• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
I understand Sony owns the IP but its published by 505 Games on PC. Would be interesting to see this on GP.

View: https://twitter.com/XboxGamePassPC/status/1559585933078437888?s=20&t=7wOBzOaFkWV_T4Qg5Prm0A
66c30S1J_400x400.jpg

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Starfield? DS is owned by Sony and there's supposedly a sequel in production too.
Could be, but there's no footage or screenshots of Starfield with that look/grass/moss. Not from the June trailer at least.

Looks more like Death Stranding to me:
death-stranding-3840x2160-e3-2018-screenshot-4k-19151.jpg
Death-Stranding-PC-DLSS-quality-1212x682.jpg

Arubedo

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 24, 2018
Morocco
It's Death Stranding, 505 Games publishes the game on PC, so they can drop the game on PC Game Pass if they wanted.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
No matter how you look at it, that is almost certainly an environment shot from Death Stranding.

Alex de Souza

Jul 14, 2022
Would be great. Death Stranding is one of my favorite games of all time. I haven't played the DC edition yet.

105-Shake

Aug 13, 2020
Definitely Death Stranding. Could be a MLB The Show situation where the publisher dictates whether it goes on game pass or not. In this case 505 Games for the PC version.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
It's PC Gamepass's Icon correct?

Because if so, that's probably a loophole for getting the game on Gamepass.

Much like how Forspoken is still coming to the Windows Store with Xbox Achievements

Buy Forspoken | Xbox

Forspoken follows the journey of Frey, a young New Yorker transported to the beautiful and cruel land of Athia. In search of a way home, Frey must use her newfound magical abilities to traverse sprawling landscapes and battle monstrous creatures.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely DS. You're in for a treat.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020

Much like how Forspoken is still coming to the Windows Store with Xbox Achievements

Buy Forspoken | Xbox

Forspoken follows the journey of Frey, a young New Yorker transported to the beautiful and cruel land of Athia. In search of a way home, Frey must use her newfound magical abilities to traverse sprawling landscapes and battle monstrous creatures.
yeah PC Game Pass updated it while the regular Game Pass account is just the xbox green

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'd put my money on something related to Hellblade first

YozoraXV

Oct 30, 2017
No way Death Stranding is coming to Game Pass PC, did everyone suddenly forget the other thread about them blocking Game Pass releases. I fully expect they made sure games they funded are permanently off the service.

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
This would probably be the biggest PC Gamepass exclusive since the service started. The only other one I can think of that was relatively popular when it launched was Crusader Kings 3.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
I double dipped on pc during the summer sale, and i've yet to even start it up. i'll be disappointed if this happens lol

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
No way Death Stranding is coming to Game Pass PC, did everyone suddenly forget the other thread about them blocking Game Pass releases. I fully expect they made sure games they funded are permanently off the service.
I mean it has been almost a year since Death Stranding Directors Cut..

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Someone boot up death stranding and verify, literally looks like the starting location when you make your first delivery lol

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I remember times when people complained that Xbox was getting too much support while PC was getting less. Now it seems people will be (and are) complaing about PC getting too much support if DS is really coming to Game Pass.
It's inevitable that either platform will have their own perks/exclusives under the same service given the weird publishing situations for some of these games.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
why would they tease the game and not just officially announce it?...earlier today they announced the full August PC Game Pass lineup...strange to put up a Death Stranding profile picture a few hours later

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That's why GPU is the best value there and with family game pass being allegedly GPU, it would not matter.
It would still matter if you aren't an owner of both platforms, so you'd always look over and see the other side getting something cool and exclusive despite having the same service. If you have a capable PC and Xbox, it's a non-issue.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
I think those reports were around specific games that Sony has active PlayStation console marketing deals with, to ensure that the investment isn't wasted. Death Stranding is quite far from being a PlayStation system seller anymore. The PC release came out over two years ago, and 505 did the marketing for it so I'd expect them to be able to do what they want with that license now.

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020

Buy Forspoken | Xbox

I wonder if that's why they changed the name recently lol

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine if the trailer or whatever Kojima has been working on, is for the "DS on PC Gamepass" trailer lol

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
I would have thought Hellblade before Death Stranding. But it's not impossible. I guess?

of course it is, it's a Keighley x Kojima joint!
BUT if you think about it. It's a series of Hills...technically! They are being pretty Silent about it!

Sam has the flag for the Netherlands on his back. Which is linked to something.

The pieces are all there. If you squint.

I remembered that silly Netherlands thing and had to google where it came from. First result was a post on this board. Real good chuckle at that

Last edited:

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
I think DS is a plodding, self-indulgent monument to Kojima's ego, but I recognize that some people feel differently. Would be weird to see it show up on Game Pass, even if just on PC.

AImalexia

Prophet of Truth
Aug 31, 2021
Might be hellblade 2, that games has the icelandic look too, maybe new trailer @ gamescom? They do like showing that game at geoffcons

Status
Not open for further replies.