• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This right here is exactly why compassion will always win in the end. You can spread hate and lies and encourage selfishness and greed, insult and belittle people for putting others before themselves but, in the end, everyone needs help.

Even you.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
wouldn't that money be better served to someone who's not an asshole

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
The higher road is nice when a person doesn't cross some hard lines with -isms.

I can't complain how people decide to use their money or energy.

Though 5 grand doesn't seem like enough for medical bills.

Snowy

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
wouldn't that money be better served to someone who's not an asshole

One could make this case, but A) even assholes don't deserve to be bankrupted by medical bills, B) You never know if this is the rare guy who will change his ways, and C) bad political beliefs in at least some percentage of the population are an inevitable consequence of shitty material conditions, and there is a balance to strike between not coddling these people but also acknowledging that individual sin is not the only relevant driving force making them what they are, and common humanity does need to factor in to at least some degree, even if the contemporaneous reality is that a large swath of the population, including possibly this guy, don't hold those beliefs themselves.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pattons a better person than me.

One look at this guys Twitter was all I needed to see to go "nah"

Instead he gets a gift and I doubt he'll change his awful ways.

Would love to be wrong however.

Pickman

Nov 20, 2017
Huntington, WV
Dear Patton,

You're the worst human being in the world and I hate you. Also, I need like 4400 bucks to make it out of this state and start a new life with my wife.

Cheers,
Pickypoo

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how many people are sitting on GoFundMe in desperate need of $5,000 who are decent people but aren't going to get it.

There's nothing feel good about this.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
First time I saw patton oswalt do stand up, I was prude, and got turned off by how half of his set was about smoking weed.

I don't think a single other comedian has ever had my opinion of them turn around so dramatically as I aged. Dude is legitimately a great guy in hollywood and by far one of my favorite actors. He's TV's Son of TV's Frank!

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how many people are sitting on GoFundMe in desperate need of $5,000 who are decent people but aren't going to get it.

There's nothing feel good about this.

Man some of you are absolutely miserable people. "It's not perfect so it was useless". Just be happy *some* good was done in the world. Questioning over every bit of good done is just going to lead to inaction.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Man some of you are absolutely miserable people. "It's not perfect so it was useless". Just be happy *some* good was done in the world. Questioning over every bit of good done is just going to lead to inaction.

I've tried this tact on here before. You'll get
accused of entitlement and tone policing. Trust me, there are some miserably rotten people who lack just as much self-awareness as the people they demonize on the other end of the political spectrum.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Rewarding people that attack you isn't exactly my pastime.

Oct 25, 2017

Nah. I don't have to feel good about an asshole being saved while decent people suffer. If it was up to me, we'd have coverage for all as a basic right, but right now we're forced to pick and choose and I'd rather people chose to help those who will build us up as a species, not tear us down.

Plus, your post and that other guy's is super ironic. Shouldn't you be kissing up to us and giving us gifts for disagreeing with you? I thought changing minds was more important?

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
Cool of Patton to do this. I hope he rewards some good people, too, though.

Enzom21

Oct 25, 2017
It always seems to be these racist white dudes who get rewarded for being shitheads... yep, sounds like America.
Who cares about this dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.