• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

xabbott

Oct 28, 2017
Florida
If you have a good PC then you're pretty much set as far as Microsoft is concerned. Unless you're interested in back compat.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
If you have a good PC then you're pretty much set as far as Microsoft is concerned. Unless you're interested in back compat.

Yes and No.

Its alot easier to play those MS exclusive games on a 1X, but the downside is some of those titles may not have a 1X patch, also you lose the overall power benefits from all titles on PC.

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
It's an amazing console and worth every penny IMO. If you buy it, play your multiplatforms on it. Assuming you have a decent 4K set, the difference is noticeable even against a Pro.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
If you have a PC why would you bother with a 1x? Just chomping at the bits to pay to unlock multiplayer and 30 fps? That money is better spent on upgrading your pc.

DocSeuss

Oct 25, 2017
1X is fantastic. Definitely the best way to complement your PC setup. They work extremely well together. Game Pass is incredible too.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
I mean buy it and play what you want on it. Depending how beefy your PC is id say you don't need a 1X at all though.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd say it depends on your home setup. If your PC is in say an office or at least far away from your living room, an Xbox can work well to play those games on your TV, but even then you're looking at a pretty small collection of games that your PS4 can't play. So pretty situational.

BLLYjoe25

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
why would you buy an xbox? you have a PC lol. xbox cant even manage 60fps or proper 4K in all games.

don't waste your money.

if xb1x is a "Beast" then what the hell is PC meant to be? a PC will destroy XB1X every day.

Hex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do what you have to do, but I would take that money and upgrade your PC

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
why would you buy an xbox? you have a PC lol. xbox cant even manage 60fps or proper 4K in all games.

don't waste your money.

if xb1x is a "Beast" then what the hell is PC meant to be? a PC will destroy XB1X every day.
I really don't want to get into this argument, but there's no way whatsoever you could build a PC that's equivalent to the 1X with only $500 (the price of the console).

Since we don't know about the OP's financial situation, it's best not to make any assumptions about that.

BDubsLegend

Banned
Jan 24, 2018
Unless you have a machine that exceeds the specs of the Xbox one X (most people that use steam don't) its a solid buy. If you crave more control over your games like modding then stay with PC. If you're trying to find a good place to play best versions of most multi plats pick one up.

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
There are a few BC titles that aren't on PC and a few early gen exclusives as well. If buying a $500 console for those is worth for you, go right ahead. I'd rather spend this money on new games for PC and PS4.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you have a PC why would you bother with a 1x? Just chomping at the bits to pay to unlock multiplayer and 30 fps? That money is better spent on upgrading your pc.

As someone with a pretty good gaming PC who recently bought an X, for me it's because I prefer the console ecosystem. Being on a console has a social and immersive feel that I don't get on a PC. I work on a PC all day, sitting down at a desk again makes it hard for me to detach and fully focus on the game. I feel the need to have something on my other monitor. It's hard for me to be at a PC and get fully in gaming mode -- if that makes sense?

Whereas with a console I can sit down on the couch, grab my controller and i'm fully focused on the game. I see my friends, my games, i'm in the ecosystem and it feels more immersive. I find I can detach and unwind from a day a lot easier with a console than with a computer. The fact that a game will run better on my PC isn't really enough to dissuade me.

k0decraft

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
^ Poster above, exactly. PC is nice but that console experience is much nicer from a user experience perspective.

Also, are the same games on PC anymore fun than they are on console? No.

Get an Xbox and enjoy a console system that does everything better than the competition aside from exclusives.

Game pass leaves much to be desired on PC for those saying "lulz, you got a PC why get an Xbox?". There are a alot of factors most for me are stated by the poster above.

don't waste your money.

Same can be said here about a PS4/Pro.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
How do you see the best way to make it the main console?

You probably should get it for all the upcoming multiplats not on PC or games you'd just prefer playing on consoles instead of PC also you'll probably be needing a 1X if you want the best console version of RDR2 and there are amazing services (EA access, Og Xbox and 360 BC, Gamepass) on the Xbox that you'd probably enjoy. If you got the cash to spend I'd say go for it but in the end It's your decision to make bro. You do what's best for you.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
PC and One do work really well so long as you're already paying for gold/game pass and play all your multiplats on it, it's really nice to choose between console or PC and have the console be so nice regardless of that.

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
I have a triple titan PC and play 90% of my gaming on my X, Game Pass and EA access are instant huge libraries for it also.

Play Anywhere has been nice for playing on the laptop while travelling if I'm not in the mood for the switch.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
The Xbox is redundant. I sold mine when I built my PC, but that's just me. A X1X is a lot of
money that in my eyes is better spent upgrading your PC or expanding your options with a Switch.

VallenValiant

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The OP, if he is serious, is an extreme minority. I am assuming that money is no object, because to make 1X his main gaming console despite being a PS4 owner means basically rebuying ALL his games. That is a lot of time and effort.

Really, i would believe him more if he was saying he wanted to play Xbox exclusives. But using it as the main console? For that kind of time and money he might as well upgrade his PC gaming rig.

But hey, some people just have the disposable income for that and I am not going to judge. I personally think it is the wrong time to buy a 1X with the Gen almost over, but that only assumes OP actually care about not wasting money. If he considers it pocket change then he can do what he wants.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
I have a PS4, PC and XB1 and my XB1 is basically a paperweight at this point. I've used it for maybe 10 hours this year to try Sea of Thieves and play a bit of Game Pass. Don't waste your money.

~Fake

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You already have a PC, unless its not so powerful.

TwinsUltra64

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cyberspace, EUROPE
If you own a PC you can actually Play Xbox one games, instead why don't you invest your money on the Switch ?
It has great games such as Mario, Splatoon, Zelda, Smash, MarioKart, and many more to come, So you can actually play PS4,PC,Xbox and Switch games.

Dizastah

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't do it OP. I was in the same boat. I wanted an X1X because it was new and shiny.......but it honestly doesn't make sense unless your PC is crap.

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
As someone with a pretty good gaming PC who recently bought an X, for me it's because I prefer the console ecosystem. Being on a console has a social and immersive feel that I don't get on a PC. I work on a PC all day, sitting down at a desk again makes it hard for me to detach and fully focus on the game. I feel the need to have something on my other monitor. It's hard for me to be at a PC and get fully in gaming mode -- if that makes sense?

Whereas with a console I can sit down on the couch, grab my controller and i'm fully focused on the game. I see my friends, my games, i'm in the ecosystem and it feels more immersive. I find I can detach and unwind from a day a lot easier with a console than with a computer. The fact that a game will run better on my PC isn't really enough to dissuade me.

this + if you have a 4k/HDR set - HDR support is so much more widespread on consoles than it is on PC.
I game on PC a lot to play with friends but otherwise, after a long day of sitting at/working on computers, I don't really wanna do that when I get home.

OP - Get gamepass.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
Between all my consoles and pc, I sold my X just yesterday. Only thing I played was red dead and cities. While fun, with my current limited time, it just sat there unused. Couldn't really justify it personally.

If you've got the time and the urge, then have fun and buy all your non-pc/PS4 stuff there. Personally, not worth it to me. BC just doesn't excite me as much as I thought it would and I really just cannot get into their recent exclusives at all.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Some One X pros even if you have a PS4 and a PC:

1. One X has the best hardware for the console-only multiplats like RDR2 and Madden.

2. One X has been getting a steady supply of OG Xbox and Xbox 360 game backward compatibility support, including patches that upgrade many of them to 4K. RDR 1 is a prime example of that.

3. One X has a 4K BD Rom built in.

Doffen

Oct 28, 2017
The best way to make it your main console:
- Buy all 3rd party titles for it.
- Get services like Live, Game Pass and EA Access.
- Play Backwards Compatible games like Red Dead Redemption.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
First of all OP, I'd ask yourself if you really need it. Unless you're interested in backwards compatibility or need a 4K Blu-Ray player, a PC will have you covered except for a scant few exclusives.

Unfortunately I needed the 4K player and I love me some RDR probably way too much...

Jerykk

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
Also, are the same games on PC anymore fun than they are on console? No.

I'm pretty sure the correct answer is "yes." Multiplatform games always look, run and in many cases, control better on PC (shooters, strategy, RPG, etc). When a game looks nicer, runs at double the frame rate and has quicker and more precise controls, that's an objectively better experience.

As others have mentioned, if you already have a gaming PC and enjoy gaming on said PC, it's difficult to justify an Xbox One X. If you have some strange aversion to desks and monitors, you can just hook up your PC to a TV, sit on your couch and use a game pad.

Mercador

Nov 18, 2017
Quebec City
I got a pc with a 1070 on my tv and I'm wondering why I keep my ps4 to be honest. I'm keeping it only for RDR2 at this point...

DAREALGUMMY

Oct 25, 2017
I had an Xbox One S and PS4. I saw no need for my Xbox when Gears 4 got a little old and Scalebound was cancelled.

I find it even less for me now that I have a PC.

Commodore64

Oct 25, 2017
Unless you already have a collection of 360 games ready to emulate I don't see the benefit of bringing a Xbox one into the fold.