• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Doing a great job of disrespecting the Yahoo Anime rule, here.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I think it's quite obvious that the only reason the ps4 was a success is because of banderas

giphy.gif

We need the new round for the Ps5 hype train!

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Sony needs to hurry up and announce a new game starring Antonio Banderas. Era would implode!

Sony Interactive Entertainment Presents...

In Association with Kojima Productions

Hideo Kojima's Assassins: The Next Generation

Starring Antonio Banderas

Directed by Hideo Kojima

Written by Hideo Kojima

Produced by Hideo Kojima

Trailer Edited by Hideo Kojima

Game Design by Hideo Kojima

Special Thanks to Hideo Kojima............and his team and Kojima Productions.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Sony Interactive Entertainment Presents...

In Association with Kojima Productions

Hideo Kojima's Assassins: The Next Generation

Starring Antonio Banderas

Directed by Hideo Kojima

Written by Hideo Kojima

Produced by Hideo Kojima

Trailer Edited by Hideo Kojima

Game Design by Hideo Kojima

Special Thanks to Hideo Kojima............and his team and Kojima Productions.

I hope they get Kojima to work on this!

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
Please welcome Mark Cerny to present the Playstation 5 and the Leading Architect for the console the one and only Ken Kutaragi!

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Here is what Klepek says word-for-word in case OP (Jawbreaker) wants to add it in:

"Probably next month will be both the---presumably the Xbox and PlayStation events will not be too far behind one another, that would be my guess. So that'll probably both happen next month. I haven't heard much about what Microsoft's doing, so maybe they'll be quiet until E3. But a lot of Sony stuff next month for sure."

G_O

Oct 28, 2017
I could be wrong but wasnt the ps4 February event very boring?. It was just Cerny waffling on about tech stuff and they didn't even show the box

OP
OP
Jawbreaker

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Here is what Klepek says word-for-word in case OP (Jawbreaker) wants to add it in:

"Probably next month will be both the---presumably the Xbox and PlayStation events will not be too far behind one another, that would be my guess. So that'll probably both happen next month. I haven't heard much about what Microsoft's doing, so maybe they'll be quiet until E3. But a lot of Sony stuff next month for sure."

Thanks. Added.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018

This quote definitely seems to imply that while he hasnt heard of MS's plans, he did hear of Sony's and that they have something big next month.

Skeff

Oct 29, 2017
I could be wrong but wasnt the ps4 February event very boring?. It was just Cerny waffling on about tech stuff and they didn't even show the box

Depends on your perspective, I'd be pretty happy listening to Cerny present all of the ps5 specs.

Probably hop in the tub and watch it on my tablet.

Jun 23, 2019

Good stuff. Yeah this pretty much confirms Sony is dropping bombs next month. Rev up those gifs boys and girls!

Brutalitops

Dec 6, 2017
Hype rising.

Will never top the period in early 2013 on GAF though. Imo that whole year was the peak of GAF as a whole and will never be replicated the same way

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019

Not sure why showing the box is all that important, they went into the specs of the console. And they showed games from first and third party. Cerny probably only talked for 10-15 minutes.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
You know what the funny thing is, I just realised? Everybody's complaining (including me) how silent Sony is and MS is so transparant with everything, but meanwhile Sony is by far more talked about and they become more talked about as each day passes, just for being silent.

UltimusXI

Oct 27, 2017
They should hold it on the launch day of Dreams (Feb 14) and create a promotional PS5 video made in Dreams, announcing that Dreams is also coming to PS5 on day one with a free graphical update for all PS4 version owners. Could help boost Dreams' popularity and that's the type of game that really needs a big community.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
This quote definitely seems to imply that while he hasnt heard of MS's plans, he did hear of Sony's and that they have something big next month.
Honestly Microsoft seems to be on a good info lockdown. I think the fact that the Xbox Series X reveal at TGA wasn't spoiled kinda shows this. Hopefully that is the case and we do actually get something next month.

Feb 26, 2018
You know what the funny thing is, I just realised? Everybody's complaining (including me) how silent Sony is and MS is so transparant with everything, but meanwhile Sony is by far more talked about and they become more talked about as each day passes, just for being silent.
Brand power gets you there yeah
About them not talking much - I don't think they want to cannibalise ps4 HW and SW sales for 2020

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
I'm guessing the Horizon 2 trailer is going to look real pretty.

Talk about HZD2. I watched pieces of the DF video today, about cross gen games on Xbox, and he mentioned we couldn't mount flying robot's in the first game because of HDD and CPU restrictions. So basically this confirms we can do that shit on PS5.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
They should hold it on the launch day of Dreams (Feb 14) and create a promotional PS5 video made in Dreams, announcing that Dreams is also coming to PS5 on day one with a free graphical update for all PS4 version owners. Could help boost Dreams' popularity and that's the type of game that really needs a big community.
They should open the show with a bunch of legit looking AAA games and at the end a screen pops that says "everything you have just seen was created in dreams"

And then start showing trailers for the actual games.

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017

They showed games which I think everyone wants to see. I imagine ps5's reveal will be similar in having at least one or two 'showcase' game reveals. Hopefully!

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
If I remember, they showed Knack, Killzone Shadow Fall, Driveclub, Destiny, and Infamous Second Son. They also showed off features like Share Play, Remote Play, etc...

Why would it matter if they didn't show the box when they showed games and features?

Oct 27, 2017
Dark Cloud 3 or bust

Given that 3D Zelda has moved on, I would like to see a Dark Cloud reboot done in the style of classic Zeldas with an overworld and dungeons and bosses.

However, they're not doing DC3 if they do bring the series back. They're not going to do a sequel to a 16 year old game. But I do think the series would have some value in a reboot.

GreenEarth

alt account
Banned
Oct 24, 2019
If I remember, they showed Knack, Killzone Shadow Fall, Driveclub, Destiny, and Infamous Second Son. They also showed off features like Share Play, Remote Play, etc...

Why would it matter if they didn't show the box when they showed games and features?
And Deep Down!

Destiny was E3, I think.

G_O

Oct 28, 2017
No. They talked tech, and showed a bunch of games. But the box is more important?
I like to know how it will fit in with my TV and cabinet. To be honest I have no memory of them showing games at the show. I think Mark Cerny must have sent me asleep. I cant listen to tech stuff for more than 2 mins

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I like to know how it will fit in with my TV and cabinet. To be honest I have no memory of them showing games at the show. I think Mark Cerny must have sent me asleep. I cant listen to tech stuff for more than 2 mins
They will show games , spec and controller (maybe the console , or keep the console for later )

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
We are in the release year, good times! That's the only news I need, but I would not complain with some more tidbits though!

G_O

Oct 28, 2017
TIL talking about the specs, the console's features and showing games is boring, showing the console is the most important thing apparently, this is the new "But they don't have a holiday game".
Honestly I have little memory of the event and only really recall the games been shown at that years E3. From the Feb event I only remember the tech being discussed which I don't care about. The games are of course the most important thing.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I really like the prospect of this thing being backwards compatible with PS4. Hope we get more details on that!

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly I have little memory of the event and only really recall the games been shown at that years E3. From the Feb event I only remember the tech being discussed which I don't care about. The games are of course the most important thing.

Where they showed several games. I mean doesn't seem your record of the event is too crystal, but then you did say you fell asleep.

By your metric, I guess the XSX reveal at the TGA was spectacular. Box shown, 10 min segment, inengine tailer shown, job well done.

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Fucking hell. I wish Sony would just announce a date. We've had days and days of constant teasing from insiders. How hard is it just to announce a date for a reveal and send out press invites. The thirst to see some PS5 games is killing me! I'm struggling to contain the hype.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH