• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
I'll either wait for the exclusivity to wear off or pick up the console version cheap..Unless it runs like shit on console, then I'll skip it completely.

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
I'm good with waiting. I use my EGS account to grab the freebies but the only thing I've even considered buying is Outer Worlds when it comes out, but my backlog is endless so I'll probably be good with waiting for it to hit Steam

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
No. There's only a few EGS games I was interested in picking up day 1, and 2 of them are on GamePass Day 1 anyway.

A stupid amount of good games come out every month on Steam and GOG so If a game goes EGS exclusive ill just ignore it until it releases on other storefronts and get it on sale.

hersheyfan

Oct 25, 2017
Manila, Philippines
Return to consoles? I never left.

My PC may now be my primary home gaming device, but I've always had at least one console on hand in any given generation (two in this case, the PS4 and the NSW).

Thats why a lot of this EGS exclusive stuff doesnt phase me as much any more - any title with a big enough development cost can't launch on PC only without also launching on other non-PC platforms if they want to make money, so I have plenty of options as to how I want to partake.

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
No.

It made me uninstall EGS from my PC.

I can wait for games to release on other platforms

I can wait for Microsoft to free them via gamepass

Or I can say fuck em! :-)

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
Cant play Nintebdo on ps4, Uncharted on Xbox etc., pc isn't anywhere near as restrictive as consoles.

EeK9X

Jan 31, 2019
I usually wait for deals, regardless of the platform, so, no to the thread's question. I will say, however, that I'm becoming increasingly more appreciative of services like Game Pass and even Origin Access Premier (which is a great value, believe me).

Outer Wilds is a fantastic game that, unfortunately, is only available through the EGS on PC. Nonetheless, it was made available on Game Pass at launch, albeit only for the Xbox One. It played horribly, having severe frame rate issues and some other nasty bugs, but since I was really looking forward to that game (and it's not overly long), I finished it on console - and still enjoyed my time with it.

Would I have played it on PC, instead, if it were available on a store with regional pricing and currency? Definitely. Do I regret not having to pay anything more than the GP subscription fee to have access to it "early"? Not at all. Will I buy it again when it becomes available on Steam, to support the developers? You betcha.

As for Origin Access Premier, although not an exclusive, I only played A Plague Tale: Innocence because it was added to that service. Another great game that I wouldn't have checked out otherwise.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Literally lol'd. Hell no. They're even giving me free shit. Consoles aren't.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
"sure, let's abandon a platform that has a few games temporarily locked in a shitty storefront for a different platform where my games all run like shit and I'm locked to a shitty storefront"

Makes sense to me

Escaflow

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
No , I'm happy with buying Control on EGS for $18.99 during promotion . I know people would want all their game and friends under one platform , but for me it's all about the cheapest price entry . Also what's wrong with the platform exclusivity ? You can still download EGS and get the exclusive games there , not like you need to buy an Xbox or PS4 for it .

Not too bothered with all these platforms running too , all the cores from my 3700x existed for this . Some of you are behaving like EGS is some sort of virus or mass murderers

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
lol, no

I haven't bought a game on EGS yet, but if hypothetically they bought timed exclusivity for a game I "needed" on Day 1, I would suck it up and buy it on EGS, because the PC version would still be better than the console version.

Nacery

Jul 11, 2018
Nope, it is actually making me play my backlog instead of purchasing new titles lol

True Prophecy

Oct 28, 2017
Ironically since I built my new PC I am buying more console games again because I can not wait for some titles.

But I will be double dipping on them later because I'm financially stable enough to do so and I need to see them in their ultrawide glory lol.

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
Not really, I can just wait.
I already do that with most PC ports, like Judgment will probably be on PC someday and I'm fine waiting for it.

BossLackey

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Kansas City, MO
lmao no, why would this be a problem for anyone

lmao what in the world OP
Pretty much my exact reaction.

I get that EGS isn't as feature rich as it needs to be, but people keep acting like you'll catch a virus from using it. This is the age we live in. There are no more one stop shops for digital entertainment anymore.

Not to mention, a store front having reviews or whatever is not the reason I play PC games. This thread makes absolutely no sense.

Heyasuki

Nov 28, 2017
I'm good with waiting or just playing it on their store. I honestly don't care where I buy the game as long as I can play it. Competition is good.