• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Finally started playing Battletech, and i'm kinda disappointed.

I actually like what's there thus far, but just moving or attacking takes so long.
Skip/Speed-up options for TB-games are never not good.

The forums are full of people talking about this, so i hope the devs will patch it in, I think i'll wait with this and play Frostpunk instead

Are you guys ready for Tomb Raider Prequel 3: You know we really are 3/4ths of the way towards being the Tomb Raider.

The coverart is legit great

Oct 26, 2017
Persona is amazing I won't accept that slander against the objectively best rpg franchise ever

What did you say?
304501.planescape-torment-per-pc.fgmox_jpg_800x0_crop_upscale_q85.jpg

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Does Planescape Torment have cute waifus and husbandos?
Do people cosplay its ui?
Does it have a dancing spinoff with ill suited costumes for underaged girls?
thought so.
Checkmate crpg grognards.

Deleted member 300

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

chronicon got new update :D

• Linux support
  • Hardcore mode
  • Ultimate skills overhauled
  • Skill cooldowns and damage differences improved
  • Quest log improvements
  • Quest tracker
  • 50+ new sound effects and improved sound & music quality
  • Companion improvements
  • CDR, MCR and effect duration are now multiplicative stats
  • New stats:
    • Gem Strength and Satellite Damage
  • Base class stats adjusted
  • Monster damage & AI aggression adjusted
  • New & updated enchants + Legendary effects
  • New Legendary and True Legendary items
  • Difficulty rebalanced
  • Drop rates rebalanced
  • Fonts updated
  • Skill + item cards updated to look better and fit smaller res / higher scaling better
  • Improved performance
  • More controllers supported natively
  • Fixes
https://steamcommunity.com/app/375480/discussions/0/1696045708644604287/

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Since PCEra was always AnimeERA, anyone sad that fansub groups kinda died out?

Eureka Seven Movie was released 2 months in Japan on Bluray, but no announcement at all for the west yet and no fansub group is subbing it apparently.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Ima wait for Shampoo of Tom Braider to be in the monthly before picking it up
UNLESS a large chink of it makes it akin to the original games and the ps2 era series
Flinging arrows at people's cannonly get a series so far snd i have Rice to satisfy my arrow flinging itch

FroMonk

Oct 25, 2017
Finally started playing Battletech, and i'm kinda disappointed.

I actually like what's there thus far, but just moving or attacking takes so long.
Skip/Speed-up options for TB-games are never not good.

The forums are full of people talking about this, so i hope the devs will patch it in, I think i'll wait with this and play Frostpunk instead

The coverart is legit great
The saving grace of it is that it's evident that despite that one flaw, the rest of the game is legit great. If the only thing keeping you from saying it's an excellent game is a small QoL tweak, I'd call that a win.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland

More cryptic stuff from the Prey twitter.

With the amount of teasing going on, 100% it's more than an expansion.
Probably something like Dishonored: Death of the Outsider

Don't even need spinoffs for that. They added inappropriate outfits into P4G iirc.

Persona 4 Golden in general added some wildly inapropiate things, basically all the issues Persona 5 had in terms of story and characters were "test run" in P4G, which is one of the reasons i prefer the original release.

Tho the suits were amaze

2377144-2012_11_27_174241.jpg

The saving grace of it is that it's evident that despite that one flaw, the rest of the game is legit great. If the only thing keeping you from saying it's an excellent game is a small QoL tweak, I'd call that a win.

I think gamespeed can be considered more than just QoL, but yea, you're right about the rest.

Sub Level

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas

Eureka Seven Movie was released 2 months in Japan on Bluray, but no announcement at all for the west yet and no fansub group is subbing it apparently.

I would tune in for Bleach weekly by Dattebayo fansubs. They would troll us once a blue moon by releasing a file for torrent and it would end up not being Bleach at all but something else random. Crazy to think that was like a good decade+ ago.

FroMonk

Oct 25, 2017
I think gamespeed can be considered more than just QoL, but yea, you're right about the rest.
It's a great game to drink to. Make your move/set up your alpha strike, have a sip of beer while the carnage unfolds. Slowly worked my way through one of these bad boys over one or two battles.
TrailAngel-6pkBottle-297x262-1.png

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Just backed Idol Manager on Kickstarter. Looks like an interesting manager sim with a focus on the darker side of idols.

Idol Manager is a business sim about conquering the entertainment industry using any means you deem necessary.

You take on the role of manager at a small (but growing!) talent agency. As you cultivate and train the newest generation of young pop stars, you'll have to decide who to hire and who to fire, who gets promoted when things go well and who gets reprimanded when things get sour. The personal lives of these young celebrities are a part of your business, and the life of a pop star isn't always a happy one. Their crowning personal achievements can be your greatest commercial successes, but their emotional meltdowns and PR nightmares can spell financial disaster for your company.

It's not just the idols you have to worry about. The world is full of gossip magazines, super fans, and rival groups, all thirsty for a scoop on the latest scandal. There's a lot of people who want to tear you down and are willing to play dirty, but try not to let it get to you. It's not personal, it's business.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever

Eh. I miss the culture of early 2000's fansubbing since I lived in Japan and used to provide *legally obscure services here* lol. In the end though there was many reasons why a lot of it died down. Legal issues forced many subbers to start requiring servers outside US, it gets expensive. Speed subbers got bought out by Streaming services, like Crunchy Roll, Funimation, and many more. Once speedsubbing got popular, ripping groups followed who just ripped subs from the speedsubs and slightly edited/repackaged them.

Weebs only cared to watch their anime quickly, so traditional sub groups died with no more donations and fans settling for rock bottom quality. :( Nowadays it seems like the big differentiating factor between fansub groups is Video quality and encoding. The majority of people have moved on to legit services like Hulu, Crunchyroll, Funimation, Netflix and all the other avenues. It's good and bad, I guess it means anime is more healthy and mainstream these days at least since there are so many legal ways to watch it now compared to back then.

OniluapL

Oct 25, 2017
Now talking a bit more seriously, I really love the Persona games, but Atlus need to be way better in relation to its... problematic aspects. Persona 5 is kinda absurd in that's is a great story about giving power back to the oppressed but an instant later we have have a joke about a character having to be naked or an extremely offensive depiction of lgbt people. It becomes difficult to defend at that point.

Also who cares about crpgs someday I will play Planescape, it will eventually happen

ara

Oct 26, 2017
When I hear darker, I think these guys should raise their monitor brightness

DiceyRobot

Oct 26, 2017
Anybody here play Light Fall? My backlog is already up to its eyes in 2D platformers...how does this one stack up to its peers? Should I bump it up on the priority list?

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
When I hear "Darker", I don't think Doki Doki Literature Club. I think Perfect Blue.

I think of the Dragon Age 2 review personally. But yes, if there's some Perfect Blue style crises then that'd be great.

I backed it at a level that allows me to name a rival group, so need to think of one now.

Andres

Oct 25, 2017
DotA could learn a lot from God of War. Give every hero a child companion for users to yell at instead of their team mates when a game goes bad.

Oct 25, 2017
I would have prefered a single player/offline wild west game but I think I'll check this out anyway. We need more wild west/cowboy (and pirate) games.
Yeah, me too. Hopefully Rockstar will port RDR2 to PC along with PS5 and Xbox whatever-the-fuck-it-will-be-called.

Mad

Oct 25, 2017

My problem with Wild West online is it's made with the nightshade engine (War Z, Infestation: Survivor Stories)
Sooo Yeah. Maybe it will be great! So far every game made with it has been riddled with horrendous problems.

They keep stomping up and down the game has nothing to do with sergey titov but it sure looks like every game hes made but with cowboys

Deleted member 19813

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So, I bought that Sega Playstation bundle over at HB thinking it was for Steam.

Well, who wants the bundle? I purchased it for $15 but don't have consoles anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.