• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 1185

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This should quash any rumours or hopes. Dont trick yourselves into being disappointed.

Edit: People should also remember that Insomniac is onboard for Spider-Man as a 'franchise' meaning they will likely start on a sequel after the first one ships this year. Do not expect SO2 from them at any time in the near future or ever.

Last edited:

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Well, I guess that kills the rumor in the other thread. A shame tho. For what I've heard, the game deserves a sequel without doubt.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Sometimes, the pain is good.

Sometimes, the pain is necessary.

Doesn't mean it doesn't hurt.

I will wait for you, forever and always, Sunset Overdrive 2.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Not surprising. With Insomniac working on Spider-Man and the lack of an X patch for the original, support seems dead.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

AAMARMO

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Theres another reason to scratch off why im probably wont get an new xbox any time soon.......

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
I just would like to know if it's all hands on deck for Spider-Man or if the second team works on something separate (VR, R&C etc)?

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
I know Insomniac is busy with Spiderman and all, but given MS's stance on improving their 1st party lineup I would have thought this game would be a no-brainer.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Not surprising. Insomniac is working on Spiderman, with their second team either supporting it or working on a new Ratchet & Clank.

Oct 25, 2017
So hopefully what that user said about Starfield not being this year is wrong as well.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
These are the kind of news that makes me worry about the future of Xbox.

Spencer can say whatever he wants about the future, but it seems they don't have a clue what to do with the brand if is not Forza, Gears, and Halo.

With MS supposedly investing more money into the brand, I automatically expected good news for the fans. So many games people want and all we keep hearing is the usual suspects and that CD3 is not canceled..

Sad day Indeed.

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not in development. But we could get a CG trailer and the team will be free come September.

Backroom shady deals.

Winter47th

Banned
May 4, 2018
User Warned: System Wars
I know Insomniac is busy with Spiderman and all, but given MS's stance on improving their 1st party lineup I would have thought this game would be a no-brainer.
What stance on improving their 1st party lineup? The last Halo they announced? The Sea of Thieves early access? Bugs of Decay 2?

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure the whole team is focused on Spider-Man. Game is bigger than anything they've ever done before.

mojo

Oct 25, 2017
like who would even be developing it when insomniac is busy and it's their game?

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Insomniac working on Spider-Man doesn't mean they aren't at some part of production with any other game. Insomniac usually starts rolling off people to work on other projects near the end of a game's development cycle.

Last edited:

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
It was rumored otherwise? Insomniac are probably all in on Spider-Man for awhile I'd imagine, I doubt Spider-Man is a 1 off either.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
I think the idea was that it was someone other than Insomniac making it.

Why anyone would want that, I have no idea.
Insomniac owns the IP, so unless someone bought it from them, that's never happening.

I'm surprised people really think Sunset Overdrive 2 had much chance of happening. Like, I could see Insomniac making a new R&C or VR game because they're relatively small projects, but the amount of resources a Sunset Overdrive 2 would need would be better spent on Spider-Man or a Spider-Man sequel.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
(But that also doesn't mean they can't announce it's coming. Insomniac has to be planning for their next game.)

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I loved the first but I'm happy with this new. All time and development needs to go into Spider-Man.