• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
"

One of the notables that can spawn on Medium Cluster Jewels is Purposeful Harbinger, which gives 10% increased effect of Auras on you for each Herald affecting you. If you run 5 Heralds, that's 50% Aura Effect. You can stack this if you get more Purposeful Harbingers. The Voices Large Cluster Jewel gives a point-efficient way to get 3 Cluster Sockets to fit Medium Clusters in. Pop 2 of these and that's 6 Medium Clusters, each with a Purposeful Harbinger notable for 300% Aura Effect.

Now you have 90% resistances without any on gear, 100% More Spell Damage, 5k ES regen per second, etc. In addition, many things in the game are coded as affecting you in the form of an Aura. This includes Tailwind for some reason. At 300% increased Effect, basline Tailwind goes from 10% more speed to 40% more speed. This is Movement Speed, Attack Speed, Cast Speed all in one. Then there's Solstice Vigil, an amulet that gives a special buff to you and nearby allies (making it technically an Aura and not a Buff) that causes buffs to expire on you 20% slower. With 300% Aura Effect, that's now 80% slower, which makes 20 second Headhunter buffs now last 100 seconds. This is better HH buff sustain than selfcurse Tempchains but without the downside, and comes with every defensive and offensive stat in the game also being buffed to the stratosphere if you stack Auras.

It's quite possibly the most broken OP build in the history of PoE.

"
What the actual fuck.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
"

One of the notables that can spawn on Medium Cluster Jewels is Purposeful Harbinger, which gives 10% increased effect of Auras on you for each Herald affecting you. If you run 5 Heralds, that's 50% Aura Effect. You can stack this if you get more Purposeful Harbingers. The Voices Large Cluster Jewel gives a point-efficient way to get 3 Cluster Sockets to fit Medium Clusters in. Pop 2 of these and that's 6 Medium Clusters, each with a Purposeful Harbinger notable for 300% Aura Effect.

Now you have 90% resistances without any on gear, 100% More Spell Damage, 5k ES regen per second, etc. In addition, many things in the game are coded as affecting you in the form of an Aura. This includes Tailwind for some reason. At 300% increased Effect, basline Tailwind goes from 10% more speed to 40% more speed. This is Movement Speed, Attack Speed, Cast Speed all in one. Then there's Solstice Vigil, an amulet that gives a special buff to you and nearby allies (making it technically an Aura and not a Buff) that causes buffs to expire on you 20% slower. With 300% Aura Effect, that's now 80% slower, which makes 20 second Headhunter buffs now last 100 seconds. This is better HH buff sustain than selfcurse Tempchains but without the downside, and comes with every defensive and offensive stat in the game also being buffed to the stratosphere if you stack Auras.

"
What the actual fuck.

I have a problem with uniques piece of gear, lol, you are talking about shit tons of damage but the first thing I that comes to my mind is me running around with a full set of unique and max resist

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The absolute state of trading

ijr3bXw.png

Got about 15 PMs in about 3 seconds

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
Don't think I can play anymore. It's a 50/50 chance whether the game will load the next area or disconnect. Not sure what the issue is. Internet seems fine, but it drops randomly when loading new areas.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Have GGG ever said they have plans to change trading? There's gotta be a better system even if they don't wanna do an auction house kind of thing

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Have GGG ever said they have plans to change trading? There's gotta be a better system even if they don't wanna do an auction house kind of thing
GGG whenever trade comes up:

3hxef2.jpg

Trade being a nuisance/inconvenient is a feature and is completely intended. Streamlined or efficient trading is something they do not want in the game.

It's a cursed game design issue. If there is no economy then an item doesn't have actual worth outside of how useful it is to you personally. If there is efficient trading then playing the marketplace becomes more efficient than playing the game (arguably right now you can make a ton of currency flipping as it is) which goes against the whole loop of kill monsters to get loot of ARPGs.

(These are not my opinions, this is what GGG thinks about the matter and why they refuse to improve trading drastically. I think the biggest trading improvement they have made is having their own official trade website.)

Last edited:

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Honestly if they added instant trading for bulk items I'd probably be ok.

Guess I'd like to see them try it out and see if it feels better or if bad actors fuck up the game's economy by hoarding useful currency.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly if they added instant trading for bulk items I'd probably be ok.

Guess I'd like to see them try it out and see if it feels better or if bad actors fuck up the game's economy by hoarding useful currency.
I would be ok with that mostly because it would fix price fixing for currency items. Nothing worse than trying to buy Exalts and the first 30 people don't even respond because they are price fixing.

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The only time I buy maps is if I just cant somehow get what I need for relevant Pantheon completion and even then Ive only had to a couple of times.

Hot Pocket

Oct 28, 2017
Los Angeles
Just downloaded PoE to keep me occupied during quarantine! I've been a long time Diablo player but PoE still seems pretty daunting. Watching some beginner's guides on YouTube right now, but anyone have any good builds recommendations for a brand new player?

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
lmao. They have said already trading is fine, and they have no intention of changing it.

GGG wants to improve trading, but is afraid to.

A bad trade rework will kill the game so it's understandable why they just leave the current imperfect but kinda works system in place.

edit---
What Dahbomb said yeah. To efficient would be against what the game is, too hard would likely make many players abandon the game. Console players are used to a very different kind of trading system, but I don't think PC players would accept it at all.

Last edited:

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
"

"
What the actual fuck.

This sounds good but I'm wondering about the practicality. I'm assuming Elementalist since we want that 25% reduced herald cost. You're looking at spending about 60 passive points just for the cluster jewels & pathing to 2 large cluster jewel slots. Grab the 10% reduced herald notables with your Purposeful Harbinger which brings herald cost down to 15% then spend 6 points to get the Templar aura cluster which brings them down to 1%. We're doing LL and using a Prism Guardian with LV21 Purities and that gives us 90% to all elemental resists. Discipline helps make up for our lack of ES on our body & shield and then some sort of offensive aura. But still, you have hardly any left over passive points to pick up eHP & damage scaling. Would make for one killer aura support though.

Also, this kind of build would be crazy expensive since the good version of Voices is selling for ridiculously high amounts of currency & getting 6 properly rolled medium jewels is most likely going to be very expensive as well.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
You are going to be using 2 Voices in that set up to get 6 Purposeful Harbingers for 300% increased aura effect. I don't think it's 60 passive points on jewel clusters.

The damage scaling comes from the golems/auras as well. Remember that Tailwind goes from 10% MORE action speed to 40% action speed... that's twice as much as what Deadeye gets.

And you aren't really caring about EHP in this build, this is a Headhunter build (at least the one shown by Cute Dog).

Just from the 5 Golems:

Ice : 120% increased critical strike chance, 120% increased accuracy.
Lightning: 36% increased attack and cast speed.
Flame Golem: 80% increased damage
Stone Golem: 420 flat life regenerated per second
Chaos Golem: 16% physical damage reduction

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just from the 5 Golems:

Ice : 120% increased critical strike chance, 120% increased accuracy.
Lightning: 36% increased attack and cast speed.
Flame Golem: 80% increased damage
Stone Golem: 420 flat life regenerated per second
Chaos Golem: 16% physical damage reduction
Pretty sure it's MUCH more than that as elementalist too.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Golem buffs aren't considered auras (but with just the elementalist & the golem cluster, you get +200% buff effect, more if you have more than 4 golems). The lightning golem does sometimes cast an aura which is probably affected by this since it specifies on you (but not by your regular aura effect increases since those only affect auras you cast).

Hearing conflicting reports on whether Tailwind is affected by Aura Effectiveness - has anyone tested this or is it just conjecture?

My 60 passive point guess isn't just the cluster jewels but all the travel nodes to reach the 2 closest cluster jewel slots from the Witch start. It'd take more than 60 if you're trying to get good nodes along the way. It'd also take more if you were using "cheap" Voice jewels that have a lot of dead passive points.

In any case, we're talking about a build that costs multiple mirrors and the price will just go up after the league is over and this stuff is even harder to get.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I'm not having fps issues, I'm having latency issues.

Seems like many people are reporting issues with splinters being nerfed, and there's some chatter about it being related to the base tier of the map. I'm going to try running a few nat 14+ maps to see how I fare.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'm not having fps issues, I'm having latency issues.

Seems like many people are reporting issues with splinters being nerfed, and there's some chatter about it being related to the base tier of the map. I'm going to try running a few nat 14+ maps to see how I fare.
I ran a T14, could be placebo but it seems higher tiers do drop more

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
I've had up to 20 splinters drop when I did an encounter on something super easy like T5 Strand. It's probably just very random how many you get.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Games unplayable for me this evening unfortunately, lots of really long freezes and then it fast forwards to me being dead. Just wasted a well rolled map on that nonsense.

Rufus

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Yes, spiked to +100ms regardless of what portal I use. Even at midnight.

Despite this, I foolishly attempted to beat Sirus (my 2nd try, ever; Awakening lvl 5) and succeeded on my last portal. Killed him just before he was going to fire his fuck-off beam, which I cannot consistently dodge no matter what. Is he meant to off-screen you? Either way, I should feel triumphant, but I'm just relieved. Didn't even care that he dropped nothing but garbage.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The price of alterations is unbelievable
Is harbour bridge farming to blame?
No because if Harbor Bridge had any effect it would actually tank Alteration prices since bots would have over farmed it for Alterations increasing supply.

Alteration prices are spiking because people are starting to realize that you can Alt spam specific jewels and sell them for a lot of profit. I talked about it previously. Alt spamming is still really good for high end item crafting to slam with Awakener and there are now way more desirable mods to shoot for (helmet -% resistances, - mana cost on chest, bleed/poison mods on weapons).

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I barely see any alts drop from delirium, my idea was that harbour bridge would generate a ton of chaos, tanking the chaos/ex and chaos/alt ratios

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I barely see any alts drop from delirium, my idea was that harbour bridge would generate a ton of chaos, tanking the chaos/ex and chaos/alt ratios
In that case you would see Chaos prices crash and not specifically Alt prices increase. If anything I am seeing Exalted prices going down a bit as of recent numbers. Seeing Scour prices rise too and that's probably due to a couple of reasons (crafting and hunting the Orb of Chance achievement which is also higher than it normally is, which is expected).

With that said, Simulacrum prices are shooting up. Hearing some varying opinions about it (some are saying there are less drops, others are saying more) but the average price of Simulacrum is higher than before (went from 70C to an Exalt). Almost assuredly because people really, really want to farm for the Voices jewel.

Whatever you guys do... don't tune into Cutedog stream. The unethical game play on display is off the charts! So much for GGG "nerfing" HH for this league! I have never seen HH be this strong in a league since maybe Legion (HH was strong in a different way in Legion, the way HH is strong right now feels far more game breaking).

Winter Orb is back guys!

Also peep that flask duration...

It's kinda weird how many things count as "aura". Even the consecrated ground effect is considered as an aura and it's giving absurd amount of regen. He is standing in front of Shaper beam and Elder icicle attacks, its not even tickling him.

Last edited:

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
I've already lost interest in Delirium. Overall league launch and performance killed the league for me. So instead of burning out on a mechanic I don't enjoy I've been practicing speed leveling. Going to really try and get a 3:45 A10 kitava all skill points start for next league. Hopefully I can consistently get under 4 hours within the month so that I can practice early league map progression.

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
Jumped back in with a self cast storm bind trickster, which is doing surprisingly well in high yellows now.

The skill itself is unfortunately pretty average and I'm carrying it heavily with archmage. It's clearly designed for a slower game that doesn't have mechanics where you don't get bum rushed by 80 mobs that spawn instantly. There's too many moving parts to it, you need lay the runes and then charge them up. This was absolutely atrocious while leveling as the charging is done on mana consumption. The thresholds of each charge is by default a little higher than Rune Blast - e.g. improving the rune one tier may cost 12 mana, where your rune blast consumes 10 mana, so you need to sit there for two ticks of the rune blast to charge it one tier. This aspect only really starts to feel good once you start stacking mana cost increasers, which then you can flood the runes but they still need to go through the charging animations.

On mana consumption, it needs to consume mana unfortunately, can't cheat it with Lavinigia's and it does not work with EB. In fact Runeblast will consume all of your ES and only when Runeblast starts consuming mana does it start improving the tiles. I'm ok with not being able to cheat it with Lavinigia's but it not working with EB is pretty dumb to me.

Another issue is that you lay one rune at a time. Laying one a time is just not fast enough for the area it covers. The size of the runes do not scale with increases to aoe, rather the blast that follows does. Which is still pitifully small and there is next to no indication of it's real AoE. At the moment I think I have the AoE just big enough so that the blast from adjacent runes overlap but no way to actually tell.

Damage is pretty bonkers with archmage however if archmage gets gutted, the selfcast version of this will be gutted too. I'm one shotting bosses and metamorphs with appropriate setup. I've got two stormbind setups at the moment, single target and clear, the clear setup currently has the runeblast with the high mana consumption. Basically linked with faster casting and whatever else I could find with mana multipliers that could be linked to runeblast , runeblast itself has no tags which makes it a pain. ST is the one that is supported with archmage, when set up right, at the moment each rune is pumping out 200k-500k of damage.

I will be swapping out Indigon's after I nab a few more fevered minds, I'm currently running two with another two slots in reach.The feast/famine gameplay of managing your mana is fun enough but I really can't see it working in the top red maps. It's just too unpredictable unless you're constantly being conscious of your mana consumption.

They really need to make a few changes it to it, lay more runes with a single cast, decrease the mana requirements of improving the runes, improve all runes in a 'cell' rather than the one you're targeting & it's adjacents and turn the slow effect into one that effects attack/cast speed as well. It's a shame that it launched like this as it is mechanically fun - 'paint' a bunch of tiles on the ground, charge em up and things go boom, if things get caught in your tiles, they're slowed. It's just too unwieldy in this meta and there's basically no point doing deliriums, breaches and incursions with it.

tl;dr Stormbind? go play stormbrand+archmage or figure something with flameblast instead

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
GGG trying really hard to make me quit the league.

Feels like I have run into just about every common glitch/bug there is in the game right now.

*Bugged Sirus attacks.
*Performance issues that seem to get worse with every patch (I was fine for the first few patches, recent couple of patches really been messing up my game up).
*Master mission but where I have not gotten a natural master mission spawn since i started (so naturally I have 0 Masters pretty much all the time on the Atlas).
*Assailum is still bugged and makes the build really a big nuisance to play since every time you fire it a few times it starts flaring like a jet engine.
*The favored map system definitely is not working for me. They are still investigating this.
*Random crashes during intense moments.
*Seem to have hit another bug where I don't get Delirium orbs or at a much reduced rate. Used to get them here and there, now haven't seen one in almost 50 maps. I didn't get hit by the Simulacrum splinters bug though like some other people... still get them in high amount.
*Explodey Delirum mobs persists on the map.
*Occasional mixing textures/assets on initial loads on maps.

On top of that backtracking to get loot in Delirium maps is a real buzz kill. They definitely improved visuals on some monsters to make them easier to see and Atlas missions from Zana device was much needed.

I was going to skip this league but then the virus happened so I ended up playing. Cluster jewels kept me interested as did my build which was fun to play (well it's fun now, wasn't too fun when Delirium was over tuned) but now even that is going to end up shitting the bed once people start abusing HH + jewels shenanigans and tanking the economy.

Let's see what their next patch gives. It feels bad to give GGG a tough time during a pandemic over a video game but this is not a this league issue... this is an on going issue. How the hell did this patch make memory leaking EVEN worse than before?

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Game is basically fucked for me. Takes multiple minutes to get back to hideout on dying. Took about 20 minute for textures (even in stash) to spawn and ridiculous latency spikes leading to deaths. Im going to tap out for now until fixes are deployed.

RonianAT

Jul 23, 2019
Game is basically fucked for me. Takes multiple minutes to get back to hideout on dying. Took about 20 minute for textures (even in stash) to spawn and ridiculous latency spikes leading to deaths. Im going to tap out for now until fixes are deployed.
Since a few seasons Server latency is Bad and they should spend more time optimizing the game.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Headhunter shouldn't be in the game
You're right. Headhunter needs to go. So does passive stacking. These two things have completely defined the meta for this league, and it sucks.

The HH is a constant pain in the ass for GGG to balance around, and the game would be better if it were removed.

If they really want to slow the game down, the HH does not belong in PoE2.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I think HH should be in the game, it is an iconic item of PoE. I just don't think it should break the game. No one single item on your character should be that game breaking.

They could achieve this in certain ways.

*Not allow the same buffs to stack but rather just refresh their duration. This will prevent the game breaking stuff like characters having 200K ES or character size so big it takes up two screens.

*Cap the amount of buffs you can have.

*Reduce the duration of buffs at base so that the item gives you large power spikes in bursts.

All of these changes would still retain HH as the strongest mapping item but it won't make it game breaking. Instead of being 150 EX, it would be like 30-40 EX. Still a chase item like the Savior but not something that defines a league any time there is a "kill a bunch of minions" league.

fspm

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yup, runs like dogshit. But as with memory leaks the problem is very old, now it's just so fucked up even beast rigs can't brute force through it.

Headhunter shouldn't be in the game
Hh isn't the problem. Removing trade solves all the issues, good luck farming that shit for 3 years of 24/7 grind.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think that we will have a new league in June, with the COVID 19, POE 2 dev and the current state of the game (tbh I don't have issue atm) they won't be able to make it in time. ...... but I won't even avatar bet on that because of $

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, wouldn't surprise me at all if the next league was delayed. I can't imagine doing something like that while everyone is working from home will be easy to co-ordinate.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Yup, runs like dogshit. But as with memory leaks the problem is very old, now it's just so fucked up even beast rigs can't brute force through it.

Hh isn't the problem. Removing trade solves all the issues, good luck farming that shit for 3 years of 24/7 grind.
It's mechanics are broken. There is no reason for an item that trivializes content like that regardless of what it does to the economy

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
They can't remove HH. There are no other chase uniques. You can't remove the only real chase unique left in the game. It's the same reason they can't change it's interaction either. Until they figure out some other chase uniques it's going to be in the game as is. That's on GGG. Haven't made a chase unique like that in ages so this is the outcome. Had there been three or four different chase uniques you could nerf or even delete HH.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
You don't need an item that basically makes you a god while mapping. It's poor design, and I've always felt that way. It was always a poor idea as a sought after item.

It kind of ties into the design trap ggg have fallen into though in general, an over reliance on clear speed over everything else.