• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you going to buy BL 3 on EGS?

• Yes

Votes: 292 27.8%
  • Waiting for Steam release.

Votes: 644 61.3%
  • Getting it on a console.

Votes: 114 10.9%

• Total voters

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
Yup, pre-ordered on the day it went live - regional pricing was pretty good (31 USD for the base version - it's now in BRL but still equivalent to that), and then I got $10 back on that promo.
Also I really like the series.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
I will buy it when both of these criteria meet:
- It's on Steam
- It's 10€ or less

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Probably not, but that's more to do with there being enough on my plate this month already. I had no issue buying Control on EGS but I'm much more fond of Remedy than I am of Gearbox. I'm happy enough waiting, I don't feel like I'm missing out if I'm not there day 1.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can you find keys for cheap? That's my biggest problem with the EGS. I don't like paying 60, I like grabbing my keys from GMG for like 45.

Oct 26, 2017
If I'm thirsty enough for some Borderlands 3 action, then I'll get it on the EGS.

As of now, other games are keeping my attention. So, I might just wait for the Steam release. Still--I'm not opposed to buying it for the EGS at this time.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Can you find keys for cheap? That's my biggest problem with the EGS. I don't like paying 60, I like grabbing my keys from GMG for like 45.

I saw an ad for Mediamarkt Germany floating around that offered 2 for the price of 1. I bet there are keys making the rounds from people reselling those.
It is also on GMG though. Wait for a sale, maybe.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
It's only a six month wait, and this is just the base game.
I'm going to wait (well, at least I plan to) hold off until they do the full package with all of their DLC.

But I don't plan on getting it on EGS, because I don't support what they're doing to PC gaming.

BrutalInsane

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I'll buy it from another platform once the deal with EGS is done and it's cheap. Fuck Epic and PC exclusivity.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, Im not a valve fanboy

Wow look at the epic fanboy here

giphy.gif

/s in case ya didn't notice

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Not particularly interested in Borderlands 3, won't buy it at all, but for games I care about I'll wait for the exclusivity period to run out.
With Borderlands 3 it's just 6 months.

ToKre

Mar 11, 2018
i'll consider it if it was on any other platform not just steam, but EGS is a instant HELL NO.

Dr. Ludwig

Oct 31, 2017
Eh, depends on my friends. If they're excited for it and get it on EGS then yeah I guess but no one in my circle is in any hurry to get BL3 since there are like more than dozen or so games being released now.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
co-op focused games aren't really my cup of tea, so no.

I'll probably grab the GOTY in a steam/fanatical/GMG sale a few years down the road (for Steam, unless EGS figures out their launcher by then)

Way too many good single player games coming out this month that are grabbing my attention more.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
47€ for EU key on cdkeys.
I pre ordered the game (EGS EU key on July 20) from cdkeys for 37€.

Today is indeed 47€. The prices always rise a few weeks before the release and then get reduced again a few weeks after the launch.

Is 53€ on GMG.

twdnewh

Oct 31, 2018
Sydney, Australia
I have so much to play atm, by the time I come to play it it will be on Steam anyway.

I'm against store exclusives, so I think I would've waited even if i was ready to play it.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I'll get it on a sale somewhere later down the line. Kind of sick of the borderlands formula anyway and 3 seems to be more of the same, for better or for worse. Especially not with the prices that are happening due to the EGS exclusivity.

Oct 25, 2017
I probably would've bought it day one if it were coming out on Steam this week, but I can wait six months, that's nothing. Still haven't finished the Commander Lilith DLC, for what it's worth.

fireflame

Oct 27, 2017
Nt even on Steam. I don't like the behavior of the CEO and while I admit employees are NOT theCEO.... Any interest I might have forthis game is reducedt o 0. And this is not related to EGS only.

TacoSupreme

Jul 26, 2019
If I ever buy it it'll be when it's so cheap that I can either easily convince my group of co-op friends to buy in and play with me or simply buy them copies myself. At that point it'll probably have been out on pretty much every imaginable storefront for a year and I can pick the cheapest outlet. As such I expect it'll end up being on Steam.

I found completing Borderlands 2 and The Pre-Sequel to be a bit of a slog, so I wasn't massively predisposed to buying it quickly anyway.

sugarmonkey

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was going to get it on Xbox but I have a beefy PC and don't want to wait. I already buy games and barely play them after they launch so why stop now? Plus, PC launches a few hours earlier than console, so that helped my decision. I'm not going to lie, I've read the cons with giving money to EGS, but honestly I have to pick my battles with where I spend my money, and EGS just isn't enough of a problem for me.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
Not buying BL3. My gaming pals don't like EGS so there are other co-op games to play. Maybe I'll be interested when it comes to Steam...maybe.

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
Where's the vote for not buying it?
I played previous games a lot but upon recently revisiting the last game I just realized I'm totally burned out by the formula.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The whole BL franchise is my personal guilty pleasure and I own pretty much everything that exists within that franchise.

But there is no way that my BL-fanboyism is enough to support the EGS practices and buy it there.

ussjtrunks

Oct 25, 2017
I'll buy it on Steam eventually, 6 months is nothing with all the other games that have come out recently

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Skipping the game entirely for now, will wait for that 75% discount on Steam.

Walker_Boh

Oct 25, 2017
Boise, Idaho
I bought it on the PS4 this time around. I refuse to support Epic's bullshit to the point where I deleted my account with them so I couldn't buy it there anyway.

Lunoir

Aug 31, 2019
Massachusetts
There is nothing more boring than people hating on the Epic store and I avoid buying games on Steam whenever possible, so this one actually worked out pretty well for me.

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
I've pre-ordered the Super-Deluxe Edition for myself, and for two of my friends via GMG for EGS.

EGS is by no means perfect, but the three of us want to play at launch and I don't see any reason not to.