at the end 20 people are randomly chosen. The prize is essentially every single armor mtx set. Going to try and kill him once just for the chance at the mtx.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Damn now I feel even sadder for not being able to play in the first month of the league.

They have to nerf Summoners now or they will win all of these.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Especially in an entirely new league with new bosses that are likely to be bugged or broken out of the gate.

This seems like a league that is going to be fun to follow top streamers but excruciating to participate in.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to try to get a couple of boss kills in just for the small chance of winning the mtx. Won't be doing it at the league start though. Props to Ziz on this. He could have easily pocketed 28k if he wanted to. Decided to use the entire 30k on this event.
Especially in an entirely new league with new bosses that are likely to be bugged or broken out of the gate.

This seems like a league that is going to be fun to follow top streamers but excruciating to participate in.
Can't wait to see all the rips.

Edit: Just so people know what I'm talking about. Ziz was gifted 30k, and was told he could use any part of that on a race event. He could have put in a much smaller amount if he wanted to. Instead he chose to use the entirety of the 30k on the event. Here's the clip where he explained it.

Last edited:

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently the Awakener's difficulty scales with the amount of Watchstones on the Atlas across all regions. So you can have the maximum 8 x 4 = 32 watchstones on to the Atlas and have the most difficult Awakener. I would imagine that only a really deep Delve Aul could be harder than that.

Surprised there is no deep Delve Aul kill on that list.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
I figured there would be something like that since there was also different difficulties for Elder depending on the state of your Atlas (T1-5s Elder being easiest and T16 Shaper's Lair being the hardest).

Telaso

Oct 25, 2017
Ziz also said he was offered 1.2 million dollars to stream on Facebook Gaming.

He must believe he'll be better off overall by doing things like what hes doing in the long run.

I now have a goal of killing a 32 watchstone Awakener.... Its gonna be a long league :)

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Ziz also said he was offered 1.2 million dollars to stream on Facebook Gaming.

He must believe he'll be better off overall by doing things like what hes doing in the long run.

I now have a goal of killing a 32 watchstone Awakener.... Its gonna be a long league :)
In solo self found... Hardcore.

I kinda want to get in on this only because I doubt many people can actually accomplish this. Like how many people in a league kill Uber Elder in SSFHC? Not many I would imagine.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
A bit tempted to take part just for the chance to get all that MTX.

But hardcore mode. Vs new bosses. That are probably broken, bugged and likely at least one Uber Elder level fight. I probably won't manage to kill Awakener even if I tried to, in SSF HC.

Last edited:

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This is my pre-patch Awakener kill event tier list. This is also useful for those trying to get into Hardcore SSF for the first time and want to see how the Ascendancies stack up as they are right now. Of course this is subject to change with the new patch but I honestly think it won't differ that greatly.

The 5 top aspects that players will be looking for in this event are the following:

*How cheap it is to gear the builds in a class
*How damaging the build/class is to bosses
*How defensive the builds are
*Utility of the builds (stuff like autonomous skills like minions, mines/traps, totems)
*General speed of the build and class as far as clearing maps go

This is all factoring in minimal investment of course as it is SSF so we are looking at how well an Ascendancy performs with its builds with rare gears that you find just dropped around.

my-image.png

S Tier:
Necromancer: Without a doubt the best class in the game right now for HC SSF. Even if they substantially nerf Necromancer in the new patch, it will still be the best and has been a top choice for HC SSF for quite some time. Minions are powerful out of the gate with tons of single target damage and very cheap to gear. Their autonomous nature and high innate damage means you can spec your character for almost all defense and then kite around bosses while your minions do the work. I expect Necro to be the most popular class in this event. It's not the fastest class in the game as far as mapping goes but it makes up in other aspects quite handily. Can run just about every map mod as well which is big in SSF (don't really have to worry about reflect).

A Tier:
Occultist: Occultist specializes in damage over time spell abilities, the two types being Cold DoTs and Chaos DoTs with curse synergy. These builds are very cheap to gear and they are fairly strong out of the gate although the single target isn't insane... being able to drop the skill and then move around is huge against bosses. Occultist isn't a fast ascendancy but Profane Bloom amplifies clear speed greatly and it has a good amount of defenses built into the ascendancy. I expect Occultist to be a strong class for the event even though I expect most Witches to be Necromancers. The Chaos DoT builds can also run every map mod which is big in SSF, it's a nice utility to have.

Saboteur: Traps/Miners tend to be the kings of single target damage and don't have to worry about reflect mods on maps. They can clear fine and safely, they have some in built defenses into the Ascendancy and very cheap to gear. Not much else to say other than Trappers/Miners have been the go to SSF bossers for a while now and I don't see this changing one bit.

Heirophant: Much like trap/miners, Heirophant totem builds can dish out of damage in a safe manner on a budget/cheap build. Heirophant has reasonable speed for a Totem character and defenses. I easily expect Heirophant to be most picked Templar ascendancy for this race.

B+ Tier:
Trickster: Trickster I wrestled with putting in A tier and while it excels in just about every category (defense, utility, speed, budget gear and builds)... I realized that it lacks in high single target. Trickster can definitely map around fast and build up in power with not much investment making it very strong in SSF environment however it's tougher to scale it up in single target damage. Nothing on the level of Traps/Totems/Minions for example. It can still utilize chaos DoT builds like Essence Drain but with not as much damage/curse utility potential as the Occultist. However, for Ignite builds I expect a lot of Tricksters if it Ignite builds are better.

B Tier:

Assassin: Very strong ascendancy now and can definitely do a lot of damage with little investment. Assassin still requires you to go the Crit route which is not as easy to gear for in SSF and the defenses on Assassin aren't as solid as the previous ones (mostly evasion based). However, Asssasin's high damage potential and high speed makes it a powerhouse clearer just as long as you invest heavily into defenses. Expect to see a lot of Orb of Storm/Storm Brand type builds in next league provided they aren't nerfed.

Juggernaut: The premiere tank of the game and a very popular Hardcore option throughout most leagues. Juggernaut is surprisingly fast with its Attack speed node and it's very easy to layer on defenses and then move towards damage. Juggernaut still lacks in damage without a lot of investment as it's mostly an attack based Ascendancy. Spell based Jugg builds like RF have stagnated when it comes to single target and attack builds take more investment to get to damage thresholds (which is why the best SSF characters are dominated by spell characters). But when it comes to defenses it's hard to beat Juggernaut and damage doesn't matter when you are dead.

Chieftain: A very budget friendly Ascendancy with balanced damage and defenses themed around fire and totems. While Heirophant is the better class for Totems, Chieftain can hold its own as well. Many of the nodes on Chieftain are a huge boon to SSF like +100% fire resistance, Endurance charge generation, fire converstion, covered in Ash etc. Chieiftain can easily go spell based and ignite based builds, it just takes a bit to get the speed and damage you need in a race environment. Definitely not a fast Ascendancy.

Gladiator: Gladiator is one of the few classes in the game that is capable of achieving high speeds thanks to Challenger charges along with high defenses with a block focused build. This makes it a very strong option in a Hardcore environment and can definitely hold its own in SSF with minimal investment. Great clear for a melee attack focused class and still the best class for bleeds. Gladiator without much investment still lacks in high damage and needs very good gear to achieve insane levels of block amounts to be comfortable with end game bosses but it's still a contender for Hardcore races.

C Tier:

Champion: A sort of balanced, jack of all trades type class. Champion has balanced damage and defense potential and can stack Impale mechanic to reach ludicrous damage... with investment. Not a particularly fast class either and while it can use autonomous builds like Totems, it's not as good as other classes in this regard. Certainly if you are going a bow build in a Hardcore SSF environment, Champion becomes a solid pick because of Fortify. I still think Champion is a bit niche although when it comes to pure single target damage with investment it's tough to beat a decked out Impale Champion. I am sure someone like DantheCrown will attempt to kill bosses with Champion in this event.

Deadeye: Deadeye is the queen of speed and can get you among the fastest speed/clear in the game with the least investment (and the highest with high investment). However, it is still a bow Ranger class and bow builds are notoriously not defensive in nature... which means despite its strengths Deadeye has been a notoriously unpopular class in SSF Hardcore. Deadeye can still dish out the damage with the bow rework you can still expect a lot of people to try out Deadeye.. I just expect a lot of them to die before they get to the Awakener.

Pathfinder: Pathfinder with flasks can be very defensive oriented however flask builds tend to require a level of investment that isn't really available in SSF. But PF still can provide a lot of utility with stuff like Elemental Immunities and even has option of Poison builds which have high damage potential and can clear any map mod. PF is still very much in the niche side of SSF HC although has potential.

Raider: Raider is surprisingly strong... but for softcore. Raider provides a ton of avoidance now with a good spread of damage and speed with utility like elemental immunity/phasing etc. However, having a ton of avoidance can't protect you in a Hardcore environment for long.. you will eventually get hit. This is just the main issue of the Ranger classes, their primary defenses are through Evasion/Dodge which don't hold up in hardcore when one death can end you. But Raider is the queen of avoidance in the game with ability to achieve 75/75 dodge and 90% avoidance on attacks with not much investment.

Slayer: Like Champion is a mixed bag with some defensive aspects to it (the main one being Overleech, still powerful if you want to go that route), utility (physical immunity) and damage. Slayer also comes with some nice speed and AOE along with being able to scale crit easier than most classes. That said Slayer is almost entirely an attack based class which requires investment to get rolling. You can get good damage going on Slayer and certainly is a solid bosser with Culling Strike but you still need investment to match the other top tier classes. And most of the Slayer builds are still melee which adds another layer of danger into the mix when dealing with bosses you haven't really fought before that much.

D tier:

Elementalist: I might get some flak for this but I think Elementalist is trash right now (pending patch this could change). Elementalist does provide solid damage out of the gate and some AOE... but that's it. Other classes can out DPS it, most classes can move faster and most classes can certainly be more defensive than Elementalist. The best aspect to Elementalist right now are Golem builds which are very difficult to make in SSF environment. While it's cheap to gear Elementalist (making it fine for SSF), it's still a poor class for Hardcore mode.

Inquisitor: While faster and more defensive than Elementalist, Inquisitor is an outdated Ascendancy which is out matched by most other classes especially in the top side of the tree (ie the other spellcasters). This makes Inquisitor an odd pick for most players as it no longer really serves a niche aside from Consecrated Ground builds and hybrid builds. Crit builds are better served going Assassin, non crit builds better on Trickster/Elementalist and even hybrid builds can be done about as well with Necromancers/Tricksters/Heirophant.

Berserker: Bersreker has high attack speed and damage... but virtually no defenses and in fact has noticeable drawbacks to defenses. This makes it a poor hardcore class when you have random degens and you take more damage than normal. Berserker is a very strong softcore class but even in SC it's not as popular as it might suggest. It is also entirely an attack based ascendancy.

Guardian: Guardian is too niche and is mostly used as a support class or mana guardian build. Mana guardian build is not easy to gear for and support class is useless in SSF. This leaves you with specific minion builds which Necromancer does much better. Guardian has defensive utility for sure and can be played in Hardcore with minimal gear... but it's just mediocre in most aspects like speed and damage.

Scion: The true master of none class. Scion without high investment like numerous jewels is a thoroughly mediocre class. Pretty much any top Scion build requires a lot of investment like Ele Hit making it a poor league starter and an even worse SSF class. It is also played as a support class which makes it even worse in SSF as that is useless. There is really not much point in picking Scion for a Hardcore SSF boss killing league.

Let's see how much list changes after the patch notes.

Edit: Actually Guardian should be in C or B tier. If we also include deep Delving into the equation then Guardians can push very deep delves in SSF HC.

Last edited:

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
Starting to get hyped for the next league. I'm also starting to hit 1:40 to act 4 consistently now. I think getting 1:30 to act 4 is a real possibility by the league start.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
Hopefully the division between 4 influences lets us target certain mods more easily. I guess it depends on how big each influence mod pool is.

Ganryu

Oct 25, 2017
Hello people!
I started to play a month ago on Blight League. I am doing a Duelist Cyclone build.
I finished the campaing this week and started doing some maps tier 1 and 2. But I am having a hard time (I am lvl 75). My gears are outdated and my
resistances are bad. Until endgame I was doing great.

What should I do/activities to farm better gear? Only the atlas/maps? Any tips on thar?
I am ignoring the incursions and mine stuff for now (too many mechanics to understand to a newcomer). Should I learn that?

Thanks

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You must cap your resistance no matter what. Gear should be mostly defense oriented above all. DPS will come from your weapons and gem links (try to get a 5L item, or a tabula for a cheap 6L, you can also probably find decent-ish 6Ls with the right colors)

Use poe.trade to find what you're looking for, don't be afraid to take resistance nodes on the tree as a temporary measure. Don't bother with incursion and delve for now. Delve is very good and not very complex so you should look into it a bit (see the tutorial). Basically sulphite is fuel for traveling, deeper is better, azurite is used to upgrade your exploration.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
You must cap your resistance no matter what. Gear should be mostly defense oriented above all. DPS will come from your weapons and gem links (try to get a 5L item, or a tabula for a cheap 6L, you can also probably find decent-ish 6Ls with the right colors)

Use poe.trade to find what you're looking for, don't be afraid to take resistance nodes on the tree as a temporary measure. Don't bother with incursion and delve for now. Delve is very good and not very complex so you should look into it a bit (see the tutorial). Basically sulphite is fuel for traveling, deeper is better, azurite is used to upgrade your exploration.

Good stuff, but I want to add that this applies to elemental resistances. Chaos resistance is much less of a priority.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So Elder Guardians are no longer in their own instance and will be affected by map mods.

Does this also mean they no longer have their phases and you can just one tap them? That said I expect a lot of unnecessary rips to these guys as people aren't used to fighting against them with map mods active.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
So Elder Guardians are no longer in their own instance and will be affected by map mods.

Does this also mean they no longer have their phases and you can just one tap them? That said I expect a lot of unnecessary rips to these guys as people aren't used to fighting against them with map mods active.
Eradicator is going to be lol with map mods.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I plan to just die every phase on the lightning guardian. Idiotic that he gets to START new damaging moves during his invincibility phases.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
Hah gonna be fun, since because these maps will only be available through Zana we can't reroll the map mods either :D

Last edited:

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
What godly ab Enchantments are even left aside from Tornado Shot helm (a skill which is getting nerfed)? I know there are a lot of good ones for specific skills.

Most of the time the unique helmet is going to be more valuable than the enchantment.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes they better get the enchantments rework in 2020
Just do a system like oils.. It can't be that hard right?

Merkunt

Oct 25, 2017
Fractal Thoughts with Scourge arrow additional pods, Wild Strike chain and TR add. are really valuable

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yes they better get the enchantments rework in 2020
Just do a system like oils.. It can't be that hard right?
I think the best idea IMO is that you can Bottle Enchantments and then sell them.

This has three major benefits:

*Lab runners don't need to go around buying up expensive helmets or specific bases to enchant.

*Buyers don't need to first find their Enchantments online and then the appropriate helmet or vice versa.

*It makes the Bottles useful even after you have completed your Pantheon.

Another benefit is that the lab runner wouldn't feel bad if he gets a great enchantment on the wrong base. Like say he gets Increased attack speed while Blood Rage on a Hubris Circlet. This in turns also makes individual Enchantments more in demand and more valuable. No one wants to get increased Bane curse effect on an Abyssus but now that enchantment becomes much more valuable and more importantly sellable.

This would be a huge win for lab runners and buyers/build makers.

Another benefit... it doesn't punish you for playing a niche skill. Maybe your build really needs a specific helmet and a specific helm enchant (like reduced EQ duration with a best in slot helm). However, lab runners are just enchanting Devotos and Fractal Thoughts.... they won't enchant the helmet of your choice because it's not big money for them.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

So a bunch of things in this announcement that aren't obvious.

*Voltaxic Rift shown here, possibly hinting at buff or rework.

*New Dying Sun art.

*Elder Fragments in inventory.

*Map of an Elder guardian in inventory confirming that they can drop as regular maps (I am assuming only in Elder influenced maps).

*Seems like a new unique amulet but it's hard to say as its blurry for me.

*Added Chaos damage plus support in inventory.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
Why Vaal side on maps tho?
Never felt like I need them... maybe it's good for some divination card like Vanity?

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Why Vaal side on maps tho?
Never felt like I need them... maybe it's good for some divination card like Vanity?
Divination cards, Vaal skill gems, proccing prophecies and Atziri map fragments.

Also it's very likely that they will inherent map mods or add on top of them so expect them to be juicier than before. And added map value/density never hurts especially starting out.

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
yeah, vaal areas in maps is a good move. The only time I've actually gone for uber atz is for the achievement or a loose attempt at farming disfavor. It isn't a hard fight but assembling the first set of fragments to run normally and then trying to get the mortal fragments is a pain.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Oh shit, league is next Friday?

Guess it's time to start looking at builds. Necro better not still be in a league of its own, I'd like to do a different build this time but it was just completely broken last league.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit, league is next Friday?

Guess it's time to start looking at builds. Necro better not still be in a league of its own, I'd like to do a different build this time but it was just completely broken last league.
No one actually has builds right now and unless Necros are super gutted they will still be insanely strong (especially in a boss killing league).

Honestly this is like the worst league to have a bow rework. Even melee are going to be better off because a lot of melee skills can dish out insane damage. Bladestorm/Lacerate Gladiators gonna demolish the new bosses same for Miners/Trappers. With Scourge Arrow getting nerfed, its gonna be a while until the bow builds get up to snuff single target wise.