• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just beat my first atlas guardian, the crusader or something, socketed the watch stone and looked on while the whole regions map tiers went up.....

I really need to read how this new atlas works!

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
OK, basic question time. How do you actually trade with people in this game?
When I right click on someone's name on chat, I don't have the trade option, only if I right click on a character in the same area as me. How do you conclude a deal that you've seen on poetrade or else? Do you have to friendlist them first?

1) Both players need to be in the same group/party (seller invites the buyer according to etiquette)
2) Both players need to be in the same area

Once you are in same area with the person in your group, you can right-click their portrait to open a menu and there is a "TRADE"-button.

There is a "Whisper" button on poe.trade that copies a template message to your clipboard. You can then paste the message to your PoE client chat screen to whisper a standard buy message. Then you wait for the seller to invite you.

Selling stuff is a whole another chapter.

Just beat my first atlas guardian, the crusader or something, socketed the watch stone and looked on while the whole regions map tiers went up.....

I really need to read how this new atlas works!

Once you kill your first guardian/crusader/exile/whatever, on left side of atlas screen a new UI element appears that should help a bit with understanding. Hover mouse over each box to see more info.

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I managed to roll 6 links on Disintegrator. I hit a wall as far as DPS goes with my CWC character goes so moved on until 6 linking that. Now the damage is stupid. Survivability is *sorta* rough, but not too bad. You damage yourself so much from Scold's/Doedre's Malevolence + Siphon from the Disintegrator but it is still pretty much fine and the damage is so crazy.

I didn't get to play around with it too much but running around tier 14, "open" maps like Jungle Valley, Dunes or whatever take about 30 seconds to clear. Most metamorphs drop after 1-3 seconds. It is honestly pretty crazy but there is so much going on and it is so fast it is kinda chaotic and difficult to follow/know if loot has dropped too. Nevertheless, it is pretty fun.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
1) Both players need to be in the same group/party (seller invites the buyer according to etiquette)
2) Both players need to be in the same area

Once you are in same area with the person in your group, you can right-click their portrait to open a menu and there is a "TRADE"-button.

There is a "Whisper" button on poe.trade that copies a template message to your clipboard. You can then paste the message to your PoE client chat screen to whisper a standard buy message. Then you wait for the seller to invite you.
Thank you!

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
I managed to roll 6 links on Disintegrator. I hit a wall as far as DPS goes with my CWC character goes so moved on until 6 linking that. Now the damage is stupid. Survivability is *sorta* rough, but not too bad. You damage yourself so much from Scold's/Doedre's Malevolence + Siphon from the Disintegrator but it is still pretty much fine and the damage is so crazy.

I didn't get to play around with it too much but running around tier 14, "open" maps like Jungle Valley, Dunes or whatever take about 30 seconds to clear. Most metamorphs drop after 1-3 seconds. It is honestly pretty crazy but there is so much going on and it is so fast it is kinda chaotic and difficult to follow/know if loot has dropped too. Nevertheless, it is pretty fun.

Got a link I could import into PoB? That sounds interesting!

Last edited:

Loggjaw

Oct 25, 2017
Bought a 1 link Martyr of Innocence for Xbox cheap and 6 linked it in less then 30. Best league ever

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
I restarted after playing lightning arc to a elemental hit (eventually) / rain of arrows build. It's so much fun. Feels soooo fast moving around I suppose it's because of tailwind?? Not sure I could go back after playing this

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I restarted after playing lightning arc to a elemental hit (eventually) / rain of arrows build. It's so much fun. Feels soooo fast moving around I suppose it's because of tailwind?? Not sure I could go back after playing this
Bow builds tend to be fast movement speed builds yeah.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
ugh having a total fuck this game night. Full wiped on Syndicate boss. A few of the deaths were definitely my fault, but at least 3 were from zoning back into her room and being immediately 1-shot before I could even see/react to whatever killed me.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
So uh. I'm not sure how the Sirius fight is supposed to work.

Here are how my 6 portals went:
- My spectres ran into storms and died in seconds even though I have invested heavily in minion life, chaos resistance, physical resistance AND elemental resistance. I had to reset fight to resummon since I didn't do any dps
- Died to a storm because it affects area bigger than animation shows
- Spectres ran into storm and died

I don't see how I'll manage this with a summoner character. Wouldn't be so bad if I could somehow storm-proof my spectres somehow but atm I don't see how that is possible.

Last edited:

Deleted member 28474

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The damage being a lot bigger than the storms is some pretty big bullshit.

Tier 16 Drox is a bit of nonsense too, I've died to his hands when I haven't been anywhere near them.

wrongway

Oct 27, 2017
rnucNKx.png

uwhafv6.png

Oct 25, 2017
This new atlas just seems needlessly complicated and the videos I've watched have just made things more confusing. How did you all come to grips with it? It's kinda killing the game for me.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
New atlas is truly awful at the start. Not intuitive, stuck in white maps forever.

It gets better after you have 8 watchstones, but that takes a long time (by that time in past leagues I was exclusively farming t14s+).

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
People weren't kidding about the Sirus fight. Christ it is utterly terrible even after the "fixes". How did this get through testing? I can see now why all my much more hardcore friends have stopped playing already with that being the endgame.

Alrus

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Finally pushing somewhat decently into T13+ maps with my Scourge Arrow build. Spent way too much time on yellow maps for some reason, made me really complacement, I keep dying to really stupid mistake.

Also those Courthose bosses just wrecked me something fierce and I'm not really sure why, I ended up having to run around in circle almost exclusively summoning ballistas to whittle them down, took forever. If I ever stopped moving for more than 1 second I'd get insta gibbed. The arena is so tiny too :/

On an unrelated note, farming for helmet enchants is the absolute worst.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I want a labyrinth rework. It is just not all that rewarding anymore with most of the busted helm enchants gone and the progressive expansion of the pool of enchants. You'll basically never get the one you want unless you buy it.

I feel like optional league mechanics should also be available in the Lab to help make it more rewarding (and more dangerous). But only optional mechanics.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This new atlas just seems needlessly complicated and the videos I've watched have just made things more confusing. How did you all come to grips with it? It's kinda killing the game for me.
New atlas is truly awful at the start. Not intuitive, stuck in white maps forever.

It gets better after you have 8 watchstones, but that takes a long time (by that time in past leagues I was exclusively farming t14s+).

I've seen a lot of complaints about it, and I wonder if it's just because people were so used to the previous atlas.

I agree that they could have shepherded you through it a bit better, but saying your on white maps for ages is a bit of a stretch, you can be on yellows straight after the first watch watchstone if you want.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
I found progression on new atlas to be more consistent than in old one, and map sustain is far better too. I have bought about 75% less maps than I usually do. I used to buy whole map tiers T5-16, this time I just bought some random maps to fill the gaps.

Awakening levels are a nice bonus.

I adore how sextants work now.

New atlas is very hard to figure out if you don't use any guides, but once you learn the tricks and stuff I think it's far better than the old one.

Sirius fight is my only disappointment of the league so far.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New atlas is much better than the old rng fest bullshit with elder shaper zana
Bought 0 map, got full non unique maps completion, got 32/32 after some work. Now t14+ are very rewarding.

Deleted member 28474

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I kinda want to start another build but I can't figure out what I want to do. I could probably dump 15ex into something without worrying too much at this point but it is kind of hard to imagine that amount of currency going to something that outperforms the CWC build I am using now. Grabbing Inpulsa has made my clear speed go even further through the roof and single target is good too with t16 metamorphs dropping in a couple of seconds. The only issue is the build is so weird and crazy it makes stuff like Sirus really impossible because I just can't see what he is doing.

I'm sure I'll find something.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
One of the biggest changes I would like them to make in PoE2 is to remove the xp penalty for dying. I find every league the same thing happens - my character gets to the early 90s, my rate of deaths means progress slows to a draw or stops, and that then puts me off playing the game out of pure frustration.

I know the final few points aren't necessary, but there's a huge psychological price paid when you see two hours worth of xp vanish instantly. It's an outdated mechanic that really serves no purpose in the game at this stage and should just go.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Failing that, at least give us the opportunity to bank (some) of that XP, even if that suffers a slight penalty for some risk reward.

There must be a better way to do it.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm dropping the power siphon inquisitor. May be good for sirus but cba to finish it, fortunately I'm recouping my losses with the hunter boots I crafted, got 30% MS and aug'd the tailwind. Just sold them for 11ex. The vaal regalia is also easy to resell, the rest is prob a couple to 3 exes resell value so I made a profit technically.
Just barely 24h played on the char to get it to 90. Build just doesn't tank for shit and power siphon doesn't feel that great.
I guess I'm spoiled by my first trickster, this ascendancy is insanely tanky and plays really smooth.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Inquisitor has long been power crept by most other Ascendancies. The node that negates enemy resistances used to be considered busted (and now is better than ever) but there are Inquisitor builds that don't go for it simply because you can get a ton of resistance penetration these days. What's left is some speed and some tankiness that can't really compete against Trickster.

Hell Power Siphon builds are better played by Raider and Deadeye which can both give strong damage and speed.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Rebuilt my Storm Burst Trickster from last league and it still holds up in Metamorph. Needed to rethink defenses but once I did it's been working pretty well barring the more absurd Metamorphs.

Also finally got a good double corrupt but no clue how much it's worth
CB57692917F479F1D3B5AA08E4F681376F4FB7FE

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't mind the new atlas, but there is something funky going on with the tier drops, you get to a point where nothing but white tier maps drop, and I can't seem to get it to drop yellow or reds :-S

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind the new atlas, but there is something funky going on with the tier drops, you get to a point where nothing but white tier maps drop, and I can't seem to get it to drop yellow or reds :-S

Are you sure you are putting the orbs into the map and not into the storage space on the left hand side of the screen?

You also need to make sure you have a viable upgrade path - the rules for what maps can droptier wise remain the same. So if you are running tier 4 maps you won't get a tier 7+ map drop (and a tier 6 map can only drop from the end boss).

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are you sure you are putting the orbs into the map and not into the storage space on the left hand side of the screen?

You also need to make sure you have a viable upgrade path - the rules for what maps can droptier wise remain the same. So if you are running tier 4 maps you won't get a tier 7+ map drop (and a tier 6 map can only drop from the end boss).
Yeah, they are in the citadels, guess it's just a viable upgrade path being (very) limited that is probably the issue then.

I assume that even though I haven't run a map at yellow tier, it's still unlocked because I unlocked it at white tier? and still goes in the 'general' drop pool?, I know I should really be running connecting maps though to increase the chances.

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, people were not joking when they said Zombie builds are OP. Coming from my glass canon, that's a stark contrast. The little girl just walks through maps and metamorphs without doing anything while the horde rips everyone apart. At some point I had 15 unallocated skill points because I didn't feel the need to upgrade. And someone said zombies have been nerfed in this patch? It was even worse in 3.8? God almighty.
I'm level 75 now, and the only time I died was when I was almost falling asleep against a metamorph and stood in the puddle.

Great podcast game though!

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Hitting a wall. Like the difficulty of metamorph and have like twenty stones and finally fought Sirus. I don't know if it was a glitch or what but he never appeared to come down and I'm melee so that shit was wack as fuck. Don't even know what's going on because the whole arena is a similar color. Terrible design. You shouldn't fight an arena more than the boss..

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
Everything apart from Sirus is actually very good. He isn't the "endgame" - he's one part of an absolutely *huge* endgame.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Everything apart from Sirus is actually very good. He isn't the "endgame" - he's one part of an absolutely *huge* endgame.
Yeah this. Sirus is the only thing that is being complained about in this new expansion (aside from grindy map progression which can be fine tuned) which tells me this was yet another successful league/expansion for GGG.

If you actually care about end game then Diablo doesn't really belong in same conversation as PoE.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
Drox kind of sucks right now too but that's a good fight that just needs some numbers tweaked and the mechanics can largely remain the same.

Metamorphs have been fine overall for me. I typically try to run the safest ones I can and still get the body part though, so that might not be everyone's experience.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah this. Sirus is the only thing that is being complained about in this new expansion (aside from grindy map progression which can be fine tuned) which tells me this was yet another successful league/expansion for GGG.

If you actually care about end game then Diablo doesn't really belong in same conversation as PoE.

I've yet to make it to end game and I like POE better than Diablo. So good just progressing, experimenting and the map designs in this game. POE is so deep and a little overwhelming trying to figure everything out. I think this season I'm going to remain focused and consistently play to hit end game stuff to experience it.

So when after the season ends I can continue end game content in standard league?

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
lol
Diablo is so dull, I'm so glad that I was playing Diablo 3 back when I was a student because (I'm a little bit ashamed to admit that but) I just can't stop playing POE.

Diablo 3 doesn't have a clusterfuck and shit endgame just because it's a dead boring game

1lYvNRW.png

I'm playing with this open so I can know that my T15 Channel will never roll a Terrace map when I use an Orb of horizon

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What is D3's endgame like these days? I remember at some point they introduced a system similar to PoE's maps, but lame... Like some kind of randomised string of areas...? Has there been anything else, or have they refined the system at least?
Is the loot still trash?

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
What is D3's endgame like these days? I remember at some point they introduced a system similar to PoE's maps, but lame... Like some kind of randomised string of areas...? Has there been anything else, or have they refined the system at least?
Is the loot still trash?
The endgame is collecting a set so you get a 200x damage multiplier on whatever single skill is worth using for your class, rolling set items in the cube until you hit super special versions of that set, and running increasingly higher numbers in rifts until you're bored in 3 total days.

fspm

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Because of memory leak (which affects 20-40% players) end game doesn't even exist literally. 3-4 out of ram crashes on 1 map, with blight/legion you're done immediately. Sirus is pre alpha trash, watchstones don't work for shit with shenanigans like delete your hideout then jump through a couple like a champ, maybe it'll help. Syndicate is a lagging slideshow shitshow still, they made master missions rarer so it isn't so obvious unless you actually spam jun. I personally witnessed crashes in delve when you throw c4 into walls, during the crashes ofc you die, previous league nodes couldn't be completed. (this stuff is the tip of the iceberg btw)
So yeah, endgame doesn't work for shit.

The endgame is collecting a set so you get a 200x damage multiplier on whatever single skill is worth using for your class, rolling set items in the cube until you hit super special versions of that set, and running increasingly higher numbers in rifts until you're bored in 3 total days.
If you trade/real money trade/take as a gift(from guild stash)/scam/cheat (all these are essentially the same) for your gear then diablo's endgame is more challenging. If you don't - good luck with that 1 in a thousand hours kaom/inpulsa, in that case getting them was very not boring lol.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Beat sirus on awakening 8. One portal left for the entire final phase.
If they fix the arena layout and the dumb storms, the fight would be fine. As it is it's just a shitshow.