• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ArnoldJRimmer

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Lol, no. I'll wait till they hit Steam, if I really want to play them, otherwise, I'll skip them, it's not like thera ren't hundreds of other games I want to play but don't have time to.

Going down to consoles is even worse than using EGS in many ways.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Why would I ? I'm complaining about EGS making the PC market more like the console market. It's not to return the market I left because of said practices.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
It's just a store.

GaaS becoming the increasing focus of top tier gaming, poor user experience and lack of convenience is what made me ditch PC.

BrutalInsane

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Not at all. Mechwarrior 5 and Phoenix Point were my two most wanted games this year, but I can wait. There's tons of other stuff out there to play.

The one thing that would super piss me off is if Vermintide 3 becomes an EGS moneyhat. I know Tencent recently invested in the developer . . . .

Heraldic

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I'm still waiting for the Witcher 3 GOTY to drop in price. Last I checked it was 13 bucks. Come on 3 dollars! Just barely bought Wolfenstein, the very first one. And it's not for lack of a good gpu. I have a gtx 1070. Soooo no. Canceled my EGS account also. Only had Fortnite on there

Oct 25, 2017
User Warned - Platform Warring
I love love love the fact that the awful attitude that permeated the platform for so long (master race, arrogance, just terrible behaviour in general that set the standard for what we now consider standard online atmosphere) has now had to see the chickens come home to roost like this.

No sympathy.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Nope, I only ever gamed on PC, so... no

My backlog across Steam, GOG, Origin, etc already contains more games than I'll ever play in my lifetime, so EGS holding some games hostage for a year isn't gonna detract me.

Not when I can literally spend a year playing custom mods for a single RTS. Or try multiple mods for Bloodlines or New Vegas, or Medieval 2.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
lol

there are hundreds of great PC games that exist on storefronts other than EGS

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Naw, it won't make me stop on PC. I'll buy games when epic is basically giving them away (got Hades for 7 bucks) or will wait. Or if gmg has a good sale. I just want good prices on gmg and cloud saves.

I love love love the fact that the awful attitude that permeated the platform for so long (master race, arrogance, just terrible behaviour in general that set the standard for what we now consider standard online atmosphere) has now had to see the chickens come home to roost like this.

No sympathy.

6/10 troll.

demondance

Oct 27, 2017
I just wait for EGS games to appear elsewhere. At some point I'll probably buy stuff on there when the situation stabilizes but... Who knows.

If I was going to put money on it, my bet is EGS isn't even a thing in 5-ish years. These deals can't keep going forever unless they want to run at a loss for 20 years and they aren't putting much effort at all into making the store something worth being loyal to.

KillerDark

Oct 26, 2017
Not a chance. To me EGS is just another launcher, whats one more on the list at this point. I still have consoles for exclusives but if a game is out on PC at the same time I will almost always get it on PC, regardless of storefront.

bear force one

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orlando
Store Wars is honestly the most telling topic on this board. I'm embarrassed for all involved.

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Only if Epic managed to get every video game exclusively on PC...so not a chance.

I'll just keep saving money for all the Steam releases coming out while other games are locked behind Tim Sweeney's gate.

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
I'm already a PC +Nintendo household, so I'm good. Plus I have backlogs of humongous sizes for every platform I own, it's in the hundreds on Steam, several dozen on the 3DS, and it's already in the teens for the Switch I have more money than time :(

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
I have about 6 launchers on my PC now. I'm not bothered by it and for the games I've gotten on it so far, it's been a really smooth experience.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With buying games exclusively for a vastly inferior storefront, has their policies made you consider getting a console to play games that are EGS exclusive?

No. What has me considering a return to consoles is the price of GPUs, honestly. In order to have a lot of daylight between my X1X and the PC visually I'm having to spend more and more. CPUs are cheaper, memory is cheaper or steady... GPUs are $1300 for one that'll give me 4K60 in most games. 3x the cost of a console. Even a great 1440p60-120 GPU is going to be $500-800.

Epic Game Store is garbage but I've simply chosen to either skip games exclusive to that storefront, or wait until they are dirt cheap on Steam. I've got a huge backlog, plus Cyberpunk coming out next year, Last of Us 2, Death Stranding, MHW expansion... I have a full plate.

Yesterday

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't really care about the things that make it "inferior" so no I'll keep playing Tetris Effect

lyte edge

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While I have yet to get anything from the EGS, whenever something that I just have to have comes along, I'm sure I'll get it. Otherwise can wait- I prefer to stick with Steam, but it's not like I don't already have Origin, Battle.net, UPlay, etc. installed with some games. What's one more client?

Fishook

Dec 20, 2017
No, not got a problem with EGS. I have come to conclusion that life is to short to be bothered about all this stuff, just going to play/buy the games which interest me as I haven' got time to bother with the rest anymore.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Any problems the EGS has are amplified significantly for consoles. I can at least still manually migrate saves on an EGS game. I don't, like, need cloud saves.
The only reason I haven't hacked my Switch the way I have my WiiU (and its Wii mode) or my 3DS is that I want to be able to continue to use Mario Maker and not be banned.

May 15, 2019
Nah, consoles still aren't going to have the high end graphics features, resolutions and framerates a PC game is. I can wait until either EGS irons out all of their issues that prevent my friends in other countries from even being able to buy games on their service, or the games come to Steam. (Or hell I'd even take Origin or uPlay)

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't understand people's aversion to running multiple storefronts. CPUs are increasingly multithreaded and Windows Scheduler is mature enough to the point that having additional launchers poses no issues in terms of performance or resource usage when gaming.

If I have the choice, of course I'll buy on Steam, but if not, having an additional icon in my task-bar is not a big deal.

This is what it looks like:

fBIUqGr.png

zoku88

Oct 27, 2017
No... I dislike the exclusive strategy, so why would I go to consoles whose manufacturers do the same thing?

EDIT : there are enough games released that I can ignore egs and its exclusives without missing much.

Conan

Oct 25, 2017
Leave a platform that has one launcher that is buying exclusives to go to platforms that are completely closed and are also based around buying exclusives? Not sure I even follow the logic here.

sku

Feb 11, 2018
If it's a game I don't care too much about or plan on replaying a lot, then sometimes. Otherwise I have no problem waiting. Refuse to play FPS games on console too. Borderlands 3, for example, I will absolutely be waiting to play on Steam.