• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
just let me see Bluepoint's game already. As of right now, Playstation is the only company we have no idea what they're doing. A next gen console? Check. Expected specs? Check. Other than Horizon 2, Spiderman 2 and GOW 5, we know nothing. And even the last one is doubtful due to Cory's weird tweets

Astronut325

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
ActualFeistyBettong.gif

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Bring the heat.

The way they've been drip feeding PS5 information, makes me think they want the actual reveal and subsequent announcements to be bombastic when it's time. They won't have been at E3 for 2 years by the time the PS5 has launched. I'm imagining that Sony has more to share about the PS5 and PlayStation in general than most suspect.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bring it.

The way they've been drip feeding PS5 information, makes me think they want the actual reveal and subsequent announcements to be bombastic when it's time. They won't have been at E3 for 2 years by the time the PS5 has launched. I'm imagining that Sony has more to share about the PS5 and PlayStation in general than most suspect.
This. Jim Ryan basically said " you want more new reasons to jump into next gen? Wait until PS Meeting for your mind to be blown!" when he said they have many more things to reveal.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Its wild, its Jan 14 already?

Despite the trickle of news this month is going by fast.

Xeonidus

ā€œFuck them kids.ā€
Oct 28, 2017
2013 was when I started lurking the old place thanks to the PS4 reveal and subsequent aftermath. Continued visiting when E3 hit and at launch. Can't wait for the PS5 reveal and hype cycle. Lets go!

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
Let's see...Used to work at EGM, 1UP, G4, Kotaku, multiple others I can't think of, and now at Waypoint. And he's been a good reporter for pretty much all of that time. One of the only gaming journalists I follow on Twitter.

So I imagine he's not just speculating given his connections

logash

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, one would hope so given that they're skipping E3 in favour of this event
If there is an event in February it's not what is replacing E3. When they did this for the Vita (PS Meeting 2011) and the PS4 (PS Meeting 2013) they still had E3. There still needs to be something in the middle of the year since they need to keep hype flowing leading up to launch.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Not true. The PS Meeting where the PS4 Pro was announced was held in September.

True, but I'm talking new generations specifically, and the PS5 reveal obviously isn't happening in September.

That said, early year would be more accurate as Vita was the very end of January 2011. Either way, something happening next month is a certainty.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully. People are salivating for any kind of concrete details. We need games and specs.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
A February State of Play with (redacted) VII Remake demo, Patapon 2 remaster announcement, final trailer for Dreams & Iron Man VR, etc + PS Meeting 2020 teaser at the end.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This could just be a throw away comment made because pretty much everyone else who follows games is convinced they are gonna do something ps5 related next month. For all we know, they could do nothing next month then announce a ps5 centric state of play on a random tuesday in april

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If there is an event in February it's not what is replacing E3. When they did this for the Vita (PS Meeting 2011) and the PS4 (PS Meeting 2013) they still had E3. There still needs to be something in the middle of the year since they need to keep hype flowing leading up to launch.

I think that depends when the ps5 is releasing honestly. If it's September or earlier, I don't think they're gonna have a february event, and then another big event shortly before the release

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
All I want to know is if he will upload a playthrough of Elden Ring on youtube. His playthrough of Dark Souls is one of my faves.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I think that depends when the ps5 is releasing honestly. If it's September or earlier, I don't think they're gonna have a february event, and then another big event shortly before the release

It's "holiday 2020" which is around November. Definitely not September or earlier. They gotta manufacture millions of these for launch.

B1ggRandall

Oct 27, 2017
he's the guy that broke the story regarding the standoffs between the founders of OG Infinity Ward vs Activision.

Think he's also the guy that got the first scoop that MS is gonna drop all their DRM policies for Xbone.
thats all I need to hear!

I remember the threads, the gifs, the wild ride, the Antonio Banderas memes...omg
Banderas needs to comeback.
I need to see the gifs.
Man what a time that was!