• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you going to buy BL 3 on EGS?

• Yes

Votes: 292 27.8%
  • Waiting for Steam release.

Votes: 644 61.3%
  • Getting it on a console.

Votes: 114 10.9%

• Total voters

Agamon

Aug 1, 2019
I'm getting it on XBox, really only because I'm currently playing BL2 co-op with my brother, so it would be cool to continue that. His PC is not modern game friendly.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
have it pre ordered at gamestop for EGS, if it turns out the reviews / twitch streams look awful I can cancel easily

usually i play these games on xbox but i will play BL3 on PC because i can probably give myself tons of gold keys and stuff much easier on PC, and i don't really trust gearbox not to make it very MTX heavy

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Probably not, 60-70€ is a lot of money and I don't trust Epic to maintain the store for many years. When Control came out there wasn't even a retail PC version so the retail PS4 version was 10% cheaper than buying on the EGS. Plus Borderlands has usually left me fairly cold. Dunno what I'll end up doing but 60€ on the EGS sounds unlikely.

psilocybe

Oct 27, 2017
I bought Control and Detroit: Become Human on EGS.

Both are from smaller companies and I wanted to support them. But Take Two is quite the big boy to handle some missing sales. I will wait.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Got the Super Deluxe Edition. I was hesitant at first, but I can't wait and I would've paid full price on Steam release anyway, so why wait?

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
I ultimately am not really interested in picking it up. Nothing about this latest entry has excited me. But were I to pick it up, I'd want to do so on PC wherever it was cheapest; EGS or not.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
User Banned (3 Days): Trolling
Yes, I can launch multiple launchers for whatever game I want to play without causing a scene.

BigBlue

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 6, 2019
Hell yes I love me some EGS. The exclusives just keep on coming and I will keep on buying them

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
If I wanted it, yes I would buy it on EGS. I've already bought at least one game on the store and can see myself getting more.

Sadly it's been so long since BL2 and I played SO much of that game and the fire one that I just have no excitement for BL3.

Maybe in a year or two when all the DLC is out and its on sale, but I've got not interest in playing it day one. Too many other games I want to play more that I already don't have time to play, lol.

Kureizu

Oct 27, 2017
Alicante, Spain.
Yes, pre-ordered it a month ago. To me there is no difference between EGS and Steam. Also I'm not really interested in anything until The Outer Worlds while in March I`ll be playing FFVIIR and Watch Dogs.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Waiting for steam release. Plenty of other games to play right now. I have a huge backlog. Steams features add value to me.

Z6E1Z9O

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
borderlands 3 doesnt support regional pricing in egs, which was the only reason that can actually make me buy a game on egs since for most games egs's regional pricing is better than steam's

so yeah,im waiting for it to be released on steam...

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was MAYBE considering it since I love Borderland so much, but after seeing the reviews... I don't know. I didn't want to let my hate of EGS prevent me from enjoying Borderlands, but it looks like maybe I can wait it out.

I find it weird people wanna wait out of loyalty to a corporation.
Bit reductive. There are a lot of reasons to not buy games on EGS, and none of them have to do with loyalty.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
PCGamer gave it a 63/100

https://www.pcgamer.com/borderlands-3-review/

confirmed ass cheeks.

i guess that's why they didn't send any review copies to European reviewers.. they would tear this game a new one. i imagine its a lot worse then pcgamer claims.
Did you actually read the review, or are you just gonna comment on the score?

The score is completely arbitrary. The critic praises pretty much everything but the humor, and who's playing a loot game for story?

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Already did. I need that 60fps and I don't want to wait six months.

Deleted member 49438

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 7, 2018
Probably just gonna wait for the complete edition with DLC that inevitably gets released & then sees its price slashed. Don't really feel compelled to play at launch for a game like Borderlands.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Just because they gave the game a fair score doesn't mean its a bad review site. I could say the same thing about any site.
Oh no it's not because of their BL3 review. I've found a lot of errors in their reporting on even the most basic things. A lot of their articles push wrong info, and require multiple emails to even correct the most basic info.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Did you actually read the review, or are you just gonna comment on the score?

The score is completely arbitrary. The critic praises pretty much everything but the humor, and who's playing a loot game for story?

I do play the games for their story and "character".
Borderlands 2 was ok on that front, with nice funny beats.
So that makes at least one.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
Ill wait for steam release. Not that I mind EGS but Im not hyped enough for Borderlands 3. Ill buy the cheap goty edition next year.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
After reading the reviews, it's an even easier wait for the Steam release, might have been tempted by console or EGS if it was at 95 metacritic or so.

voOsh

Apr 5, 2018
I'm planning on picking up the game + all DLC for $5 during the Steam 2022 Winter Sale.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Nope. Swore off the EGS when they bought out their first exclusive. Ill buy it when its dirt cheap on Steam with all the content.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
I'll probably end up getting it on a Steam sale in a few years when it comes with all the dlc. Even then maybe not. I'm not that bothered tbh.

Riesenfass

Oct 29, 2017
I would have been there day 1, like I was for Borderlands 2, but I won't buy on EGS.

I'll wait for it to come to steam, but I'm expecting it to be full price there when it releases, which means I'm waiting for a sale.

As the biggest Borderlands fan in my group of friends, this release choice has put such a damper on my excitement for this game.

Harbinger00

Oct 27, 2017
Probably not gonna buy it at all. Pretty burned out on borderlands right now.

Maybe when an inevitable game of the year edition comes out, I'll get it wherever it's cheapest.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Since it will be $60 on Steam after being a 6 month old game (and probably $30-40 on consoles by that point), it might just be best to wait for the inevitable GOTY release with all of the dlc that is coming...

AustinJ

Jul 18, 2018
Maybe? Depends on if my friends are picking it up. I could wait for a price drop if I was going to solo it.

Purchased my first game on EGS last week. Control is super awesome, but I do find myself wishing EGS had achievements.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Probably not, but more because I just don't see myself playing Borderlands 3 anytime soon and I'm not sure if it's going to be good or just more of the same.

I did accept EGS exclusivity for Control, though the joke there is that because I've been so engrossed in Fire Emblem lately, I haven't even had time to finish Wolfenstein Youngblood, let alone dive into Control.