• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you going to buy BL 3 on EGS?

• Yes

Votes: 292 27.8%
  • Waiting for Steam release.

Votes: 644 61.3%
  • Getting it on a console.

Votes: 114 10.9%

• Total voters

Killer

Oct 27, 2017
This is the biggest title that is launching exclusively on EGS. I wanna know if people are gonna buy it from there or waiting for Steam. For me personally, I'm waiting for it to come to Steam.

Dec 20, 2018
Waiting for a deep deep sale like I did for every other game in the series.

I'll copt it on whatever's the cheapest at that point

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
I was going to wait, but a mate wants to play co-op, so I pre-ordered the game on GamersGate earlier today. Just the standard edition, though; I'll buy the Super Deluxe Edition come the Steam release.

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Yup, picked up the deluxe edition when GMG had the discount.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
No, because I'm not really a fan of the franchise. I bought the previous Borderlands games on sale and I'll do the same for this one.

Even if it's on Steam this month, I wouldn't buy it at launch.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
No. I like the series but I can wait 6 months.

Also I cant even afford the tons of games coming out this month as it is so I think I can wait until the GOTY edition comes out lol

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
Was gonna, but then I remembered how much I enjoyed Borderlands, so ended up grabbing it when I could Preorder for a good price. Excited to play it on Thursday.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There are so many games coming out, it's very easy to wait for it to be on deep discount on Steam.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
No, but I'm not the biggest fan of Borderlands to begin with. I'll just wait for the Steam release so I can unlock some achievements and share my silly screenshots.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely, yes. It's been 7 years since Borderlands 2 came out. I'm hype as hell.

People willing to wait for the Steam release probably weren't gonna buy it at launch anyways. These are the same people who probably double-dipped on Monster Hunter World / GTA V.

LQX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Going to wait unless I get a major deal on it. Not that I mind buying a game on the Epic store but I have all the other games and DLC on Steam.

sku

Feb 11, 2018
Waiting for sure. Not giving Epic any of my money and I'm in no rush anyway.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
To start with, I don't see any reason for why 2k and Gearbox has earned preorders for this game.

They took a deal to sell the game on an inferior store with an inferior client, with Denuvo added on top of that. And then they have limited the sites that will have reviews up at release.

Why should we reward any of this with giving them our money before the actual release, before actual reviews and impressions of the final product?

The game is definitely so low down on my priority list, with how they're handling the release of this, that the Steam version will most likely be out already, before I can even contemplate to give them money for this.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Where's the "No, Randy can get fucked" answer?

And even if Pitchford wasn't involved, I tapped out halfway through BL2 and have zero desire to check back in.

m_dorian

Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
No, because both Sweeney and Pitchford are assh... er, individuals of questionable morality and I do not want them to have any portion of my money.

I could seek a Steam key code, from legitimate sources of course, but only if the game comes to be of exceptional quality.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
I would get it on EGS but the people I want to play with are getting it on console.

Damn you lack of crossplay!

sheaaaa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Between EGS, Pitchford being a dick and Borderlands 2 not being very good, hard no.

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not buying it. BL2 wasn't my thing and not too interested in giving Randy money.

However I am curious Will the EGS version play with the steam version?

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sure, why not. I don't mind the exclusivity thing, Steam isn't the only platform I play on lol. I'm not loyal to it at all.

Zenkuso

Jan 28, 2019
Yep, bought the day it went up for preorder. Doesn't matter if its epic, value, ubisoft, etc. Games are games, if you enjoy it then why does it matter where you get it from. Hell I'd have brought it on gog if it was there.

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Not buying it on any storefront since I don't like Borderlands in general. But if I did, I wouldn't mind buying it on EGS.

whiteninja

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
No, I dont wanna pay full price for it. Most likely it will be better discounted when it gets to Steam.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
Looks like a strong year for CoD on PC so I think I'll wait it out.

And it'll be a cold day in hell before I spend $60 on a PC game.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Already did, awaiting Friday for some Mayhem .
Also ,im glad this thread exist so people could get it out of their system , and leave it out of the coming OT for the game .

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, bought the day it went up for preorder. Doesn't matter if its epic, value, ubisoft, etc. Games are games, if you enjoy it then why does it matter where you get it from. Hell I'd have brought it on gog if it was there.

Not sure why you seem to add GOG as outlier there, with it coming with both a superior optional client then most others, and being a DRM free game that you get to keep without interference.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Yup, although probably in December or in January, cause I need to work through my backlog :P

Oct 25, 2017
I'm waiting for the Steam version even if I might not even get it, it depends on how good the game is, we'll see.

I did enjoy BL1/2 but it's been a very long time.

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I will buy it on EGS, or whichever would had been cheaper. I am not too picky on that front.