• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Only connected or completed maps can drop, and they have to adhere to the rule "Magic and rare monsters can drop maps that are +1 tier above and map bosses can drop +2 tiers above the map area the character is in respectively"

Oct 25, 2017
It took me a while, but I finally understand this new atlas system. It's far better than it used to be too.

I am a complete idiot too. I was half asleep and ended up rushing through a trade and lost a "fiend" card to a scammer. That was a potential 8.5ex gone just like that. I'm not mad, because it was my fault, but damn, this dude had the nerve to msg afterwards to mock me.

Ganryu

Oct 25, 2017
Only connected or completed maps can drop, and they have to adhere to the rule "Magic and rare monsters can drop maps that are +1 tier above and map bosses can drop +2 tiers above the map area the character is in respectively"

Even completed maps that are not in the atlas at the moment can drop?

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
Even completed maps that are not in the atlas at the moment can drop?
From what I understand and observed, when a completed map drops, it goes by the Atlas state so if for example your Atlas has Infested Valley as T11 then you can't drop the T14 version (and vice versa), and if you make it disappear from the Atlas entirely, it no longer drops.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
This is what I'm still confused on to be honest. I think that's how it works because I accidentally removed all tier 12 and 13 maps last night from my atlas and then was wondering why none were dropping at all, but it's still a bit confusing.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Well I blew the majority of my remaining currency on Ancient orbs. Bought 40 and threw them all at some belts with obviously no HH. Ah well, it was a fun league overall but probably done I think. I might still hop over and play more in Standard... it's my chill place once the rush is done.

Izayoi

Oct 25, 2017
Well I blew the majority of my remaining currency on Ancient orbs. Bought 40 and threw them all at some belts with obviously no HH. Ah well, it was a fun league overall but probably done I think. I might still hop over and play more in Standard... it's my chill place once the rush is done.
How are prices in standard for good/great gear compared to league? Cheaper due to supply, or more expensive because of inflation? Currency comparison on poe.ninja seems pretty similar outside of some obvious outliers like Mirrors which are much more expensive (presumably because of inflation).

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
How are prices in standard for good/great gear compared to league? Cheaper due to supply, or more expensive because of inflation? Currency comparison on poe.ninja seems pretty similar outside of some obvious outliers like Mirrors which are much more expensive (presumably because of inflation).
Hard to say as I haven't really done any comparisons. I usually just play either my already established characters from past leagues or my MF TS build to farm burials. It's weird to admit but I still enjoy running those maps for w/e reason.

Izayoi

Oct 25, 2017
Should I run high tier blighted maps or sell them? They go for a lot, so I take it the return is good, but I have failed one before and it was a frustrating experience - I have heard it is best to run them bone stock with only 20% quality so you don't brick one - is that true?

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
More expensive and the sellers aren't arsed to make low tier trades. So you get a ton of AFKs.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
New patch note preview below for 3.9.2b.
  • New instances of Tane's Laboratory can now be created by Ctrl + Clicking on the World Map Pin.
  • Monsters killed in Tane's Laboratory are now removed after a short delay.
  • Added additional quest information that displays when Watchstones drop.
  • Reduced the area of effect and damage of The Purifier's Weapon Throw.
  • Improved performance when using Arctic Breath supported by Traps, Mines or Totems against large groups of monsters.
  • Improved performance related to trail effects.
  • Added 3D art for the unique staff The Black Cane.
  • The NPCs in Karui Shores have been moved around slightly to more convenient positions.
  • Added a Noticeboard and Event Noticeboard to the Karui Shores.
  • The Karui Shores and Oriath now use the same public party list.
  • Skitterbots are no longer targetable in PvP.
  • Fixed a bug where the Monster pack size from the Booming Populace unique Ivory Watchstone didn't apply to Maps.
  • Fixed a bug where various Incursion resistance and energy shield modifiers were not affected by Catalysts.
  • Fixed a bug where the "x% reduced Mana Reserved" Redeemer influence modifier was able to be on the same item as the same modifier from Shaper influence or Fossils.
  • Fixed a bug where Terror of the Infinite Drifts' Burrow skill could cause her to get stuck in terrain or leave the encounter area in Tane's Laboratory.
  • Fixed a bug where Chaos Golem monsters in Vaal Side Areas were dealing much higher damage than intended with some of their skills.
  • Fixed a bug where Blight Portals could spawn behind the vault door in Vault Map, preventing the monsters from pathing to the Ichor Pump.
  • Fixed a bug where various maps which contains Hideouts could sometimes get out of sync, preventing players from entering the map.
  • Fixed a bug preventing players from entering areas near a Beyond encounter in the Azurite Mine.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented removing Shaped Maps from the Map Stash Tab.
  • Fixed a client crash that could occur when using Perforate.
  • Fixed a client crash that could occur when using Barrage supported by Blastchain Mine Support which had the Void Emperor Blastchain Mine Effect microtransaction applied to it.

Thank you! => The Karui Shores and Oriath now use the same public party list.

Oct 29, 2017
Should I run high tier blighted maps or sell them? They go for a lot, so I take it the return is good, but I have failed one before and it was a frustrating experience - I have heard it is best to run them bone stock with only 20% quality so you don't brick one - is that true?

The map anointment, three amber oils, lowers tower costs by 60%. Makes blighted maps much easier.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
> Fixed a bug preventing players from entering areas near a Beyond encounter in the Azurite Mine.

Yes! That happened to me and I sent the bug report. Back to the mine!
Ah, wait. Forgot I hated the mine.
Back to the mine...

Telaso

Oct 25, 2017
I think you can only anoint blighted maps though. Not regular maps.

I could be totally wrong btw

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
If you aren't googling/wiki-ing/POEDbing stuff in PoE then you aren't really playing PoE.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Just saw the new Furious Hideout and I gotta say, pretty unimpressed. Kept waiting for them to move to another section of the hideout but that section is literally the whole thing. I'm in the mood to buy a new one, def passing on this one.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
I like that there are some very small hideouts to balance out the number of giant hideouts. I just want to have something that looks good without having to put too much effort into it.

Of course this is assuming they continue to release new giant hideouts, we should have those too.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
Sin also isn't in Karui Shores, which isn't that big of a deal since you can just use the Act 10 town to get your divine vessel upgrades, but it's still a noticeable downgrade.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you aren't googling/wiki-ing/POEDbing stuff in PoE then you aren't really playing PoE.
True dat, I only found out today that there is a gem vendor in act 6 that sells all gems........

edit : I am just about to switch my build over to CI for the first time, is there anything I need to be aware of?, feels quite scary only having 1 life!

Last edited:

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
True dat, I only found out today that there is a gem vendor in act 6 that sells all gems........

edit : I am just about to switch my build over to CI for the first time, is there anything I need to be aware of?, feels quite scary only having 1 life!
Yeah you need to have your stun and freeze immunity mechanics figured out otherwise you gonna get stunned/frozen to death on CI because stun/freeze thresholds are taken from life normally. Also have a way to recover ES, either fast recharge, ES leech, % recovery or using the Focus mod.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I beat Sirus finally. One death totally my fault but otherwise clean. Took 7 Vaal orbs to brick my gloves. I'm glad they didn't make awakener level 8 the goal to complete the epilogue quest line.

The 8 challenges I have left are pretty easy if grindy. 3 I can just buy my way out of which helps (Shaper/elder guardians, Div cards, unique maps).

Of the last 5 I'm having trouble with one: killing the boss of the ancient city without taking out his body guards. Anyone have a strat for this? I have a poison pathfinder that might work, but often I don't realize I've targetted the bodyguards instead of the boss since the name plates are all "unique" styled.

The rest are Awakened Bosses, Awaken the Atlas, Encounters V, and map bosses which will just come with playing the game.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Man how the hell is Awakened Multistrike 62 Exalts?

Edit: Oh of course... people are using two of them in their strength stacking Necro builds... sigh.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah you need to have your stun and freeze immunity mechanics figured out otherwise you gonna get stunned/frozen to death on CI because stun/freeze thresholds are taken from life normally. Also have a way to recover ES, either fast recharge, ES leech, % recovery or using the Focus mod.

CI uses your pre-change life value for stun/ailments so if you are not dropping any life affixes/nodes when you switch it should be the same as before.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
CI uses your pre-change life value for stun/ailments so if you are not dropping any life affixes/nodes when you switch it should be the same as before.
Right, but if you're building CI your pre conversion life total isn't going to be all that high to begin with so you're still more vulnerable than the average non-CI character to Freeze/Stun.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
So could you cheese it by ploughing passive into life then refunding them after choosing CI?
I don't think so. I'm pretty sure the game keeps track of your non-CI life total dynamically or at the very least the act of refunding would trigger a recalculation.

Pure speculation on my part though.

Oct 29, 2017
If you are ranged CI stun isn't that big of a deal. The Brine King Pantheon and the inherit 50% chance to ignore stuns while you have energy shield should be enough.

Chill and freeze would be much more dangerous imo. But you don't need life flasks so you can get some utility flasks with the heat suffix.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Full patch notes from Twitter since the forums are down.

Curious to see how the maps get converted now in Standard.

edit: patch is live, 860MB on standalone

EObmwJWUwAA49ht

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
How long has this league been going on/how much longer is it going to last? Looking to jump back in after skipping the previous league.

And on that, any good builds someone can link starting fresh in a league with zero currency??

Baliis

Oct 25, 2017
If you are ranged CI stun isn't that big of a deal. The Brine King Pantheon and the inherit 50% chance to ignore stuns while you have energy shield should be enough.

Chill and freeze would be much more dangerous imo. But you don't need life flasks so you can get some utility flasks with the heat suffix.

Can also try to fit cannot be frozen onto your boots depending on what you're using there

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
This flicker strike build is really reminding me of why I enjoy this game so much. So many decisions to make on the skill tree and in gearing.

I've basically glass cannoned it and it's clearing maps like nothing else. Bosses are a definite struggle though, granted I've still got quite a bit more damage to get. A few more crit multi nodes, assassination anointment and I'm keen to see how The Savior would go in this build.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
My Divine Flesh Scourge Arrow Pathfinder has really over performed for me. All around good defenses for a ranger, good single target and good clear so it's very balanced. Only issue is sustain on life (not leech capped) but Pathfinder means I get a lot of juice from my life pot which is usually always up.

Plague Bearer is one of the best "support" skills they have added to PoE. I expect more skills to be added to PoE in the future like this for PoE2.

If I have time for another build I definitely want to play an Assassin or Raider Power Siphon build with new Barrage support. It won't be nearly as tanky but it's going to be like 10 times faster and juicier. I definitely miss my HoI shatters.

Last edited:

Loggjaw

Oct 25, 2017
Started a Vaal fireball miner and I 6 linked a tremor rod in less then 200 fusings o my level 42, but it's fun so far. Found some random build on Reddit and working well. Gonna need a 6 link cheat for single target later though

Izayoi

Oct 25, 2017
If you had 10ex to spend, would you...
  • Buy level 21, 23% quality gem for main skill.
    OR
  • Buy a nice piece of gear with lots of HP.
I have had some really weird luck with T16 maps, some with IIQ 130%+ are easy, breezy, beautiful, but some are fucking impossibly difficult (Vaal Temple, for example, is not possible for me, I get instantly one shot by the spike rain and I can't properly target the right enemy with my idiotic minions...)

I am not sure if it's my DPS being too low to melt the boss before the spike rain starts is the problem, or if I don't have enough defense/HP to sustain during it. My suspicion is that it's a DPS issue, as I am fine until that rain starts, but god damn it hits like a truck.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm hunting for the trigger sockets when using a skill craft, I assume the only way I can do it is keep grinding Jun missions and hoping for the right veiled weapon to drop?

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
If you had 10ex to spend, would you...
  • Buy level 21, 23% quality gem for main skill.
    OR
  • Buy a nice piece of gear with lots of HP.
I have had some really weird luck with T16 maps, some with IIQ 130%+ are easy, breezy, beautiful, but some are fucking impossibly difficult (Vaal Temple, for example, is not possible for me, I get instantly one shot by the spike rain and I can't properly target the right enemy with my idiotic minions...)

I am not sure if it's my DPS being too low to melt the boss before the spike rain starts is the problem, or if I don't have enough defense/HP to sustain during it. My suspicion is that it's a DPS issue, as I am fine until that rain starts, but god damn it hits like a truck.
The double Trio in Vaal Temple is actually really difficult so don't fret dying to that. In the trio boss fight you basically just have to kill the girl as soon as fight starts. Fight normal Atziri to get some practice going against it and get a feel for the trio. You definitely need to sequence the kills, Death Mark is a must. It's not that you arent killing them fast enough, it's that you are killing the wrong dudes first which causes the girl to enrage which is the worst scenario.

As far as the first question goes, I would have to see the options. A rare chest piece these days is easily worth 10EX to 15EX if it has the right crafts and high numbers. For gems, I would try to get 21 on main skill, 23 quality isnt that big of a deal aside from very specific few skills (like Blood Rage). I personally would not pay 10 EX for a skill gem but I also don't play meta summoner builds so take that with a grain of salt. The highest active skill in the game is Zombie at 7.5 EX for 21/23, 2.2 Exalt for 21/20. Quality is quite insane on Zombie gem but you won't feel the 3% difference versus putting that extra 5 EX to use on another piece where you will see a bigger difference.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
Wow Sirus is really a pointless fight now. Without the storms to worry about it feels easy than the conquerors or even the old Shaper / Elder guardians?