• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How much bullshit is this?

• All the bullshit

Votes: 420 23.7%
  • Total bullshit

Votes: 91 5.1%
  • Complete and utter bullshit

Votes: 417 23.5%
  • Thor 2 the dark world

Votes: 845 47.7%

• Total voters

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone who though he would get more was FOOLING themselves, this is double what I was expecting so I'm glad about that.

White collar crimes don't pay, that is just a 100% given.
To be fair, I'm pretty sure he did what he could during the trial hoping the jury would find him innocent.

ChestRockwell

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I served 31 months (sentenced to 3 years) for selling one stolen Nintendo 3DS.

To be fair, this was before the price drop.

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
To be fair, I'm pretty sure he did what he could during the trial hoping the jury would find him innocent.
This sentence surprised me more than if he would have been found innocent.

I don't see how you guys see this as a negative. This is a HUGE win. None of these buffoons, were never gonna get heavy sentencing, c'moon now.

The fact is, Trump is in all probability going to walk free. Shamed, but free. like it or not.

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
I just don't understand how something like that can happen.

It's just so depressing.

gigaslash

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Prosecutors recommended 19-24 years? For non-violent crimes? Preposterous. Then again, I guess America has to build up its prison population any way it can, huh?
Good call on Ellis' part.

Deleted member 10551

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Manafort still has a 2nd set of charges to be sentenced on ,from an angrier judge. Also, state charges can also happen.

Johnny Blaze

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
DE
The message that is sent is that crime pays off.

I'd go to jail for 4 if I can enjoy my millions after that. Totally worth it.

Nacho Papi

Oct 27, 2017
Yooooo that's one helluva annual salary! Crime does pay kids! (As long as you're rich and, more importantly, white).

PuppetMinion

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
What a fucking joke. The US seem like more and more a nation with a feudal system rather then a democratic one.

Oct 26, 2017

I just wonder you know? What could it be? What could possibly motivate the judge in this case?

man-thinking.jpg

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck it, burn the system to the ground. It's irredeemable. I don't know why I thought Manafort would be different. Because he was so ridiculously criminal, I thought he might have been scapegoated but nope.

Oh, and there's zero chance this is done without corrupt intent by Judge Ellis. Fucker was acting suspect from the beginning and there's no way to get anywhere near this sentence justly. There's been undue influence or corrupt bias; I don't know what it is but he must be one corrupt motherfucker.

I'm extremely angry and also utterly fatigued by this. Fuck this broken system.

JimNastics

Jan 11, 2018
And the USA's standing on the world stage plummets even further into the cesspit. Completely fucked, good luck to you all over there.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I just wonder you know? What could it be? What could possibly motivate the judge in this case?

man-thinking.jpg

Jefferson had like a coffee can in his freezer stashed with cash. I remember thinking it sounded straight out of a movie. Dude is corrupt but no where near corrupt as the traitor manafort. I hate the scumbags that have destroyed our country and the gullible idiots who enable them

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
why does the CNN say the judge has given Trump the tool to discredit the Mueller investigation

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
I like how the judge assumes in his ruling that Manaforts life, outside of this one case, is totally sparkling clean, and uses that to justify this soft-ball ruling. here's me thinking absence of evidence (him not getting caught for past crimes) isn't evidence of absence (him being totally clean before all this). But I guess an experienced federal judge just knows these things better than me.

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
One fifth to one sixth of the recommended sentence. Weird, it's almost like this judge has some kind of agenda...

Thankfully Judge Amy Berman Jackson is able to add up to ten consecutive years to this sentence if she so chooses, so it's too early to lose hope in checks and balances.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Yeah, rich white guys don't go to prison here. It's bullshit, much worse than Thor 2 the Dark World. Put BvS or JL on the poll and you'd get closer.

This judge, and most judges in this country, deserve to lose their jobs because of this exact kind of Injustice.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Could it be that Manafort received a reduced sentence because he is giving the FBI everything they want?

There's got to be something here, my blood is boiling.

Oct 27, 2017

This is the Manafort juror (the one with the MAGA hat in her car). If you can make it through the 8 minutes, you'll see just how miraculous it was that Manafort was convicted.

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
Could it be that Manafort received a reduced sentence because he is giving the FBI everything they want?

There's got to be something here, my blood is boiling.
I don't think so. The prosecutors from Mueller's office said that he was basically useless to them. When he didn't lie, he told them things they already knew.

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Does the US have the worst judiciary in the western world?
Honestly, I can't think of anywhere I wouldn't expect this kind of outcome. Privilege rules with impunity. Certainly it happens all the time here in Australia. Manafort getting properly punished would have been the aberrancy; we just got temporarily fooled into thinking things might be different this time.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
Don't know why everyone is so surprised.
Capitalism is just working as intended, nothing to see here.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

The New York Times @nytimes

While "many judges do sentence leniently in white-collar cases, dropping all the way from 19 years to four years is absurd," said Barbara McQuade, a former United States attorney who teaches law at the University of Michigan https://nyti.ms/2ELhMBC

7:14 AM - Mar 8, 2019

The Washington Post @washingtonpost

Paul Manafort's "mind-boggling" 47-month sentence prompts debate over "blatant inequities" in the justice system https://wapo.st/2TIdBQF

6:55 AM - Mar 8, 2019

Michael Del Moro @MikeDelMoro

Natasha Bertrand on @Morning_Joe: "The fact that the judge would say that Paul Manafort has lived this pristine life prior to his massive tax and bank fraud crimes is really a complete joke to anybody who's studied Paul Manafort's life."

7:20 AM - Mar 8, 2019

TheLetdown

Oct 25, 2017
So, the charges that he remains to be sentenced for are the Consp Against US and similar stemmed charges. As in, the charges that can only be tried in a federal venue.

So, the backup plan of charging him at the state level should he be pardoned is now out the window, as long as he takes the 47 months on the chin for bank fraud and accepts his pardon for treason.