• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Even if it took 2k alts + annuls to craft that, that's still not close to 10 EX worth by itself. There are items that are harder to craft than that which cost less although since we are in a minion league again you can get away with selling an item like that for 20 ex.

Especially now that we have hybrid influenced items that are more powerful.

In the end though it's not about how much an item is worth, it's how much the market is willing to pay for it at a given time.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Last league I got basically the same item for 15 ex. I don't want to spend time burning through alts, annulling. It comes down to convenience, and if I've got the currency to buy it, I'd rather spend that time farming instead of crafting, since my luck is usually shit anyway. So I'm not sure where the steep part is coming from when those items have been selling at 20ex on the regular.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
From what I can see, just doing quick math, looking at PoE trade:

My base item, 6L: 3ex
2000 alts (I'm seeing around this number pop up a lot in the thread for people who have crafted): 2.5ex
This is IF YOU GET THE ANNUL the first time, assume we did:
Prefixes cannot be changed: 2ex
Can have up to 3 crafted modifiers: 2ex
Total: 9.5ex if you get lucky and didn't brick your item with an annul, which is likely that you will. I don't know if there are still beast imprints, but I thought I remember them costing like an ex.

So unless you get really lucky, looks like it could be at least around 10ex for the craft. I'd rather not fuck around with this (and instead buy a complete item with high rolls), especially if you have bad luck and miss your annul multiple times.

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
Imprint gets used up.

I always buy all my high but not super high end gear in a league, and don't sweat paying 1-2ex over market if the gear is there and what I need. High end gear is 100% not needed in this game except maybe weapons.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
And you can only use one per item, right? So if I spend an ex to imprint, then brick again, I'm back to square one with alts? Or can you infinitely imprint, I've never done it
Imprinting is a back up that costs 1EX every time. So say you brick first time, you can still revert back and then try again with another imprint. So while you don't waste time and currency doing alts Slam again, you still spend an Ex for the imprint.

However what makes the item actually insanely valuable is the Delve crafted Minion % damage affix. If I had to guess, I would say this was crafted using a combination of Delve fossils to block out particular affixes to more easily get minion damage and +1.

Fossils erase metacrafts so stuff like alt spamming to get +1 then putting prefixes cannot be changed is useless. My guess is that they used Faceted + Bound and some combination of Corroded/Atheric to block out bad rolls. They got lucky on the +1 all spell, probably Annuled off another affix if it was 4-5 stats and then Multicrafted the rest.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Oh I meant can you just keep imprinting an item if you keep buying imprints.

Edit: thanks for the explanation

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Then I guess the build I followed is outdated (though I never tried crafting it). The biggest zombie thread in the league had a 3.9 crafting section and describes the steps, it says nothing about delve.

He says to either buy the base or find it in Alva's temple

Last edited:

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I die, a lot, as a bow character, keep thinking about going back to the summoner build I had in the previous league but I just can't stomach going through acts again.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Then I guess the build I followed is outdated (though I never tried crafting it). The biggest zombie thread in the league had a 3.9 crafting section and describes the steps, it says nothing about delve.

He says to either buy the base or find it in Alva's temple
It takes some time getting used to, but this is the best resource for crafting :

PoEDB, Path of Exile Wiki

PoEDB provides things come out each league, as well as items, uniques, skills and passives. Path of Exile Wiki editing functions.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What is everyones consensus on levelling CWDT and IC? is there some sort of formula with how much life you have vs how much damage it takes CWDT to fire off?

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
Okay so my 3rd char of this league is a summoner character.... I thought it would be slower as a downside to having minions but it seems to kill things quicker than any char type I've played before. Does it fall off at some point?? I just got to level 55 and it's still tearing shit up so so fast. Using spectres Armageddon brand etc etc

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Okay so my 3rd char of this league is a summoner character.... I thought it would be slower as a downside to having minions but it seems to kill things quicker than any char type I've played before. Does it fall off at some point?? I just got to level 55 and it's still tearing shit up so so fast. Using spectres Armageddon brand etc etc
No, it continues to tear everything up in seconds.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
What is everyones consensus on levelling CWDT and IC? is there some sort of formula with how much life you have vs how much damage it takes CWDT to fire off?
Immortal Call only for builds that can generate Endurance Charges, otherwise better off using Steelskin or Molten Shell for armor builds.

I go for a life level on CWDT that is a bit over a 3rd of my life. That tends to be around 1500-2000. Some people go for half life, some people even less than a 3rd to have more procs because they have other procs like curses/golems/wave of conviction etc.

Loggjaw

Oct 25, 2017
Now that the league is has been out for awhile but try my hand at mines again. Used icicle and it was ok but wondering is ball lighting the best now?

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Now that the league is has been out for awhile but try my hand at mines again. Used icicle and it was ok but wondering is ball lighting the best now?
Arc, Ball Lightning and Pyroclast Mines seem to have nearly equivalent distribution. Toxic Rain, Icicle Mines,Glacial Cascade and Purifying Flames mines make up the next tier in terms of popularity.

The emphasis in this league is on single target damage over clear speed which is why Icicle mines has dropped in use.

Also 3.9.2 patch notes out, improvements to Metamorphs, bug fixes on Atlas mechanics and of course... tons of Awakener fight changes.

Telaso

Oct 25, 2017
I'm using ball lightning mines, with pretty average gear if you ask me other than my gloves and 6l shavs, and i'm killing juiced out T16 metamorph bosses in less than a second.

Reading the patch notes made me realize just how many bugs i had been experiencing. Some I didn't even realize were bugs. This patch is looking good....

Alrus

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
"Fixed an uncommon case where Metamorph organs were missing when the area had been cleared."

This happened constantly while running Basilica so I'm not sure where the uncommon is coming from.

"Fixed a bug where players could sometimes get trapped in the vat in Tane's Laboratory."

This happened to me twice (because I forgot about it the second time) and thankfully never when the loot was anything to worry about but I'm glad it's fixed.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
Oh I kinda assumed that's how it was supposed to work.

I'm not sure if Awakener fight changes will make the fight better, but we'll see how it goes!

Some metamorph abilities are getting nerfs but the nerfs seem justified. Like improving visibility.

A really good patch it seems.

Loggjaw

Oct 25, 2017
Question for the experts. I am rocking a incinerator build and loving it only question if I add a cwdt and flammability what level do I want those to at. My other cwdt set up I just to 20 on it all. I have 7k health and always in the thick of it, if that helps

Last edited:

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Question for the experts. I am rocking a incinerator build and loving it only question if I add a cwdt and flammability what level do I want those to at. My other cwdt set up I just to 20 on it all. I have 7k health and always in the thick of it, if that helps
Above 6K HP I am usually fine with around 15 level for CWDT. Depends on the class as well, I go for lower level on Evasion based characters and higher on armor based characters.

Loggjaw

Oct 25, 2017
I am a chieftain with a koams hart. So pretty tanky. The Cwdt levels is like hardest part of the game for me lol. So maybe cwdt level 16 and flammability at like 14? Should work good. Thanks for Help dude

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Depends on how often you want Flammability to proc. These days you can just get Flammability on hit rings (Warlord influenced affix) or run fire version of Impresence.

One of my favorite things this league is that people are actually caring about defenses and realizing that some of the Timeless Jewels have busted defenses. So many people using Divine Flesh now, pleases me because I had pushed the idea of a Divine Flesh Nebuloch Jugg since 3.7.

That said all these people spamming strength stacking builds is going to get attribute stacking nerfed again (that would be what the 4th time they did it last?).

Last edited:

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
Oh I kinda assumed that's how it was supposed to work.

I'm not sure if Awakener fight changes will make the fight better, but we'll see how it goes!

Some metamorph abilities are getting nerfs but the nerfs seem justified. Like improving visibility.

A really good patch it seems.
The patch made Sirus a lot easier. His storms doesn't oneshot my spectres anymore so he was a cakewalk.

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just thought of something: when you create a secondary (tertiary, etc) character, is there any benefit in finishing the story?
If you already have Zana in your hideout, you can start mapping as soon as you're high leveled enough. Beating the final boss lowers all your elemental resistances, and I think you get 1 skill point in exchange. Is it really worth it?

Also, everytime I log out, all my zombies and animated guardian disappear (the spectres stay for some reason) and I have to summon them again. It's annoying for the zombies, but it's really bad for the animated guardian. Am I missing a setting that would allow them to stay?

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
Map device will not work until you have killed A10 Kitava, so yeah. You have to finish the story campaign.

I don't think Animated Guardian is supposed to disappear during logouts. A bug maybe?

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, the story feels much better with all the gems pre bought, tabula goldrim seven league etc. It just feels like mapping.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sirus pseudo deathless done on awakening 8 now, just died to a corrupted blood I should have avoided. It feels much better now, a tougher shaper.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sirus pseudo deathless done on awakening 8 now, just died to a corrupted blood I should have avoided. It feels much better now, a tougher shaper.
I think now Awakener is even easier than Shaper once you learn the fight. The changes to the clouds showed how much of a poorly designed this boss fight was... that tweak (along with bug fixes) almost single handedly makes the boss fight a lot easier.

Also the Sirus related items have started to decline in price now that more people are able to complete it. I expect even the Savior to be sub 15 EX in time.

Edit: Actually I just checked and it's below 15 EX already! Last time I checked it was 20EX.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Savior is overrated as fuck anyway, it will sink
Shaper is a joke in this day an age, you can't die if you pay attention. Sirus still has surprise fuck yous. Uelder > sirus > shaper >= elder

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't Savior literally better than a mirror tier Jeweled Foil? DontheCrown assessed as such based on his experiment. I think it's still kinda buggy though where the clones don't behave or copy the mechanics of the skill as they should (perfect example is Bladestorm).

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On paper maybe, but it's wonky as fuck, you rely on clone AI, they can not spawn, they can die, etc.
So yeah technically, it's better.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
On paper maybe, but it's wonky as fuck, you rely on clone AI, they can not spawn, they can die, etc.
So yeah technically, it's better.
Yeah I have to imagine there are still a ton of bugs related to the weapon with the clones. The weapon should be a lot better once they get ironed out.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Apart from chaos res, is there anyway to mitigate damage from the caustic ground the metamorph casts?

Even if all the parts have no mention of caustic, it still casts it more often than not, and it can strip 6k life in super quick time.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
Apart from chaos res, is there anyway to mitigate damage from the caustic ground the metamorph casts?

Even if all the parts have no mention of caustic, it still casts it more often than not, and it can strip 6k life in super quick time.

Caustic ground is: chaos damage, an area of effect, damage over time effect.

I can think of 4 ways to mitigate it:
- get more hp
- get more chaos resistance
- find a way to mitigate dmg taken from area damage
- find a way to mitigate damage over time effects

Pantheons have stuff for points #3 and #4 at least.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's never normally an issue, but metamorphs seem to have some really really strong caustic ground.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
This league seems to really push you to have decent chaos resist, if not maxed like your other resists. There's a lot of very high and fast chaos damage floating around.