• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
What is D3's endgame like these days? I remember at some point they introduced a system similar to PoE's maps, but lame... Like some kind of randomised string of areas...? Has there been anything else, or have they refined the system at least?
Is the loot still trash?
You just do Greater Rifts which are the same at high levels as they are at low levels.. just with different numbers. You do these to get better chance of leveling up your gems and better EXP if you care to gain obscene amounts of Paragon levels. All of these are like 0.01% upgrades on your character per level.

You try to chase Ancient Legendary gear but the rest of the gear is easy enough to find.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
XZ1CixZ.png

Took several thousands of alts but worth it!

Ganryu

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, I have 8 stones on my Atlas now. Whats best strategy to choose where to put then? Tried to place one in each region but my progression is dead for 2 days now

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
Hey, I have 8 stones on my Atlas now. Whats best strategy to choose where to put then? Tried to place one in each region but my progression is dead for 2 days now

If you hover your mouse over the squares on left side of atlas screen, it shows how many stones are required to be socketed in a region for a conqueror to spawn.

Spreading stones out equally over all regions probably makes you go below these spawn thresholds.

Not that good when it comes to crafting, this dropped today, what could i add to this, or is it a case of scouring and fossil crafting?

What build are you going for? Or are you trying to craft something to sell?

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you hover your mouse over the squares on left side of atlas screen, it shows how many stones are required to be socketed in a region for a conqueror to spawn.

Spreading stones out equally over all regions probably makes you go below these spawn thresholds.

What build are you going for? Or are you trying to craft something to sell?
Poison scourge arrow

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
Poison scourge arrow

It has currently a couple of good mods, but nothing worth further crafting. Base item has influence though which makes it interesting. I think that's crusader influence? https://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=Crusader#Bows

Unfortunately, looking at the list of possible mods, they seem to be stuff you'd want if you dealt elemental damage. For scourge arrow builds you'd probably want hunter influence (the green conqueror).

Can you see bow ilvl somehow? On PC that would be accomplished by turning on "advanced mod descriptions" from settings and then pressing alt while hovering on an item. But if you play on a console, I'm not sure how that is done. With higher ilvl you can craft better mods.

You can try throwing some scourge/alcs or scourge/essences at it to see if you can get something interesting. But I wouldn't sink extensive amounts of currency into it.

Last edited:

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I just fought Sirus for the first time (couldn't settle on a build this league), and as someone with thousands of hours in PoE (after watching videos on how to do it):

Fuck this shit
The endgame is collecting a set so you get a 200x damage multiplier on whatever single skill is worth using for your class, rolling set items in the cube until you hit super special versions of that set, and running increasingly higher numbers in rifts until you're bored in 3 total days.
Depressingly accurate summary

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sound effects definitely shit on performance in PoE. Another vestige of the old engine that I hope gets fixed in 4.0. Usually when they have to improve performance they do stuff like change audio effects. It's why they changed the Shatter sound, to improve performance but had to change back because people complained.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I can't believe one of the endgame boss fight mechanics is to run away off into the corners of the map to place storms. Some truly awful design

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to fill my T14 awakening bonuses, but these haven't dropped at this tier so far, if anyone is interested to trade 1 for 1 for other T14 maps :
temple
iceberg
wharf
fields
underground sea
arid lake
pit
pier
vault
excavation
marshes
spider lair

Also missing T16 colosseum if anybody's got it.

Last edited:

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Next league a Sirus rework has to be on the top of the list or I will skip the league entirely (or just quit early).

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus, the hate is real
I also want a better introduction to the boss
They gotta do it because they get constant reddit threads on it, at one point like 10 pages on front page complaining about Sirus.

A lot of big YTers put out build content and then end up adding some video of the Sirus fight crapping out or bugging/glitching.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Fucking christ, it's so hard to buy currency. These fucking bots invite a full party at a time, then they just sit there wasting everyone's time

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
I don't get why there isn't a commodity market for items that don't have prefixes/affixes/quality.

If you need to convert/buy currency, the best thing to do is just list what you have excess of for what you need in bulk and let people buy it from you in large quantities. That's how I convert chaos to exalts, anything else is a giant waste of time.

edit: finally killed sirus on awakener 7 tonight w/ howa jugg after it self-bricked three times when Sirus wouldn't come down. Fight is so much less interesting than uber elder. Basically tanked everything but die lasers (tanked meteor maze, tanked corridor balls, tanked single lasers). They need to change this fight next patch to be more interesting, but in the meantime they need to dump the stupid storms that just grief people.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017

OMG I want this, I don't really know how animated guardian works but I'm gonna roll this

They gotta do it because they get constant reddit threads on it, at one point like 10 pages on front page complaining about Sirus.

A lot of big YTers put out build content and then end up adding some video of the Sirus fight crapping out or bugging/glitching.

I'm pretty confident that they will tune the fight... and really wanna see the post mortem on the design of the boss

I sold my luck corrupted Kaom's boot for 6 exa and I talked about Sirus with the buyer lol

Alrus

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I just wasted around 1 ex of currencies fossil crafting a base that was one ilvl too low for the mod I wanted and I didn't notice because I'm dumb :/ Oh well, live and learn... Reminds me of the time I wasted a ton of Alts on the original quicksilver flask you get in act 1.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
Have been getting back to playing, and I'm going to try and make a phys wander. Not sure what it will be like with all the health buffs to bosses.
I just wasted around 1 ex of currencies fossil crafting a base that was one ilvl too low for the mod I wanted and I didn't notice because I'm dumb :/ Oh well, live and learn... Reminds me of the time I wasted a ton of Alts on the original quicksilver flask you get in act 1.
I do this with an item pretty much every league. So I feel your pain.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really wish there was a way to do a 3 button hit macro on console, keeping flasks up on my bow build is giving me carnal tunnel.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm finally getting into T14-5 maps and will be fighting the Conquerers at those map levels soon. What are some cool Conquerer Influenced bases I should look out for and for what mods?

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hunter boots and amulets are money
The rest I really don't know. Always check a base with trade macro when you get one.

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
So went from never getting past lvl 50 maybe 7-8 times to now having my second level 80 of this league. I guess I like this league.......

It's weird because I hate the bloody metamorphs, I just ignore them mostly. Either way I am happy this game finally clicked

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Hunter boots and amulets are money
The rest I really don't know. Always check a base with trade macro when you get one.
Crusader Vaal Regalia, Hubris Circlets, Moonstone Ring and Crystal Belts are money too because Crusader mods can roll high ES mods.

Aside from that people are just getting good bases of a particular influence to drop (like Elder Astral Plate or Shaper Vaal Regalia) then using Hunter/Crusader orb on another base and using Awakening Orb to transfer over influence to get double influenced items. Stuff like Shaper/Crusader Vaal Regalia 6 link white base is the monies though this has resulted in skyrocketing of Awakener orb prices (as it should IMO, its insanely powerful).

In general though crafting is really cool and interesting now but has a larger barrier of entry to it.

Last edited:

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
All I gotta say is: fuck that dark forest metamorph.

OMG I want this, I don't really know how animated guardian works but I'm gonna roll this

Damn, I wanna play this, but that life/pathfinder is looking sketchy for high level encounters.

I wonder how it does in T16. I also wonder what it's like if you can't kill something during a boss fight, like an elder guardian.

Last edited:

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
I love that there's an innovative wormblaster build but you could not pay me enough to run pathfinder w/o perfect form/iron reflexes/fatty fat vaal moltenshell this league.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
All I gotta say is: fuck that dark forest metamorph.

Damn, I wanna play this, but that life/pathfinder is looking sketchy for high level encounters.

I wonder how it does in T16. I also wonder what it's like if you can't kill something during a boss fight, like an elder guardian.
That's why you have Pathfinder, you get flask sustain charges even on bosses. The Worm jar creates worm that you can kill for Animate Guardian.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
That's why you have Pathfinder, you get flask sustain charges even on bosses. The Worm jar creates worm that you can kill for Animate Guardian.
That's what I was thinking, but he said something like "as soon as I kill something" in the video so I was confused. So this would be viable for reaching high amounts of animate weapons in those situations?

Last edited:

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
That's what I was thinking, but he said something like "as soon as I kill something" in the video so I was confused. So this would be viable for reaching high amounts of animate weapons in those situations?
Yeah because the build uses like 5 Worm jars which can be sustained through PF.

Been analyzing the influence mods and you can make some really crazy/custom based items using two influence types and Awakener mods. Stuff like Double Curse Rings, +2 skill Amulets etc. Also the Hunter is by far the best overall Influence on various bases. Stuff like Tailwind, DoT multipliers on Quivers/Amulets, Flask charges on Critical strikes on belts, +1 skill mods on amulets, movement speed, curse on hit rings like Despair, Strike skills target additional target and chance to Intimidate/Unnerve on Gloves, life/mana gain on hit mods, Confluxes on helmets, Apply additional curse on Body armors, base % crit for spells/attacks on body armors, %increased life on various pieces, chaos penetration on weapons (very hard to get chaos penetration), various stat stacking affixes (like cold damage per dex on weapons), faster bleed/poison modifiers, +1% max res on Shields etc.

Last edited:

Ganryu

Oct 25, 2017
I am doing T10-13 maps now. How is fastest way to farm some exalteds? Keep mapping or something else?

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
I am doing T10-13 maps now. How is fastest way to farm some exalteds? Keep mapping or something else?

Step #1: Kill stuff. A lot of stuff. The higher tier stuff the better. Don't skip anything unless you have made the actual calculations why killing it is not worth it for you.

Step #2: Pick up things that drop. Sell anything that is worth anything at all and then buying exalts with the resulting pile of chaos.

Recognizing what is valuable and what is not is the real trick. Item bases, maps, prophecies, rares with good mods, etc. There are many valuable things that are not immediately obvious.

This league I sold 10 exalted worth of stuff before my first exalted drop, just to give you an idea.

Ganryu

Oct 25, 2017
Step #1: Kill stuff. A lot of stuff. The higher tier stuff the better. Don't skip anything unless you have made the actual calculations why killing it is not worth it for you.

Step #2: Pick up things that drop. Sell anything that is worth anything at all and then buying exalts with the resulting pile of chaos.

Recognizing what is valuable and what is not is the real trick. Item bases, maps, prophecies, rares with good mods, etc. There are many valuable things that are not immediately obvious.

This league I sold 10 exalted worth of stuff before my first exalted drop, just to give you an idea.

Thanks

So I am fucked, its my first month on POE and I dont know whats is worth (rares). The uniques I always check poe.ninja to get an idea

Telaso

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah because the build uses like 5 Worm jars which can be sustained through PF.

Been analyzing the influence mods and you can make some really crazy/custom based items using two influence types and Awakener mods. Stuff like Double Curse Rings, +2 skill Amulets etc. Also the Hunter is by far the best overall Influence on various bases. Stuff like Tailwind, DoT multipliers on Quivers/Amulets, Flask charges on Critical strikes on belts, +1 skill mods on amulets, movement speed, curse on hit rings like Despair, Strike skills target additional target and chance to Intimidate/Unnerve on Gloves, life/mana gain on hit mods, Confluxes on helmets, Apply additional curse on Body armors, base % crit for spells/attacks on body armors, %increased life on various pieces, chaos penetration on weapons (very hard to get chaos penetration), various stat stacking affixes (like cold damage per dex on weapons), faster bleed/poison modifiers, +1% max res on Shields etc.

The hunter mods are really quite powerful for Chaos. I crafted a couple of claws last night on an Hunter base with fossils and my cobra lash damage doubled. The rolls are T2 on some things too.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks

So I am fucked, its my first month on POE and I dont know whats is worth (rares). The uniques I always check poe.ninja to get an idea
Get the trade macro the check uniques faster. Be careful of scams and price fixers. For rares you can put them in public tabs with no price, some people will pm you eventually.
A loot filter should help for some items like cards, gems, etc. already.
If you use neversink filter, don't put it below strict while mapping, I recommend very strict.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Crusader is very strong too and in particular you can get on kill explosion on chests which makes Inpulsas pretty obsolete for many builds. Crusader is also insanely strong for ES and conversion builds as well.

Most of the crazy items I have seen have been some combination of Hunter/Crusader combined with Shaper/Elder/the other ones. That said don't sleep on Warlord especially for strength/fire/Endurance/Melee attack based builds.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I know everybody plays it but my zombies are really starting to shine. Killing morphs and bosses in seconds with almost 15k EHP and a ton of defensive layers, including blind and taunt.

Build is tanky as fuck, and I'm at the point where I'm not sure if I'll die again (or very, very rarely), barring a Sirus fight or a perfect storm of shit.

Up to 1500 strength, 16 zombies at level 30, 4 spectres. Feels good

I love cycloning through packs and getting huge chunks of ES back for me and my minions, it's made the build a lot of fun for me.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I see that the Redeemer's Exalted Orb price has been skyrocketing as of late.

It's almost assuredly because people have realized that it's cheaper to get Elusive (Redeemer affix) + Tailwind boots using a Redeemer orb than a Hunter's orb. It used to be a bit over 1 EX, now its over 2 EX.

Price hike on Awakener Orb was always obvious and expected given its power level. Kinda surprised that Warlord orb is over the Crusader orb though.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
I know everybody plays it but my zombies are really starting to shine. Killing morphs and bosses in seconds with almost 15k EHP and a ton of defensive layers, including blind and taunt.

Build is tanky as fuck, and I'm at the point where I'm not sure if I'll die again (or very, very rarely), barring a Sirus fight or a perfect storm of shit.

I love cycloning through packs and getting huge chunks of ES back for me and my minions, it's made the build a lot of fun for me.
lol I'm currently doing the opposite. Just started mapping 3k life all damage poison blade vortex build. Im sure to die but it's fun.

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017

Try not to idle around in the lower tiers. Buy maps to get yourself into the higher tiers if your build can handle the content fine and you have the currency spare. The more time you spend farming those T14/T15 maps the better, better and more valuable drops overall.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017

what weapon are you using? Shit is expensive, for some of the crafted ones I've seen.
I'm under 1100 strength, still fine, no issues. Wouldn't mind at least hitting 1200 somehow. I'd prob have to get the %attribute on belt though.
But man, my 6l weapon only has the crafted 66% minion damage lol.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
what weapon are you using? Shit is expensive, for some of the crafted ones I've seen.
I'm under 1100 strength, still fine, no issues. Wouldn't mind at least hitting 1200 somehow. I'd prob have to get the %attribute on belt though.
But man, my 6l weapon only has the crafted 66% minion damage lol.
The thing about increasing your strength is that you're also greatly increasing survivability of yourself AND your minions by a ton, while getting huge DPS boosts. It's just way too good not to get as much as humanly possible, if you're using Shaper's Touch and Geofri's Sanctuary especially (they both scale energy shield with strength).

There's my profile, I'm using a weapon I got for 16 exalts which IMO was pretty good. +1 gems, +2 support gems, 105% minion damage, 27/28 increased cast and attack speed.

I've been tearing through everything (aside from Sirus which I haven't learned yet), hopefully it still holds up with 7 or 8 level awakening. I'm at level 5 awakening now

Last edited:

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The thing about increasing your strength is that you're also greatly increasing survivability of yourself AND your minions by a ton, while getting huge DPS boosts. It's just way too good not to get as much as humanly possible, if you're using Shaper's Touch and Geofri's Sanctuary especially (they both scale energy shield with strength).

There's my profile, I'm using a weapon I got for 16 exalts which IMO was pretty good. +1 gems, +2 support gems, 105% minion damage, 27/28 increased cast and attack speed.

I've been tearing through everything (aside from Sirus which I haven't learned yet), hopefully it still holds up with 7 or 8 level awakening. I'm at level 5 awakening now
Damn 16ex seems super steep, haven't tried fossil crafting though.
Slam those jewels!

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
14 ? I count 4 for multi and +2 crafts,idk about the last craft
You also have to go through the process of potentially burning 2k alts getting what you need/annulling imprinting (and buying a 6 link base). It takes time and currency to do that. Like I said, minimum price I saw for those rolls was over 20ex and they sold immediately. So I have no idea how that is very steep for the item itself, without any hassle.

Last edited: