• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
EDIT 1: Seems they ran out of keys, so this price offering is over, feel free to check back from time to time though~

EDIT: An update about the DRM-free copy
I decided to pay $3 to play detective. It's piracy. Someone took the GOG version of the game, repackaged it with their own installer signed and published by "Ace Media Group LLC" and submitted it to Amazon. The installer looks fairly legit but the uninstaller doesn't work. They left GOG-specific metadata files and Galaxy64.dll (for GOG Galaxy client integration) in the install dir.

Last edited:

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
Ha, got it for now. This was the right price for me because I don't think it will run well on my laptop sadly. (I'm able to run Civ VI on low-medium settings)

SneerfulOwl

Nov 4, 2017
Surviving Mars is 4 bucks because of price error as well. Go get it before poor Amazon worker finds out he/she fucked up.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's kinda goofy these aren't at least redeemable in the Twitch browser. I snagged Surviving Mars but now sort of regretting it because I imagine that's gonna get patched a ton over the years and I'm not looking forward to updating it manually.

OP
OP
Tizoc

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
It's kinda goofy these aren't at least redeemable in the Twitch browser. I snagged Surviving Mars but now sort of regretting it because I imagine that's gonna get patched a ton over the years and I'm not looking forward to updating it manually.
Think of it like this:
They're $10 demo discs :V

Oct 25, 2017
Worth the risk at this price, waiting to see how's it's supposed to be updated
edit: ok it's really weird that this are all price mistakes. If I'm not mistaken this service is new, maybe a way to gain users?

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Wow nice. What's the deal with games on Amazon? One review on Amazon says this isn't the latest version of the game. Can you find the latest updates on the developer's website? Either way it's impossible to pass up at $3 but...

kin

Nov 3, 2017
Got both Frostpunk and Surviving Mars for $6.98 in total. Installed them right away and everything seems to be working :) Thanks OP!

OP
OP
Tizoc

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Got both Frostpunk and Surviving Mars for $6.98 in total. Installed them right away and everything seems to be working :) Thanks OP!
You are welcome but be aware thag these mah not have the latest veraion of the game
But
If u get the gog or steam versions you can have that service detect the game folder and update it foe you

Quad Lasers

Oct 26, 2017
I decided to pay $3 to play detective. It's piracy. Someone took the GOG version of the game, repackaged it with their own installer signed and published by "Ace Media Group LLC" and submitted it to Amazon. The installer looks fairly legit but the uninstaller doesn't work. They left GOG-specific metadata files and Galaxy64.dll (for GOG Galaxy client integration) in the install dir.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/8yrgaq/amazon_frostpunk_299_i_think_this_is_a_screw_up/

OP
OP
Tizoc

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Thanks for the info. At this point, I'll grab the game on GOG in the near future.

Guess it was too good to even be a price error. I'll have none of that. I contacted Amazon and the rep told me that they will make an exception and issue a refund. I'll see if the refund actually goes through or not.
They OK-ed my refund request(s) too. I'll check my card details in the next couple of days to confirm.

Last edited:

kin

Nov 3, 2017
Now I feel bad about this too, if this is piracy I do not want to support it. Were people able to get a refund from Amazon?

Looked like a pricing error at first but the fact that the install folders still have gog stuff attached to them seems wrong.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Now I feel bad about this too, if this is piracy I do not want to support it. Were people able to get a refund from Amazon?

Looked like a pricing error at first but the fact that the install folders still have gog stuff attached to them seems wrong.

Yes its pretty easy. Chat boxed a rep, got it did in less than 10 minutes for both Battle Chasers and Frostpunk

LQX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got a refund, but the chat rep did not seem to really care when I said it was pirated games...but I guess he figured Amazon would not care.

Are we 100% certain this was pirated software?

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like the higher ups realized the fuck up. I just got a refund notice and I didn't even ask for it. I also got a 10 dollars gift card added to my balance as well.

TheWordyGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's great to see people here understanding that their gain was the developer's loss - and that this was not a sale the developer had any control over.

Small developers that make good or great games need to be supported.

LQX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, also got $10 for each game....or at least the email said that. Not seeing it reflected in my account.

There's no way this game should be selling for $3 at this stage.
I pretty sure we all know that, but pirate software uploaded to Amazon and intentionally sold is very different from a price mistake.

Adree

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, also got $10 for each game....or at least the email said that. Not seeing it reflected in my account.

I pretty sure we all know that, but pirate software uploaded to Amazon and intentionally sold is very different from a price mistake.

It's put on your gift card balance.