• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really doesn't bother me that much. I don't mind using EGS for the handful of (mostly singleplayer) games that I own there. And I've enjoyed getting some great recent games for free.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
No, I have enough games to play through that exclusivity for a few means nothing. And for the most part, very few titles that have gone to EGS have interested me so it's not hard to ignore. Between my gog and steam libraries and all other titles on pc, I have little need to 'go back' to console. I still game on my consoles anyway - just not as much (gamecube wooo).

Uraizen

Oct 26, 2017
I just skip them and end up buying games on my wishlist other places instead. Developers and publishers who went EGS exclusive win a fat sack of cash and I still get a game I wanted elsewhere.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
I mainly play on PC these days but I don't see EGS as a reason to ditch the platform.

Sure EGS has a lot of problems and the exclusivity situation sucks, but there are still plenty of games out there.

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
What the fuck is this thread lol. "I don't like my choice of storefronts on PC so I'll go to console that has no choice (digitally at least)."

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
I used to use Chrome, but then I opened the EGS on it and had to permanently switch to Firefox just to feel clean again

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
No fan of EGS but there's just so many games out there that I can't possibly afford in terms of both money and time. Some titles taking themselves off my radar for a year is an irrelevance. Certain can't change my preferred platform.

HK-47

Oct 25, 2017
I support the pc as an open platform, something the EGS is clearly against. That's part of what I like about it and consoles are kind of like an end game EGS store where everything is locked down. They are fine supplemental products and that's as far as I'll go.

Vyrance

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
There's so many games on PC. If devs want to take their games to EGS, then there's plenty of other games I'll spend my money on instead.

Dec 15, 2017
Stealth weekly PC gaming doom and gloom thread by era?

No if anything we are getting previously exclusive games on PC like the David cage ones. And as feature less as EGS is for now it will never be as inferior as monopolistic Sony Ms and Nintendo alternatives.

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
Fuck no.

Paying for online? Still a scam
Framerate? Still shittier than a PC
Horsepower? Not even a conversation worth having

Still have an eco system that gets more games, more unique genres n types of games you really don't get on consoles, more flexible hardware, more options for controllers n shit.

Waiting a year is some first world problems shit, right up there with when we get a bad port, which loosely translates to the PC version runs like the console version.

jay

Oct 25, 2017
I do not understand the question really. I have hundreds of Steam games I haven't played yet, and have been downloading free games on Epic's store. Life is fine.

Th0rnhead

Oct 27, 2017
Nope. Have no issues buying and playing games through the Epic launcher. I don't agree with how they've handled getting exclusive games, and it is missing features that'd be nice to have. But that's not going to stop me from buying a game I want to play. I think it's good for Steam to have competition.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
If I had issues with EGS game exclusivity, I don't see how console digital storefront situation would be an improvement.

Nah, there are too many games I want to play to mourn over few going exclusive.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Nope. If anything I transitioned to PS4 due to shitty ports and various PC issues and am only now starting to go back as sub-60fps framerates legitimately hinder not only my enjoyment of but also my ability in games. EGS games can wait until either EGS stops being a steaming pile of shit (it's bound to happen eventually) or they release elsewhere.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Well i am but is not just because of EGS, is a multitude of reasons im considering going back to consoles only for next gen but yes, EGS is a factor that is making PC unappealing to me alongside the awful value on GPUs alongside other stuff.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Epic exclusives save me money since I do not have to consider buying those games until a year later, but maybe not even then considering the amount of games that come out every year.

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
With buying games exclusively for a vastly inferior storefront, has their policies made you consider getting a console to play games that are EGS exclusive?

No. I...don't really care. It's a launcher. I have multiple TBs of SSD storage and every storefront. I click the icon of the game I want to play, it launches, and away I go.

Feel free to do what you want but I'm not returning to inferior console versions because a company decided to use a different launcher for their game for whatever reason.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
I was thinking of returning to consoles before EGS, but now it makes it more appealing to not have to deal with the whole mess of games getting locked to objectively worse launchers that can negatively affect the consistency of your gaming experience. I'm not always too keen on Googling to fix problems and downloading fixes from random Dropboxes either.

At least on console you can just quite easily get games that simply just work well, have a consistent feature set across all games, and generally have the most optimized graphics settings for the hardware.

Unkindled

Nov 27, 2018
As an alternative to be considered yes because I already have console but I am just waiting for now.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
No, but if Elden Ring was to be exclusive I'd just play it on consoles. I can ignore the rest.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Like, let's get super real here.
I play on PC because somewhere or other someone's got a fix for the problem breaking compatibility between your game and your system.
Yes, the PS1 release of the game is probably overall better, but there's just a great joy in knowing that with only a simple drop-in directx7 replacement DLL I can be running Walt Disney World Quest: Magical Racing Tour on Windows 10 with otherwise no fuss.
Having to do some tweaking here or there to fix a game running out of a different environment is often more fun than actually playing a video game.

It's important to assert dominance over your computer and make it clear which one of you is actually the boss in the relationship.

Oct 25, 2017
No. PC gaming still beats console gaming by miles, just slightly less so now before this shit started happening.

I going to collect their free stuff in my backlog, and otherwise not buy anything from the Epic games store.

Either I wait for the exclusivity of specific game to end, or the bullshit reaches a breaking point for me (Shenmue 3) and I write a given game off until it's like a dollar or something.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Buying a console would be dumb as shit, but if I already owned a console and a game I was really hyped for was on console + EGS, i would definitely lean towards console.

JaxiPup

Dec 23, 2017
Massachusetts
Naw, but it is disapointing to see games I'd like to add to my steam library go exclusive. 100% selfish, collector reasoning, but I like seeing my steam account grow.

I'll wait for steam releases for the ones with timed exclusivity and probably pass on anything else

squeakywheel

Oct 29, 2017
No. I don't mind bouncing around different launchers. I like competition if it benefits my bank account.

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
I will pay for a hundred EGS exclusive games I want to play before I pay a fee for online gaming.

Barberetti

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Returning to consoles? I never came from consoles in the first place.

As for the rest, I only buy games from sites that provide offline installers, so GoG, or straight from the devs etc. The only time I use other online shops is if the game is free, so thanks EGS for Subnautica. Best game I've played in ages, and I didn't have to pay a penny!

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
I threw out my monitor after downloading and opening EGS.
source.gif

orava

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 10, 2019
Switch to another walled garden, exclusive infested platform? No.

Oct 28, 2017
No. Epic and their current focus just mean I'm spending less on games. I'm determined not to give Epic any of my business, no matter that many of the EGS exclusive moneyhats are games I would have bought had they been available elsewhere.

Danteyke223

Banned
Oct 24, 2018
I was a console gamer this generation, have a 4K TV even, but I'm so fed up with load times, and price gouging on consoles that I'm out. 2020 can't wait for those new Nvidia 3000 series card.

I don't care about EGS, my data is already being stolen or used for ads so ... meh

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Not really, but there are a handful of games on the horizon which I plan to play on Xbox via GamePass, purchase, or rental, since they're not on Steam and I'm not at all interested in Epic's alternative.

kiriku

Oct 27, 2017
No, I have no problem buying games on EGS. Sure, all the features Steam has are nice and all, but my focus is on the actual game and that still works 100 % for me on EGS.

Rpgmonkey

Oct 25, 2017
Generally if I'm buying something on PC it's because I want a relatively optimal experience, both within the game and in a few features/benefits external to the game.

The EGS doesn't really provide all of that, for now anyway, so if I intend to buy a game on PC and waiting until it comes to a store/service that does provide that stuff is an option I'm willing to take (which, so far, has been the case for any EGS game that remotely interests me), I might as well just wait. I don't have that strong of an opinion on the store or it's market impact, it's simply that I don't get any personal benefit out of using it nor do I have any reason to use it, so I don't.

Now if it was something I was really excited for and my choices were to get it from the EGS, buy it on console, or play it a year later, I'd likely buy it for the EGS.