• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How much bullshit is this?

• All the bullshit

Votes: 420 23.7%
  • Total bullshit

Votes: 91 5.1%
  • Complete and utter bullshit

Votes: 417 23.5%
  • Thor 2 the dark world

Votes: 845 47.7%

• Total voters

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
It's basically a 50/50 shot in every case going forward.

Well either get a corrupt Trumper or won't.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Get caught selling weed has a greater consequence.

Criminal Justice system is so grossly unfair if you are rich and white.

Judge a right winger? How do you go from a 20+ yr recommendation to less than 4?

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
MOtherfucker took a plea, then lied to special counsel, and still gets a life? Fuck off

jeffrito

Oct 27, 2017
I am so sick of feeling so disappointed and disgusted with my country. This judge is just more evidence that tribalism is more to the core of our collective humanity than any of the noble (lies) virtues, like justice, to which we aspire will ever be. Vince McMahon is President and Elmer Gantry's clones pump poison into our nation's mass media. Stephon Clark is murdered in his grandma's backyard and the killers won't be charged. It never stops. Disappointment.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
What a naked display of broken justice system. The weak truly are meat the strong do eat. His white collar crimes were not victimless and yet this cunt gets a sentence (with time served no less) that is absolutely laugh out loud worthy, courtesy of another unethical cunt.

This acts as a very strong indication of the type of punishment Trump and his family might face for all their transgressions.

Makes you wonder what those American soldiers and other agents putting their lives on line for when the people in positions of power to alter their fates are that brazenly corrupt secure in the knowledge that they will never face consequences commensurate with their crimes.

I came here for the Thor 2 the dark world option, but it's just worse. What is even the point anymore

Yep, it has entered Inhuman territory.

Exile20

Oct 25, 2017
Get caught selling weed has a greater consequence.

Criminal Justice system is so grossly unfair if you are rich and white.

Judge a right winger? How do you go from a 20+ yr recommendation to less than 4?

Life in Prison for Selling $20 of Weed
Homeless and hungry, Fate Vincent Winslow wanted something to eat, so he agreed to sell pot to a stranger—an undercover cop.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/life-in-prison-for-selling-dollar20-of-weed

Texas woman sentenced to 5 years in prison for voting while on probation
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...obation/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.b1d390d717c3

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
That's fucking insanity.
Holy shit, the whole "otherwise blameless life" (as if this doesn't fucking apply to every fucking God damn criminal) almost pisses me off more.

I hope the DC Circuit judge dunks on Manafort hard.

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just, seriously though.... "Aside from all those times he committed crimes, he committed no crime." What kind of logic is that? Absolute nonsense.

Matrix XII

Oct 27, 2017
Judge is compromised. Should be relieved of his duties immediately.

Could he be under investigation after this?

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I can't even comprehend how that sentence could've come out his mouth. Just disgusting.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
In case you were wondering why poor folks aren't all that charitable to the wealthy right now.

True Prophecy

Oct 28, 2017
That's fucking insanity.
Holy shit, the whole "otherwise blameless life" (as if this doesn't fucking apply to every fucking God damn criminal) almost pisses me off more.

I hope the DC Circuit judge dunks on Manafort hard.

Worse thing is he had been a criminal his whole life. This is so fucked and everything wrong with modern society justice.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Manafort will be serving multiple sentences. He will also be called/subpoenaed before multiple congressional committees for many hours of testimony, or he will have sentences added on. There are charges that could be retried, or even new charges we don't yet know about. Which makes the "otherwise blameless" comment seem practically clueless.

Deleted member 36543

Banned
Dec 20, 2017
Is it not time to call out the judge? Can he not be barred from being a judge over this case since he's obviously corrupt ? Why is this judge untouchable. He's betraying this Democracy in broad daylight in front of everyone.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mueller should appeal the sentence.

This is fucking nonsense, a child could see the Judge is biased.

Jeffapp

Oct 29, 2017
At least Manafort has many other crimes he can be charged with. I guess the hope is the next judge will get him

Deleted member 283

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God, all I'm thinking about right now is incidents like Philando Castile was shot dead for having a legal gun. And more than that even, Eric Garner being killed by police in an incident that started with them accusing him of improperly selling cigarettes (and how in top of that those responsible for those deaths escaping justice). What those men did, based on the cops escaping justice, apparently deserved death, but Manafort's crimes deserved just a few years? God, this country is app kinds of messed up. Like, all I'm thinkin' about right now is if Manafort was black, he quite easily could have shared the fate of men like Garner, but he's not, and so he's so privileged as to get a slap on the wrist instead. The discrepancies in the US justice system couldn't be more clear, and it infuriates me.

Sky Chief

Oct 30, 2017
What a surprise! A judge who was nominated by Ronald Reagan goes easy on a guy who helped get Reagan elected.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not in favor of the death penalty, but that is what used to happen for treason.
NOBODY COMMITTED THE LITERAL CRIME OF TREASON. Like, use it colloquially or w/e, I don't care, but don't throw around treason colloquially and then complain he wasn't sentenced commensurate with the actual statutory crime of treason which was never in a million years on the table for anyone. Isn't it good enough to say he got off lightly for his actual convicted crimes of tax and bank fraud?

Last edited:

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
NOBODY COMMITTED THE LITERAL CRIME OF TREASON. Like, use it colloquially or w/e, I don't care, but don't throw around treason colloquially and then complain he wasn't sentenced commensurate with the actual statutory crime of treason which was never in a million years on the table for anyone. Isn't it good enough to say he got off lightly for his actual convicted crimes of tax and bank fraud?

Sure there wasn't enough evidence, but everyone knows treason is what happened.

He got off really lightly for what he was charged with, and he will never have to pay for his more serious crimes.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sure there wasn't enough evidence, but everyone knows treason is what happened.

He got off really lightly for what he was charged with, and he will never have to pay for his more serious crimes.

Treason, as defined in the constitution (the only crime that is!), was not committed by anyone under investigation by the special counsel. Legally the elements required can't be met.

As far as his other crimes, he is being sentenced for some of them next week by a different judge and reports are that the state of NY is also preparing to file their own charges.