• > $2,150,000

Votes: 9 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Haven't seen a mongrelman since 2E I think?

But I agree, the art/design for him is... not great.

Anyway, I can't tell you how hard I'm going to push for Ratfolk to win the post-KS poll. My girlfriend's favorite Pathfinder character is a Ratfolk witch and letting her play a ratfolk in the game would let me easily convince her to play it.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty excited for Skald. I'm not familiar with the Pathfinder version specifically, but the overall concept is an archetype that I've always really enjoyed.

Feb 12, 2019
Pretty excited for Skald. I'm not familiar with the Pathfinder version specifically, but the overall concept is an archetype that I've always really enjoyed.
Pathfinder Skalds are basically Bards with better combat abilities, including a song that imparts a lesser version of Barbarian rage on the entire party. They lose some of the flexibility of the Bard, but they still have all of its spellcasting. Definitely one of my favorite hybrid classes from the ACG.

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Pathfinder Skalds are basically Bards with better combat abilities, including a song that imparts a lesser version of Barbarian rage on the entire party. They lose some of the flexibility of the Bard, but they still have all of its spellcasting. Definitely one of my favorite hybrid classes from the ACG.
They also have knowledge stuff and cast any spell from any class a few times per day.

Remmy2112

Nov 5, 2017
Lol, I'd love to see that artist's take on a regular half-elf.

Okay.
efab50aa64364735b6eccbe0dc342697_original.jpg

That's Octavia from the last game, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, a Rogue/Wizard. Artist was given a description, made rough drafts and showed it to the client, got told any alterations that needed to be made, continued on, showed client, continued on. How the character came out is a small part artistic license and a large part client desire.

OP
OP
Anno

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Ill be the dissenter and say that I think he looks pretty cool. Aren't these characters mostly pre-defined by Paizo anyway? Or is this one not a part of the adventure module?

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I hope someone streams a playthrough as a Skald Lich and basically RP's it as a nordic death metal band frontman.

jerfdr

Dec 14, 2017
Funnily enough, no one seems to be able to crack the new hidden goal, while the previous ones have been cracked almost instantly on Discord. It seems that Owlcats are messing with us this time.

oNfbUy0.jpg

The font is Intellecta Roman Tall, if anyone wants to give this a try.

(the last word is probably Owlcat, but, other than that, people on Discord don't seem to have any solid ideas)

Nov 3, 2017
Okay.

That's Octavia from the last game, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, a Rogue/Wizard. Artist was given a description, made rough drafts and showed it to the client, got told any alterations that needed to be made, continued on, showed client, continued on. How the character came out is a small part artistic license and a large part client desire.

Bit of an aside but I'm convinced they used Evangeline Lilly as a reference for Octavia.

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Okay.

Why, yes, I've played Kingmaker. That was, in fact, a joke.

1 gift from OmegaDL50

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from OmegaDL50 OmegaDL50!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

OmegaDL50 said:
Considering this successful Kickstarter campaign. To share some Pathfinder love. I am giving away a copy of Pathfinder: Kingmaker Explorer Edition.

I already own the Imperial Edition, so I'm giving away one of my Humble Choice picks with the hopes someone enjoys the game and maybe likes it enough to even pick up Wrath of the Righteous in the future, or possibly pledging for the current Kickstarter campaign.

Anyways. Best of luck to the participants!

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: Pathfinder: Kingmaker Explorer Edition - Won by Miggytronz Miggytronz (79 entries)

RPG_Fanatic

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't back the Kingmaker kickstarter, but I decided to back this one. I am excited to see how many stretch and social goals this kickstarter will reach.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Should I download the turn based mod for Kingmaker? Does it really change the experience?

I like games like Baldur's Gate and Pillars of Eternity but I would be lying if I said the chaotic and confusing combat were my favorite parts.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been debating pledging the 43 dollar bid so i can get the original game as well. It's high on my list as I'm currently enjoying Pillars of Eternity and wanted to try it next.

Remmy2112

Nov 5, 2017

Insult, belittle, diminish? The other person was joking and I take him at his word on that, but the words used mirror the type someone who wasn't joking would use to insult the artist. Sadly I've seen it a ton, as I've been close friends with a number of artists who've taken commissions.

Oct 26, 2017
I still have to play/buy the firsr Kingmaker but I backed this project.

My last KS was Wasteland 3 and so far I wasn't disappointed from CRPGs and seeing this one still doing really well despite coming years after the CRPG renaissance it is nice to see.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
How is Pathfinder in term of worldbuilding/lore ? It's pretty much one of the most important aspect for RPG for me.

I absolutely love Dragon Age, (recently) Baldur's Gate/Forgotten Realms, Elder Scrolls and Pillars Of Eternity. Divinity series on the other hand I find really weak when it come to worldbuilding/lore (haven't played DOS2 tho).

jerfdr

Dec 14, 2017
Should I download the turn based mod for Kingmaker? Does it really change the experience?

I like games like Baldur's Gate and Pillars of Eternity but I would be lying if I said the chaotic and confusing combat were my favorite parts.
It does change the experience quite a bit. You can enable and disable it on the fly whenever you want (even in the middle of a battle; though it might sometimes mess with the turn order if you go from RtwP to TB while in battle, but the other way around is always fine), and it's a very well crafted mod. So you're not losing anything by trying it out.

Feb 12, 2019
How is Pathfinder in term of worldbuilding/lore ? It's pretty much one of the most important aspect for RPG for me.

I absolutely love Dragon Age, (recently) Baldur's Gate/Forgotten Realms, Elder Scrolls and Pillars Of Eternity. Divinity series on the other hand I find really weak when it come to worldbuilding/lore (haven't played DOS2 tho).
The Pathfinder house setting of Golarian is very much a "fantasy grab bag" sort of thing, even moreso than something like the Forgotten Realms (which it's heavily influenced by.) I haven't delved too deeply into it beyond skimming their first edition setting guide, but Kingmaker's lore is pretty good for the kind of swashbuckling high fantasy tone it's going for. It even takes a page from Pillars of Eternity and lets you mouse over highlighted proper nouns to get a better explanation of what characters are talking about.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It does change the experience quite a bit. You can enable and disable it on the fly whenever you want (even in the middle of a battle; though it might sometimes mess with the turn order if you go from RtwP to TB while in battle, but the other way around is always fine), and it's a very well crafted mod. So you're not losing anything by trying it out.
Can I get it even though I started playing yesterday ? Or do I need to restart a campaign?
I was honestly quite shocked to see that it's real time battles.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
The Pathfinder house setting of Golarian is very much a "fantasy grab bag" sort of thing, even moreso than something like the Forgotten Realms (which it's heavily influenced by.) I haven't delved too deeply into it beyond skimming their first edition setting guide, but Kingmaker's lore is pretty good for the kind of swashbuckling high fantasy tone it's going for. It even takes a page from Pillars of Eternity and lets you mouse over highlighted proper nouns to get a better explanation of what characters are talking about.

Thanks ! Adding Kingmaker to wishlist for now.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Have they said anything about returning characters?

I hated how many characters came back for POE2

AzureSky

Dec 11, 2017

turn based mod made this game from 7/10 into 10/10 for me. Mostly because i felt the combat was too frantic and easy to lose track of abilities. The mod is easy to use and works surprisingly well.
My hope is that Owlcat thinks about including turn-based combat into the next game as an option.

Last edited:

Remmy2112

Nov 5, 2017

To expand on what ArbitraryWater said, the Pathfinder setting is pretty broad and Kingmaker did a pretty good job with it. You personally interacted with areas that were your direct neighbors through envoys or actually visiting. Nations that were further away but still regionally close were interacted with during the various kingdom events and allowed you to mouse over certain terms and names to get an idea of what they were. I posted a map of the setting on page 3 of this thread and gave a description of the locations immediately adjacent to where Wrath of the Righteous will take place. I expect crusade events will have you interact with the most militarily powerful nations on the continent as the demonic threat becomes apparent and the Fifth Crusade gains momentum. Places like Cheliax, Andoran, Taldor, and more.

Here's a more jokey map of the setting that is still kinda accurate.
Wrath is set in "Really Fucked."

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
To expand on what ArbitraryWater said, the Pathfinder setting is pretty broad and Kingmaker did a pretty good job with it. You personally interacted with areas that were your direct neighbors through envoys or actually visiting. Nations that were further away but still regionally close were interacted with during the various kingdom events and allowed you to mouse over certain terms and names to get an idea of what they were. I posted a map of the setting on page 3 of this thread and gave a description of the locations immediately adjacent to where Wrath of the Righteous will take place. I expect crusade events will have you interact with the most militarily powerful nations on the continent as the demonic threat becomes apparent and the Fifth Crusade gains momentum. Places like Cheliax, Andoran, Taldor, and more.

Here's a more jokey map of the setting that is still kinda accurate.

Wrath is set in "Really Fucked."

Nice ! Between this (I love when RPG only sets in small part of the world), the kingdom management (someone mentioned PK in Suikoden thread lol), Inon Zur as the composer and cheap price point, will definitely try Kingmaker once I cleared my backlog a bit.